Where did Satan get his authority over the "world"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pharmboy

Jun 19, 2010
Lubbock, Tx
I think this is something a lot of people wonder about. The New Testament calls Satan the "god of this world". He also offers the kingdoms of this world to Christ (where would be the temptation in that if he were not able to deliver them). Where did satan get his authority over the world of men (if it was originally Adams)? If we take it from the garden of Eden then how is it that Adams authority automatically reverts to Satan if he sins? How is it that Satan is the beneficiary (next in line)? And why would Satan know that he benefits from Adams fall? The answer to this question has a direct bearing on how we see the death and resurrection of Christ. I am specifically referring to the ransom theory (is God really paying Satan for our freedom?). I also think that the way we answer this question will make a difference on the level of gnostic influence (dualism) in the modern church. Is Satan Gods antithesis (alter ego, opposite equal, etc...)? While I do not believe that Satan is Gods equal I see a lot of people who are close to this belief in the church. Sadly, this tends to make people question Gods all poweful authority.

Good luck

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
I also think that the way we answer this question will make a difference on the level of gnostic influence (dualism) in the modern church. Is Satan Gods antithesis (alter ego, opposite equal, etc...)? While I do not believe that Satan is Gods equal I see a lot of people who are close to this belief in the church. Sadly, this tends to make people question Gods all poweful authority.

JB: You sound like a "Sovereignty of God" man to me. Indeed much Gnostic belief has emerged since the onset of dispensationalism. Well meaning but ignorant brethren ascribe to much to so-called Satan's abilities. Not being able to divide the word of God correctly leaves a hole in one's belief & practice & alas, only to be filled by a substitute belief, which is NO faith at all...

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Satan was probably in the garden at one time
Now his stomping ground is down here
Sounds like the world is "all his"

Except for the people who belong to Jesus.
Jesus purchased them from out of the devils world

Pharmboy

Jun 19, 2010
Lubbock, Tx
I guess it comes down to two main questions:

1. What is Satan? Including what is his place in Gods creation?

2. How did he gain legitimate authority over the "world"? If it were not legitimate then we could all simply ignore the claim that he is the "god" of this world and, I suppose from a couple of theological perspectives, Jesus would not have had to die on our behalf.

Answering these questions makes a world of difference in how you interpret not only the Bible, but events in your own life.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Pharmboy said:
I think this is something a lot of people wonder about. The New Testament calls Satan the "god of this world". He also offers the kingdoms of this world to Christ (where would be the temptation in that if he were not able to deliver them). Where did satan get his authority over the world of men (if it was originally Adams)? If we take it from the garden of Eden then how is it that Adams authority automatically reverts to Satan if he sins? How is it that Satan is the beneficiary (next in line)? And why would Satan know that he benefits from Adams fall? The answer to this question has a direct bearing on how we see the death and resurrection of Christ. I am specifically referring to the ransom theory (is God really paying Satan for our freedom?). I also think that the way we answer this question will make a difference on the level of gnostic influence (dualism) in the modern church. Is Satan Gods antithesis (alter ego, opposite equal, etc...)? While I do not believe that Satan is Gods equal I see a lot of people who are close to this belief in the church. Sadly, this tends to make people question Gods all poweful authority.

Good luck
When Jesus said the god of this Word, he did not mean that Satan is not the god of the earth, he was god of the people who became corrupted once Adam ate from the tree of the knowledge of how to look good on the outside(to man's eyes) but really evil internally(where our thoughts that God can see are). Then Cain who was of the evil one was sent out of the presence of God as a wanderer in the earth and corrupted the nations.
The people are allowed by God to rule over their people as they have been raised. Meaning we reap what we have sown. When we do not raise godly children, we get ungodly rulers who are led by their god Satan. God is in total control of the earth, He is Sovereign but He is not going to bail us out when we don't live right.

Do you know that Satan is this tree? Yes he was the most beautiful of God's angels and was in charge of worship. That is what the Bible says. I will give scripture later.
When they disobeyed God, they died. Not naturally.. yet, but spiritually died to God. The Holy Spirit left them and they now had no protection from God because they hid their sin from God. So the Tree of life aka Word of life was blocked off so that they could not eat from it. And when God removes His Word from man they fall further and further into sin because they are led by the unclean spirit of evil.
What is evil is that they feed on knowledge to be LIKE GOD. They take credit for their accomplishments in life, for the existence, for their talents, they have now attempted to create life without God, they have left the domain that God put them on EARTH and have traveled into the heavens to find the throne of God which He never told them to do.
They play God by taking life in abortions calling it THEIR RIGHTS, they choose same sex partners thumbing their nose at God who only gave productive organs to produce families to replenish the earth not for selfish perversions.
When we eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil which we are still eating of it learning to create chemicals to destroy our foods, our atmosphere and waters our bodies, then we are clearly at odds with God.
God gave dominion of the earth to man, but He did not expect them to run amuck not needing God's wisdom and advice for their life. We are just children compared to God. Do you know what a child can do when left unattended? Wreck Havoc. Man needs structure and a foundation.
But back to Satan. He is not over God.. God uses Satan to carry out discipline, to test our loyalty. Satan does God's will when we are handed over to him, but Iniquity was found in him and he is not able to obey God's Word faithfully to do good. Good angels and bad angels are at God's disposal. Just take a look at Rev. and all those beasts and angels are at God's disposal and have been given their set times to loose the wrath of God via His Word.

This is how God creates the angels the sons of God and the earth is where all of the trees grow up.

Jesus did not pay the devil... He paid the Father for us, so that we could once again receive the Spirit of God to restore man back to the way it was in the beginning before the fall of man. Jesus is the last Adam and came to redeem and salvage us by cleansing us with the Word and only by the Spirit can we be guided right, for the only other spirit that guides us is the words of the devil that come into our thoughts and he is Anti-Christ we don't stand a chance following him. He tempts man to sin against God so that we are judged and punished by the tormentor Satan. He trips us, then tells the Father who puts us into his hands. Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil. To help us to not fall for the devils temptations that led to death.
Eph 5:3
2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
KJV

Rom 8:19-23
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
KJV

Ezek 31:8-11
8 The cedars in the garden of God could not hide him: the fir trees were not like his boughs, and the chestnut trees were not like his branches; nor any tree in the garden of God was like unto him in his beauty.
9 I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him.
10 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thou hast lifted up thyself in height, and he hath shot up his top among the thick boughs, and his heart is lifted up in his height;
11 I have therefore delivered him into the hand of the mighty one of the heathen; he shall surely deal with him: I have driven him out for his wickedness.
KJV
Mark 8:24
24 And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.
KJV

Pharmboy

Jun 19, 2010
Lubbock, Tx
I believe there are two main ways Satan has gotten authority over the world of mankind.

First, by being the first to sin (that is to go against the will of God) by deciding to deceive Eve and lead Adam and Eve into sin he becomes the source of sin (rebellion against God). When both Adam and Eve followed Satan down this path he became thier "father' in this sense. Satan is the father of all who sin. His sin led to thier sin led to thier deaths, thus he is a murderer from the beginning (hence the story of Cain and Abel). However that only partly explains it in my opinion. This is not enough to give him full authority over the world of mankind. The Bible says that he holds the power of death. How can this be? Death is punishment for breaking the law. There is only one way, which brings me to the second point. Satan is the destroying angel who prosecutes and punishes anyone who breaks the law. Whenever a "law" exists there must of necessaity be something/someone that upholds the law (vengence) should anyone break it. By breaking "law" we fall under the category of Gods judgment and vengence and deserve death. Satan is the angel that was created for this purpose. He is unforgiving and unswaying in his purpose to destroy. When Adam and Eve sinned they deserved punishment and fell under his full authority as punisher, they belonged to him. His purpose is not to rule mankind, it is to utterly destroy them. This is his unfortuenate nature. What holds him back? A higher law (of the spirit of God)! The presence of the righteous on the earth preserves the world of mankind from complete destruction by restraining the destroyer. This explains how our sin empowers Satan more and how he has the authority over our "world" and holds the power of death.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Pharmboy said:
I believe there are two main ways Satan has gotten authority over the world of mankind.

First, by being the first to sin (that is to go against the will of God) by deciding to deceive Eve and lead Adam and Eve into sin he becomes the source of sin (rebellion against God). When both Adam and Eve followed Satan down this path he became thier "father' in this sense. Satan is the father of all who sin. His sin led to thier sin led to thier deaths, thus he is a murderer from the beginning (hence the story of Cain and Abel). However that only partly explains it in my opinion. This is not enough to give him full authority over the world of mankind. The Bible says that he holds the power of death. How can this be? Death is punishment for breaking the law. There is only one way, which brings me to the second point. Satan is the destroying angel who prosecutes and punishes anyone who breaks the law. Whenever a "law" exists there must of necessaity be something/someone that upholds the law (vengence) should anyone break it. By breaking "law" we fall under the category of Gods judgment and vengence and deserve death. Satan is the angel that was created for this purpose. He is unforgiving and unswaying in his purpose to destroy. When Adam and Eve sinned they deserved punishment and fell under his full authority as punisher, they belonged to him. His purpose is not to rule mankind, it is to utterly destroy them. This is his unfortuenate nature. What holds him back? A higher law (of the spirit of God)! The presence of the righteous on the earth preserves the world of mankind from complete destruction by restraining the destroyer. This explains how our sin empowers Satan more and how he has the authority over our "world" and holds the power of death.
Are you differentiating between Authority and Power? Or do you think these are the same?

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Satan said it was "delivered unto him".
Luke_4:6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

Who delivered it unto him? Well, who was it first given to?
Gen_1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

So, who delivered it unto Satan and by what means?

Axehead

JB_Reformed Baptist

Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Luke 4:6 And the devil said unto him, all this power will I give thee,..... That is, all the kingdoms of the world, and all the government and jurisdiction over them:

and the glory of them; the riches, honours, and grandeur belonging to them:

for that is delivered unto me: so far he spoke modestly, in that he owned an original, superior governor of them, by whom he pretended they were transferred to him; but lied, in that he suggested they were put into his hands by him, who had the supreme power over them; and that he acted by his constitution and appointment, as a deputy under him; when what power he had, as the God of the world, was by usurpation, and not by designation of God; and at most only by permission: and least of all was it true what follows;

and to whomsoever I will I give it; or "these", as the Vulgate Latin reads; that is, these kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; when so to do is the peculiar and sole prerogative of God: nor can Satan dispose of the goods of a single man, nor of a herd of swine, nor enter into them without leave from God. JOHN GILL

Pharmboy

Jun 19, 2010
Lubbock, Tx
I am using power here in the same sense as authority. If Satan is the destroying angel created for the purpose of prosecuting/punishing sin, then he would have the authority to use death as punishment. This means he had legitimate authority over Adam and Eve once they sinned, even though he was the instigator of thier sin. I believe Satans purpose is to bring mankind under the judgment of God, which is why he is described as an "accuser". Our condemnation (because of our sin) is his victory. If Satans authority over us is not legitimate then why all the fuss?

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
Satan was a Cherubic Lord who was granted by God to watch over the Earth. He was a rather high ranking angel, which is why he boasts and has 1/3 of the angels with him. Satan was beloved and adored by God, being the most beautiful of the angels, which makes his story a very sad one.

The hows and whys of him being granted this authority is not something that can be found easily, but a good starting point would be to ask yourself why God would make Satan the keeper of Earth knowing what would come of it.

Reactions: 1peterlight

1peterlight

Mar 5, 2013
The bible somewhere calls him the accuser. I read once that many jews used to not believe satan to be evil, but rather working with God to test us human beings. They considered him to be appointed by God to perform this duty. In one of the non-canonical books(thought it was Jasher but cant find it now, somebody help me out if you've read any of these.) I believe it is says the same thing essentially. After Noah's sons seperate and spread within weeks they are back to their father complaining of being tempted and tormented by evil. Noah prays to God and asks him to do away with these evil spirits, to leave his sons in peace and then satan I presume(cant remember called by another name) asks God to let some remain and says he needs to fulfill what God has asked of him, and so God says he will leave a tenth unchained. I dont know about all this. I do believe that satan challenged God regarding humans and we are to rise to the challenge and be faithful to the Lord. Adam and Eve already failed but by believing in Christ Jesus we can answer he who "seeks to devour us as a prowling lion"

Axehead

May 9, 2012
1peterlight said:
The bible somewhere calls him the accuser. I read once that many jews used to not believe satan to be evil, but rather working with God to test us human beings. They considered him to be appointed by God to perform this duty. In one of the non-canonical books(thought it was Jasher but cant find it now, somebody help me out if you've read any of these.) I believe it is says the same thing essentially. After Noah's sons seperate and spread within weeks they are back to their father complaining of being tempted and tormented by evil. Noah prays to God and asks him to do away with these evil spirits, to leave his sons in peace and then satan I presume(cant remember called by another name) asks God to let some remain and says he needs to fulfill what God has asked of him, and so God says he will leave a tenth unchained. I dont know about all this. I do believe that satan challenged God regarding humans and we are to rise to the challenge and be faithful to the Lord. Adam and Eve already failed but by believing in Christ Jesus we can answer he who "seeks to devour us as a prowling lion"
Actually, he doesn't work with God. He is like a rabid dog that when given some slack in his "leash", he just does what is his nature to do. Lie, deceive, destroy, inflict pain, etc. He is so self-deceived that he actually still thinks he can defeat God. You could say that the pride in him that caused him to rebel against the Most Holy God, has just gotten worse. God always controls how far he can go.

1peterlight

Mar 5, 2013
Axehead said:
Actually, he doesn't work with God. He is like a rabid dog that when given some slack in his "leash", he just does what is his nature to do. Lie, deceive, destroy, inflict pain, etc. He is so self-deceived that he actually still thinks he can defeat God. You could say that the pride in him that caused him to rebel against the Most Holy God, has just gotten worse. God always controls how far he can go.
Amen I do believe he is held on leash by God, I didn't mean work with God on same level as God or that I even believe he is willed by God to do this, but that others do believe this and it is worth thinking about when considering why God allows satan to rule this world and how he is the ruler of the world. This may be somewhat off topic, but there is a huge nephilim wave rolling right now on youtube and forums and sites and it is often reported that satan and his legion are chained to the confines of earth, but in Job satan comes before God with the angels. There is a distinction there that he is seperate from them, but also that he is still able to come before God. Does this sound accurate to others?

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
God is in control not Satan.. Although satan wants us to think he is as powerful as God he falls way way short of such power ..

The judgement God gives all people is simply not guilty-------------- The bible says that God was reconciling the world to himself in christ Jesus not counting mens sins agaist them.. OBJECTIVE JUSTIFICATION

Yet the amazing thing is many people do not want anything to do with Jesus or the total forgivness of their sins he won for them on the cross..
they perfer to keep their sins OF unbeleif !

God is not a God who will force His grace found "only in Christ JESUS : on people .. WE KNOW THIS BY WHAT JESUS SAYS

Matthew 23:37
“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
1peterlight said:
Amen I do believe he is held on leash by God, I didn't mean work with God on same level as God or that I even believe he is willed by God to do this, but that others do believe this and it is worth thinking about when considering why God allows satan to rule this world and how he is the ruler of the world. This may be somewhat off topic, but there is a huge nephilim wave rolling right now on youtube and forums and sites and it is often reported that satan and his legion are chained to the confines of earth, but in Job satan comes before God with the angels. There is a distinction there that he is seperate from them, but also that he is still able to come before God. Does this sound accurate to others?
Sure he is able to come before God. God allows it. That is how he gets his "marching orders". Job clearly gives us a window into that realm. Satan is a spirit and can hear God quite well when God is speaking to him.

horsecamp said:
God is in control not Satan.. Although satan wants us to think he is as powerful as God he falls way way short of such power ..

The judgement God gives all people is simply not guilty-------------- The bible says that God was reconciling the world to himself in christ Jesus not counting mens sins agaist them.. OBJECTIVE JUSTIFICATION

Yet the amazing thing is many people do not want anything to do with Jesus or the total forgivness of their sins he won for them on the cross..
they perfer to keep their sins OF unbeleif !

God is not a God who will force His grace found "only in Christ JESUS : on people .. WE KNOW THIS BY WHAT JESUS SAYS

Matthew 23:37
“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.
Amen horsecamp. And you know when Christ has come into your life, guilt flees. It is washed away by the blood of Jesus. It dies with your old man when you are plunged into Christ's death and rise in newness of life. That is spiritual rebirth! In the Christian life you will experience conviction and chastening from the Lord and condemnation from Satan, but not guilt. The unsaved are the ones that cannot get rid of guilt. But Jesus can.

Guilt is for violators, criminals and the child of God is no longer a criminal but a son. And the Father will not put guilt on His children. Conviction? Yes. Chastening? Of course! But not guilt.

If you know a Christian that is experiencing guilt, ask them if they have been truly born-again and received the spirit of God and the adoption as a son.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Pharmboy said:

Good luck
Of all the answers and posts rendered in response to this question, not one has given the correct answer.

Satan and God are not yin and yang. Do not confuse eastern atheist philosophy with Judeo-Christian spiritual reality.
Satan is a created being and once upon a time was the spiritual equal to the angel Michael.

Where does the enemy get its authority? It comes from us, from man, from the human who gives it gladly. (Genesis 3)

As a fish is lured by the worm to bite the hook that ensnares it, so is man baited by his own lusts to yield the members of his flesh to do that which God has forbidden. Man thus becomes the slave of sin just as surely as the fish becomes the slave of the hook.

Where the hook goes, the fish must follow and where sin leads the man must follow - know that both the sin and the hook lead to death.

Man's addiction to sin is permanent and cannot be undone by any struggle or effort of his own. He may thrash about just like a hooked fish, but he will only set the snare deeper - just like the fish.

In the beginning, man was given the powers of his own flesh to do all he pleased upon the earth. Man was also given the opportunity to do the greatest deed of all - to obey God in one single selfless act; to deny his own desire to judge what is right and wrong. To give back to God that which was rightfully God's - moral choice.

No man is an island and there is no such thing as spiritual autonomy. Man must obey God or obey sin.
There is no middle ground, no twilight zone of happy neutrality.

When man obeyed satan instead of God, he made satan's desire his own and took upon himself the false right to decide what is right or wrong. He disobeyed God and willingly and willfully obeyed sin instead. Man became his own morality and death was the result.

At that moment he lost both the opportunity to obey God as well as his own flesh. Man embraced satan and became its' agent upon the earth to will and to do that which man's new master desired. Man was hooked and forever afterward was doomed to obey the dictates of sin in his own flesh.

When Jesus died upon the cross, the ransom He paid was made to God not the devil. Those who accept the blood Jesus shed share Jesus' death in a very real spiritual way. We die in Him so that He may live in us. The spiritual man of sin that is a part of every man is killed upon the cross of calvary so that Christ may live in us. This is real. It is not figurative and it is not a metaphor. There is a real death involved and those who accept Christ die with Him.

Unless a man is born again (of the spirit of God) he cannot see the Kingdom of God.

The morality returns to God who gave it and life is given where death reigned. But never again would man have complete authority over his life as he had in the garden before the fall. That which the new birth yields is a partial authority - shared between the saved man and his savior. As the death of Christ is shared, so is His life - and the two become one new eternal creature.

Of all the gifts and miracles of God that were ever recorded in the pages of the Bible, the greatest is the second birth.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
Pharmboy said:

Good luck
Do you want the truth, or a fairy tail? To understand the truth, you first have to understand how God works. If you seek a fairy tail, just follow how man thinks.
I ask you again…do you want the truth?
Let me give you a simple example. One of the many open doors to Gods truth:
Read Genesis. God created the Earth, made light, and darkness, all the things in the Earth, Adam and Eve. Eve was the last thing God created. Now here is an open door to truth; God does not speak about creating the universe with all the millions of galaxies?
He talks about creating the Earth as the first thing, and Eve as the last? Do you see the light shinning through the open door?
We call our planet, “Wilderness Earth.” Still don’t see the light?
God created the complete universe at the same time, which included, “Wilderness Earth.” God Calls the complete universe, “Earth.” One planet in this universe is called, “The Wilderness.”
Adam and Eve were driven from the Garden, to “The Wilderness.” God gave Satan ruler ship, over the Planet, “Wilderness,” not over the Garden. Still don’t get it? If this Planet in the universe Earth, which is the planet “Wilderness,” which planet is the Garden?
Science, and archeology are in conflict with the Bible, because things found on this, the “Planet Wilderness,” Go against any logic if this is the planet, Garden.”
Do you still not get it?
Science and archeology have proven many things that go against the Bible if this planet was the Garden. Science and archeology are correct in most of their findings, because this planet is not the Garden.
Read genesis. When did God create the universe? All at the same time, and God called his creation, “EARTH.” Gad named the universe EARTH. Is it to simple for you to understand? Read Genesis.
Remember the scripture, “God walked, “in the EARTH, and on the EARTH.”
As a child I used to wonder why God would walk inside our planet? Today I know he walked in the universe called Earth.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is a cautionary tale for all of us. He is our destiny apart from God's justification and sanctification.

Questor

Messianic Gentile
Jun 11, 2012
SoCal Mountains
Faith
Country
United States
There are many things hinted about or alluded to in Genesis, Enoch, and Jasher. They make for a fully fleshed picture of the beginnings of mankind, but in reality one must work from logic and reason, based on what is actually said in Genesis.

The crucial statements in Genesis are on the making of man:

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

There are some distinct differences between Man being made, and given all dominion over the Earth from the situation, and the personages of the angels.
Mankind is made to be like YHVH. Angels are not. They are powerful, beautiful creatures, but they are YHVH’s servants, not His sons.
Lucifer, I believe, was the last made of the great Angels, such as Gabriel, and Michael. The covering cherubs, the Arch Angels are more like man, I think, because they spend so much time with YHVH, are His Generals, have great responsibilities, given great power and freedom, but in the end, are ministering servants of YHVH.
Lucifer was made with such beauty, and talent, and power, that it takes Michael to help a lesser angel not named to get through to Daniel to answer his prayer when the Prince of Persia (Most likely Lucifer because of the need for Michael’s direct involvement).

Dan 10:11 And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling.
Dan 10:12 Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.
Dan 10:13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.
I think that Lucifer, being Worship leader over all the angels, and made very great in the angel hierarchy, was outraged at mankind being made able to rise above the angels in due time as Sons of God. I think that this is the moment when his rebelliousness boiled over into true and complete arrogance and pride, and he made some very foolish statements that he liked the idea of so much that he began to deceive himself.

Isa 14:11 Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.
Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

I can readily see that YHVH, in giving the orders to his angels in regard to the Garden of Eden, took note of those proud, treasonous words, and determined to use Lucifer in his new frame of mind. I also think that YHVH gave Lucifer a great deal of latitude, knowing that the soon to be dark angel would automatically seek to undo Mankind, and sabotage God’s plan to raise, and teach, and foster those he first made into grown sons of YHVH. And so YHVH set forth a plan ‘B’…teach the fallen people why He needs His commands followed by choice, and for Love of Him. For if we are made like YHVH, even a little, we can achieve power in Yah’shua, and without that wholehearted obedience and love to hold us in check, we would become just like Lucifer.

As to Dominion over the earth...YHVH gave it to Adam (Mankind). Adam accidently relinquished it to Lucifer. And Yah'shua took it back for us.

Lucifer is a very useful tool in YHVH’s hands, and no more.

Q