When did Daniel 7:13-14 happen?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Reformers' prophetic wisdom and discernment were inspired by God Himself.

Without them, there would have been no Reformation.

And this forum, and you and I on it, would not exist.
Your using the word "Inspired" as if it's God's word "Wrong"

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive never heard that said…interesting.
I sort of look at it as things repeating and…being shadows of, but sometimes not yet being, complete fulfillment. I don’t see that after what some think was the abomination there was tribulation worse than there ever was from the beginning of the world or ever will be again.
Yeah I haven't heard anyone teach it either...these are things that come to me when reading and meditating on scripture. I always ask the Holy Spirit to open my "spiritual" eyes and ears to receive the hidden wisdom of God's Word to me....and to give me revelation knowledge of what I cannot comprehend...as well as putting people in my path that can bring clarity to my understanding.
Whether my opinion is on target or not does not make any difference in what is solid food that I can readily and easily digest and obtain. Which are all truths that lead back to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This verse jumped out at me. And then shall many be offended, especially. There is great fear currently of offending anyone or any group but despite everyone being very solicitous, anything and everything anyone says offends someone now, no matter how careful one tries to be. We seem to currently be right in the middle of “and then many shall be offended…”
I know exactly what you mean...everyone has to be "politically" correct with how they address people of other cultural and ethnicity today.
But it is man who caused some words and sayings to become corrupt and use them as a way to condemn,insult, demean, and bully others.
Let our words be yea or nay...amen?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But the Hebrews scripture told us that it had already happened

Here is the scripture that you are hanging your hat on to justify your POV.

Hebrews 10:11-18: - Christ's Death Perfects the Sanctified

11 And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, 13 from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool. 14 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.

15 But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before,

16 "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them," 17 then He adds, "Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more." 18 Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.​
NKJV
In these few verses, we cannot assume that Christ sat down immediately after He had offered one sacrifice at the right hand of God. Verses 16 and 17 is taking about the redemption the Descendants of Israel and that happens after the judgement of the Kings of the earth and the Wicked fallen heavenly hosts in our near future. Now in Daniel 7:13-14 we read: -

Daniel 7:9-14: - Vision of the Ancient of Days
9 "I watched till thrones were put in place,
And the Ancient of Days was seated;
His garment was white as snow,
And the hair of His head was like pure wool.
His throne was a fiery flame,
Its wheels a burning fire;
10 A fiery stream issued
And came forth from before Him.
A thousand thousands ministered to Him;
Ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him.
The court was seated,
And the books were opened.
11 "I watched then because of the sound of the pompous words which the horn was speaking; I watched till the beast was slain, and its body destroyed and given to the burning flame. 12 As for the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away, yet their lives were prolonged for a season and a time.

13 "I was watching in the night visions,
And behold, One like the Son of Man,
Coming with the clouds of heaven!
He came to the Ancient of Days,
And they brought Him near before Him.
14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom,
That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
Which shall not pass away,
And His kingdom the one
Which shall not be destroyed.
NKJV

Notice that Daniel describes that Jesus, i.e. the Son of Man, is not brought before the Ancient of Days, i.e. God the Father, until after the Beasts are judged in Daniel 7:12 and we know from Isaiah 24:21-22 that the Wicked Fallen Heavenly Hosts, i.e. fallen angels, the beasts and Satan, are judged at the same time as the Kings of the earth and that they are gathered at Armageddon to be judged, and as of yet, the Kings of the Earth have not been drawn to gather at Armageddon just yet, so we can confidently state that Daniel 7:13-14 is still a near future event.

Shalom

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel 7:9-10 depicts the second coming and final judgement (The Books Were Open)

You suggest Daniel 7:13 jumps back in time 2,000 years to the ascension, I disagree
Bible prophecy does that sometimes. It's not always in chronological order. That's a fact.

You believe this took place at the ascension I disagree, Daniel states the Son of Man "Came" with the clouds of heaven, not "Goes" with the clouds of heaven as you believe and teach
But, it says He came before the Ancient of Days, which is the Father. Where would that be? In heaven. Did you see my post (second post in this thread) where I compared Daniel 7:13-14 to Ephesians 1:19-23? What are your thoughts on what I said there? Can you see the similarities between those two passages?

Last edited:
Reactions: Marty fox

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible prophecy does that sometimes. It's not always in chronological order. That's a fact.

But, it says He came before the Ancient of Days, which is the Father. Where would that be? In heaven. Did you see my post (second post in this thread) where I compared Daniel 7:13-14 to Ephesians 1:19-23? What are your thoughts on what I said there? Can you see the similarities between those two passages?
I read your response #2 and I disagree

Jesus "Came" with the clouds of heaven

Jesus doesn't "Go" with the clouds of heaven, as Marty claims it is depicting the ascension "Wrong"

The depiction is the second coming and final judgment (The End) the scripture is clear and simple

Daniel 7:9-10KJV
9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

I see the second coming of the Lord in the heavens in Daniel 7:13, with Daniel 7:14 being a parallel teaching of Revelation 11:15, Jesus Kingdom for ever and ever after the second coming "Future"

Jesus comes to the Ancient of days at the second coming (The End) when Jesus delivers the Kingdom to the father

Daniel 7:13 & 1 Corinthians 15:23-24 are parallel teachings of the same event

1 Corinthians 15:23-24KJV
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end,
when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

Daniel 7:13-14KJV
13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Revelation 11:15KJV
15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Last edited:

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Daniel 7:13-14
13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Some Christians think that this is in our future but I believe that the bible shows us that it happened on the day of Jesus accention and it was the same time as Revelation 12:5-10

5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.” And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne. 6 The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

7 Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:

“Now have come the salvation and the power
and the kingdom of our God,
and the authority of his Messiah.
For the accuser of our brothers and sisters,
who accuses them before our God day and night,
has been hurled down.

Notice that in both sets of verses that Jesus receives His authority and power that shows that they happened at the same time.

Hebrews 10:12-13 confirms the timing of this when Jesus sat down at the right hand of the Father when He presented Himself to the Father as our one time sacrificial Lamb.

12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 and since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool.

And when did Jesus say that He would sit at the right hand of the Father?

Matthew 26:63-64
63 But Jesus remained silent.

The high priest said to him, “I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God.”

64 “You have said so,” Jesus replied. “But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

Yes after His death and resurrection

It hasn't .

Revelation 12:5 "And she brought forth a man child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne."

The "man child" that was brought forth in the little town of Bethlehem when Jesus the Christ child was born. There are only two events that sit upon this throne, and the only one to do this was a child. Get it? That child is Jesus Christ.

This verse covers two advents [comings]; the first is Christ's birth as a child, and His second coming will be at the seventh trumpet. Then He will come to rule all nations with a rod of iron. Jesus Christ will come as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Revelation 12:6 "And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her a thousand two hundred and threescore days."

This time is when God's protection is given for the woman "Israel". Following the resurrection, and transposing these days into years, it would bring us up to the early 1800's A.D., when the house of Israel nations became superpowers.

Revelation 12:7 "And there was war in heaven: Mi'-cha-el and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,,"

This event brings us back into heaven. The war is between Satan [the dragon] and his angels, who are fighting against Michael and his angels. Satan will lose.

Revelation 12:8 "And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven."

This is the time of the sounding of the fifth trumpet, when Satan and his fallen angels are released upon the earth for the final five months period, spoken of in Revelation 9:5, 10. Satan will spend five months here on earth deceiving all mankind, then go to the pit for the thousand years. After that thousand years, Satan [not his fallen angels] will be released for a short period, then go to perdition [perish]. Once Satan is kicked out of heaven, he will not be allowed to return. Today Satan is in heaven accusing the saints before the Lord.

This is prophesy that will come in the very near future.

Revelation 12:9 "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Sa'-tan, which deceived the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

If you were ever confused who Satan is, John calls him by the names he used while playing his different roles on earth. The "dragon" is Satan's role in that first earth age, when one third of all of God's children followed him. Satan's evil spirit is allowed on earth now, along with his demons. However, you haven't seen Satan in person yet. Satan and his angels, both physically and bodily, will come to earth just as they did in Genesis 6.

When Satan is cast out it will be as it was in the days of Noah. This is what Jesus said in Matthew 24:37: "But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be." Mankind will be mixing with the angels, and the women even marrying them just as was going on in Noah's day before the flood. Sodomy will be common, and all forms of filth will be made public, and accepted and considered normal. The world and the kenite influence is preparing us, and our mind to accept all forms of filth in sex and marriage as being natural; and to consider their perversion as being of God.

Your acceptance and view of this filth of sodomy and religious form will tell you to what state of depravity your mind has sunk. The condition of your soul will be determined by what you know, and how you stand on these issues, at Satan's arrival to earth.

Revelation 12:10 "And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power [authority] of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night."

This is why Satan's other name is "the accuser", for he continually stands before God's throne accusing all the saints of God. When you mess up, Satan will let God know about it. That is why it is important for us to repent immediately when we become aware of sin in our lives. Then all barriers between God and us are removed. Satan will continue to accuse you before God, right up to the time he is caste out to the earth.

Revelation 12:11 "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."

When Satan and his fallen angles are cast out onto the earth, the "elect" and those who have the seal of God in their minds will overcome them through the power given them in Christ's blood. You are the "elect" when you understand who Satan is, and what will come to pass. God has promised you and I that we have power over Satan, and God's protection is extended to each of those sealed in their minds.

satan has yet to be kicked out of Heaven.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It hasn't .

Revelation 12:5 "And she brought forth a man child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne."

The "man child" that was brought forth in the little town of Bethlehem when Jesus the Christ child was born. There are only two events that sit upon this throne, and the only one to do this was a child. Get it? That child is Jesus Christ.

This verse covers two advents [comings]; the first is Christ's birth as a child, and His second coming will be at the seventh trumpet. Then He will come to rule all nations with a rod of iron. Jesus Christ will come as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Revelation 12:6 "And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her a thousand two hundred and threescore days."

This time is when God's protection is given for the woman "Israel". Following the resurrection, and transposing these days into years, it would bring us up to the early 1800's A.D., when the house of Israel nations became superpowers.

Revelation 12:7 "And there was war in heaven: Mi'-cha-el and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,,"

This event brings us back into heaven. The war is between Satan [the dragon] and his angels, who are fighting against Michael and his angels. Satan will lose.

Revelation 12:8 "And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven."

This is the time of the sounding of the fifth trumpet, when Satan and his fallen angels are released upon the earth for the final five months period, spoken of in Revelation 9:5, 10. Satan will spend five months here on earth deceiving all mankind, then go to the pit for the thousand years. After that thousand years, Satan [not his fallen angels] will be released for a short period, then go to perdition [perish]. Once Satan is kicked out of heaven, he will not be allowed to return. Today Satan is in heaven accusing the saints before the Lord.

This is prophesy that will come in the very near future.

Revelation 12:9 "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Sa'-tan, which deceived the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

If you were ever confused who Satan is, John calls him by the names he used while playing his different roles on earth. The "dragon" is Satan's role in that first earth age, when one third of all of God's children followed him. Satan's evil spirit is allowed on earth now, along with his demons. However, you haven't seen Satan in person yet. Satan and his angels, both physically and bodily, will come to earth just as they did in Genesis 6.

When Satan is cast out it will be as it was in the days of Noah. This is what Jesus said in Matthew 24:37: "But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be." Mankind will be mixing with the angels, and the women even marrying them just as was going on in Noah's day before the flood. Sodomy will be common, and all forms of filth will be made public, and accepted and considered normal. The world and the kenite influence is preparing us, and our mind to accept all forms of filth in sex and marriage as being natural; and to consider their perversion as being of God.

Your acceptance and view of this filth of sodomy and religious form will tell you to what state of depravity your mind has sunk. The condition of your soul will be determined by what you know, and how you stand on these issues, at Satan's arrival to earth.

Revelation 12:10 "And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power [authority] of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night."

This is why Satan's other name is "the accuser", for he continually stands before God's throne accusing all the saints of God. When you mess up, Satan will let God know about it. That is why it is important for us to repent immediately when we become aware of sin in our lives. Then all barriers between God and us are removed. Satan will continue to accuse you before God, right up to the time he is caste out to the earth.

Revelation 12:11 "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."

When Satan and his fallen angles are cast out onto the earth, the "elect" and those who have the seal of God in their minds will overcome them through the power given them in Christ's blood. You are the "elect" when you understand who Satan is, and what will come to pass. God has promised you and I that we have power over Satan, and God's protection is extended to each of those sealed in their minds.

satan has yet to be kicked out of Heaven.
Satan was kicked out of heaven long ago, who tempted Jesus in the wilderness, and Job 1:7 below clearly shows, Satan himself states he is in the earth, simple and easy to understand

There won't be a future Millennial Kingdom on this earth as you claim, it's a fabricated fairy tale of man, found no place in scripture

Jesus returns in fire and final judgment, dissolving this earth by fire (The End)

Job 1:7KJV
7 And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Satan was kicked out of heaven long ago, who tempted Jesus in the wilderness, and Job 1:7 below clearly shows, Satan himself states he is in the earth, simple and easy to understand

There won't be a future Millennial Kingdom on this earth as you claim, it's a fabricated fairy tale of man, found no place in scripture

Jesus returns in fire and final judgment, dissolving this earth by fire (The End)

Job 1:7KJV
7 And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

So you claim this earth shall be destroyed ,would that be correct ?

If so where will we spend eternity ?

as for satan ,had he been kicked out already you would had seen him and his angels

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you claim this earth shall be destroyed ,would that be correct ?

If so where will we spend eternity ?

as for satan ,had he been kicked out already you would had seen him and his angels
Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Not understanding what you trying to say , do you not understand that it's talking about ages and not the physical Heaven and Earth .

Did He not destroy the earth with the flood,(2nd time) yet the earth is still here .

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Some Christians think that this is in our future but I believe that the bible shows us that it happened on the day of Jesus accention and it was the same time as Revelation 12:5-10

Hi Marty,

Dan. 7 13 - 14 matches with Rev. 5:6 - 10 the investiture of the Son of Man with the Kingdom. This is future.

Dan. 7: 13 & 14 `1 was watching in the night visions and behold, one like the Son of Man, coming on the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days, and they brought Him near before Him. Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom...`

Rev. 5: 6, 7 & 12 `And I looked and behold in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it has been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven (fold) Spirit of God sent out into all the earth.

Then He came and took the scroll out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne .......`Worthy is the Lamb who was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and strength and honour and blessing.`

The Apostle John was given more detail than Daniel in relation to this event.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not understanding what you trying to say , do you not understand that it's talking about ages and not the physical Heaven and Earth .

Did He not destroy the earth with the flood,(2nd time) yet the earth is still here .
2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Once again you'll not understanding

II Peter 3:10 "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."

The "elements" are not the elements that you think of, such as gold, iron, oxygen and so on, but they are the "evil rudiments" that go to make up the evil in this earth age. This includes the evil spirits, the fallen angels, and all the things and forms of idolatry that cause flesh man to sin. The time of this burning will be at God's appointed time, so this verse is addressed to all those things that go to offend our Heavenly Father.

II Peter 3:12 "Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?"

The "day of God" is the last day of the Millennium age. The elements spoken of here are those evil rudiments that were spoken of in verse ten. When the lake of fire comes into being, every thing that offends God is done away with. God's people are not going to have to put up with the things of the devil because all those evil idolatrous things will be gone. Those that have washed themselves in the blood of the Lamb, and repented of their sins in Jesus name will be taken care of no matter what comes to pass.

II Peter 3:13 "Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness."

Regardless of the testing that we may go through, God's children are looking forward to His promise of the new heavens and the new earth, where there will be no evil. This word "new " deserves a closer look, for it means freshness, rejuvenated heaven and earth. This is not another earth and another heaven, but the same earth made over, rejuvenated whereby the evil and pollution is gone. In the age of the new heaven and the new earth only the righteous and righteousness exists. Praise God, for from here on there is only happiness, joy, and the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Marty,

Dan. 7 13 - 14 matches with Rev. 5:6 - 10 the investiture of the Son of Man with the Kingdom. This is future.

Dan. 7: 13 & 14 `1 was watching in the night visions and behold, one like the Son of Man, coming on the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days, and they brought Him near before Him. Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom...`

Rev. 5: 6, 7 & 12 `And I looked and behold in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it has been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven (fold) Spirit of God sent out into all the earth.

Then He came and took the scroll out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne .......`Worthy is the Lamb who was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and strength and honour and blessing.`

The Apostle John was given more detail than Daniel in relation to this event.

The Lamb is already slain and is already worthy He’s been slain and worthy for almost 2000 years what else would He need to do?

Reactions: covenantee

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again you'll not understanding

II Peter 3:10 "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."

The "elements" are not the elements that you think of, such as gold, iron, oxygen and so on, but they are the "evil rudiments" that go to make up the evil in this earth age. This includes the evil spirits, the fallen angels, and all the things and forms of idolatry that cause flesh man to sin. The time of this burning will be at God's appointed time, so this verse is addressed to all those things that go to offend our Heavenly Father.

II Peter 3:12 "Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?"

The "day of God" is the last day of the Millennium age. The elements spoken of here are those evil rudiments that were spoken of in verse ten. When the lake of fire comes into being, every thing that offends God is done away with. God's people are not going to have to put up with the things of the devil because all those evil idolatrous things will be gone. Those that have washed themselves in the blood of the Lamb, and repented of their sins in Jesus name will be taken care of no matter what comes to pass.

II Peter 3:13 "Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness."

Regardless of the testing that we may go through, God's children are looking forward to His promise of the new heavens and the new earth, where there will be no evil. This word "new " deserves a closer look, for it means freshness, rejuvenated heaven and earth. This is not another earth and another heaven, but the same earth made over, rejuvenated whereby the evil and pollution is gone. In the age of the new heaven and the new earth only the righteous and righteousness exists. Praise God, for from here on there is only happiness, joy, and the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ Returns In Fire And Final Judgement, Dissolving This Existing Earth By Fire, Immediately After The Tribulation

This Existing Heaven And Earth Will Be (Replaced) By The New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, A New Creation, At The Return Of Jesus Christ

(Behold, I Make All Things New)

Matthew 24:29-30KJV
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

1 Corinthians 3:13KJV
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9KJV
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance
on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Malachi 3:2KJV
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Psalm 46:6KJV
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

Psalm 50:3KJV
3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

Psalm 97:5KJV
5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

Isaiah 66:15KJV
15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Zechariah 14:12KJV
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Nahum 1:5-6KJV
5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.

Revelation 20:9KJV
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Lamb is already slain and is already worthy He’s been slain and worthy for almost 2000 years what else would He need to do?

I agree He is already slain. Those details are to show the Lord`s credentials for receiving the judgment scroll - the right to execute the judgments therein. Remember that the Father said to the Son, `Sit at my right hand till I make your enemies your footstool.` (Ps. 110: 1) And that has been going on for over 2,000 years. Thus what we see in Dan. 7 and Rev. 5 is the Son moving from His Father`s throne to His own throne, - authority to execute the judgments. and that is future. (Rev. 3: 21)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about everybody put aside your views of interpretations or timings of scriptures for a moment because they may be wrong and focus on what was actually said in the scriptures I provided in the OP.
That’s just the defeat of His enemies if a he’s on the throne He is ruling.

But stick to what Hebrews says He already received His power and authority so it was the same timing as the other verses in the OP.

Hello, Marty.

EWQ is correct. Your translation is somewhat flawed however, which may be influencing your theology somewhat. A proper rendering of the passage would be as follows:

13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into His Presence. 14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom (καὶ ἡ βασιλεία), that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion which shall not pass away, and His kingdom the one which shall not be destroyed (καὶ ἡ βασιλεία αὐτοῦ οὐ διαφθαρήσεται).

These statements are made in the context of Daniel prophesying about four earthly kingdoms that would rule the earth - material kingdoms, not spiritual ones. Thus, the context clearly suggests that the kingdom talked about in v.13-14 is also a reference to one that is going to be material, not spiritual.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello, Marty.

EWQ is correct. Your translation is somewhat flawed however, which may be influencing your theology somewhat. A proper rendering of the passage would be as follows:

13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into His Presence. 14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom (καὶ ἡ βασιλεία), that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion which shall not pass away, and His kingdom the one which shall not be destroyed (καὶ ἡ βασιλεία αὐτοῦ οὐ διαφθαρήσεται).

These statements are made in the context of Daniel prophesying about four earthly kingdoms that would rule the earth - material kingdoms, not spiritual ones. Thus, the context clearly suggests that the kingdom talked about in v.13-14 is also a reference to one that is going to be material, not spiritual.

Daniel 7:14 describes the same kingdom as Daniel 2:44.

That kingdom succeeded four earthly kingdoms, and was established in the days of the fourth kingdom, the Roman Empire.

It was the New Testament Kingdom of God and Heaven.

It will never be destroyed.

It will stand forever.

Last edited: