What Does the Owner of ChristianityBoard Believe?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

envolve

Jul 13, 2011
Does the owner of Christianityboard.com believe in premillennialism or amillennialism?

Does he believe in Calvinism or Arminianism?

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Does it matter?
There are many people on this board who have different opinions. The person who 'owns' this board does not put forth his own beliefs as if trying to indoctrinate, but as opinion. We then debate...that's what this board is for.
If you are looking for those who have the same doctrines as you as far as the millennium and also Calvinism etc goes, I'm sure there are plenty here you can talk to!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it matters.

I don't even know who the owner is. Frankly, I don't care other than to give an overdue thanks for setting up and running the web site the way he or she does. I've been to many boards I've known who the owner is, and it's rarely a good thing. I hope the owner is a fan and a participant, but whomever the owner is, they haven't come out and touted a badge. They haven't said, "I own this board and if you don't like my opinion, then you will not be here!"

I suppose I could figure out who owns the board with some digging. But I don't intend to. I looked at several boards to see where I would decide to join in the discussions based on how the board was run and also the general attitude of the board, which includes the folks posting on the board. I chose this one!

So I give the board a thumbs up, the owner a thumbs up and the folks here a thumbs up (even if I have disagreed with). As for premilleniasm, amiilleniasm and anything else, well.... Post something and if it interests me, I'll be happy to discuss it. If it interests anyone else, I'm sure they will too.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Running a forum like this could be a real nightmare. I think the owner must be pretty tolerant overall. After all he tolerates me. BTW, I have been wondering how to make donations here. Any info would be welcome.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Running a forum like this could be a real nightmare. I think the owner must be pretty tolerant overall. After all he tolerates me. BTW, I have been wondering how to make donations here. Any info would be welcome.

Yea... Good point Duckybill. I don't know if I'll be able to donate soon, nor how much. But a workman is worthy of his labor. You don't muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And yes, he has tolerated you so I think he deserves some cash for that! ;)

Don't take that last point personally.... Just having fun with you! But that is a good point about whomever owns this board deserving a donation. I've been a moderator on some sites (not religous orientated) and I know it takes time out of their lives.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
And yes, he has tolerated you so I think he deserves some cash for that! ;)

Don't take that last point personally.... Just having fun with you!
I hope that Hammerstone doesn't think I'm trying to bribe him :rolleyes:

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I hope that Hammerstone doesn't think I'm trying to bribe him :rolleyes:

Are you? In any sense.... The person who runs this website should honor our request for them to be recognized.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Just saying that I have used this board fairly regularly and feel it is only right to make a financial contribution. And that all who can afford it should do so.

ronmorgen

Apr 5, 2011
I`ll treat him as a fellow servant in Christ. He is doing a fine job.
"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field."

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you? In any sense.... The person who runs this website should honor our request for them to be recognized.

When I said "are you?" it was wasn't made to be taken seriously... I don't know why I said that.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I typically ignore these types of posts because 9/10 times (and there are some exceptions noted by 1/10 with no disrespect intended for the OP) there is an agenda behind it and usually involves letting me know how wrong I am. I think the answers to both of these shouldn't be too difficult to find on this site, but so that no accusation will stand that I'm trying to hide something:

1) I am by defintion a premillennialist. It's one of the few labels I find agreement with, but I believe that there will be a specific 1000 year period when Christ returns. I believe it is expansively spoken of in the Old Testament book of Ezekiel (chp 40, onward) and I believe it is clearly addressed in the book of Revelation.

2) I'm neither by strict definition, but I would associate myself probably much moreso with the Calvinists. You're welcome to do a search, but I can appreciate the remarks of Spurgeon that I have quoted before. The issue the Calvinists generally have with me is that I believe in the 3 earth ages and therefore that's why God has a reason to strike down the Paul's of the world. I have come to have a greater appreciation of the Calvinist (and even Reformed faith) which I agree on many issues doctrinally, such as the total depravity of man.

I hope I succintly answered your inquiry. It seems it takes an essay on either one of those topics to explain, but I dislike the labels because in the end they don't often provide true understanding of a person's doctrinal and theological standings. I do not subvert members in this community that believe otherwise, nor will I lock this place down to like-minded people only because God's a lot larger than our mistakes.

Lastly, any praise should ultimately be directed at God. I appreciate the kind words. I do not solicit donations and thus far this site has been run out of pocket with a handful of private donations from some wonderful members who love Jesus.

envolve

Jul 13, 2011
What's a 3 earth age? And what's that about Paul?

So why do you reject the God of the Bible who provides sufficient grace to us all to give us the free choice and believe in instead, total depravity, irresistible grace, limited atonement and unconditional election?

You have no faith to believe in the God who predestinates us by foreknowing our free-choice: a conditional election, unlimited atonement, resistible grace, for preservation of the saints?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Hammerstone, it was good of you to share even though you had no reason to.

Evolve, what he believes doesn't matter. Why? Because he lets free discussion take place here and rarely, if ever, interferes with it.

He does not take sides but rather allows a wide latitude in discussion.

You don't like that you are unaware of where he stands? Leave. Problem solved.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately your response, envolve, was pretty much what I anticipated. (And generally the reason why I don't reply to threads like this one.)

A link to an older study I did can be found hereon the 3 earth ages. Elsewhere you may have heard at least a portion of the theory called the "Gap Theory" although I wouldn't say everyone who believes that theory would agree with me on the rest - far from it and I do not want to lump anyone unfairly.

See, the thing is, on issues like this I leave wide latitude on a non-salvational issue because all of us (myself included) are going to be wrong on things. My belief in something is not going to be affected by John or Jane Doe's belief. There are always core fundamentals that cannot be sacrificed - a fully God and fully man Jesus; Father, Son, Holy Spirt, etc. - but on lesser issues like the creation details what's the point? If one has faith that God used evolution to bring about the world or that God created the world in 7 days - is the focus really how God created it or should not the focus be rightly upon God first...

As far as your accusations of "reject[ing] the God of the Bible" and "no faith to believe in God" - I will simply respond by stating that I will let this site - since that's your interaction with me - suffice for any explanation of my faith in God. I assure you I do not like to waste time in my life being involved both here and locally in a church if I had no faith. Perhaps you really should consider your reckless charges and devote that time to something more constructive. I've found that actually teaching people and putting the Word out there accomplishes a lot more than running around condeming others.

I assure you that an attempt to corral me into a completely hard-line-Calvinist corner will fall apart the moment I go grab one and tell him what I believe and let him witness to how close to Calvinism I stand. ;)

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
I`ll treat him as a fellow servant in Christ. He is doing a fine job. "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field."

To All,

Ron has accurately assessed the dedication and generosity of HammerStone's labors, and the evidence of his love for GOD. But if anyone should seek a dispute with those who labor, let them find guidance in Scripture:

Romans 14 -- (NKJV)
[sup]4[/sup] Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

BibleScribe

envolve

Jul 13, 2011
Unfortunately your response, envolve, was pretty much what I anticipated. (And generally the reason why I don't reply to threads like this one.)

A link to an older study I did can be found hereon the 3 earth ages. Elsewhere you may have heard at least a portion of the theory called the "Gap Theory" although I wouldn't say everyone who believes that theory would agree with me on the rest - far from it and I do not want to lump anyone unfairly.

See, the thing is, on issues like this I leave wide latitude on a non-salvational issue because all of us (myself included) are going to be wrong on things. My belief in something is not going to be affected by John or Jane Doe's belief. There are always core fundamentals that cannot be sacrificed - a fully God and fully man Jesus; Father, Son, Holy Spirt, etc. - but on lesser issues like the creation details what's the point? If one has faith that God used evolution to bring about the world or that God created the world in 7 days - is the focus really how God created it or should not the focus be rightly upon God first...

As far as your accusations of "reject[ing] the God of the Bible" and "no faith to believe in God" - I will simply respond by stating that I will let this site - since that's your interaction with me - suffice for any explanation of my faith in God. I assure you I do not like to waste time in my life being involved both here and locally in a church if I had no faith. Perhaps you really should consider your reckless charges and devote that time to something more constructive. I've found that actually teaching people and putting the Word out there accomplishes a lot more than running around condeming others.

I assure you that an attempt to corral me into a completely hard-line-Calvinist corner will fall apart the moment I go grab one and tell him what I believe and let him witness to how close to Calvinism I stand. ;)

I believe in gap restoration. it is not a theory since it is perfectly proven here, http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/moc12.htm

It is the only creation view that works because it is the only view that explains why there was sinning, animals killing animials, before the first Adamic man.

I still don't know what your 3 earth ages view is and you were unable to explain it simply. If you can't explain it simply you got a problem.

I don't believe salvation is dependent on your creation view so not sure why you said that.

And though you don't want to think of yourself as a hardline Calvinist, nonethelss you still reject God of the Bible who provides sufficient grace to us all to give us the choice and unwilling to repent to the cross as a helpless sinner to be regenerated. By erecting an idol called Tolal depravity which says you can't the stark reality is therefore, you don't.

It is better to genuinely give your life to Christ to be saved rather than assume you were irresistibly selected which is the "will worship" (Col. 2.23) of Calvinism.

To All,

Ron has accurately assessed the dedication and generosity of HammerStone's labors, and the evidence of his love for GOD. But if anyone should seek a dispute with those who labor, let them find guidance in Scripture:

Romans 14 -- (NKJV)
[sup]4[/sup] Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

BibleScribe

Who are you to assume a person is a Christian? Discern by the Holy Spirit.

The owner's comments are stated here, of course, without a simple explanation of his 3 earth ages view. What you can'[t explain simply isn't true. I knew what he believed already, it was already documented, I just wanted to get a quote to expose further.

http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/wsf2.htm

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
I still don't know what your 3 earth ages view is and you were unable to explain it simply. If you can't explain it simply you got a problem.

I don't believe salvation is dependent on your creation view so not sure why you said that

Did you click on the link Hammer gave you. The 3 World Ages post is at the bottom of the page on the link. READ IT!

If you don't understand the beginning you will never understand the end.

envolve

Jul 13, 2011

Did you click on the link Hammer gave you. The 3 World Ages post is at the bottom of the page on the link. READ IT!

If you don't understand the beginning you will never understand the end.

I am trying to get you to be personal. First in short explain it here. I have no interest in learning about it if you can't do that to be conscientious.