What do you believe about the Biblical Flood?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Flood covering the entire Earth occured?

• Yes

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
I think it covered the whole world. Every ancient culture has a global flood myth, if it didn't happen how did they ( people that didn't know each other) all come up with the same story.

Reactions: Nancy and Taken

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ohhhhh, and there was a lot of poo.....especially from the elephants.
.....and I do have a question, how do you think they got the drinking water for the colourful population.....and do you think they had a bilge pump to get rid of the pee?....whew, keep ya on your toes even on a Tuesday!

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken and Nancy

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"At the tops of the highest peaks, like that of Mount Everest, it is possible to find 400-million-year-old fossils of sea creatures and shells that were deposited at the bottom of shallow tropical seas. Now the fossils are exposed at the roof of the world, over 25,000 feet above sea level."

Geology of Mt Everest

They say the fossils are 400 million years old and they say the peak was under the ocean floor. I disagree. Radiometric dating isn't very accurate. Flood.

Flood Geology/Grand Canyon Stuff

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"At the tops of the highest peaks, like that of Mount Everest, it is possible to find 400-million-year-old fossils of sea creatures and shells that were deposited at the bottom of shallow tropical seas. Now the fossils are exposed at the roof of the world, over 25,000 feet above sea level."

Geology of Mt Everest

They say the fossils are 400 million years old and they say the peak was under the ocean floor. I disagree. Radiometric dating isn't very accurate. Flood.

Flood Geology/Grand Canyon Stuff
I believe over 90 % maybe even more of fossile where created by the flood, and the fossil es actually prove the major catastrophic power of the flood, when the fountains of the great deep burst open

Reactions: DuckieLady

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.....and I do have a question, how do you think they got the drinking water for the colourful population.....and do you think they had a bilge pump to get rid of the pee?....whew, keep ya on your toes even on a Tuesday!

Lol QT,
Yeah, had to rank pretty bad. As far as drinking water...I think it rained a bit... :D

Reactions: Taken

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lol QT,
Yeah, had to rank pretty bad. As far as drinking water...I think it rained a bit... :D
what, you think they had designated leaks?.....no plastic or metal tanks or glass bottles.....maybe wooden buckets? for all sorts of things.....what a challenge! not like you could step outside for a pee. :)

Reactions: Taken and Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Waste- poo
How much Waste?
Estimate- 10-12 tons daily...
Stink- animal poo not that stinky.
Stink- human poo- can be horrid.

Theory- slatted sub floor for waste to naturally be expelled, contained.
A large collection of beetles/ insects/ worms to digest waste. Yum!

Abundance of beetles/ worms food, for some animals. Recycling!

Fresh Water-
Theory- huge containers front and back (balance) of Ark. Likely filled with rain water.
System of spigots, troughs, bamboo "pipes", arranged to carry water to rooms/stalls/ human and animal spaces.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Waste- poo
How much Waste?
Estimate- 10-12 tons daily...
Stink- animal poo not that stinky.
Stink- human poo- can be horrid.

Theory- slatted sub floor for waste to naturally be expelled, contained.
A large collection of beetles/ insects/ worms to digest waste. Yum!

Abundance of beetles/ worms food, for some animals. Recycling!

Fresh Water-
Theory- huge containers front and back (balance) of Ark. Likely filled with rain water.
System of spigots, troughs, bamboo "pipes", arranged to carry water to rooms/stalls/ human and animal spaces.

Ahaha...you really thought that one out! Sounds good to me :)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe over 90 % maybe even more of fossile where created by the flood, and the fossil es actually prove the major catastrophic power of the flood, when the fountains of the great deep burst open
True. But the term "Fossil Fuels" is bogus. There is oil under the earth's surface that is a part of the earth (just like there is water under the earth's surface), not fossils somehow generating megatons of oil.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. But the term "Fossil Fuels" is bogus. There is oil under the earth's surface that is a part of the earth (just like there is water under the earth's surface), not fossils somehow generating megatons of oil.
They call it fossil fuel because oil is the remnants of ancient living things which were buried and in the process of decomposition turned to oil

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahaha...you really thought that one out! Sounds good to me :)

Did a lengthy study a long time ago.

Tidbit- "gopher wood", is not a type of wood, but rather a technique, of using narrower strips of wood, rather than wide planks.
The narrow strips are easier to form from an engineering perspective, then in and out all covered with "pitch", aka a tar LIKE substance to seal.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A good points.

There are Under the Earth's Surface, huge caverns as well as huge oceans, estimated greater capacities than our present visible oceans.

The rain began the flood, for 7 days.
The Ocean Water from under the Earth rose up..."fountains of the great deep".

At the end of the flood...drying of the land;
Great winds blew, the water assuaged, swept of sorts, back into the Underground oceans, with oceans remaining surrounding portions of land...thus the water was called abated, and dry land again seen.

Underground caves, tunnels, cities have been discovered for years.
Less than 10 years ago scientists discovered an underground ocean, 200-400 miles below the Earth's surface.

Fossils, agree, NOT limited to ocean floor, can be anywhere.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Agree oil is in the Earth, some sandwiched in flinty rocks...so am leaning, natural oil, flakey, flinty rocks and decomposing fossils all play an intricate part in oil and Earth minerals and gems also.

Yes, water "oceans", below the Earth's surface. A great "gulf", (barrier) in Hell.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They call it fossil fuel because oil is the remnants of ancient living things which were buried and in the process of decomposition turned to oil
When a carcass decomposes it does not turn into oil. And that's the problem. That really should be called "God's Fuel".