What's the difference between true grace and counterfeit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Which is the good news?

• Freedom from the bondage of sin

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Freedom to sin with impunity

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
If you had to choose, which one sounds like good news, and which one sounds like a nightmare?

COUNTERFEIT GRACE
Says it's not necessary to keep the law.
Jesus saves you in your sins.
Jesus covers me with his righteousness, but I'm still dirty on the inside, like
a painted sepulchre.
I don't have to stop sinning, as long I just keep saying I'm sorry. Confession
without repentance.
I always have free will. Jesus cannot heal me if I do not consent to be changed.
Jesus loves me too much to ever let me be lost no matter what I do. Presumption is the counterfeit of faith.
Salvation is heaven and eternal life.

TRUE GRACE
Gives power to keep the LAW.
Jesus saves you from your sins.
Jesus cleanses me from the inside out.
I receive a new heart and a new mind.
"I can do all things through Christ" (Phil. 4:13).
I can stop sinning.
Salvation is not heaven (that's just the home of the saved). Salvation is not
eternal life (that's the reward of the saved). Salvation is freedom from the
slavery of sin in my life, here, now, in this present world.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to bring into consideration, I would ask how the following verse applies to these concepts:

Gal 3:22, But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

It seems to me to be saying that all are under sin (even the sanctified)?

Iow, all are sinners? And if saved, sinners saved by grace?

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
  1. Freedom from the bondage of sin?
  2. or Freedom to sin with impunity

And is this really a serious question worthy of a serious answer!!? :eek::confused:

I've never heard of the good news of "COUNTERFEIT GRACE" where do you find that?

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
  1. Freedom from the bondage of sin?
  2. or Freedom to sin with impunity
And is this really a serious question worthy of a serious answer!!? :eek::confused:

It's what Christians proclaim as the gospel all the time. Of course it's really serious. Just about every Christian on this site believes that they can continue to sin, and still be part of the New Covenant.

I've never heard of the good news of "COUNTERFEIT GRACE" where do you find that?

I find it throughout the posts here on this site. No one can sin without coming up with some sort of justification or rationale to sin. Yet, everyone admits that they continue to sin even though they don't want to. They all claim that they have made a decision to follow God's commandments, and keep them to the best of their ability. Paul categorically denies this as a legitimate possibility that will end in salvation. It is a works based salvation.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just about every Christian on this site believes that they can continue to sin, and still be part of the New Covenant.

And those are the kind of statements that get people suspended or banned from the Site...judging another person.

And not only judging, but greatly exaggerating...
Quote:- Just about every Christian on this site believes that they can continue to sin.."

And Elijah boasted to God like you.... - " I and I only have not bowed my knee to Baal."
And as Paul says in Romans :-
"But what saith the answer of God unto him?( Elijah)
I have reserved to Myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal
."