What Does the Owner of ChristianityBoard Believe?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

avoice

May 17, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet, somehow you feel your calling is to come to this board and criticize how it is run?

Wait a minute ... do you see the date on Toms joining this site ? There is alot of history that you do not know so do not judge what you do not know ... Tom used to Moderate this site so he does have basis for being here and having an opinion .. you dont have to agree with his opinion ... but he has a legimate right to voice it ,,,,

And that is the core of the issue IMHO.. this site isnt run at all ..Its a free for all ...

We can even have another christ being preached an antichrist ... on the announcement board for a week and half. And that was just fine with entire staff here.
Few here ever even follow the rules, they are seldom enforced ..Unless it directly against one of the staff.

No church could ever survive that wether its a literal one or a virtual one ... The fact Tom points this out to Hammerstone was not out of malice.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
You missed the very simple point, avoice.

In order for people to get on his site, HE judges whether they are worthy.

Hammerstone doesn't judge anyone. He only intervenes if they end up doing harm in his eyes.

If tomwebster has the right to run his sites as he sees fit, he should give the same to Hammerstone.

avoice

May 17, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You missed the very simple point, avoice.

In order for people to get on his site, HE judges whether they are worthy.

Hammerstone doesn't judge anyone. He only intervenes if they end up doing harm in his eyes.

If tomwebster has the right to run his sites as he sees fit, he should give the same to Hammerstone.

No you miss the point
He, God didnt choose to have things that are not his truth anywhere men choose that
Hammerstone isnt to judge people true ...
However if he was given wisdom by God to know
truth from fiction
he will be judged for knowingly allowing it to go out

you nor anyone else here will be standing there when Hammerstone is judged for his actions only he will.
So he must decide what he thinks is right ...reguradless of what any men say

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
You should just start another message board called Im-the-one-thats-really-got-it-all-figured-out.com where people are only allowed to speak if you agree with them and see how many people join...

i'll start one called shoving-your-religion-down-peoples-throats-sucks.com

hahahahahhahahhaha

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
avoice...we will all stand before God concerning the actions of the forum....because we are the ones that are really responsible for allowing the false doctrine to be played out...now I know you are wondering how..when we don't own the board or how we can stop anyone from posting...right...all we have to do is not respond...when people respond to the false teaching it just provides the poster more chances to spew their false doctrine.... after all...the church is responsible for the doctrine taught...and where two or more are gathered in His name is a church and He is there....so when the church does not respond, the person trying to teach leaves....does not work all the time..but really we are responsible for our own actions...not the moderators or the owner.....just hit your ignore button...you know the saying..."if you ignore someone long enough, maybe they will go away".....BTW...when someone opens a forum that is open to the public with the understanding they may post, even with rules and moderation....sometimes you get people that don't agree with the opinion of the owner or their rules...however for said owner to force their opinions on the posters, it stops the forum from being a place of safety to post their beliefs and opinions, a safe place for learning the truth...to becoming a place to form a cult...so accept our parts and post or not post to the false doctrine..it is entirely your choice...

avoice

May 17, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
avoice...we will all stand before God concerning the actions of the forum....because we are the ones that are really responsible for allowing the false doctrine to be played out...now I know you are wondering how..when we don't own the board or how we can stop anyone from posting...right...all we have to do is not respond...when people respond to the false teaching it just provides the poster more chances to spew their false doctrine.... after all...the church is responsible for the doctrine taught...and where two or more are gathered in His name is a church and He is there....so when the church does not respond, the person trying to teach leaves....does not work all the time..but really we are responsible for our own actions...not the moderators or the owner.....just hit your ignore button...you know the saying..."if you ignore someone long enough, maybe they will go away".....BTW...when someone opens a forum that is open to the public with the understanding they may post, even with rules and moderation....sometimes you get people that don't agree with the opinion of the owner or their rules...however for said owner to force their opinions on the posters, it stops the forum from being a place of safety to post their beliefs and opinions, a safe place for learning the truth...to becoming a place to form a cult...so accept our parts and post or not post to the false doctrine..it is entirely your choice...

Thats true to a point Shep I get what you mean and no one I read here including myself
is advocating everyone must agree with the owner 100%
however when you run any business or group website or whatever ..
The leader lays out parameters.. so any member can decide if they want to be a part of that group ..

When a leader doesnt lead by enforcing those parameters its chaos. and everyone suffers.

This site is advertised as a bible study site ..it used to be ..it no longer is
So when one comes here ..or as Tom or Tim has been here and he brings up the fact its not as advertised
that falls on the leader ...and he has a right to bring up the issue .

If one claims its a christian site and allows teachings of other Christs or that Christ isn't god ect.
its no longer a Christian site

If one is going to post rules everyone should expect they are going to be enforced .
if they are not the only people who suffer are those that do follow the rules.

If the leader doesnt make his site what he says it is then he is responsible.
Of course your never going to please everyone ... But decide what your going to be a be that
then everyone gets what they expect ....

This being a Christian site the leader must decide what that means to him what does he want to be responsible for
If it means no leader ship no rules and free for all then say it. Then it is what is ..
but dont claim to be one thing and be another. Then wonder why you have problems and conflict.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
No you miss the point
He, God didnt choose to have things that are not his truth anywhere men choose that
truth from fiction

you nor anyone else here will be standing there when Hammerstone is judged for his actions only he will.

You seem to know a lot about CB for being a new member.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
You seem to know a lot about CB for being a new member.

So what is your point, jf? Have you ever stopped to notice how many guests are on this board at any one time of the day? The record is 452 online at one time. Some of them, maybe 10 to 20, would have been members; the rest would have been guests. Right now, as I write this post there are 70 guests reading the forum. I read this forum for several months before I joined, and I have talked with people that came on as guests for several years before they joined.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
No you miss the point
truth from fiction

I've really got to step in here, --

Each of you may have his or her opinion as to what you may or may not think. And opinions are wonderful things, provided they have a foundation. Unfortunately most opinions are the expressions of our human nature, and are thereby merely a reflection of our own sin nature. However, Scripture is a foundation upon which those frailties do not infringe. As such I would most strongly advise that any posts in this Forum be vetted against that foundation, typical of the following:

1 Cor 14:26 - 29
[sup]26[/sup]What then, brothers? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for building up. [sup]27[/sup]If any speak in a tongue, let there be only two or at most three, and each in turn, and let someone interpret. [sup]28[/sup]But if there is no one to interpret, let each of them keep silent in church and speak to himself and to God. [sup]29[/sup]Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others weigh what is said.

Secondly, the recommendation still stands for anyone who has a complaint against a Servant of the Most High:

Romans 14 -- (NKJV)
[sup]4[/sup] Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

Unfortunately, it appears that some so called "christians" do not act as their namesake has instructed.

BibleScribe

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
No you miss the point
truth from fiction

-- Avoice, I have now lifted up my feet of the floor.
You want to try shoveling that again for me?

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
-- Avoice, I have now lifted up my feet of the floor.
You want to try shoveling that again for me?

I think you ought to show more respect to the lady. She has some good points and wasn't born yesterday. You are not here as long as many of us were and do not know the history of this forum.