When You See the Abomination of Desolation Stand in the Holy Place

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He’s already returned. We are His body.
the return the scripture speaks of is as was promised in Acts 1:9-11

9After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.

10They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11“Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

9After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.
Interesting, your not the body of Christ?

10They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11“Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And in acts two he returned and they became the body of Christ.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 12:12 KJV
[12] For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 144,000 are the first fruits not the last fruits.

the first redeemed, otherwise we have a big problem.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So how is He in you? Can’t have it both ways.
CAUSE WE HAVE THE COMFORTER .
WHEN paul spoke of HIS coming , DID PAUL NOT YET HAVE THE SPIRIT O CHRIST in HIM . YES HE DID .
JESUS will surely come and for those who were watching what a joy ride up to the KING .
But for those who said MY LORD delays HIS COMING or HE ALREADY CAME , that is one dangerous boat to be in my friend .
THIS WORLD aint HOME . PRAISE GOD FOR THE DAY JESUS DOES COME . YEAH i say PRAISE GOD .
TILL THEN let us all be busy winning souls and building up the church .

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The heart of man is the eternal throne of Christ.
Revelation 21:3 KJV
[3] And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
1 Corinthians 3:16-19 KJV
[16] Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? [17] If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. [18] Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. [19] For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHEN paul spoke of HIS coming , DID PAUL NOT YET HAVE THE SPIRIT O CHRIST in HIM . YES HE DID .
JESUS will surely come and for those who were watching what a joy ride up to the KING .
But for those who said MY LORD delays HIS COMING or HE ALREADY CAME , that is one dangerous boat to be in my friend .
THIS WORLD aint HOME . PRAISE GOD FOR THE DAY JESUS DOES COME . YEAH i say PRAISE GOD .
So your answer is Christ isn’t in you?

in reguards to Paul he mane it real clear that it was Christ in him that performed the works, I believe what you are referring to is those of that age he was delivering the gospel to whom had yet received Christ.

Try again please.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Changing scripture to support your argument is what is dangerous. I refer to this as taking the Lords name in vain.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So in other words the two men in white said. Be comfortable you will see Him return the same way he was taken from you. Or was this scripture written for me to read 2000 years later to sit here waiting to see a bodily Jesus return as countless billions have done for the past two millennia saying I’m gonna see him.

When does the foolishness end and men begin to receive the truth?

I wasn’t standing there watching Him ascend, why on earth would I be so presumptuous as to believe the men in white were not speaking to those in front of them insisting you’ll see Him return this same way.

you see how simple this is?

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Thessalonians 2:7 KJV
[7] For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

this ain’t talking about the Holy Spirit

Reactions: Marty fox

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let the reader understand. What should they understand?

Matthew 24:15-30 KJV
15) When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)
16) Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
17) Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18) Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19) And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20) But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21) For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22) And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
23) Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24) For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25) Behold, I have told you before.
26) Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27) For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28) For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
29) Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30) And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

The AOD,
Then the great tribulation
Then Jesus comes.

This is end of age.

People will be able to see it, and respond with material action.

This is visible behavior.

There are a number of different understandings of what the Abomination of Desolation is. What's yours?

Mine is basically that the Man of Sin, the one who will lead the empire of the beast, will sit in the rebuilt Jewish temple, proclaiming himself God.

Do you agree?

Much love!

The AOD was the Roman army in 70AD notice the similarities below?

Matthew 24:15-21
15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’ spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the housetopgo down to take anything out of the house. 18 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath.21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.

Luke 21:20-24
20 “When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city. 22 For this is the time of punishment in fulfillment of all that has been written. 23 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! There will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people. 24 They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

The Christians left Jerusalem when they had an open window when the Roman army first surrounded Jerusalem and then for reasons unknown retreated and then later returned.

The warning Jesus gave them was that what happened in Daniels prediction of the desecration of the temple by Antiochus Epehanies would happen again but this time there wouldn’t be someone like Judas Maccabee to save them.