What is the point of a forum if you cannot speak?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I'll just offer it "for your consideration . . ."

I rejected it. What others do with what the trinitarians said is up to them.

The CCP is atheist. Policy makers at Christianity Board aren’t.

The trinitarians I spoke with are frustrated that a Christian Board would prohibit discussion about their deity.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I rejected it. What others do with what the trinitarians said is up to them.

The CCP is atheist. Policy makers at Christianity Board aren’t.
And you posted the comparison.

So maybe reconsider . . .

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
And you posted the comparison.

So maybe reconsider . . .

I passed along their frustration, with a preface. Even they didn’t / wouldn’t say there is a direct comparison. It’s foolish of you to suggest it. I don’t.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I passed along their frustration, with a preface. Even they didn’t / wouldn’t say there is a direct comparison. It’s foolish of you to suggest it. I don’t.
You posted it for an evident reason.

Much love!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You posted it for an evident reason.

Much love!

I told you what that reason was in posts #182 and #184.

See again post #175. Maybe reconsider what you’re doing.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve stated from the very beginning that my my God is the Messiah’s God. When I discussed this publicly with you a few months ago and offered to confine my posting to the non-Christian forums you advised me that the board recognized me as a Christian and that I was allowed to post in all sections of the Board.

I’m a Christian. My Christianity is Ante-Nicene, also called “primitive Christianity” - a technical term which covers roughly the first three centuries of Christian history.

If you now think it’s best to change my faith identification - I don’t - then please change it to Judaism (Messianic Judaism, if possible) since Christianity began as a sect of Judaism. Should you choose to do that, my posting will be confined to the non-Christian forums. I leave the decision in your hands and will abide by whatever decision you make.
Then you really need to stop dividing the forum with your statements of your Deity vs my Deity. Because in between the lines of those statements is the hidden message of what you are really saying....that one of the two serves a false god. So you can dress it up in non-defining statements all you want but bottom line you accuse brethren who don't stand in agreement with your doctrine as aligning with false teaching, false religion, false deities....get my point?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Then you really need to stop dividing the forum with your statements of your Deity vs my Deity. Because in between the lines of those statements is the hidden message of what you are really saying....that one of the two serves a false god. So you can dress it up in non-defining statements all you want but bottom line you accuse brethren who don't stand in agreement with your doctrine as aligning with false teaching, false religion, false deities....get my point?

I have no hidden message. I’ve defined my statements, which a review of my posts would demonstrate.

For the sake of your conscience, please go ahead and change me to “other”. Thank you.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a point that I believe needs emphasising.....as one who was raised in Christendom and who wanted this deeper understanding but never found it there, I see those who just want to stick to Christendom’s party line without actual Bible study and researching their foundational beliefs (with an open mind and heart) for themselves. They have no opportunity then to truly evaluate their beliefs because they have put forth no personal effort to understand and to prove that what they have been led to believe, is truth.....and then find themselves unable to defend it. This creates frustration because they can’t answer the challenges that are put to them.....it doesn’t make them want to study the Bible...it just makes them angry and they lash out....and then complain.

I have always said that an undefended faith is not worth having....it is blind, and can be easily undermined.

If Jesus said...No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him....and This is why I have said to you, no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.”....(John 6:44, 65)...it shouldn’t matter what the subject matter is.....what matters is how individuals conduct themselves as “Christians”....and how well they “know” the God they claim to worship. (John 17:3) Their everlasting life is at stake. By their conduct they either prove that they are Christ’s disciples....or they are not.

Self-control is a fruit of God’s spirit. Those with no self-control prove that they are the opposite of what they should be. If God is the one who decides who comes to Christ and who doesn’t, it shouldn’t matter what subject is discussed, but how those who claim to be Christians, conduct themselves.

I understand why it is easier to shut down the topic rather than to deal with the complainers, but many here are very disappointed with the fact that we have an “unorthodox” forum where we expected to be able to examine “unorthodox” topics, only to find that the most important topic is off limits.

I remember you saying that ‘we are in the last days and that we should learn how to defend our faith’.....and I applauded it.......but it’s a shame that censorship has devalued that comment. You cannot defend what you can’t talk about. Silencing the subject matter doesn’t make it go away. It is literally the line of demarcation in what makes one a “Christian” and being granted everlasting life....John 17:3.....we have to “KNOW” the God we worship. Jesus tells us the the majority do not know him. (Matthew 7:13-14, 21-23) :doldrums:
Brother it is a matter of keeping the subject Holy and Sacred as it is all about the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
And any discussion regarding them should be one that edifies, exhorts, up lifts and encourages others in hearing the Good News.
It offends me deeply to see members arguing with such malice and hate over our beloved Father, Saviour and Holy Spirit causing division and strife. They should bring unity...not division.

And it is stated in our Statement of Faith that the Trinity Doctrine is a closed-handed topic.

Closed-handed meaning it is not up for debate.

• Haha
Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of us that post here speak some truth, some falsehood. But we bear testimony of our Gods. It is ashamed that someone who determines what Biblical truth is prevents others from stating their opinion, who is in favor of that?
Robert,

Don't be dismayed. Those speaking falsehoods do so only for a time, as it has been given to them to do so. But what they wittingly or unwittingly do for evil, God has meant for good--they delay the times, that all who will to do so will have opportunity. These times bring the profit of salvation to many.

"Just hold on loosely​
But don't let go" --Song by 38 Special​

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Brother it is a matter of keeping the subject Holy and Sacred as it is all about the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
And any discussion regarding them should be one that edifies, exhorts, up lifts and encourages others in hearing the Good News.
It offends me deeply to see members arguing with such malice and hate over our beloved Father, Saviour and Holy Spirit causing division and strife. They should bring unity...not division.

And it is stated in our Statement of Faith that the Trinity Doctrine is a closed-handed topic.

Closed-handed meaning it is not up for debate.
I understand but disagree for all the reasons I have outlined. We must abide by the rules but it doesn’t mean that we agree with the method used to stifle free and open debate.

I thought this site was open to discussion about everything, as I was kicked off another site for disagreeing with the vaccinations and endless boosters. I was grateful that there was at least one forum where civil discussion could take place in appropriate forums about all topics.

Our views are “unorthodox” but, don’t we have to ask if the “orthodox” view is valid in the first place?

Accusations fly about accepting “the command of men as doctrines” when the very doctrines accepted by Christendom are “the command of men” as well....even the RCC who introduced what basically the whole of Christendom accepts as truth, are hard pressed to prove them under scrutiny. The scriptures do not explicitly teach any of them, but we find them grafted into ambiguous verses and promoted as truth. Are they? Shouldn’t we be able to challenge them if there are solid scriptural grounds to do so? I am sad that the conduct of a few unchristian hot heads has created this situation.

If Jesus warned that that the devil would sow weeds of counterfeit Christianity in the world and that these weeds would grow along with the wheat....how do we discern the difference.....certainly not by pretending that the foretold apostasy never took place....or that a whole religious system could not be corrupted......the Jewish faith had failed miserably to keep to the commands that their God gave them. By the time Jesus arrived it was nothing more than a sham.....men pretending to be righteous, whilst leading their charges to certain death. (Matthew 23:13-15)

What makes us think the devil cannot repeat his victory over them? He relies on fallen human nature to achieve his goals. Humans behave in very predictable ways and he knows them all after thousands of years of observation and successful deception.

We should all be responsible for what we hold as truth, confidently using the scriptures to teach what Christ taught....otherwise we will end up just like the Jews.....using the scriptures to justify erroneous doctrines and bad behavior, with the devil laughing at us all the way to our destruction. “Few” are on the road to life for a reason....don’t you think?

Last edited:
Reactions: tigger 2

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lady Heart2Soul.....Salutations and may you have a Merry Christmas, and thanks for joining the discussion.

I addressed this in my Post 151....inspirational messages, scriptures, and stories are a wonderful thing. Don't we wish Christians could get along? Believing in unity.....that is my approach to Christianity, as you know I am multi-denominational.....I fellowship with many denominations ....so in practice I am tolerant of many beliefs. But unity in some ways is a disconnected thought. Anyone that tried to unite Christianity into one religion would be called the Antichrist. So as it is, is the way that people want it.

But when faced with evil some Christians tend to react sternly using Christ as a model.

Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. And you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. Go ahead, then, and complete what your ancestors started! “You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? Matthew 23:29-33

Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. Matthew 10:34

And He made a whip of cords, and drove them all out of the temple area, with the sheep and the oxen; and He poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables; John 2:15

And He said to them, “But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one. Luke 2:36

Don't we wish we could all get along? It would make a good prayer. And I believe Yeshua appreciates those that love peace as I do. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. It is the better way....but as God said there is a time for peace and time for war.

Now I am not going to call you a sheep because under the right circumstances I think you would fight like the best of us. But the sheep are not wrong or bad....love and patience are the best traits of Christians.....but as seen with Christ that is not always the right course of action. It has always been the case for sheep to have shepherds and they are not always peaceful. And it is not too uncommon for the sheep to criticize the shepherd for being too rough with the wolves. But what would happen if they were not around. Calvinists do not believe women should speak on a forum like this. When I came here the Calvinists were circling the ladies like wolves and saying in big red bold letters that they did not deserve to live and would go to hell. I took on that evil and beat them back....

There are times that it is right to fight....but that is not something that everybody needs to see....that is why I suggested dividing the forum up and have a passworded area for debates....

What is wrong with rose colored glasses and making the forum appear that Christians get along? I say nothing is wrong with it. Peace of mind? But I am ex-military, I have seen blood and guts and even had some of it cover my uniform......but would I want someone like you to see that? No. Is it reality? Yes. But saving some from the unpleasantries of reality is not wrong. But what can the forum do to save some from the unpleasantries of reality? It is an honest question.

Attempting to "rule it out" will not work.....ruling it out will cause even more animosity. The truth always works best....The forum should acknowledge that they prefer spiritual uplifting threads and posts. That is the truth. And they need to ban debates or keep them in their own passworded threads.

Last edited:
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand but disagree for all the reasons I have outlined. We must abide by the rules but it doesn’t mean that we agree with the method used to stifle free and open debate.

I thought this site was open to discussion about everything, as I was kicked off another site for disagreeing with the vaccinations and endless boosters. I was grateful that there was at least one forum where civil discussion could take place in appropriate forums about all topics.

Our views are “unorthodox” but, don’t we have to ask if the “orthodox” view is valid in the first place?

Accusations fly about accepting “the command of men as doctrines” when the very doctrines accepted by Christendom are “the command of men” as well....even the RCC who introduced what basically the whole of Christendom accepts as truth, are hard pressed to prove them under scrutiny. The scriptures do not explicitly teach any of them, but we find them grafted into ambiguous verses and promoted as truth. Are they? Shouldn’t we be able to challenge them if there are solid scriptural grounds to do so? I am sad that the conduct of a few unchristian hot heads has created this situation.

If Jesus warned that that the devil would sow weeds of counterfeit Christianity in the world and that these weeds would grow along with the wheat....how do we discern the difference.....certainly not by pretending that the foretold apostasy never took place....or that a whole religious system could not be corrupted......the Jewish faith had failed miserably to keep to the commands that their God gave them. By the time Jesus arrived it was nothing more than a sham.....men pretending to be righteous, whilst leading their charges to certain death. (Matthew 23:13-15)

What makes us think the devil cannot repeat his victory ver them? He relies on fallen human nature to achieve his goals. Humans behave in very predictable ways and he knows them all after thousands of years of observation and successful deception.

We should all be responsible for what we hold as truth, confidently using the scriptures to teach what Christ taught....otherwise we will end up just like the Jews.....using the scriptures to justify erroneous doctrines and bad behavior, with the devil laughing at us all the way to our destruction. “Few” are on the road to life for a reason....don’t you think?
Well it is open to most all topics...blasphemy will not be tolerated at all.
But this is the end of discussion for me. I have to address other topics.
Have a blessed day.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lady Heart2Soul.....Salutations and may you have a Merry Christmas, and thanks for joining the discussion.

I addressed this in my Post 151....inspirational messages, scriptures, and stories are a wonderful thing. Don't we wish Christians could get along? Believing in unity.....that is my approach to Christianity, as you know I am multi-denominational.....I fellowship with many denominations ....so in practice I am tolerant of many beliefs. But unity in some ways is a disconnected thought. Anyone that tried to unite Christianity into one religion would be called the Antichrist. So as it is, is the way that people want it.

But when faced with evil some Christians tend to react sternly using Christ as a model.

Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. And you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. Go ahead, then, and complete what your ancestors started! “You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? Matthew 23:29-33

Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. Matthew 10:34

And He made a whip of cords, and drove them all out of the temple area, with the sheep and the oxen; and He poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables; John 2:15

And He said to them, “But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one. Luke 2:36

Don't we wish we could all get along? It would make a good prayer. And I believe Yeshua appreciates those that love peace as I do. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. It is the better way....but as God said there is a time for peace and time for war.

Now I am not going to call you a sheep because under the right circumstances I think you would fight like the best of us. But the sheep are not wrong or bad....love and patience are the best traits of Christians.....but as seen with Christ that is not always the right course of action. It has always been the case for sheep to have shepherds and they are not always peaceful. And it is not too uncommon for the sheep to criticize the shepherd for being too rough with the wolves. But what would happen if they were not around. Calvinists do not believe women should speak on a forum like this. When I came here the Calvinists were circling the ladies like wolves and saying in big red bold letters that they did not deserve to live and would go to hell. I took on that evil and beat them back....

There are times that is right to fight....but that is not something that everybody needs to see....that is why I suggested dividing the forum up and have a passworded area for debates....

What is wrong with rose colored glasses and making the forum appear that Christians get along? I say nothing is wrong with it. Peace of mind? But I am ex-military, I have seen blood and guts and even had some of it cover my uniform......but would I want someone like you to see that? No. Is it reality? Yes. But saving some from the unpleasantries of reality is not wrong. But what can the forum do to save some from the unpleasantries of reality? It is an honest question.

Attempting to "rule it out" will not work.....ruling it out will cause even more animosity. The truth always works best....The forum should acknowledge that they prefer spiritual uplifting threads and post. That is the truth. And they need to ban debates or keep them in their own passworded threads.
Well I can't give an answer for the rest of staff. I can only share my thoughts and views.
But thank you for sharing your opinion....and Merry Christmas to you as well!

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not claim the term " Christian" myself. In fact it repulses me bc that word has come to mean anybody can say they are Christian even if life says no- no you ain't living like you know Christ!

I am a believer and follower of God!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@RLT63 something has come up which I had always known, and publicly stated, was possible. In light of that development coming to pass, I’ve requested that my faith identification / board registration be changed from “Christian” to “Other”.

The change in title on the board doesn’t in any way alter the fact that I’m a licensed Ante-Nicene / primitive Christian pastor. The requested change - when granted, which I anticipate and hope will happen soon - will limit where I’m allowed to post on the board. It doesn’t affect our friendship; only where our conversation may publicly (a very important point I want to emphasize, as it has served as an example to others) take place here.

Yeah ban me to my own room too and give me the key. The door only opens by invitation!
I like that. No more ______,_____,______& _______ to trash my area.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@RLT63 something has come up which I had always known, and publicly stated, was possible. In light of that development coming to pass, I’ve requested that my faith identification / board registration be changed from “Christian” to “Other”.

The change in title on the board doesn’t in any way alter the fact that I’m a licensed Ante-Nicene / primitive Christian pastor. The requested change - when granted, which I anticipate and hope will happen soon - will limit where I’m allowed to post on the board. It doesn’t affect our friendship; only where our conversation may publicly (a very important point I want to emphasize, as it has served as an example to others) take place here.
I hope this works out for you. It doesn’t seem to fit though

Status
Not open for further replies.