When Is Flesh Man Judged To Perish?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But who Judges? Is it not God? Is God not light and in Him there is no darkness? Is it not this light that judges the world in the personhood of the Son who is Christ. The word says they will not go to the light for fear their deeds will be made known. It is not so with us. We are supposed to have boldness to come before the throne of God knowing Him who dwells in the light. Is this not the white (pure)throne you speak of?

No, that is not the great white throne Judgment that is to take place after Christ's future "thousand years" reign. There is a specific time of future judgment of flesh born man into the "lake of fire". That "lake of fire" is different from the heavenly abode of the wicked called 'hell' in some KJV verses.

As a matter of fact, not every example of the KJV for the word "hell" is properly translated, and the Bible student should take time to do a Bible study on that in the New Testament. For example, in Matthew 10:28, the KJV "hell" is not haides, it is instead geena, which is referencing the Old Testament burning pit of the valley of Hinnom. Our Lord Jesus used that OT valley of Hinnom as a symbol for the future "lake of fire" destruction event which even the abode of hell (haides) is to go into and perish (Rev.20:14). So haides, the abode of the wicked also translated as "hell" in the KJV, like where the rich man of Luke 16 was taken to after he died, is not the future "lake of fire".

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OP DID ask the Question;
WHEN IS FLESH MAN JUDGED TO PERISH?

After the millennium Reign.
Great White Throne Judgement.

Rev 20
[11] And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

TWO Books OPENED...

One Book is Evidence of Works.
....Works of men in Books are Judged.
One Book is Evidence of Names.
.....Names in this Book Judged to eternal life..
.....Missing Names Judged for Body & Soul distruction.

[12] And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
[13] And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
[14] And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
[15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Glory to God,
Taken

Quit making up strife. I well explained my intention in the OP. And I showed from Scripture that God's GWT Judgment is after Christ's future "thousand years" reign of Rev.20, which is exactly what you just agreed with.

May God rebuke you.

D

Dave L

Jesus taught Amillennialism. If you listen to him before trying to tackle the book of Revelation, it will make far more sense than those who call for a physical kingdom as taught by the pharisees. And in teaching this, they add to the book of Revelation which carries severe consequences.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus taught Amillennialism. If you listen to him before trying to tackle the book of Revelation, it will make far more sense than those who call for a physical kingdom as taught by the pharisees. And in teaching this, they add to the book of Revelation which carries severe consequences.

The 1st century Church fathers were primarily pre-millenialists. The doctrine of Amillennialism was not the original view, and no Jesus did not teach it. The early Church fathers like Clement and Origen who taught it were of the 3rd century from the school at Alexandria, Egypt.

D

Dave L

The 1st century Church fathers were primarily pre-millenialists. The doctrine of Amillennialism was not the original view, and no Jesus did not teach it. The early Church fathers like Clement and Origen who taught it were of the 3rd century from the school at Alexandria, Egypt.
Jesus was Amillennial (no mention of a physical kingdom, only spiritual). And your pre-millennial claim is questionable and can go either way.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that is not the great white throne Judgment that is to take place after Christ's future "thousand years" reign. There is a specific time of future judgment of flesh born man into the "lake of fire". That "lake of fire" is different from the heavenly abode of the wicked called 'hell' in some KJV verses.

As a matter of fact, not every example of the KJV for the word "hell" is properly translated, and the Bible student should take time to do a Bible study on that in the New Testament. For example, in Matthew 10:28, the KJV "hell" is not haides, it is instead geena, which is referencing the Old Testament burning pit of the valley of Hinnom. Our Lord Jesus used that OT valley of Hinnom as a symbol for the future "lake of fire" destruction event which even the abode of hell (haides) is to go into and perish (Rev.20:14). So haides, the abode of the wicked also translated as "hell" in the KJV, like where the rich man of Luke 16 was taken to after he died, is not the future "lake of fire".

Isn’t hell, death, evil and the curse swallowed up in victory?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brethren need to understand about the "second death" our Lord Jesus revealed to John in the Revelation 20 Scripture. It is not a death of the flesh, it is a death of one's spirit/soul into the future "lake of fire" destruction:

Rev 20:14
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
KJV

Notice that "hell" (Greek word haides) goes into that "lake of fire" after that "thousand years" of that chapter. Hades in the KJV is put for the heavenly abode of the wicked. It is where the rich man of Luke 16 was taken to after he died and his flesh was buried, and that according to Jesus (whether He spoke a parable or whatever).

So if the abode of the wicked called hell goes into the "lake of fire", that is the destruction our Lord Jesus warned about here after one has gone through flesh death:

Matt 10:28
28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him Which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
KJV

The KJV "hell" there is the Greek word 'geena', which is referencing the Hebrew OT valley of Hinnom, a burning pit outside Jerusalem. Jesus used it as a symbol for the future destruction into the "lake of fire". He was pointing to this event above in Rev.20 of the abode of hell going into the future "lake of fire".

The first death there, i.e., "fear not them which kill the body", is about flesh death of our earthly body.

But "to destroy both soul and body in hell" is about the destruction of one's spiritual body with soul into that future "lake of fire", which is what the "second death" is.

In 1 Corinthians 15, Apostle Paul also revealed the state of the wicked dead who are resurrected to go through Christ's future thousand years reign (see John 5:28-29). Paul taught the resurrection is to a "spiritual body", a body of incorruption. But Paul showed a difference in that chapter between a resurrected soul saved by Jesus vs. a resurrected soul that is not. In John 5 Jesus called the unsaved resurrection the "resurrection of damnation". It means they will also be given resurrection bodies at His coming, but they will still be subject to the "second death" of destruction into the future "lake of fire" event after Christ's thousand years reign.

And the abode of haides, going into the future "lake of fire", shows that abode of the wicked dead will still exist after Jesus returns, because Rev.20 doesn't show its destruction until after the "thousand years".

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quit making up strife. I well explained my intention in the OP. And I showed from Scripture that God's GWT Judgment is after Christ's future "thousand years" reign of Rev.20, which is exactly what you just agreed with.

May God rebuke you.

LOL...WEIRD...

You just claimed we were in agreement, and then you say..."may God rebuke you".

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was Amillennial (no mention of a physical kingdom, only spiritual). And your pre-millennial claim is questionable and can go either way.

I disagree, and you have no Bible Scripture to back that up, whereas the Revelation 20 chapter reveals a literal thousand years period after His return ruling with His elect that went through the tribulation at the end of this present world.

D

Dave L

I disagree, and you have no Bible Scripture to back that up, whereas the Revelation 20 chapter reveals a literal thousand years period after His return ruling with His elect that went through the tribulation at the end of this present world.
You cannot understand Revelation 20 without first understanding Jesus definition of the kingdom. It is purely spiritual, not of this world.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL...WEIRD...

You just claimed we were in agreement, and then you say..."may God rebuke you".

You're the one that's weird, because you mocked my OP while what you wrote actually agreed with what I taught in my OP. You were more interested in creating some baloney about my statement about intent, and you instead showed your butt.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Acts 1:9-11
9 And when He had spoken these things, while they beheld, He was taken up; and a cloud received Him out of their sight.

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, "Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, Which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen Him go into heaven."

KJV

There's plenty of Scripture evidence to show that Jesus is coming back to this earth, de facto, and that it is not just some spiritualization or symbolic return, but a literal return to earth.

What I said was this: -
Davy, I am not a knucklehead, and I have yet to find a single verse that suggests that Christ is going to rule the earth from the face of the earth when He is given dominion over the peoples of the earth in our near future. What I read though in Rev. 20 is that he will establish a priesthood in Heaven in which He will lead the priesthood in the worship of God.

Shalom

The above acts passage that you quoted does not speak of Jesus Ruling the earth from the earth when He returns. It just tells us that Christ will return in the same manner as when he left the disciples around 2,000 years ago. When does He return? He returns at the end of the Millennium Age. What does Jesus do when He returns to the earth? He returns His dominion over the earth back to God and joins the fellow saints to worship God.

He does, however, exercises His given dominion over the peoples of the earth during the last age of the ages, but He does so predominately from Heaven.

Shalom

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot understand Revelation 20 without first understanding Jesus definition of the kingdom. It is purely spiritual, not of this world.

One really can't understand Revelation without first understanding all... of God's Word. Revelation is the back cover of God's Word, Genesis the front cover. That's why there's even so many parallels between Genesis and Revelation.

God's River was first shown us in Genesis 2. It flowed out of God's Garden of Eden to feed four other rivers on the earth, of which two of those rivers we still know today as the Euphrates and Tigris (Hiddekel). That shows God's Abode of Eden was once upon this earth! And in Revelation He promised to dwell with His people... on this earth. So He is coming back to live here, on earth. His Heavenly cube will extend down to upon the earth, as also shown in Revelation. His House is shown existing in the area of the middle east in that future time (Ezekiel 40 thru 47).

D

Dave L

One really can't understand Revelation without first understanding all... of God's Word. Revelation is the back cover of God's Word, Genesis the front cover. That's why there's even so many parallels between Genesis and Revelation.

God's River was first shown us in Genesis 2. It flowed out of God's Garden of Eden to feed four other rivers on the earth, of which two of those rivers we still know today as the Euphrates and Tigris (Hiddekel). That shows God's Abode of Eden was once upon this earth! And in Revelation He promised to dwell with His people... on this earth. So He is coming back to live here, on earth. His Heavenly cube will extend down to upon the earth, as also shown in Revelation. His House is shown existing in the area of the middle east in that future time (Ezekiel 40 thru 47).
But Jesus provides certain truths that if neglected, turn us into false teachers.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I said was this: -

The above acts passage that you quoted does not speak of Jesus Ruling the earth from the earth when He returns. It just tells us that Christ will return in the same manner as when he left the disciples around 2,000 years ago. When does He return? He returns at the end of the Millennium Age. What does Jesus do when He returns to the earth? He returns His dominion over the earth back to God and joins the fellow saints to worship God.

He does, however, exercises His given dominion over the peoples of the earth during the last age of the ages, but He does so predominately from Heaven.

Shalom

These and many more Scriptures show what you're saying is not true:

Rev 21:3
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God.
KJV

Ezek 43:6-7
6 And I heard him speaking unto me out of the house; and the man stood by me.
7 And he said unto me, 'Son of man, the place of My throne, and the place of the soles of My feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and My holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places.'

KJV

Rev 7:15-17
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple: and He That sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
17 For the Lamb Which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
KJV

Ezek 48:35
35 It was round about eighteen thousand measures: and the name of the city from that day shall be, The LORD is there.

KJV

Matt 25:31-33
31 When the Son of man shall come in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory:
32 And before Him shall be gathered all nations: and He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And He shall set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.
KJV

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word warns against false teachers.

Yes it does, and there are quite a few here that have been subjected to them, and listen to them, instead of God's Word. But this kind of thing was foretold of for the last days, and those in Christ Jesus who keep to God's Holy Writ should not be surprised by it, and should remain in His Word, checking their teachers and preachers out.

Obviously, there are many brethren that are not doing that, some who don't even open up their Bible to check out what's being preached. Today's time of many treating the Church gathering as a social club is nearing an end.

Reactions: Dave L

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're the one that's weird, because you mocked my OP while what you wrote actually agreed with what I taught in my OP. You were more interested in creating some baloney about my statement about intent, and you instead showed your butt.

LOL....I didn't mock your OP, I answered it.

Guess YOU wanted to be the ONLY one to answer your own OP.... funny.

Glory to God,
Taken

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The lake of fire is torment? Yes?