What Are we Getting Saved From?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes! Its coming, ready or not. The "sheep" will be separated from the "goats"....both were shepherded by Israelites. Neither were "unclean" for sacrifice, so what is it about the "goats" that makes them unworthy of Jesus acceptance? What is it about the sheep that merits God's favor?

What do you think it means to be "born again"?

Hellfire?
omg
Really? You worship a god who tortures people in flames for all eternity?
shocked

Another world? What's wrong with this one?....all it needs is a good clean.
ok

(2 Peter 3:13)

We can save ourselves, just like Noah did, because Jesus taught us how to. Everlasting life is a free gift but we have to qualify for it. If we are not "doing the will of the Father" we will NOT inherit the Kingdom.

I think you have a very vivid imagination....:hmhehm

Well actually he didn't....
Luke 20:34-38...
"Jesus answered and said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35 But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; 36 nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. 37 But even Moses showed in the burning bush passage that the dead are raised, when he called the Lord ‘the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.’ 38 For He is not the God of the dead but of the living, for all live to Him.” (NKJV)

It is Yahweh who is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob....not Jesus.
"for all live to him".....Or “for all live from his standpoint.” The Bible shows that those who are living but who are alienated from God are dead from his standpoint. (Ephesians 2:1; 1 Timothy 5:6) Likewise, approved servants of God who die are still living from Yahweh’s standpoint, since his purpose to resurrect them is sure of fulfillment. (Romans 4:16-17)
Did I say such was Gods will for Hellfire ? No it's the carnal who bring such on themselves, why because they are a curse.

The Born again abide in the Vine in fact ! they who do not abide in the Vine are dead as Vampires.

What's is wrong with this world ? well Jesus said the issue was due to deceptions and delusions, so one must be of the Kingdom of God and their is a list of who can not enter in the Bible, did you know that fact ! and why can such as not enter, because they are not worthy their of, just like they can not get into Heaven in fact, because they do not know Christ Jesus in fact.

Save ourselves ? Only Christ Jesus Saves in fact.

What you claim that Christ Jesus is not about the Living ? Christ Jesus is all about Living in fact, for one has life in him, outside of that is only darkness of this world that is plagued with deceptions and delusions, for they are in darkness in fact.
Jesus is the Light of the World ! for He is the Vine that we must abide in.

As for the flames for eternity ? They are like when you have done something wrong that you regret due to ones ignorance, such burns you ? does it not ? My wife had one of her worker mates shot in the face with a shot gun at work in the Bank, now that dude who shot him ? or lets say that you shot him, would you ever get over doing such truly I think the regret will be with one for the rest of their life in fact. That bloke who was shot in the face is a live but is blind and as for the rest need I say.
When we are past this life our Soul goes on for ever ? now as to regrets, think about that looking back Tormented by such is Hellfire.
We should do as Jesus showed us in his two commandments. Is it truly that hard ! well yes, but for knowing him ! we come to abide.
Now the World, this world does not like Jesus Christ in fact but Hates him, for we seen how and what they did to him in fact and if one does not understand that fact, you are not saved and are condemned to Hellfire. You bring it on yourself, you all ! Nosferatu. she does not live on the Vine. such is cut off from the Vine !

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
LOL...but that could not possibly be you, could it QT?
palm

The day is coming and soon.....are you ready? Are you "doing the will of the Father"? There is criteria you know....it requires a shared faith with a like-minded brotherhood.(1 Corinthians 1:10)
My confidence is in my Saviour AJ. It definitely isn't in myself. I trust his promises. Does that make me ready?

Every person is on their own re this. You cannot have trust for your children or your neighbour. I think that's why Paul says, 'work out your salvation with fear and trembling'......partially because of the risk of getting swayed and led by those whose company one frequents.

Last edited:
Reactions: face2face

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So do you think that God used a figure of speech in Daniel 12:2, in which case you are now accusing God of being a Jehovah's Witness and twisting His own words? :rolleyes: Or do you take God literally and believe that there have been people sleeping buried in the ground (dust of earth) for around 3,000 years who will in the future wake up? :jest:
Daniel 12:2 does hold the figure of sleep as a metaphor for those who are completely and utterly dead in the ground whose past faith hold them in hope of life.

The literal definition of one who sleeps is of course alive while doing so....again poor Jack is not able to see how the figure of speech relates to a persons faith which holds them in hope of the resurrection and the life". Christ will re-energise those who presently sleep upon his return. For a time sin has been successful, for death is the "wages of sin" (Romans 6:23), and the Divine judgment upon Adam sentenced him to become "dust" (Genesis 3:19).

Concerning Lazarus Jesus declared: "Our friend Lazarus sleeps; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep" (John 11:11)

I'm spending a lot of time elsewhere in the forum dealing with figures of speech so maybe Jack is thinking its a JW thing, which of course I am not, but hey, he paints everyone who doesn't believe as he does as a JW.

F2F

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
You're jumping the gun on me there EB.....first things first.
What was God's original purpose for mankind on this earth?

For us to make a choice between Him and satan with no remembrance of what took place during the first Heaven and earth age when 1/3 followed satan so instead of killing them right then and there, he had us be born of woman .

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For us to make a choice between Him and satan with no remembrance of what took place during the first Heaven and earth age when 1/3 followed satan so instead of killing them right then and there, he had us be born of woman .
shocked
I haven't heard that one before.....where did you glean this idea?

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very simple answer: our sins. Upon being baptized into Christ, your sins are remitted according to Acts 2:38. While you're in sin, you're separated from God. By being saved, your sins are forgiven and you are no longer separated from God.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Very simple answer: our sins. Upon being baptized into Christ, your sins are remitted according to Acts 2:38. While you're in sin, you're separated from God. By being saved, your sins are forgiven and you are no longer separated from God.
consider this DJT....our sins are forgiven ie, not held against us even before we were born as love hold no record of wrongs. 1 Corinthians 13:5
I understand this throws a spanner into the standard interpretation. Could it be that's what Jesus came to do?....to reveal the love of the Father in such a way to blow faltering festering fumbling humanity out of the water so to speak......and so Paul uses language like this:

Romans 11:33 'Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!'

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It makes no sense and conflicts with scripture. God doesn't play games.
you are right, he doesn't play games....and this is not a game.....it's good news.....news better than we can imagine......and surprisingly, it doesn't conflict with scripture but it does conflict with what men expect from God.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I completely understand that...but why did Jesus have to become a man and give his life in sacrifice?
Why couldn’t God just forgive us out of his love, which would have prevented his son from suffering the dreadful death that he endured?

Whilst ever we are in sinful flesh, we are separated from God, which is why God provided a “mediator” so that communication with our Creator would still be available to fallen humanity. (1 Timothy 2:5-6)

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 55:8-9

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts

You'll have to ask God why he does what he does.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are right, he doesn't play games....and this is not a game.....it's good news.....news better than we can imagine......and surprisingly, it doesn't conflict with scripture but it does conflict with what men expect from God.

Isaiah 59:2
2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Isaiah 55:8-9

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts

You'll have to ask God why he does what he does.
This text is right. Can you imagine that God does not require blood? ....and sacrifice? how are we to understand that?
How have we traditionally seen this? or, how else could it be seen which is consistent with God's character?

When you work like blazers to put your kid through college, is not that a sacrifice? When the creator of all that exists, Jesus, identified with fallen humanity and sojourned with us, can we even imagine the nature of that sacrifice? and to top it all off, we murder him and he does not resist. I think we are hard pressed to.
Ahhhh, how we see shifts everything!

....and what's more, if we insist on seeing God through our limited, fallen and unhealthy paradigms, we shut the door to the greatest gift given to mankind.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Isaiah 59:2
2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
Yes, our iniquities have separated us. It does not say God was separated from us.
For goodness sakes, he came and identified with us in Jesus so that we could see his affection toward us

When Adam blew it in the garden, he was the one who went into hiding, not God. God went looking for him, calling him....Adam was his friend. Adam was separated from God. God was not separated from Adam.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God is saying to Adam, 'talk to me' don't out me.

God has always wanted to talk to us yet we (people, humanity) insist that God only wants to talk to us if we jump through certain hoops, if we measure up, if we are good enough....whatever that means......and so we out God by our own perceptions of God and the 'self righteousness' which accompanies this.

We effectively make God in our image and condemn/judge others who don't worship the God we understand/imagine/have created.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't think of anything better to be saved from than "everlasting fire" spending eternity with the worst beings who ever existed.

Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
Revelation 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God is saying to Adam, 'talk to me' don't out me.

God has always wanted to talk to us yet we (people, humanity) insist that God only wants to talk to us if we jump through certain hoops, if we measure up, if we are good enough....whatever that means......and so we out God by our own perceptions of God and the 'self righteousness' which accompanies this.

We effectively make God in our image and condemn/judge others who don't worship the God we understand/imagine/have created.

This is so true about our Heavenly Father "come let us reason together" is his call to Israel and yet time and time again they acted weary around Him...like Cain!

F2F