When to Leave Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would mean Light having communion with darkness, of which--truly, there should be none:

2 Corinthians 6:14
Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

I would say that more times than not, it is simply a matter of the church leaders putting their pearls out to the saints, while among them are a few tares. Which they likely tolerate somewhat with hopes that they can plant seeds, but also water and see growth.

Which is not to say that I support those leaders who enable on going sin. But, it would also be wrong not to allow time for change and to show mercy, by prematurely throwing the Book at them.

Each case is perhaps different.

I am not sure about throwing the book at them, but certainly sharing the scripture in the spirit of meekness and gentleness until it is obvious that excommunication is necessary or otherwise those in error are not convinced of your conviction to believe it is serious to repent of.

Galatians 6:1Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. 2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

And we ought to consider how those in error do not tempt others in the assembly either.

Matthew 18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. 16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. 17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

Outside the assembly so that nobody else is lead astray by the wicked, one can be patient in outreach ministry then.

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Reactions: ScottA

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can see how He will judged those saved believers left behind per the knowledge they had for not being ready with many stripes and how He will judge those saved left behind per the lack of knowledge they did not have for not being ready with lesser stripes, but they will get stripes.

You are making an assumption that the punishment here is being left behind when the rapture takes place! If they are IN CHRIST they will be caught up! And what determines how many false doctrines does it take to be left behind? How lazy does a Christian need to be? If these are sins- they were already paid for at the cross!

Remember what God has taught us:

1. We are dead and our life is hid with Christ
2. We are already seated in heavenly places.
3. We are the chosen and adopted.
4. we are predestined
5. we are foreknown
6.We have been made perfect forever already. Now God is sanctifying us.
7. We have been given eternal life
8. we have been adopted.
9. We have been born again
10. we have been given a new nature.
11. The spirit permanently indwells us.
12. the Spirit was given as a down payment oor pledge of better things to come.
13. We have once for all been translated out of the kingdom of darkness and into the kingdom of the Son of His love!
14. He has promised to never leave us or forsake us.

I could go on and on. You make God out to be so merciful while He is calling His children out from darkness, then when we are children He becokmes a cruel Father willing to throw you under the bus if you screw up in certain ways! That is not the God found in the bible!

Reactions: friend of

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what Peter was talking about by enduring to the end in being saved from that fire that is coming on the earth. 2 Peter 3:3-18

that is the great white throne judgment and Christians will not be at that judgment. You forget that sin is no longer an issue for placement in heaven or hell! Jesus is the acceptable sacrifice for all mens sins.

One does not go to the lake of fire because they are sinners! No they go because they rejected Jesus. Period.

We as believers have already passed from death to life. we will no longer be judged for sine- Jesus was judged and punished for all our sins! There is no more punishment to be had for a believers sins! We will stand beforfe teh bema seat judgment of God and be judged for teh works we did in HIs name whether they are gold silver, precious stones or wood hay and stubble.

If a believer does "good works" but they are ot Gods Works, they will all be burned up- He will have no rewards but as Paul wrote- He will be saved!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I assure you that the tongues of angels will not be gibberish nonsense as found in the occult in Isaiah 8:19, but there is no necessity to speak the tongues of angels when they can understand us quite well without it because they can speak our language. It is an exaggeration since we are not to speak to angels in the first place so why speak in tongues of angels? So Paul is giving a hyperbole of something he can do as if he can speak all the languages of men and of angels but have not love... then he is just noise.

Well as I never implied that tongues of angels is gibberish, that is you simply making assumptions of what I actually did write.

Then Paul went on to another hyperbole, another exaggeration where he would have the gift of prophecy and understand all mysteries and have all knowledge and have the faith to move mountains, but have not love, he is nothing still.

So Paul is not saying he has those tongues or those other things, but emphasizing how important love is to those exaggerated things.

Certainly Paul has not bestow all his goods to feed the poor and has given his body to be burned, for surely that would be a miracle for how he is writing this! Paul has become the Ghost Writer!!! But no. It is about citing extreme examples to show that if we did all those things, and have not love, we are nothing.

It is not a hyperbole, but a linguistic tool to compare and contrast deeds versus love. Basic understanding of Greek shows that. He is simply saying that if someone did all they could and had not love- those works mean nothing. You are making assumptions without evidence.

Not sure how many modern day tongue speakers agree with you on that as some do apply these two verses as if they are allowed to in service.

well I am simply showing what teh bible states as fact. How and what people believe about the gift is another matter for another thread.

Now you see the truth that there should not be any one praying in tongues during service, and yet you have to ask yourself, why would God do that? Answer; He wouldn't.

People shouldn't be p[raying in the local language during service either.

Just as He would not manifest tongues in women to break the Lord's commandment for them not to speak in church either.

I know some fake tongues to fit in, some fake tongues to draw attention to themselves, but there is a pagan supernatural tongue in the world that is just gibberish nonsense as scripture confirms as existing before Pentecost in the occult Isaiah 8:19.

Isaiah 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?

Once again you are speaking of a misuse in churches today and ignoring what teh bible says.

as for tongues in the OT Satan has always been a counterfeiter. He imitates all the Lord does!

God's gift of tongues is for speaking unto the people and we ae to hold fast that which is good, but shun praying in tongues because it sounds the same as the pagan supernatural tongue as found in the world.

Believers excuse it as saying well Satan copy cat God's tongues. but no. The real God's gift of tongues IS for speaking unto the people and when it is not coming with interpretation and thus assumed for private use is when they should have discerned instead, that it not of Him at all to shun it.

And you are confusing speaking with praying. They are tow different actions! Paul said He both spoke and prayed in tongues! and as we should not be praying in tongues in church- think about it, you are intelligent.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are making an assumption that the punishment here is being left behind when the rapture takes place! If they are IN CHRIST they will be caught up! And what determines how many false doctrines does it take to be left behind? How lazy does a Christian need to be? If these are sins- they were already paid for at the cross!

Remember what God has taught us:

1. We are dead and our life is hid with Christ
2. We are already seated in heavenly places.
3. We are the chosen and adopted.
4. we are predestined
5. we are foreknown
6.We have been made perfect forever already. Now God is sanctifying us.
7. We have been given eternal life
8. we have been adopted.
9. We have been born again
10. we have been given a new nature.
11. The spirit permanently indwells us.
12. the Spirit was given as a down payment oor pledge of better things to come.
13. We have once for all been translated out of the kingdom of darkness and into the kingdom of the Son of His love!
14. He has promised to never leave us or forsake us.

I could go on and on. You make God out to be so merciful while He is calling His children out from darkness, then when we are children He becokmes a cruel Father willing to throw you under the bus if you screw up in certain ways! That is not the God found in the bible!

I believe God knows when a believer is mocking Him when sowing to the works of the flesh, thinking he can get away with it without reaping corruption as a result; hence the warning from a loving Father in Heaven.

Galatians 6:1Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. 2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. 9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. 10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

There does seem to be a guideline for contentions in the church.

Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. 10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; 11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

Not sure how or if that also applies to outward ministry as well. At some point, when someone cannot hear, we are to dust our feet off.

Matthew 10:13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you. 14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. 15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

I reckon we can trust the Lord Jesus Christ to guide us in these matters as well and help us to do the Father's will when it is time.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is the great white throne judgment and Christians will not be at that judgment. You forget that sin is no longer an issue for placement in heaven or hell! Jesus is the acceptable sacrifice for all mens sins.

One does not go to the lake of fire because they are sinners! No they go because they rejected Jesus. Period.

We as believers have already passed from death to life. we will no longer be judged for sine- Jesus was judged and punished for all our sins! There is no more punishment to be had for a believers sins! We will stand beforfe teh bema seat judgment of God and be judged for teh works we did in HIs name whether they are gold silver, precious stones or wood hay and stubble.

If a believer does "good works" but they are ot Gods Works, they will all be burned up- He will have no rewards but as Paul wrote- He will be saved!

Being in unrepentant sin or iniquity is an issue for placement within the kingdom of heaven because they will become vessels unto dishonor in His House for not departing from iniquity just as those who do depart from iniquity are the vessels unto honor in His House.

2 Timothy 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

Since God is judging His House first per 1 Peter 4:17, then where do vessels unto dishonor comes from that are in His House that they would be considered as dishonorable? Being in iniquity. And yet any believer being found in iniquity that denies Him is why He will deny them.

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

2 Timothy 2:11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

So Him denying saved believers is how He will excommunicate those in iniquity for how they become vessels unto dishonor but still in His House.

So that foundation remains as that seal of adoption does too for why He will burn off of that foundation all that offends and defiles that temple of God as He will finish His work even in those left behind, as He is the Good Shepherd to restore the wayward to the path of righteousness for His name's sake.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well as I never implied that tongues of angels is gibberish, that is you simply making assumptions of what I actually did write.

Referring to tongues of angels as other tongue speakers do to justify praying in tongues is why I clarified that gibberish nonsense is not that, as many assume tongues that are not coming with interpretation, has to be for private use without actually discerning that it is not of Him at all and it is that praying in tongues that I consider as gibberish nonsense; not that you did.

It is not a hyperbole, but a linguistic tool to compare and contrast deeds versus love. Basic understanding of Greek shows that. He is simply saying that if someone did all they could and had not love- those works mean nothing. You are making assumptions without evidence.

Is not a hyperbole a linguistic tool?

well I am simply showing what teh bible states as fact. How and what people believe about the gift is another matter for another thread.

You are stating an assumptions as read into scripture as others have done that is going against the plain truths as found in other scripture.

People shouldn't be praying in the local language during service either.

But they do.

Once again you are speaking of a misuse in churches today and ignoring what teh bible says.

Maybe the ones you agree on with me as misuse, but apparently we are not agreeing on that tongues are not for private use.

as for tongues in the OT Satan has always been a counterfeiter. He imitates all the Lord does!

You have that backwards. Satan's tongues is gibberish nonsense that has existed before Pentecost as confirmed by scripture in Isaiah 8:19 for why God's gift of tongues which is of other men's lips t speak unto the people is not going to be turned around to speaking gibberish for why there is no interpretation as if being redirected back to God. That would make God the copy cat sounding like the devil's tongue and for that tongue to be not understood by any one nor interpreted that it bears no fruit, makes God the author of confusion; which He is neither.

And you are confusing speaking with praying. They are tow different actions! Paul said He both spoke and prayed in tongues! and as we should not be praying in tongues in church- think about it, you are intelligent.

Going to take a miracle for you to see this. Read all of these verses in the context of the message given that Paul is stressing how God's gft of tongues will come with interpretation for why the tongue speaker is to pray that someone will interpret that tongie so the tongue speaker may understand it too for that tongue to be fruitful to the tongue speaker.

1 Corinthians 14:9 So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air. 10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification. 11 Therefore if I know not the meaning of the voice, I shall be unto him that speaketh a barbarian, and he that speaketh shall be a barbarian unto me.

12 Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church.

13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret. 14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

It is not the Holy Spirit praying. The holy Spirit is manifesting tongues thru Paul but Paul is praying that some one will interpret that tongue.

Do NOT read verse 14 as if verse 13 does not exist, because verse 13 is what Paul is meaning in verse 14.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Luke 12:40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. 41 Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all?

Now ask Jesus for wisdom to see how Jesus answers Peter's question.

42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.

So Jesus is addressing all saved believers and not just His disciples to be ready or else.

45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; 46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

We know He is warning all saved believers that are not ready by how they will get cut off to have their "portions" with unbelievers on earth.

47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

We can see how He will judged those saved believers left behind per the knowledge they had for not being ready with many stripes and how He will judge those saved left behind per the lack of knowledge they did not have for not being ready with lesser stripes, but they will get stripes.

So I can see the urgency for why Jesus is warning believers to be ready by trusting Him to get them ready & willing to go or else.

49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?

That is what Peter was talking about by enduring to the end in being saved from that fire that is coming on the earth. 2 Peter 3:3-18
Paul referring to a 'castaway' is referring to a declined quality of service rather than to any supposed loss of salvation or missing of the rapture.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul referring to a 'castaway' is referring to a declined quality of service rather than to any supposed loss of salvation or missing of the rapture.

No loss of salvation, but there is a missing out of the rapture if a believer is found in iniquity which denies Him for why He is denying them.

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

2 Timothy 2:11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

Although denied by Him to attend the Marriage supper above and thus excommunicated as left behind to earth to die, their spirits will be with the Lord in heaven to await for their resurrection after the great tribulation as vessels unto dishonor in His House, vessels of wood & earth, for not looking to Him for forgiveness and His help to depart from iniquity and be found abiding in Him & His words before He comes as the Bridegroom.

Since churches are to excommunicate the unrepentant carnal but saved believer & former but still saved believers to not even eat with them, then that is what God will do too.

1 Corinthians 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: 8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: 10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. 11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? 13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe God knows when a believer is mocking Him when sowing to the works of the flesh, thinking he can get away with it without reaping corruption as a result; hence the warning from a loving Father in Heaven.

Yes He does- so we must leave it to Him to judge.

There does seem to be a guideline for contentions in the church.

For contentions in teh church, yes! For trying to read the thoughts and intent of anothers heart- no! It takes humble questioning to discover if they will reveal it.

Not sure how or if that also applies to outward ministry as well. At some point, when someone cannot hear, we are to dust our feet off.

This is for the elders in teh church setting and for us in evangelical situations.

I reckon we can trust the Lord Jesus Christ to guide us in these matters as well and help us to do the Father's will when it is time.

I have a paraphrased saying to deal with all people I try to live to for it is biblical : Love em all with christs Love and let god sort out the best!

Referring to tongues of angels as other tongue speakers do to justify praying in tongues is why I clarified that gibberish nonsense is not that, as many assume tongues that are not coming with interpretation, has to be for private use without actually discerning that it is not of Him at all and it is that praying in tongues that I consider as gibberish nonsense; not that you did.

I dare say most tongue speaking to day is not the gift of tongues, but religious fervor due to teh sect one is in.

Is not a hyperbole a linguistic tool?

Yes it is, just not used where you say it is used. Construct and words identify things like hyperbole, euphemisms, idioms colloquialisms etc.

You are stating an assumptions as read into scripture as others have done that is going against the plain truths as found in other scripture.

Well given that issues of tongues is only found in early acts and here in corinth- their words carry great weight. Acts shows a demonstration and corinthians an explanation

But they do.

Doesn't make it any more right than people praying in tongues during a sewrvice.

Maybe the ones you agree on with me as misuse, but apparently we are not agreeing on that tongues are not for private use.

Well we know the bible forbids praying in tongues in the church. speaking in tongues is okay. So if praying in tongues is not for the public worship-where does it fit??????

14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

This is in the prayer closet!

You have that backwards. Satan's tongues is gibberish nonsense that has existed before Pentecost as confirmed by scripture in Isaiah 8:19 for why God's gift of tongues which is of other men's lips t speak unto the people is not going to be turned around to speaking gibberish for why there is no interpretation as if being redirected back to God. That would make God the copy cat sounding like the devil's tongue and for that tongue to be not understood by any one nor interpreted that it bears no fruit, makes God the author of confusion; which He is neither.

Not all occultic tongues are pure gibberish. I know I was part of it!

Going to take a miracle for you to see this. Read all of these verses in the context of the message given that Paul is stressing how God's gft of tongues will come with interpretation for why the tongue speaker is to pray that someone will interpret that tongie so the tongue speaker may understand it too for that tongue to be fruitful to the tongue speaker.

Already seen it! I sewe Paul speaking of praying in tongues and speaking in tongues. If you have some definition that shows praying and speaking are teh same, that would be the miracle you think I need if you list it!

It is not the Holy Spirit praying. The holy Spirit is manifesting tongues thru Paul but Paul is praying that some one will interpret that tongue.

I don't! I recognize that paul is giving several instructions here. Public utterances, then he segways to private utterances in verses 14 And 15 posted above!

If you wish to believe there is no such thing as a prayer tongue, that is your privilege! If you want to bash your brethren and imply they will not be raptured because they gfrew up with bad teaching- I pity you!

Being in unrepentant sin or iniquity is an issue for placement within the kingdom of heaven because they will become vessels unto dishonor in His House for not departing from iniquity just as those who do depart from iniquity are the vessels unto honor in His House.

And there you have it! they are children, just disobedient children. but when teh rapture comes- they go as well. for it is not our level of achievement, but the blood applied that guarentees our rapture.

Since God is judging His House first per 1 Peter 4:17, then where do vessels unto dishonor comes from that are in His House that they would be considered as dishonorable? Being in iniquity. And yet any believer being found in iniquity that denies Him is why He will deny them.

They come from planet earth! they are just as saved as vessels of honor! Our salvation is 100% based on Jesus plus nothing! rewards anbd placement is based on our obedience.

So Him denying saved believers is how He will excommunicate those in iniquity for how they become vessels unto dishonor but still in His House.

And Scripture teaaches He will never deny saved believers. He promised in Hebrews to never leave us or forsake us! He will never deny His own! He also said in John He will not lose on that the Father has given Him. You just can't lose your salvation!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well we know the bible forbids praying in tongues in the church. speaking in tongues is okay. So if praying in tongues is not for the public worship-where does it fit??????

14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

This is in the prayer closet!

How can it be a prayer closet if Paul needs an interpretation for him to understand it for that tongue to be fruitful to himself in the assembly?

Verses 14-15 is about the topic of why tongues in the assembly is to come with interpretation for Paul to understand it & be fruitful.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can it be a prayer closet if Paul needs an interpretation for him to understand it for that tongue to be fruitful to himself in the assembly?

Verses 14-15 is about the topic of why tongues in the assembly is to come with interpretation for Paul to understand it & be fruitful.

Paul said this:

Paul here is talking about himself alone!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
21139_632023bc3dc093f523eb808dffceeda8.png

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When a church teaches there are many paths to GOD and that all religions are serving the same GOD
Well , READ the above gem . THEY are liars and the truth is not in them . LEAVE that place and dont look back and take whoever
you can with you . Get out , Come ye out from amongst them and touch not the unclean lie .

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul said this:

Paul here is talking about himself alone!

No. Paul is not. He is explaining in verse 15 why he needs interpretation from another so he would understand the tongue himself or else in regards to verse 14, the tongue is unfruitful to himself

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Paul is not. He is explaining in verse 15 why he needs interpretation from another so he would understand the tongue himself or else in regards to verse 14, the tongue is unfruitful to himself

Whatever1 This is a pointless discussion anyway.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever1 This is a pointless discussion anyway.

In John exhortation to test the spirits in 1 John 4:1-4 he also said to test the tongues that those spirits bring in 1 John 4:5-6 There is a supernatural tongue in the world that is just gibberish nonsense for why believers should not assume their tongue not coming with interpretation is for private use.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In John exhortation to test the spirits in 1 John 4:1-4 he also said to test the tongues that those spirits bring in 1 John 4:5-6 There is a supernatural tongue in the world that is just gibberish nonsense for why believers should not assume their tongue not coming with interpretation is for private use.

Just because Satan uses something for evil, does not make the thing evil itself. God looks upon the heart. A persons tongue may or may not be. I will not assume on them unless God makes it abundantly clear!

If someone is a Pentecostal, they have far more serious issues than tongues. But this I do know, if a person desires to worship God with tongues, God looks upon the heart and not the outside! If I am tasked with discipling them I will gently instruct them and let God sort it out! If their tongues is not from God, He will show it and in the right time rid them of it.