When You See the Abomination of Desolation Stand in the Holy Place

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the same way, I likewise propose that days and years are just that, days and years. I've encountered a number of people over the years with a variety of formulas in calculating prophetic times. Some with very intricate formulas, some simple.

It seems there are many who will see, "To the Lord a day is as a 1000 years, and a 1000 years as a day", and read it as, "In prophetic narrative compute every day to be 1000 years."

Clearly this is not true as a blanket formula given by God to understand prophecy.

"Just as Jonah was 3 days and 3 nights in the belly of the fish, so the Son of Man will be 3 days and 3 nights in the heart of the earth."

"And on the third day He will rise again."

Jesus was not in the grave for 3000 years.

And in fact what I find is that no one suggests He was, and all acknowledge, if only tacitly, that they apply this rule as they wish, to this but not to that, according to their own determination.

I propose that we look at prophetic narrative in the normal way we understand language, holding to both sequence and duration as stated. Just what the Bible says, not more, not less.

Much love!
Correct my friend . What we know for sure is this , Inquity has sky rocketed , the love of many has waxed cold
many false prophets have arisen . We should all reread mathew twenty four , mark thirteen , luke seventeen and twenty one .
Then read on first timothy chapter four , second timothy chapter three . Read what both peter and jude also said .
We dont understand it all , but we ought to be able to SEE the signs of the times . and them signs are showing me
WATCH and be ready , for ye know not the hour your LORD does come .
Be alert and on guard for many decievers abound all over the place . EVEN WHEN JESUS own desciples asked
him about the end , HIS FIRST RESPONSE WAS , DONT BE DECIEVED , FOR MANY false ones shall arise and shall decieve many .
GUESS what , THEY DOING JUST THAT RIGHT NOW .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should all reread mathew twenty four , mark thirteen , luke seventeen and twenty one .
Then read on first timothy chapter four , second timothy chapter three . Read what both peter and jude also said .
Until we know them better than the back of our hands!

Much love!

Reactions: amigo de christo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I'm saying that God used a physical structure (the temple) to foreshadow the Plan of Salvation.....this plan the Jewish nation has denied and rejected in favour of the investing value into the physical and thereby denying the spiritual. Christianity at large is in the same danger.
You've kind of lost me.

What is this passage about? In II Thes 2?

Much love!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why wouldn't Paul just say those things if that were what he meant?

Why would he say the man of sin sits in the temple of God showing himself to be God, and that within an eschatological context, if what he were really intending to communicate that we are ruled by our flesh until we are reborn, or something like that? Considering that he wrote much content just like that, detailed, clearly stated, about our spiritual realities?

And then there is the other question.

Much love!
Thank you for your thoughtful replies, marks.

Why would he say the man of sin sits in the temple of God showing himself to be God, and that within an eschatological context, if what he were really intending to communicate that we are ruled by our flesh until we are reborn, or something like that? Considering that he wrote much content just like that, detailed, clearly stated, about our spiritual realities
Paul is perceiving that which starting in his day had not been fully developed. He looks down the corridor of future history seeing the subversive principles birthing in his day reach maturity down the track.

If God were intending to tell us that there would be a man of sin who would be counterfeiting God in a temple built for God, I'm wondering, how would He go about saying that?

Paul says so plainly, that we (God's people...whoever they are) are his temple.

It is a battle being waged is for the heart of man. Our affections, our hope, our focus, our emphasis is all being targeted by the evil one....to subvert, to misrepresent, to rely on that which is not reliable.....both on an individual and corporate level.

Reactions: Waiting on him

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I'm saying that God used a physical structure (the temple) to foreshadow the Plan of Salvation.....
Does this mean then that you do not think God will be doing more of that? Using material foreshadowings, yet to come?

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've kind of lost me.

Much love!
I think what he might be saying is a lot of nar christains who are lost as can be , yeah dont follow the nar ones either
Are getting our hopes in the abraham faith accord and into this new jewish physical temple .
IF i had a dime for all the times i hear preachers saying the jews are the children o GOD
, some even saying no need to witness to them they GODS KIDDOS they saved already .
What a crock of dung that lie is . Paul who was A JEW said these are not the children of GOD
ONLY THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN JESUS are the children of GOD , which includes both jews and gentiles .
OUR KINGDOM is above my friend . THE JERUSALM OF GOD is above . THE ONE here is in bondage .
But folks love that abraham accord . THOUGH What a LIE IT IS .
What did JESUS tell the jews . Folks we getting duped into a false hope , a false city , a false temple
Its getting real bad in christendom . OH one day the city really will descend in that area .
But for now ANTI CHRIST WILL SIT OVER IT . AS does HIS SPIRIT RIGHT NOW . JUST as it does over the world RIGHT NOW .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've kind of lost me.

Much love!
OH that passage . yeah that sounds like he gonna sit in a real temple built by hands . An all inclusive temple
that accepts all religoins .

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You've kind of lost me.

Much love!
Paul is seeing down the corridor of history. He is explaining the development (progressive in abomination ie, misrepresentation) of a counterfeit system embodied corporately and individually.

Reactions: marks

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I desire not money , but if i had a nickle for every time the false ones hollered that false unity
I could feed the world ten times over . GET YA MINDS OFF WORLD PEACE AND UNITY
AND get your minds OFF this lets just hug and get along and find common ground . RICK WARREN is slave to ROME
HE was even before he wrote his purpose driven lie . IT WAS ALL PLANNED OUT .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just for the record, I think a temple will be built in Jerusalem following the Gog/Magog destruction, at which time the church is raptured, during the 70th week of Daniel.

Following seeing their enemies destroyed by fire from heaven, Israel will build their temple, which they already have prepared, with no one to stop them, and a massive display from God. Ezekiel records an earthquake at that time which starts in Israel and spreads throughout the earth. I imagine some will say this earthquake is something other than the earth itself quaking, but I'll stick with that.

The church is raptured, the Jews are worshiping in their temple, the 2 witnesses are prophesying, and the beast is rising. The witnesses will be killed, the son of perdition sits in their temple, and those who will heed Jesus' words flee from Jerusalem and Judea, to the wilderness, to be nourished there by God.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul is seeing down the corridor of history. He is explaining the development (progressive in abomination ie, misrepresentation) of a counterfeit system embodied corporately and individually.
Yeah . ITS HERE . look around real good . THE ALL INCLUSIVE R DOULBLE C led lie . ITS GONNA gather everything in its web of deceit .
JESUS is getting sold out for a false love , a false unity . A false reconcilation .
Would you like me to explain what i mean by false RECONCILATION .
GOOD , i thought you would .
LOOK around at their reconcilation . And remember this , the only and i do mean only way
that man can be reconciled to GOD is IN CHRIST .
BUT their reconcilation aint about that , ITS ABOUT RECONCILING the people together . LET US JUST JOIN TOGETHER AND HAVE UNITY .
They go around apologizing to the gay community . THEY are all about reconciling EARTHLY RELTATIONSHIP .
WE ARE ONE . WE ARE ONE , WE ALL GODS KIDDOS , COME LET US HOLD HANDS AND FIND COMMON GROUND .
What a sick twisted lie . Sorry for all the caps . But this false unity must be exposed .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great answer! Succinct! I love it!

OK, my next question would be, how does that fit into the surrounding context about the day not coming, and like that?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I desire not money , but if i had a nickle for every time the false ones hollered that false unity
I could feed the world ten times over . GET YA MINDS OFF WORLD PEACE AND UNITY
AND get your minds OFF this lets just hug and get along and find common ground . RICK WARREN is slave to ROME
HE was even before he wrote his purpose driven lie . IT WAS ALL PLANNED OUT .
Just so you know . . . I do not accept NAR doctrine.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just for the record, I think a temple will be built in Jerusalem following the Gog/Magog destruction, at which time the church is raptured, during the 70th week of Daniel.

Following seeing their enemies destroyed by fire from heaven, Israel will build their temple, which they already have prepared, with no one to stop them, and a massive display from God. Ezekiel records an earthquake at that time which starts in Israel and spreads throughout the earth. I imagine some will say this earthquake is something other than the earth itself quaking, but I'll stick with that.

The church is raptured, the Jews are worshiping in their temple, the 2 witnesses are prophesying, and the beast is rising. The witnesses will be killed, the son of perdition sits in their temple, and those who will heed Jesus' words flee from Jerusalem and Judea, to the wilderness, to be nourished there by God.

Much love!
Speaking of Gog and magog . Ponder on this my dear friend .
You notice how it says in ezzekial they go up to an unwalled place , a people at rest .
Go to revelation . THE ONLY TIME GOG and magog is mentioned . IS AFTER the thousand years . After .
Very interesting indeed .

Reactions: Jay Ross

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Basically you are saying this speaks of something that is happening metaphorically on an individual level through the ages? Do I understand correctly?

Much love!
It is happening in real terms the which is represented by metaphor ie man of sin, temple, daily sacrifice etc

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OH that passage . yeah that sounds like he gonna sit in a real temple built by hands . An all inclusive temple
that accepts all religoins .
I think it will be more about only one to be worshiped, the beast. No other religion will be tolerated. The harlot will incorporate all idolatrous worship, the beast will demand worship only for itself.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just so you know . . . I do not accept NAR doctrine.

Much love!
Well that makes my soul happy . I suspect you dont accept EMERGENT lies either . Watch out for the southern baptist convention
they too have sold out . And i have a strong hunch you dont follow the false prosperity gospel , nor liberal theology .
Watch out cause even the evangelicals are selling us out my friend .
I have good news though . THE LAMBS are GONNA FOLLOW JESUS . YES WE ARE . LET THE KING BE PRAISED .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking of Gog and magog . Ponder on this my dear friend .
You notice how it says in ezzekial they go up to an unwalled place , a people at rest .
Go to revelation . THE ONLY TIME GOG and magog is mentioned . IS AFTER the thousand years . After .
Very interesting indeed .
There is a 7 year timeline in Ezekiel 38-39 ending with Jesus' second coming, the gathering of Israel to their land.

We can look through it if you wish.

Much love!