What is the purpose of being in gratitiude?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gratitude, founded in the bible?

How is it important?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you find gratitude in knowing that God loved you before we loved him?

1 John 4:19-21

New International Version

19 We love because he first loved us. 20 Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. 21 And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about Ruth? Ruth 2:10

8 So Boaz said to Ruth, “My daughter, listen to me. Don’t go and glean in another field and don’t go away from here. Stay here with the women who work for me. 9 Watch the field where the men are harvesting, and follow along after the women. I have told the men not to lay a hand on you. And whenever you are thirsty, go and get a drink from the water jars the men have filled.”

10 At this, she bowed down with her face to the ground. She asked him, “Why have I found such favor in your eyes that you notice me—a foreigner?”

It is not amazing that God who has not favorites, loves you and cares about you?

He notices you.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about in the book of 1 Samuel?

1 Samuel 14:45
45 But the people said to Saul, “Shall Jonathan die, who has accomplished this great deliverance in Israel? Certainly not! As the Lord lives, not one hair of his head shall fall to the ground, for he has worked with God this day.” So the people rescued Jonathan, and he did not die.

Gratitude, effects everyone around. People pay attention to how someone acts, and Jonathan, here whom worked with God, had God's help which brought for a great deliverance in Israel, according to the people are speaking to Saul. The people went out and even rescued Jonathan, and he kept living.

What is the importance of gratitude?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about praising God, do you ever had the intention with-in you by the spirit to praise God, even to sing praises to His Name, even professing his name?

Hebrews 13:15
15 Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name. 16 And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

While Faith - is the only thing that pleases God and the very first stop into being adopted as a Child of God; The writer of Hebrews explains the importantance of not forgetting to do good and to share with others; for such sacrfices God is pleased with also.

Gratitude, would you say? God loved you first, before you ever even heard the name of his Son, is that not amazing?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about the writing to the audience of Peter, who were exiled Jewish people living among gentile nations, when he wrote in his first letter them saying,

1 Peter 2:9
9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

Now while I believe this chosen generation, a royal priesthood, and a holy nation - all relates to them being part of the bride, being part of the priesthood of Christ, and also being part of the Heavenly Jerusalem - His own special people.

Today as Christians, we would be the fruits that would come after them. You are special to God, you are also part of a heavenly kingdom filled with believers.

You too as they, are able to proclaim the priases of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

Are you greatful and are in gratitiude to Yahava, whom also has taken you out of darkness, into His Marvelous light?

(Please remember these are my own commentaries and you do not have to subject yourself to my own views.)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gratitude is prominent to spiritual growth.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gratitude, founded in the bible?

How is it important?
The first and great commandment is to love the Lord with all our hearts, minds, and souls. The other is to love our neighbors as ourselves. I think gratitude is part of that.