What is the fig tree?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Im not sure about that. I think it’s prudent to be careful not to assume every mention of a fig tree to be national Israel. Otherwise, do we use that same logic with Mark 11:13-14 where Christ tells his disciples let no fruit grow on this fig tree forever? If so, and if Israel is the fig tree..they will never ever bear fruit. This is why I prefer the context and we ought to be carefully diligent in study not to apply 1 meaning to all meanings.

I am not sure that the Mark 11:13-14 or the Matthew 21:18 states what you are saying. It is recorded in Scripture that Israel is saved and if they are save then they also will produce fruit which can/will be seen by all. The Saints produce fruit because we are in Christ. In our near future, Israel will repent of their iniquities of idolatrous worship and God will Heal them as He draws them to Himself and He will plant them in the fertile field of Christ to nourish them in the religion of Christ out of which will flow the fruit of their being in Christ, just like the Gentiles do.

It seems to me that you are being very one eyed.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What God told Abraham was much more simple that what you said, which sounded like some pretentious sage trying to present a false mystery. God told Abraham that the children of Israel will serve in Egypt for 430 years, and then be led out, and come to the lands of Canaan, that because the iniquity of the Amorites was then not yet full, meaning what? It means God would wait 430 years from that time of the Promise to Abraham to destroy the Amorites because of their iniquity. And God would use the children of Israel to accomplish that destruction of the Amorites we know per Deuteronomy 20.

The 1948 return of 'some' of the Jews to the holy land in the middle east had nothing to do with God's promise to Abraham involving the 430 years. Prior to 1948, even back to the 7th century A.D., there actually were many Jews that returned to the holy land from old Europe, because of being cast out by the Christian nations for refusing to convert to Christianity. And those Jews that went back to the holy land actually lived in peace with the Arabs in that time prior to 1948. So there is no way to apply any "fourth age" idea to that time of 1948, which is actually 'weird' to think you can.

What is weird is that you take three separate distinct prophetic words given to Abraham and set out to combine the first prophetic word with the third prophetic word.

Genesis 15:13-14 deals with God bringing the Israelites out of Egypt after being oppressed for 400 years: -

Genesis 15:13-14: - 13 Then He said to Abram: "Know certainly that your descendants will be strangers in a land that is not theirs, and will serve them, and they will afflict them four hundred years. 14 And also the nation whom they serve I will judge; afterward they shall come out with great possessions."​

The God gives a personal prophecy to Abraham where He said to Abraham: -

Genesis 15:15: - 15 "Now as for you, you shall go to your fathers in peace; you shall be buried at a good old age."​

The God gives Abraham assurance that some of his descendants will return to the Land of Canaan during the fourth age where God said the following: -

Genesis 15:16: - 16 But in the fourth generation/Age they shall return here, for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet complete."​

where "wə·ḏō·wr" is better understood to be an "Age," i.e. a little longer than 1,000 years.

upload_2022-2-2_8-2-44.png

God in His covenant promises made to Jacob promised that even though He will cause Jacob descendants to be scattered to the four corners of the earth, that He would also gather them to Himself at the appointed time.

Genesis 28:13-15: - 13 And behold, the Lord stood above it and said: "I am the Lord God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac; the land on which you lie I will give to you and your descendants. 14 Also your descendants shall be as the dust of the earth; you shall spread abroad to the west and the east, to the north and the south; and in you and in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed. 15 Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land/fertile soil; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have spoken to you."

Davy, it is only after 1948 AD that we are able to see that the previous understanding that you quoted was a load of bumkin/rubbish that the scholars produced in order to make some sense of Genesis 15:16 which was referencing a future distant time which was outside of their ability to comprehend. It was also outside of our recent scholars alibility to also comprehend.

Davy, you are right in saying that the explanation that you provided was given by a "pretentious sage trying to present a false mystery."

Oh well so be it.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"11th centaury"??? You mean the 11th century B.C. I presume? Isaac was born in the Biblical year 1896, meaning 1,896 years prior to Christ (using Bullinger's Bible chronology). So your 11th century idea doesn't make sense at all.

Ah Davy, it seems that your understanding of the Parable of the barren fig tree is some what lacking and as such to help you and other to understand the timeframe of this parable that Christ told, I have gone and corrected my omission by adding A.D. to the 11 centaury so that the meaning of the Parable would be clearer for you to understand. Oh well, we all have our blind spots.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is weird is that you take three separate distinct prophetic words given to Abraham and set out to combine the first prophetic word with the third prophetic word.

Genesis 15:13-14 deals with God bringing the Israelites out of Egypt after being oppressed for 400 years: -

Genesis 15:13-14: - 13 Then He said to Abram: "Know certainly that your descendants will be strangers in a land that is not theirs, and will serve them, and they will afflict them four hundred years. 14 And also the nation whom they serve I will judge; afterward they shall come out with great possessions."​

The God gives a personal prophecy to Abraham where He said to Abraham: -

Genesis 15:15: - 15 "Now as for you, you shall go to your fathers in peace; you shall be buried at a good old age."​

The God gives Abraham assurance that some of his descendants will return to the Land of Canaan during the fourth age where God said the following: -

Genesis 15:16: - 16 But in the fourth generation/Age they shall return here, for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet complete."​

where "wə·ḏō·wr" is better understood to be an "Age," i.e. a little longer than 1,000 years.

View attachment 20403

God in His covenant promises made to Jacob promised that even though He will cause Jacob descendants to be scattered to the four corners of the earth, that He would also gather them to Himself at the appointed time.

Genesis 28:13-15: - 13 And behold, the Lord stood above it and said: "I am the Lord God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac; the land on which you lie I will give to you and your descendants. 14 Also your descendants shall be as the dust of the earth; you shall spread abroad to the west and the east, to the north and the south; and in you and in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed. 15 Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land/fertile soil; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have spoken to you."

Davy, it is only after 1948 AD that we are able to see that the previous understanding that you quoted was a load of bumkin/rubbish that the scholars produced in order to make some sense of Genesis 15:16 which was referencing a future distant time which was outside of their ability to comprehend. It was also outside of our recent scholars alibility to also comprehend.

Davy, you are right in saying that the explanation that you provided was given by a "pretentious sage trying to present a false mystery."

Oh well so be it.

You are the one that is trying to divide the ONE prophecy God gave to Abraham about the children of Israel was to be led out of captivity in Egypt four hundred years later per Genesis 15:13...

Gen 15:13-14
13 And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;
14 And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance.
KJV

That is the SAME prophecy as this...

Gen 15:16
16 But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.
KJV

But you tried to break those two verses up into TWO SEPARATE PROPHECIES!

And by doing that you completely MISSED God's Message there to Abraham about the Amorites, one of the nations of Canaan which God told the children of Israel to destroy when they came into the land of Canaan after having been led out of Egypt.

Ex 3:8
8 And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites.

KJV

That above God said to Moses. That was around the time of the completion of the four hundred years told to Abraham in Genesis 15. Apostle Paul's reference of four hundred and thirty years when God gave the Promise by Faith to Abraham, was part of the fulfillment of this generation of Moses for that was when God gave Israel the old covenant, so it is relevant to all this too.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are the one that is trying to divide the ONE prophecy God gave to Abraham about the children of Israel was to be led out of captivity in Egypt four hundred years later per Genesis 15:13...

Gen 15:13-14
13 And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;
14 And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance.
KJV

That is the SAME prophecy as this...

Gen 15:16
16 But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.
KJV

But you tried to break those two verses up into TWO SEPARATE PROPHECIES!

And by doing that you completely MISSED God's Message there to Abraham about the Amorites, one of the nations of Canaan which God told the children of Israel to destroy when they came into the land of Canaan after having been led out of Egypt.

Ex 3:8
8 And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites.

KJV

That above God said to Moses. That was around the time of the completion of the four hundred years told to Abraham in Genesis 15. Apostle Paul's reference of four hundred and thirty years when God gave the Promise by Faith to Abraham, was part of the fulfillment of this generation of Moses for that was when God gave Israel the old covenant, so it is relevant to all this too.

Davy, please learn. In 15:13-14 God is active in the bringing out of Israel from Egypt. In 15:16, God gives no indication that he will be involved in any way with Abraham's descendants when they return to the Land of Canaan 4,000 years after Isaac was born.

The Genesis 28:15 verse is very similar to the Genesis 15:16 in that they both speak of Israel being gathered back to God. The Genesis 28:15 prophecy is very similar to the Ezekiel 34:11-16 where God promises to plant them in their own fertile field to be nourished and will teach them on the Religion of Israel.

Davy, I am not the one who has Genesis 15:16 wrong. Sadly it was the ancient sages who could not comprehend the 4000 year time span for the prophecy to be fulfilled. I to have Prophecy explain books that present the flawed understanding that you are repeating with regards to Genesis 15:16. Exodus 20:4-6 tells us that Israel cannot be redeemed until the full visitation of the iniquities of the fathers in the first and second age is visited upon the father's children and the children's children during the third and the fourth age. The 1948 return of Abraham's descendants to the Land of Canaan occurred during the time that Israel was searching for a connection with God on their terms as some of Israel's descendants have to be in Jerusalem to see the judgement of the nations at Armageddon for what the nations did to the Israelites over the last two ages. during the period of time that they have been scattered to the four corners of the earth. As Christ tells us in Luke 14:31-32 Israel will come to understand that they cannot defeat the king leading the heavenly Army that is judging the kings of the earth at Armageddon and they will at that time seek Christ's terms of Peace and they will repent of their idolatrous past and God will gather them to Himself.

Davy, what I am writing is true. Your attempted rebuttals is not based on scripture and reflects the lack of the ancient sages understanding of the timeframes associated with the End Time Prophecies.

Have a good day now Davy.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Davy, please learn. In 15:13-14 God is active in the bringing out of Israel from Egypt. In 15:16, God gives no indication that he will be involved in any way with Abraham's descendants when they return to the Land of Canaan 4,000 years after Isaac was born.

Nope, that is where your presenting weirdness. The four generations is the 'same' four hundred years God told Abraham about. And that was the period from the days of Abraham to the time when God promised to bring the children of Israel out of their Egypt captivity, and bring them into the lands of Canaan. Genesis 15:13 and Genesis 15:16 are both about the SAME timing, not 4,000 years later. This is why in Genesis 15:16 God mentions to Abraham that the iniquity of the Amorites was not yet full, which proves that four generations is the four hundred years of Genesis 15:13.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nope, that is where your presenting weirdness. The four generations is the 'same' four hundred years God told Abraham about. And that was the period from the days of Abraham to the time when God promised to bring the children of Israel out of their Egypt captivity, and bring them into the lands of Canaan. Genesis 15:13 and Genesis 15:16 are both about the SAME timing, not 4,000 years later. This is why in Genesis 15:16 God mentions to Abraham that the iniquity of the Amorites was not yet full, which proves that four generations is the four hundred years of Genesis 15:13.

Okay, let us consider who the Amorite people were in 1948? What was their religion in 1948?

The Amorite people group have been a people who have lived in and around the Land of Canaan since the Lord scattered the nations after stopping the building of the Tower of Babel. Back when God brought the Israelites into the Land of Canaan they were required to remove all of the other nations from the land, but because of Israel's disobedience God left the other nations among the Israelite people as a thorn for them over all of the years of Israel living in the Land of Canaan. The religion of the Amorite people in 1948 was Islam and the iniquities of the Amorite people is their belief that Jesus is not the Son of God and that we are still waiting for this iniquity to reach its climax under the influence of the Fourth Beast and the Little Horn before God judges the kings of the earth for what they have done against Israel and the Heavenly hosts who have used their influence to encourage the Islamic people to keep repeating these blasphemies until God imprisons the kings of the earth with the heavenly hosts in a pit for many days to await the time of their punishment. When will this judgement take place? In our near future at a place called Armageddon, and the Three frog like demon spirits have already gone out to the whole world to begin drawing all the kings of the earth to this place at the end of this present age.

Davy what you are repeating is the ancient disbelief of the ancient sages of Israel whose laughing matter could not grasp what God had prophesied concerning the end of the visitation of the iniquities of the fathers of the first and second age of Israel's existence upon their children and their children's children in the third and the fourth ages of their existence. The visitation of the father's iniquities will cess soon at the end of this present age. When this present age ends soon, God will once again turn His attention towards the Israelites and begin gathering them to Himself. History confirms this understanding for those who can see.

Goodbye Davy, may God continue to draw you into His Loving embrace, if you will allow Him to.

Last edited:

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure that the Mark 11:13-14 or the Matthew 21:18 states what you are saying. It is recorded in Scripture that Israel is saved and if they are save then they also will produce fruit which can/will be seen by all. The Saints produce fruit because we are in Christ. In our near future, Israel will repent of their iniquities of idolatrous worship and God will Heal them as He draws them to Himself and He will plant them in the fertile field of Christ to nourish them in the religion of Christ out of which will flow the fruit of their being in Christ, just like the Gentiles do.

It seems to me that you are being very one eyed.
Yes, all Israel will be saved. And yes, all Israel will produce fruit. And who makes up Israel according to the early church, the NT and Paul?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, let us consider who the Amorite people were in 1948? What was their religion in 1948?

The Amorite people group have been a people who have lived in and around the Land of Canaan since the Lord scattered the nations after stopping the building of the Tower of Babel. Back when God brought the Israelites in the Land of Canaan they were required to remove all of the other nations from the land, but because of Israel's disobedience God left the other nations among the Israelite people as a thrown for them over all of years of Israel living in the Land of Canaan. The religion of the Amorite people in 1948 was Islam and the iniquities of the Amorite people is their belief that Jesus is not the Son of God and that we are still waiting for this iniquity to reach its climax under the influence of the Fourth Beast and the Little Horn before God judges the kings of the earth for what they have done against Israel and the Heavenly hosts who have used their influence to encourage the Islamic people to keep repeating these blasphemies until God imprisons the kings of the earth with the heavenly hosts in a pit for many days to await the time of their punishment. When will this judgement take place? In our near future at a place called Armageddon, and the Three frog like demon spirits have already gone out to the whole world to begin drawing all the kings of the earth to this place at the end of this present age.

Davy what you are repeating is the ancient disbelief of the ancient sages of Israel whose laughing matter could not grasp what God had prophesied concerning the end of the visitation of the iniquities of the fathers of the first and second age of Israel's existence upon their children and their children's children in the third and the fourth ages of their existence. The visitation of the father's iniquities will cess soon at the end of this present age. When this present age ends soon, God will once again turn His attention towards the Israelites and begin gathering them to Himself. History confirms this understanding for those who can see.

Goodbye Davy, may God continue to draw you into His Loving embrace, if you will allow Him to.

So sorry, but you have been deceived. I well understand the Biblical history of the Canaanites, of which the Amorites were of the lands of Canaan, a mountain people. I also understand how God allowed them to remain living 'among'... the children of Israel for Israel's failure to destroy them (and the other nations of Canaan that God named in Deut.7 & 20) per God's command (Judges 2 and Judges 3).

The seed of Ishmael (Arab peoples) is NOT... of the seed of the Amorites! That's a bad mistake you have picked up from some of your false Jewish traditions of men. The Amorites were of the nations of the land of Canaan that God commanded the children of Israel to destroy when He led them into the lands of Canaan (Genesis 15:21; Deuteronomy 7).

After God had given the children of Israel to conquer the lands of Canaan, the Amorites drop out of Bible history. But we know per Judges 2 & 3 that the remaining remnants of them had crept in among the children of Israel. That means... the leftover Amorites are HIDING as "tares" among the wheat (Judah)!

Reactions: Keraz

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The seed of Ishmael (Arab peoples) is NOT... of the seed of the Amorites! That's a bad mistake you have picked up from some of your false Jewish traditions of men. The Amorites were of the nations of the land of Canaan that God commanded the children of Israel to destroy when He led them into the lands of Canaan (Genesis 15:21; Deuteronomy 7).

After God had given the children of Israel to conquer the lands of Canaan, the Amorites drop out of Bible history. But we know per Judges 2 & 3 that the remaining remnants of them had crept in among the children of Israel. That means... the leftover Amorites are HIDING as "tares" among the wheat (Judah)!

First off, Davy, in my post that you quoted, I had made no mention of the Descendants of Ishmael, as you have suggested, only the Amorite peoples as spoken about in Genesis 15:16. As such you are being deceitful in the above post with your claim. I have made no mistakes in my understanding of the falsehood of the Jewish traditions of men, as I have stated that the ancient sages of Israel could not get their laughing matter around the four age duration of the Genesis 15:16 prophetic return of some of Abraham's descendants to the land of Canaan 4,000, by my chronological calculations after the birth of Isaac and as such that linked the Prophecy of verses 13-14 about God bringing Israel out of Egypt after 400 years of being oppressed in Egypt with verse 16 by claiming that verse 16 is pointing there only being "four descendant generations" born in Egypt and that verse 16 confirms this. However, we know from Biblical descendant chronology that there was listed that Joshua was the tenth generational descendant born to Ephraim in Egypt, (1 Chron 7: 20-27), which debunked the theory that only four descendant generations was born in Egypt before God brought them out of Egypt. The facts of the matter is that we have recorded that one family, that is Ephraim's, actually had ten descendants born while they lived in Egypt and that Joshua was of the tenth generation born in Egypt.

Davy, your rebuttals of what I have posted have consisted of false arguments where you claim that you are an expert of understanding, whereas you falsely claim that I have made the mistake of accepting some of the false Jewish traditions of men, whereas your apology demonstrates that it is you who has accepted the false understanding of these Jewish traditions of men as the basis of your understanding.

Davy when you can argue your position without resorting to any false arguments, then perhaps I might actually listen to you, but until then there is no need for you to keep presenting the same false arguments in an attempt to show that I am wrong and that you are in fact a "wise sage."

Until then Davy, Goodbye, and have a great day

Last edited by a moderator:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes, all Israel will be saved. And yes, all Israel will produce fruit. And who makes up Israel according to the early church, the NT and Paul?
Jesus said: may you never produce fruit again. Matthew 21:19

The Jews and their religion have never borne the 'fruit of the Spirit', Theirs is a rote and tradition religion and God spits them out of His mouth.

Who is the true Israel of God? The faithful Christian peoples, none other.

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said: may you never produce fruit again. Matthew 21:19

The Jews and their religion have never borne the 'fruit of the Spirit', Theirs is a rote and tradition religion and God spits them out of His mouth.

Who is the true Israel of God? The faithful Christian peoples, none other.
I’d say, those that have faith, know the son and do the will of the Father. Even God told Elijah there were those that he reserved that did not kneel to Ba’al. Christian is a word easily tossed around present times. To be a Christian is to be moral minded, self controlled among other things and that is lacking most places.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First off, Davy, in my post that you quoted, I had made no mention of the Descendants of Ishmael, as you have suggested, only the Amorite peoples as spoken about in Genesis 15:16. As such you are being deceitful in the above post with your claim. I have made no mistakes in my understanding of the falsehood of the Jewish traditions of men, as I have stated that the ancient sages of Israel could not get their laughing matter around the four age duration of the Genesis 15:16 prophetic return of some of Abraham's descendants to the land of Canaan 4,000, by my chronological calculations after the birth of Isaac and as such that linked the Prophecy of verses 13-14 about God bringing Israel out of Egypt after 400 years of being oppressed in Egypt with verse 16 by claiming that verse 16 is pointing there only being "four descendant generations" born in Egypt and that verse 16 confirms this. However, we know from Biblical descendant chronology that there was listed that Joshua was the tenth generational descendant born to Ephraim in Egypt, (1 Chron 7: 20-27), which debunked the theory that only four descendant generations was born in Egypt before God brought them out of Egypt. The facts of the matter is that we have recorded that one family, that is Ephraim's, actually had ten descendants born while they lived in Egypt and that Joshua was of the tenth generation born in Egypt.

Davy, your rebuttals of what I have posted have consisted of false arguments where you claim that you are an expert of understanding, whereas you falsely claim that I have made the mistake of accepting some of the false Jewish traditions of men, whereas your apology demonstrates that it is you who has accepted the false understanding of these Jewish traditions of men as the basis of your understanding.

Davy when you can argue your position without resorting to any false arguments, then perhaps I might actually listen to you, but until then there is no need for you to keep presenting the same false arguments in an attempt to show that I am wrong and that you are in fact a "wise sage."

Until then Davy, Goodbye, and have a great day

Here is what you said...

Jay said:
The religion of the Amorite people in 1948 was Islam and the iniquities of the Amorite people is their belief that Jesus is not the Son of God....

You equated the Amorites as having the Islamic religion per your above statement. That of course is false, because the religion of Islam did not even begin until around 600 A.D. by Muhammad.

The Amorites had long disappeared as a nation before Muhammad. The left-over Amorites that Israel was not able to destroy had been assimilated in among the children of Israel by the time of king of Solomon...

1 Kings 9:20-21
20 And all the people that were left of the Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites, which were not of the children of Israel,

21 Their children that were left after them in the land, whom the children of Israel also were not able utterly to destroy, upon those did Solomon levy a tribute of bondservice unto this day.

KJV

Thus your history about them is fabricated, an obvious Jewish fable.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You equated the Amorites as having the Islamic religion per your above statement. That of course is false, because the religion of Islam did not even begin until around 600 A.D. by Muhammad.

The Amorites had long disappeared as a nation before Muhammad. The left-over Amorites that Israel was not able to destroy had been assimilated in among the children of Israel by the time of king of Solomon...

1 Kings 9:20-21
20 And all the people that were left of the Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites, which were not of the children of Israel,

21 Their children that were left after them in the land, whom the children of Israel also were not able utterly to destroy, upon those did Solomon levy a tribute of bondservice unto this day.

KJV

Davy, did I not qualify that the religion of the Amorite people as per Genesis 15:16, when some of Abraham's descendants returned in their own strength, to the Land of Canaan, and became a nation in a day, in 1948, is the Islamic faith which claims/states that Jesus is not the Son of God.

I have not posted anything else about what the religious basis was of the Amorite people when God brought Israel into the Land of Canaan. From the Biblical record, it is suggested that they worshiped idols, at that time, of Baal.

Now you are falsely claiming that my understanding is wrong because you are trying to match the religion of the Amorite people in 1948, with the religion of the Amorite people around 1400 BC. Some 2,000 years after Israel entered the Land of Canaan to take possession of the land, the Baal worship of the Amorite people had been replaced by the Islamic religion and the worship of Allah.

Davy, when your understanding of God's prophetic words agrees with what God has told us will happen prophetically, then perhaps I might continue this conversation, but your false arguments presented so far, by you, only confirm just how wrong you are in your understanding of the End Time Prophecies.

Good bye.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Davy, did I not qualify that the religion of the Amorite people as per Genesis 15:16, when some of Abraham's descendants returned in their own strength, to the Land of Canaan, and became a nation in a day, in 1948, is the Islamic faith which claims/states that Jesus is not the Son of God.

I have not posted anything else about what the religious basis was of the Amorite people when God brought Israel into the Land of Canaan. From the Biblical record, it is suggested that they worshiped idols, at that time, of Baal.

Now you are falsely claiming that my understanding is wrong because you are trying to match the religion of the Amorite people in 1948, with the religion of the Amorite people around 1400 BC. Some 2,000 years after Israel entered the Land of Canaan to take possession of the land, the Baal worship of the Amorite people had been replaced by the Islamic religion and the worship of Allah.

Davy, when your understanding of God's prophetic words agrees with what God has told us will happen prophetically, then perhaps I might continue this conversation, but your false arguments presented so far, by you, only confirm just how wrong you are in your understanding of the End Time Prophecies.

Good bye.

Just think, if you are born Jewish, you might even be descended from the Amorites or Canaanites that crept in among the children of Israel, because the children of Israel were not able to destroy them as God had commanded them, and thus they allowed them to come and live among Israel (Judges 2; Judges 3).

John 8:31-33
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on Him, "If ye continue in My word, then are ye My disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

33 They answered Him, "We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest Thou, 'Ye shall be made free?'"

KJV

It's true those of the nations of Canaan that crept in among the Jews never were in bondage to slavery like the true children of Israel were in Egypt.

1 Kings 9:19-22
19 And all the cities of store that Solomon had, and cities for his chariots, and cities for his horsemen, and that which Solomon desired to build in Jerusalem, and in Lebanon, and in all the land of his dominion.

22 But of the children of Israel did Solomon make no bondmen: but they were men of war, and his servants, and his princes, and his captains, and rulers of his chariots, and his horsemen.
KJV

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Just think, if you are born Jewish, you might even be descended from the Amorites or Canaanites that crept in among the children of Israel, because the children of Israel were not able to destroy them as God had commanded them, and thus they allowed them to come and live among Israel (Judges 2; Judges 3).
Quire correct.
As well; it is a historical fact that the Turkic Khazar peoples converted en-mass to Judaism, in the 13th Century.

People who make the Jewish State of Israel to be anything other that just anther secular nation, are confused and deceived. They also fail to read the prophesies; more that 20 in the Bible, which predict the virtual demise of Judah. Only a remnant will survive. Isaiah 6:11-13, Romans 9:27, +

Reactions: Davy

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Davy, you are the one who is arguing against what is recorded in Genesis 15:16. I have not disagreed with your understanding concerning the Amorite people and their being made slaves, by Solomon, "did Solomon levy a tribute of bond service unto this day"

However, Genesis 15:16 was talking about 1948 AD when some of Abraham's descendants returned to the Land of Canaan in their own strength without any aid from God to do so. The Zionist movement acted in their own strength to return to the Land of Canaan, just as Genesis 15:16 said it would happen, in 1948 AD. You can claim that this is not so, but their is no prophetic connection between Genesis 15:16 and 15:13-14 which was separated by the 15:15 prophecy concerning Abraham's later life.

As for your understanding of how long the Israelites lived in Egypt from when Jacob lead them down to Egypt until God lead them out of Egypt, as recorded in Exodus 12:40 was 430 years, and is not as you have previously suggested 430 years from when God made His covenant with Abraham until God brought them out. The question is how many descendant generation were born in Egypt to the sons of Jacob? Was it four only or was it more than four descendant generations and in the case of Ephraim's descendants, there were ten descendent generations born in Egypt.

Davy, your understanding is based on the flawed understandings of the ancient Jewish sages yet you believe that you can accuse everybody else of doing what it is that you also do to justify your understanding.

Now Davy, it is unprofitable continuing this conversation with you so I bid you farewell and good bye.