What's On your Mind! ~ Random Conversations about Anything...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the sole purpose of the hunt is to bag a grizzly, then it is fair. If the hunter doesn't have the skill required to take down a grizzly on his own, he shouldn't be in the woods. If the bear takes out the dogs before the hunter is able to react, then what? What if the dogs are out chasing down one bear and another shows up behind you? Your survival should depend upon the weapon you're carrying and the skill to use it.

Then you go to places that have no boundaries. Those places do exist. Or you get permission from land owners to cross their land if need be. Or you find a well used trail and sit and wait.

Feeding an animal just so you can kill it while it's eating is not hunting.

This of course is just my opinion...

As I said before, it is not always about sport. It is about thinning out the herd of some species. So, though I don't do it, I am not worried about people feeding deer all year and then shooting them in deer season.

How is shooting deer after feeding them all year any different than when I raised hogs, and I did raise hogs, and fed them all year or more, just to shoot them and butcher them when I wanted? Same thing. If you don't want to call it huntin that is fine. But it is still a need.

Concerning a Grizzly bear, I think I would not go without another person. How is that for 'fair'. And if I had dogs for bear, I certainly would take them also. I would have an AK-47 with a 20 round clip in and another clip on hand already loaded. Plus I would have a 12 gauge pump shotgun with 00buck. And a 44 magnum pistol for back up. And the person with me would have the same.

Your sense of 'fair' places the hunter at the disadvantage. Which is fine, if that is they way 'you' would go out and get the grizz. Good luck.

Stranger

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said before, it is not always about sport. It is about thinning out the herd of some species. So, though I don't do it, I am not worried about people feeding deer all year and then shooting them in deer season.

How is shooting deer after feeding them all year any different than when I raised hogs, and I did raise hogs, and fed them all year or more, just to shoot them and butcher them when I wanted? Same thing. If you don't want to call it huntin that is fine. But it is still a need.

Concerning a Grizzly bear, I think I would not go without another person. How is that for 'fair'. And if I had dogs for bear, I certainly would take them also. I would have an AK-47 with a 20 round clip in and another clip on hand already loaded. Plus I would have a 12 gauge pump shotgun with 00buck. And a 44 magnum pistol for back up. And the person with me would have the same.

Your sense of 'fair' places the hunter at the disadvantage. Which is fine, if that is they way 'you' would go out and get the grizz. Good luck.

Stranger

You're taking this way too personal.

I don't wanna play no more...

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're taking this way too personal.

I don't wanna play no more...

I never was playing. The only ones that want you to play 'fair' are those who don't and want you to lose.

Stranger

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never was playing. The only ones that want you to play 'fair' are those who don't and want you to lose.

Stranger

Yes, I know. That's why I said you're taking this way too personal.

I expressed an opinion and you took it to a place it wasn't meant to go.

No biggie...

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well anyway, thank you for the conversation Stranger. It was nice to talk about something that we may have in common. Although it may not appeal to everyone. In some lives, it's a reality and people actually have to hunt to eat and not go down to the supermarket to buy meat. In my childhood, this was a reality. :)

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well anyway, thank you for the conversation Stranger. It was nice to talk about something that we may have in common. Although it may not appeal to everyone. In some lives, it's a reality and people actually have to hunt to eat and not go down to the supermarket to buy meat. In my childhood, this was a reality. :)

Indeed sister. The pleasure is mine. And that reality you need to hang on to. It will serve you well.

Stranger

Reactions: Angelina

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I like bacon, but I couldn't eat bacon for months after watching the movie "Babe"
But in time it did wear off .....bring on the eggs and bacon..:D

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
O
I'm living as if in the days of Jesus. We have no electricityat the moment...

Just like in the days of Jesus. Therefore there is no running water, no usage of indoor plumbing. No shower or bath.

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No alarm clocks to wake me up. No radio or TV so more time to read Scripture. No computers . more time to focus on what is important in life. And the blessinngs keep coming. But I thi nk the electricity will be back soon. The , back to the present. Now I disappear to save the battery on this this g. It makes a great clock. And for those alr sandwiches. YUM YUM.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@DicipleofJesus I agree...a black out on power is good for us once in a while...it reminds us just how easy we have it these days :)

That said...we were once up north in the bush living with many other Christians..we chose to have none of the things you mentioned...wood fires, oil lamps, no running water etc. One very quickly adjust to it...it very quickly becomes 'the norm'.
NOT that it was my preferred way of living! And it did not make any of us "more holy".... LOL

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I like bacon too. I also like ham Especially my Christmas ham! mmmmmmm! :)

29uvafs.jpg

Reactions: Job

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What's on my mind right now...my feet...snow today and it is very cold here..
:( :( I guess winter has arrived for real now. sigh.

Reactions: Job

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's on my mind right now...my feet...snow today and it is very cold here..
:( :( I guess winter has arrived for real now. sigh.

Can you imagine what it was like 500 years ago? The way I feel today I wouldn't have made it through my first winter.

The calendar may say autumn but the landscape says winter.

owls-baby-its-cold-outside.jpg

Reactions: Helen