What is God's "Plan" For You?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia
A Discussion.
A friendly Note
I'm interested in having a Bible discussion on the topic of this thread.
What that means, is, the Bible must be used, but not just quoting or referencing without explaining or commenting on the text.
This is important, because the text may be understood differently by the other person, and would mean nothing without an explanation, from the one posting the text.
However, it is also acceptable to post the text, and ask what the text is saying to the receiver.
I find this method quite useful... I use it all the time, because it lets the text speak for you, but allows for response.
It's also acceptable to let someone know when they have stated a belief which is not in harmony with scripture. That way, we can discuss the scripture.
Additionally... Please do not post a link to a webpage with hundreds of words to read.

I hope this can be a peaceable discussion, without bringing up the other person's religion as the problem, accusing the person of being blind, unintelligent, or other.
I will try my very best not to even hint that.
That can probably be hard for all of us, but let's try.

Please, take part only if you are interested in a discussion. If your purpose is to preach at the person and tell them that they need to accept Jesus Christ, and repent, and pray for holy spirit, and read the Bible, and... then please do not post in this thread. Thank you :)

Sounds fun, I think. ;)
I was asked by @Pearl why I said I am not born again. Thank you for asking Pearl.
I promised to answer that question, and I want to do that in this thread.
The reason has to do with God's purpose (or plan).

I'll give a brief answer in the OP.
Since God's purpose is to have a family of spirit creatures, living with him in heaven, and earthly creatures living on the earth, which he created for them (Isaiah 45:18), not every faithful, and righteous individual will live in heaven. In fact persons only go to heaven because of a specific purpose, related to God's original purpose.
In that case, not everone is annointed by holy spirit - that is, adopted as sons, to have citizenship in heaven.
Since I am not one that is chosen as an adopted son to live in heaven, I would not be born of holy spirit.
I however have done what Jesus required of those who become disciples of his (Matthew 28:19) - I have gotten baptized in water.
Having God's approval, I hope to live on earth, when it is restored to a paradise, under God's kingdom.

To help you understand more, and what scriptures I use for this explanation, I have created a blog, with three parts. Reading them may help answer some questions you may have, and we can discuss, from scripture, what God's plan is for you. I am more thinking of an end goal, and the process leading to that goal.

@Ziggy this is my response to your post.
What are they born for, or as? Why? The answer is in the blog posts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robert Gwin

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is God's plan for us?

Since Adam's sin, God's plan is to separate the sheep from the goats and provide the power to do so. Revelation 22:11.

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia
What is God's plan for us?

Since Adam's sin, God's plan is to separate the sheep from the goats and provide the power to do so. Revelation 22:11.
Thanks. I should have been more specific. A plan may have specific steps, but those steps lead to the plan. I really had in mind his overall overall goal, so let me add that to the OP. and also change the title to What is God's plan for you?

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks. I should have been more specific. A plan may have specific steps, but those steps lead to the plan. I really had in mind his overall overall goal, so let me add that to the OP. and also change the title to What is God's plan for you?

To be holy.

1 Peter 1:
15 but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 John 3:2

Beloved, we are God's children now; what we shall be has not yet been revealed. We do know that when it is revealed we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

2Cor 3:18

All of us, gazing with unveiled face on the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, as from the Lord who is the Spirit.

1cor 15:53-55

For that which is corruptible must clothe itself with incorruptibility, and that which is mortal must clothe itself with immortality.

And when this which is corruptible clothes itself with incorruptibility and this which is mortal clothes itself with immortality, then the word that is written shall come about: "Death is swallowed up in victory.

Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia
To be holy.

1 Peter 1:
15 but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”
Reading this text, it says... "...you also be holy in all your conduct... “Be holy, for I am holy.”
I think that's similar to other commands, such as "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind." Matthew 22:37 and things like these... things required of us in order to fit into his plan.
However, you see God's plan for you is that you be holy. Okay.

I like the thoughts expressed in scriptures such as John 3:16, John 3:36, John 17:3, Jude 21, 1 John 1:2, 1 John 2:17, 1 John 2:25, 1 John 3:15, 1 John 4:9, 1 John 5:11-13, Titus 1:2, Titus 3:5, and many others, which to me highlights the purpose God wants for all his creatures - to enjoy not just life, but the real life - everlasting life. 1 Timothy 6:19

This thought takes my mind back to when God created the first couple. He told Adam that if he disobeyed the simple command not to eat from that one tree, he would die.
So it seems life is what God wants for us - Deuteronomy 30:19, and to posses it, we must carry out what he requires... including becoming holy, as you mentioned.

It seems God really wants us to live as long as he does, and be one family with him. Life is truly a gift from God.
I can only imagine the fringes of living eternally under God, but when I think of living forever in paradise, I really thank God for the sacrifice of his son, which makes this possible, because I imagine what it would have been like, when Adam lived with all those peaceful animals, and how beautiful his wife must have been! I just imagine perfection... far different to what we know now... which is the opposite.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Beloved, we are God's children now; what we shall be has not yet been revealed. We do know that when it is revealed we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

All of us, gazing with unveiled face on the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, as from the Lord who is the Spirit.

For that which is corruptible must clothe itself with incorruptibility, and that which is mortal must clothe itself with immortality.

And when this which is corruptible clothes itself with incorruptibility and this which is mortal clothes itself with immortality, then the word that is written shall come about: "Death is swallowed up in victory.

Oops, my bad, cut off my explanation..

In short, Theosis (Eastern Christian theology) - Wikipedia

Peace be with you!

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia

Many persons do quote Paul's words as applying to everyone, but would you consider that as not being the case?
For example, at Romans 8, Paul speaks of all creation groaning and being in pain. He said the creation was waiting for the revealing of the sons of God, and then Paul says, "and not only so, but ourselves also, who have the first-fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for our adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body." Romans 8:18-23

So since all creation does not refer to those who have the first-fruits of the Spirit - the adopted ones who will be released from the body, who would they be?
Those would be individuals who would not be transformed into the same image as the Christ. They would not be immortal, but would live forever, because they obeyed God... like Adam and Eve would have, if they had obeyed.

Proverbs 2
21 For the upright shall dwell in the land, and the perfect shall remain in it.
22 But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it.

Psalms 37
9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.
10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Revelation 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia
Oops, my bad, cut off my explanation..

In short, Theosis (Eastern Christian theology) - Wikipedia

Peace be with you!
I was wondering about that. :) I responded, though.
Can I ask... it's a small thing. Posting a whole webpage for someone to read is not very different from posting scriptures with no explanation.
It could be worst though, since I don't know what exactly to look for.
Pehaps take out the phrase you want, and post it in the thread... with the link of course.
I'd better add that to the Note. :eek::D

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is God's plan for me?

Ultimately to be like him.

Gen 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Luk 6:40 The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

Luk 8:11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
Luk 8:15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

I believe God wants us to be the trees in the garden that brings forth good fruit.
And God saw everything that he had made and it was very good.
And in the midst of the garden is the tree of life.
And God's plan for me is to become a tree that bares good fruit.

It's not complicated. At least it's not for me.
Thank you for inviting me.
Hugs

Reactions: Lambano

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I don't think God has a plan for us as individuals except for those closely linked to the fulfillment of his purpose.
Certain individuals have been predestined for a specific role, but by and large God's "plan" involves the human race as a whole. We choose our destination by which road we travel...(Matthew 7:13-14) and whether or not we are "doing the will of the Father" (Matthew 7:21-23) when Jesus brings the world to an accounting.

All are given equal opportunity to hear Christ's message and respond as our hearts impel us.
Jesus' command just before his ascension to heaven was....
"Go, therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to follow all that I commanded you; and behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20)

His disciples have been preaching about his kingdom all during this "time of the end", as Jesus foretold. (Matthew 24:14) Daniel's prophesies said that God was going to clean up his worship and prepare a people to do his will before these last troubled days come to their finish. (Daniel 12:4, 9-10) It will culminate in the establishment of God's Kingdom over this earth and the reinstatement of God's original purpose for mankind and the earth itself....a time of restoration is coming....
clap
Earth's rulership will be in the hands of Jesus Christ and those chosen by God to assist him. (Revelation 20:6)

I too have undergone Christian baptism and now look forward to living in the restored paradise conditions on earth, either by surviving the end of the present world system, or as a resurrected one who is promised a return to life in paradise by Jesus himself. (John 5:28-29).

It doesn't matter how I get there as long as I have served the interests of my God faithfully during my lifetime. I have been serving in the company of a loving brotherhood, who all look forward to that wonderful promise of everlasting life on a paradise earth.....(Revelation 21:2-4)
ok

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was wondering about that. :) I responded, though.
Can I ask... it's a small thing. Posting a whole webpage for someone to read is not very different from posting scriptures with no explanation.
It could be worst though, since I don't know what exactly to look for.
Pehaps take out the phrase you want, and post it in the thread... with the link of course.
I'd better add that to the Note. :eek::D

HI John,

"Theosis (Greek: θέωσις), or deification (deification may also refer to apotheosis, lit. "making divine"), is a transformative process whose aim is likeness to or union with God"

God's plan for us? To unite us with Himself and transform us into His perfect image and likeness..

Many persons do quote Paul's words as applying to everyone, but would you consider that as not being the case?
For example, at Romans 8, Paul speaks of all creation groaning and being in pain. He said the creation was waiting for the revealing of the sons of God, and then Paul says, "and not only so, but ourselves also, who have the first-fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for our adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body." Romans 8:18-23

Another good passage, the ressurection of the body is a fundamental tenet of the Christian faith. It is not just our soul but our entire being including our body that is redeemed and will be transformed into the likeness of the ressurected Christ.

And yes I believe this applies to everyone except those who may willfully and knowingly reject it. As for what happens after that (is there 'after' in eternity?) I don't know as that has been revealed, but surely it will be glorious!

Peace be with you!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading this text, it says... "...you also be holy in all your conduct... “Be holy, for I am holy.”
I think that's similar to other commands, such as "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind." Matthew 22:37 and things like these... things required of us in order to fit into his plan.
However, you see God's plan for you is that you be holy. Okay.

I like the thoughts expressed in scriptures such as John 3:16, John 3:36, John 17:3, Jude 21, 1 John 1:2, 1 John 2:17, 1 John 2:25, 1 John 3:15, 1 John 4:9, 1 John 5:11-13, Titus 1:2, Titus 3:5, and many others, which to me highlights the purpose God wants for all his creatures - to enjoy not just life, but the real life - everlasting life. 1 Timothy 6:19

This thought takes my mind back to when God created the first couple. He told Adam that if he disobeyed the simple command not to eat from that one tree, he would die.
So it seems life is what God wants for us - Deuteronomy 30:19, and to posses it, we must carry out what he requires... including becoming holy, as you mentioned.

It seems God really wants us to live as long as he does, and be one family with him. Life is truly a gift from God.
I can only imagine the fringes of living eternally under God, but when I think of living forever in paradise, I really thank God for the sacrifice of his son, which makes this possible, because I imagine what it would have been like, when Adam lived with all those peaceful animals, and how beautiful his wife must have been! I just imagine perfection... far different to what we know now... which is the opposite.

What do you think?

Yes, death came upon the whole world through Adam's one willful sin.

When we are born again (our nature called the old man is crucified Romans 6:6-7), and our new nature is raised by Christ's resurrection power, our inside nature is in the Spirit and becomes immortal taking on eternal LIFE according to all your scriptures. But the one thing that is not immortal yet is our outside body. It must someday also die and put on immortality (a new body).

Romans 8:9-10
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin (Adam's), but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Sin is committed from the inside, and because we are born again with a new nature, we cannot sin. 1 John 3:9. Our body is controlled by our nature so there is no sin in the body that continues to die everyday until we physically die. However, we still maintain our free will that Adam was created with, therefore we must keep ourselves from willful sin, and obey God. 1 John 5:18.

Reactions: Ziggy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is God's "Plan" For You?
hmmmm, I wondered that too.....so I bought a motorcycle!

Reactions: Lambano

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia

Ultimately to be like him.

Gen 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Luk 6:40 The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

Luk 8:11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
Luk 8:15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

I believe God wants us to be the trees in the garden that brings forth good fruit.
And God saw everything that he had made and it was very good.
And in the midst of the garden is the tree of life.
And God's plan for me is to become a tree that bares good fruit.

It's not complicated. At least it's not for me.
Thank you for inviting me.
Hugs
God certainly wants us to be like him, as @1stCenturyLady said, holy, and certainly there are steps we need to take in that direction.
Would you agree those steps depend on us and the choices we make?

Reactions: Ziggy

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia

I don't think God has a plan for us as individuals except for those closely linked to the fulfillment of his purpose.
Certain individuals have been predestined for a specific role, but by and large God's "plan" involves the human race as a whole. We choose our destination by which road we travel...(Matthew 7:13-14) and whether or not we are "doing the will of the Father" (Matthew 7:21-23) when Jesus brings the world to an accounting.

All are given equal opportunity to hear Christ's message and respond as our hearts impel us.
Jesus' command just before his ascension to heaven was....
"Go, therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to follow all that I commanded you; and behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20)

His disciples have been preaching about his kingdom all during this "time of the end", as Jesus foretold. (Matthew 24:14) Daniel's prophesies said that God was going to clean up his worship and prepare a people to do his will before these last troubled days come to their finish. (Daniel 12:4, 9-10) It will culminate in the establishment of God's Kingdom over this earth and the reinstatement of God's original purpose for mankind and the earth itself....a time of restoration is coming....
clap
Earth's rulership will be in the hands of Jesus Christ and those chosen by God to assist him. (Revelation 20:6)

I too have undergone Christian baptism and now look forward to living in the restored paradise conditions on earth, either by surviving the end of the present world system, or as a resurrected one who is promised a return to life in paradise by Jesus himself. (John 5:28-29).

It doesn't matter how I get there as long as I have served the interests of my God faithfully during my lifetime. I have been serving in the company of a loving brotherhood, who all look forward to that wonderful promise of everlasting life on a paradise earth.....(Revelation 21:2-4)
ok
Thanks J.
Would you say God's will and purpose is for you to be among all those he wants in his united family?

Edit
Thinking on what you said, I understand that you are saying that individually we can fit into God's purpose, but it's up to us.
And we know that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

In other words, God has a purpose for all who love him.
Hope that's close enough to your thoughts. :)

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God certainly wants us to be like him, as @1stCenturyLady said, holy, and certainly there are steps we need to take in that direction.
Would you agree those steps depend on us and the choices we make?
I believe it's a joint effort. The Lord has to do the work in me, and I have to be a willing recipient and allow him to do the work that's needed.
:D
Hugs

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia
HI John,

"Theosis (Greek: θέωσις), or deification (deification may also refer to apotheosis, lit. "making divine"), is a transformative process whose aim is likeness to or union with God"

God's plan for us? To unite us with Himself and transform us into His perfect image and likeness..
Thanks. That's so much better. :D
Yes. Adam did separate us from God, by sin, but God has made it possible to be united with him once again.
Just to be sure I understand you... when you say "transform us into His perfect image and likeness", do you mean to be like him in his perfect ways - his attributes?

Another good passage, the ressurection of the body is a fundamental tenet of the Christian faith. It is not just our soul but our entire being including our body that is redeemed and will be transformed into the likeness of the ressurected Christ.
Can you explain, what you mean by resurrection of the body? I don't want to misunderstand.
Do you mean our old body will return?

And yes I believe this applies to everyone except those who may willfully and knowingly reject it. As for what happens after that (is there 'after' in eternity?) I don't know as that has been revealed, but surely it will be glorious!

Peace be with you!
Why do you believe that people living on the earth will God him as he is?

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia
Yes, death came upon the whole world through Adam's one willful sin.

When we are born again (our nature called the old man is crucified Romans 6:6-7), and our new nature is raised by Christ's resurrection power, our inside nature is in the Spirit and becomes immortal taking on eternal LIFE according to all your scriptures. But the one thing that is not immortal yet is our outside body. It must someday also die and put on immortality (a new body).
Interesting idea 1stCenturyLady.
If it were actually written, I would accept that it's Biblical?
I'm just saying that I have not read that explanation in scripture, but it's your understanding.

To be sure, let me ask, if our inside nature is immortal, what happens if we turn away from God, which Paul says can happen, and did happen, for some annointed ones?

Romans 8:9-10
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin (Adam's), but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Sin is committed from the inside, and because we are born again with a new nature, we cannot sin. 1 John 3:9. Our body is controlled by our nature so there is no sin in the body that continues to die everyday until we physically die. However, we still maintain our free will that Adam was created with, therefore we must keep ourselves from willful sin, and obey God. 1 John 5:18.
I observe that the scriptures reveal that the body of Christ is not anyone who would profess to be Christian, or following Christ.

If you read my blog, which extensively use scripture, you would see that according to rhe scriptures, the body of Christ is a little flock, although Christ has other sheep.
So, much of what the first century followers said, apply only to that little flock.

People tend to say "us", as thought what the apostles said, apply to them, but looking at the scriptures in their entirety, God's purpose to adopt sons to himself does not include every faithful follower of Christ.
Ephesians 1
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. 4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5 he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace 8 that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, 9 he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, 10 to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.
11 In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, 12 in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. 13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.
22 And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.

In my experience, most professing Christianity, do not seem to consider that many faithful ones who died before Christ, are not even included among those God foreordained to this hope.
What then about them? Even John the Baptist was not included. John 11:11
The scripture tell us that all creation will be blessed through the sons of God (Romans 8:19-23). This will fulfill God's promise to Abraham (Genesis 22:18), which was not annulled (Galatians 3:17).
This would be many people of the nations, as well as many Jews both of the present, and the past... including men like Jonah, Job, David, Daniel, Esther...

Galatians 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all the nations be blessed.
Every faithful servant of God is not the seed of Abraham, but all the nations will be blessed by means of Abraham's seed.