When You See the Abomination of Desolation Stand in the Holy Place

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
- The Church during the period of Smyrna did experience ten years of severe persecution under Diocletian (303-313 A. D.). In fact, it was this period of persecution which led to Constantine’s famous Edict of Milan in 313 A. D.
This I've heard before, and it would argue towards a day meaning a year.

Was there an imprisonments of some of them for 10 days? Is it possible Jesus meant imprisoned for 10 days? And not a 10 year persecution?

Much love!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he removeth kings, and setteth up kings:

@marks …(imo) the stars that fall to the earth, their lights put out (distinguished). he even gives a number similar to that of the angels that are fallen. Is it a third?Luke 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. And it was dark. But He set a New Light by no other Light of the Lamb of God…Christ. In “let your light shine” He is The Light that shines into the darkness.

James 3:5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

Revelation 13:4-6 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? [5] And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. [6] And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

saying God is not in them and walks in them! Yet we look for another Temple to sacrifice our fatted sacrifices in before men.

Reactions: Waiting on him

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
- A decree to build and restore Jerusalem was given in the year 457 B. C. Jesus was anointed in the year 27 A. D. Jesus did die in the spring of the year AD 31 Stephen was stoned in the fall of the year 34 A. D.
Have you read Sir Robert Anderson, "The Coming Prince"? He does an excellent treatment, I think, of the prophecy of Daniel's weeks.

What importance do you ascribe to the date of Stephen's death? How do we know when he died?

Much love!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But He set a New Light by no other Light of the Lamb of God…Christ.

Revelation 21:22-27 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. [23] And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. [24] And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. [25] And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. [26] And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. [27] And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Isaiah 52:1-3 Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean. [2] Shake thyself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem: loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion. [3] For thus saith the Lord, Ye have sold yourselves for nought; and ye shall be redeemed without money.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 26:65 KJV
[65] Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
- Churches were closed and Bibles were forbidden in France during the French Revolution for about three and one half years (March of 1793 A. D. to November of 1797 A. D.).
About three and half years?

I'd again ask, what particular prophecy is fulfilled in this about 3.5 years or so? Would you quote the passage or passages that are fulfilled in these things you've listed?

Or a few? That's why I've been replying piecemeal, to try to break it into bite sized pieces.

That's how I like to look at these things, to quote the prophecy, and show the fulfillment.

Much love!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the scriptures conclude this is exactly what He did. In reguards to their earthly temple and their earthly god.

I don’t know. Wouldn’t say He spoke blasphemy against God but they were the boasters of great things agains Him. That they tore it down of themselves.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 21:22-27 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. [23] And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. [24] And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. [25] And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. [26] And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. [27] And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Isaiah 52:1-3 Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean. [2] Shake thyself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem: loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion. [3] For thus saith the Lord, Ye have sold yourselves for nought; and ye shall be redeemed without money.
John 10:33-35 KJV
[33] The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. [34] Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? [35] If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know. Wouldn’t say He spoke blasphemy against God but they were the boasters of great things agains Him. That they tore it down of themselves.
[33] The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. [34] Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? [35] If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

see what your saying but still I think they took it and ran with it, and manifested what was in their hearts to kill, steal, and destroy.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see what your saying but still I think they took it and ran with it, and manifested what was in their hearts to kill, steal, and destroy.
I’m not stupid, I realize how radical all of this sounds,,,, because it flies in the face of their god.

I blaspheme their temple and their god.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is we?

?

to be honest …probably me. Some days I’m so messed up in the head. Again to be honest and it isn’t pretty on my part because it feels like jealousy…I would say those that no matter how many times it is brought up concerning God building His temple that growth up in Christ; there is always that which argues against it with “yeah but”. Again to be honest do you know how many times any are slammed as “that Spiritual crap” rejecting it…as if it is a negative thing. Let someone speak of physical healings. Or miracles and it is widely received if there is benefits for the physical …calling it Spiritual. But regarding the Word you better take it literal and read it through a filter of the physical, or Spiritual becomes an evil thing.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to be honest …probably me. Some days I’m so messed up in the head. Again to be honest and it isn’t pretty on my part because it feels like jealousy…I would say those that no matter how many times it is brought up concerning God building His temple that growth up in Christ; there is always that which argues against it with “yeah but”. Again to be honest do you know how many times any are slammed as “that Spiritual crap” rejecting it…as if it is a negative thing. Let someone speak of physical healings. Or miracles and it is widely received if there is benefits for the physical …calling it Spiritual. But regarding the Word you better take it literal and read it through a filter of the physical, or Spiritual becomes an evil thing.
Dust to dust. Into the Potters ground.