What does the Bible say about How Christians are suppose to deal with difficult people?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you,

What are some scriptures that you would point someone to, in how as Christians we are suppose to deal with others? Have you considered looking up these scriptures before? Or studying them out? If you have some scriptures that deal with how Christians are suppose to deal with others please share it, to encourage and help others in the faith.

Thank you for your time,
God bless you, in Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

Reactions: amadeus and Wynona

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you,

What are some scriptures that you would point someone to, in how as Christians we are suppose to deal with others? Have you considered looking up these scriptures before? Or studying them out? If you have some scriptures that deal with how Christians are suppose to deal with others please share it, to encourage and help others in the faith.

Thank you for your time,
Matthew Gallagher
We're supposed to treat others as we'd have them treat us, right? Matthew 22:34-40. Maybe sometimes that means a kick in the shins.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus teaches us to love our enemies.

If you think about it, loving people when they're difficult is a great opportunity to show them the love of Christ.

We are to seek the Kingdom first in that way.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you,

What are some scriptures that you would point someone to, in how as Christians we are suppose to deal with others? Have you considered looking up these scriptures before? Or studying them out? If you have some scriptures that deal with how Christians are suppose to deal with others please share it, to encourage and help others in the faith...

Thank you for your time,
Matthew Gallagher
"A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger." Prov 15:1

Reactions: MatthewG

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're supposed to treat others as we'd have them treat us, right? Matthew 22:34-40. Maybe sometimes that means a kick in the shins.

It never means anything like kicking people in the shins...

Matthew 22:34-40 "Now when the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they assembled together. And one of them, an expert in religious law, asked him a question to test him: “Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?” Jesus said to him, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. The second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the law and the prophets depend on these two commandments.”

Do you really kick your neighbors and/or family to demonstrate your love for them? If you're trying to be cute or funny, you're neither!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It never means anything like kicking people in the shins...

Matthew 22:34-40 "Now when the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they assembled together. And one of them, an expert in religious law, asked him a question to test him: “Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?” Jesus said to him, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. The second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the law and the prophets depend on these two commandments.”

Do you really kick your neighbors and/or family to demonstrate your love for them? If you're trying to be cute or funny, you're neither!
Sometimes we all need a kick in the shins.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you,

Thank you for your time,
Matthew Gallagher

Depends on what you mean by difficult. In virtually every situation we turn the other cheek but walking away. Once you reach an individual with the good news and they reject it, you have done your part Matt.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a. We've all sinned.
b. Spoiling the child (or the adult) isn't constructive.

a. is irrelevant
b. is nonsense. Kicking anyone in the shins is an attack.

Why is your "signature"... Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. John 14:27 RSV ?

Kicking someone in the shins is the exact opposite. Can you spell hypocrite?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a. is irrelevant

Why is your "signature"... Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. John 14:27 RSV ?

If your child misbehaves, you discipline him. You don't spoil him. The same principle holds for adults.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a. is irrelevant

My signature is to show people they don't have to worry about things.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If your child misbehaves, you discipline him. You don't spoil him. The same principle holds for adults.

a) So you don't understand the difference between adults and children?
b) How many children have you kicked recently?
c) Your signature is to show people they don't have to worry about things -- except being kicked in the shins!

How can you possibly justify violence and call yourself a Christian?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a) So you don't understand the difference between adults and children?
b) How many children have you kicked recently?
c) Your signature is to show people they don't have to worry about things -- except being kicked in the shins!

How can you possibly justify violence and call yourself a Christian?
Are you saying adults don't misbehave, or if they DO misbehave, we should pat them on the back?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you,

Thank you for your time,
Matthew Gallagher

Rom 12:18
18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
KJV

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 12:18
18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
KJV

Here is that verse in English: "If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all people." NET v2.1 Notice the change in emphasis.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is that verse in English: "If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all people." NET v2.1 Notice the change in emphasis.

The simple idea is, as much as one is able. It is impossible to make peace with all men; we can try, but sometimes it requires a people and nation to bear arms to make that peace. That is why Apostle Paul put a condition in that, and also why Lord Jesus told His disciples in Luke 22 to go buy a sword, for those who didn't have one.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What does the Bible say about How Christians are suppose to deal with difficult people?
cut 'em down with the sword, consign 'em to the flames!....What!