• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about the guy that saw that he was a Lost Sinner and ASKED to be Saved.....The Bible GUARANTEES That That man WILL be Saved.
YES! ...if he keeps believing.
You can't just decide you're going to ignore the full counsel of the word of God!

"2By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain." 1 Corinthians 15:2

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“ Anybody that ASKS to be Saved WILL BE Saved”—— If a man sincerely turns to God to be Saved, I don’t care what that man does or doesn’t do—- God has to see to it that he gets Saved—- or God is a Liar.......and that ain’t likely.
No, God is not a liar if a man asks to be saved but is not saved when Jesus comes back, because the promise is to believing people, not ex-believing people, or people who never believed. You have to fulfill the condition for salvation and to never be condemned, and that condition is continued, present tense believing. You keep leaving that part of the promise out!!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, God is not a liar if a man asks to be saved but is not saved when Jesus comes back, because the promise is to believing people, not ex-believing people, or people who never believed. You have to fulfill the condition for salvation and to never be condemned, and that condition is continued, present tense believing. You keep leaving that part of the promise out!!

.....and you keep ADDING words and Conditions that do not exist....in Romans 10:13, WHERE are all of these “ Conditions” that you keep trotting out....it is an UNCONDITIONAL Promise Of God......The only “ Condition” is THIS—-* A S K * !!!!

If there is something further that “must” be done , or if there is something further that must “ not” be done.....the Onus is upon God and NOT us! Who made the Promise? It wasn’t us—— it was HIM! We “ ask”——He “ Saves”...... the monkey is on HIS back and not on ours .....

All these “ ifs” you keep bring up ? It’s up to God to see that those “ ifs” are taken care of.....

You read into the verse what you “ want “ to be there —— it just ain’t there....prove me wrong.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.....and you keep ADDING words and Conditions that do not exist....in Romans 10:13, WHERE are all of these “ Conditions” that you keep trotting out....it is an UNCONDITIONAL Promise Of God......The only “ Condition” is THIS—-* A S K * !!!!
I told you where they are! They are in the WHOLE counsel of God's word. You keep ignoring that additional counsel and un-rightly dividing scripture from scripture.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If there is something further that “must” be done , or if there is something further that must “ not” be done.....the Onus is upon God and NOT us! Who made the Promise? It wasn’t us—— it was HIM! We “ ask”——He “ Saves”...... the monkey is on HIS back and not on ours .
Like I said, you'd be better off going back to the original OSAS teaching. It says that, by God's grace, the true believer will always do the believing necessary to be saved when Jesus comes back. See, you can't have it both ways: If you want to insist that a believer doesn't have to have the word by which he was saved remaining in him in order to remain in Christ, then you can't at the same time insist that God provides the continued believing he requires for a person to be saved. Understand?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All these “ ifs” you keep bring up ? It’s up to God to see that those “ ifs” are taken care of.
Fine. But why do you then say it's possible for a person to not have the continued believing that God says is required to be saved at the same time you say God will make sure to provide the continued believing that is required to be saved? You're being contradictory. That's why I say you're better off just going back to the original OSAS teaching that affirmed the scriptural truth that you are saved if you continue to believe. That original OSAS teaching says that you were never really saved if you don't continue to believe.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You read into the verse what you “ want “ to be there —— it just ain’t there....prove me wrong.
I've posted the scriptures that prove you wrong so many times I've lost count, lol. Only people who continue to believe are saved. Do I have to show you that from scripture again!?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've posted the scriptures that prove you wrong so many times I've lost count, lol. Only people who continue to believe are saved. Do I have to show you that from scripture again!?

No....I would have to correct you yet again, and I’m down to my last barrel of Computer Ink....here in Ohio the prices of that ink are rising steeper than gasoline!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No....I would have to correct you yet again, and I’m down to my last barrel of Computer Ink....here in Ohio the prices of that ink are rising steeper than gasoline!
Yeah, I know. Computer ink isn't much cheaper here, either. But I'll make it easy for you. In the passage below, what is the condition for remaining in the Son, the Father, and the promise of eternal life?
'
"24As for you, let what you have heard from the beginning remain in you. If it does, you will also remain in the Son and in the Father. 25And this is the promise that He Himself made to us: eternal life." 1 John 2:24-25

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all owe a debt to Luther— he resuscitated the Lost Message Of Paul .....” Justification by Faith”..... At many times in his life, Luther was an utter fool— he was All for tormenting Jews by burning down their houses, etc.....I don’t worship the man...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The only thing that counts is faith..."
What kind of faith?

"...faith expressing itself through love." Galatians 5:6

This Sounds as if one who obeys the only two Commandments that Jesus left us with— “ BELIEVE and LOVE” has all of this James Stuff taken care of....
Wanna show your “ work?” Show the only “ Work” That, as Paul Said here and you quoted....”the only ‘ work’ that Counts for anything— Love!
Obey that First Command Of Jesus, which is to BELIEVE, and the second one will take care of itself....This “ work” of LOVE should satisfy James....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here it is:

"...we are His house, if we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope of which we boast." Hebrews 3:6
If you do not have faith you are not "His house". Only those who are in the house, and stay in the house are protected from the destroying angel. I know you subscribe to a theology that says this is not true. But you are the one who does not have scripture to back up your belief that the author of Hebrews is wrong.

The Author is not wrong, but your interpretation is....Your “take” is this—- Salvation is conditioned upon Enduring and if you don’t Endure to the end, you are Lost....

If our Salvation depends on our Endurance, it contradicts the many, many Promises given to us from God in regard to our Eternal Security....The Bible assures us that the only thing that saves a person is His Grace —- NOT “ Endurance” .....Where does the Bible say “ By Endurance you are Saved, Through Faith , lest any man should boast?”......If Endurance Saves, God mist have lied to us about Grace....and that ain’t gonna happen...

The underlying problem is the word “ IF”.....
When Satan asked Jesus “ IF” He was the Son Of God He was not indicating that he didn’t know who Jesus was....The Greek Word That is translated “ IF “ also means, “ SINCE” and “ that” interpretation actually falls into line with the Rest Of Scripture....Scripture that does not inspire fear and concern, but Scrioture that backs up what Paul said elsewhere—- “ The Holy Spirit is SEALED inside of us and is a down payment that GUARANTEES our Salvation”......Col.1:13

Reactions: Carl Emerson

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has nothing to do with walking out of his hand of your own volition.

You are preaching to the choir ....read my post again.....

Every time I Prove the Validity of OSAS by mentioning the fact that Nothing can take you from the grip of God , ( and that “ Nothing” would include yourself) some confused Joker ALWAYS comes along and says , “ Yeah Nothing can TAKE you from that Grip, but YOU can “ Take Yourself” away from it...” ....that’s what I was trying to address here....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read your own words! That promise is for believing people, not people who never believed or who have stopped believing. Why do you keep choosing to ignore this scriptural fact?

And why can’t YOU understand what “ ALREADY HAS” means? If you believe for just a fraction of a second , you * ALREADY HAVE” Eternal Life.....
He doesn’t say if you Believe and continue to Believe , * THEN* you will “ have it” at some later date....He says that you HAVE IT “ NOW!” .....you have it ALREADY!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And why can’t YOU understand what “ ALREADY HAS” means? If you believe for just a fraction of a second , you * ALREADY HAVE” Eternal Life.....
He doesn’t say if you Believe and continue to Believe , * THEN* you will “ have it” at some later date....He says that you HAVE IT “ NOW!” .....you have it ALREADY!
John 5:24 makes it clear that the believing person has eternal life right now. I have affirmed this truth over and over again. Why are you addressing me with this? Did you forget that I agree that the believing person has eternal life right now?

"24Truly, truly, I tell you, whoever hears My word and believes Him who sent Me has eternal life and will not come under judgment. Indeed, he has crossed over from death to life." John 5:24
The believing person has eternal life and will not come under judgment and has crossed from death to life.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Author is not wrong, but your interpretation is....Your “take” is this—- Salvation is conditioned upon Enduring and if you don’t Endure to the end, you are Lost.
Continuing in your salvation is conditioned upon enduring and if you don't endure to the end, you will be lost.

Even the original OSAS taught that you must endure to the end to be saved when Jesus comes back. It's just that it taught that all true believers would do that, and if you didn't, you were never a true believer to begin with. Like I say, you'd be better off going back to that version of OSAS and lose this ridiculous version of OSAS you have that says ex-believers are saved, too.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This Sounds as if one who obeys the only two Commandments that Jesus left us with— “ BELIEVE and LOVE” has all of this James Stuff taken care of.
That is right. James and Paul are in perfect agreement about this: A man is justified by both faith and works. Paul does not teach that all you have to have is dead faith (faith with no works) at the Judgment and you'll pass through safely. He says the faith that makes you righteous all by itself without works is the faith that works. He completely debunks any Freegrace argument that somehow the person with dead faith has real faith and will go to the right and into the kingdom at the final judgment. If that person had real faith they'd have the works to show for it. That's why Jesus can and will judge mankind according to their deeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.