Who is the son?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's one person, three titles. the Holy Spirit is the only Person who is JESUS, and he Jesus the Holy Spirit holds the Titles, Father/ordinal First, and Son/ordinal Last.

PICJAG.

I can see that in Scripture, and I see it as the Trinity. You may be against the doctrine of the Trinity. I see both sides, and they are both okay with me.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are jumping all over the place.

I have and Do use the OT at times to support the Topic.

You post Isa 63:5 as A KEY Understanding of WHO the Son is...and made reference Isa 63:5 being a metaphor...

Then you jump to Isa 53 and say that is not a metaphor...but so what...neither did I.

Then you jump to The NT Philippians to convince me the Son of God IS God.

First thanks for the reply, second, No, not Jumping, just doing what the scriptures requires, listen, Isaiah 28:10 "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:" see that, "here a little, and there a little" that's not 101G, that's the Lord God almighty.
Then you jump to Isa 53 and say that is not a metaphor...but so what...neither did I.
then we both agree that it's not a metaphor, and it's discription is the Lord Jesus the Ordinal Last who is God in his despensatation as "SAVIOUR", and "REDEEMER". understand now?.
I don't require convincing. I am well acquainted with Gods Word (called Jesus) and
Son of God; Gods Spirit (called Power, Christ, Seed of God, Lord Jesus, Quickening spirit, Wisdom of God, God in the flesh, God with us.)
I am also, see Jesus is the WORD who is God. understand, in John 1:1 it states the "WORD" was WITH God correct. now Taken, answer me please, is the WORD who is Jesus, and God who he was with, is this one or two separate person. Just answer me that and then I will know.

Let me be clear, the "WORD", and God in John 1:1 is this two separate persons or the same ONE Person, I'll be looking for your answer.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can see that in Scripture, and I see it as the Trinity. You may be against the doctrine of the Trinity. I see both sides, and they are both okay with me.
first thanks for the reply, second, I'm not aganist anyone or doctrine, I'm just for the scriptures, meaning the truth. understand I'm not arguing aganist you... ok, I'm arguing for TRUTH. and as a christian your duty is not to argue aganist me, but for the scriptures and point out my ERROR by the scriptures.... other words this would be called a disscussion of scriptures and not a discussion of you and I. so lets leave you and I out of this, and go to the scriptures and prove our point. how about that? agreed? thanks in the name of the Lord Jesus.

ok, ladies first, post your scriptures that support your position, or your reasoning that support your position.

PICJAG.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second, I'm not aganist anyone or doctrine, I'm just for the scriptures, meaning the truth. understand I'm not arguing aganist you... ok, I'm arguing for TRUTH. and as a christian your duty is not to argue aganist me, but for the scriptures and point out my ERROR by the scriptures.... other words this would be called a disscussion of scriptures and not a discussion of you and I. so lets leave you and I out of this, and go to the scriptures and prove our point. how about that? agreed? thanks in the name of the Lord Jesus.

ok, ladies first, post your scriptures that support your position, or your reasoning that support your position.

PICJAG.

1 John 5:7 shows a case for the Trinity.
Isaiah 9:6 shows a case for oneness.

Reactions: Nancy

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 5:7 shows a case for the Trinity.
Isaiah 9:6 shows a case for oneness.
ok take your pick and expound on one or the other. me personally, both speak of diversified oneness, but I'm ready to hear your explination. so go ahead.

PICJAG.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok take your pick and expound on one or the other. me personally, both speak of diversified oneness, but I'm ready to hear your explination. so go ahead.

PICJAG.

When John 1:1 says the Word was WITH God, and the Word was God, that shows me that though Jesus, the human, was on earth and having emptied Himself of His glory, the fullness of God, God was still omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent, even though Jesus for a while was not. After His resurrection He asked the Father to restore His glory.

Reactions: Nancy

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When John 1:1 says the Word was WITH God, and the Word was God, that shows me that though Jesus, the human, was on earth and having emptied Himself of His glory, the fullness of God, God was still omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent, even though Jesus for a while was not. After His resurrection He asked the Father to restore His glory.
CharismaticLady, I MUST TAKE MY HAT OFF TO YOU BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT i BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG. LETS BREAK DOWN WHAT YOU SAID,.

#1. "When John 1:1 says the Word was WITH God, and the Word was God". BINGO, correct. and

#2. "that shows me that though Jesus, the human, was on earth and having emptied Himself of His glory, the fullness of God, God was still omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent, even though Jesus for a while was not". again correct, supportive scripture, Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:" I could not say it no better myself. "But made himself of no reputation". right there is where he was neutralize, or empty himself. but now CharismaticLady, the 100 trillion dollar and forty two cent question is, "How did God as a Spirit, G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō'), or said empited, or neutralize himself and yet still be omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent. now if you can tell me that, (which I already know), then there will be no separation between you and I. so CharismaticLady I'm asking you to tell us How did God Do it? your answer please.

PICJAG.

PS remember what you said about John 1:1 ... "WITH".

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CharismaticLady, I MUST TAKE MY HAT OFF TO YOU BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT i BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG. LETS BREAK DOWN WHAT YOU SAID,.

#1. "When John 1:1 says the Word was WITH God, and the Word was God". BINGO, correct. and

#2. "that shows me that though Jesus, the human, was on earth and having emptied Himself of His glory, the fullness of God, God was still omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent, even though Jesus for a while was not". again correct, supportive scripture, Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:" I could not say it no better myself. "But made himself of no reputation". right there is where he was neutralize, or empty himself. but now CharismaticLady, the 100 trillion dollar and forty two cent question is, "How did God as a Spirit, G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō'), or said empited, or neutralize himself and yet still be omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent. now if you can tell me that, (which I already know), then there will be no separation between you and I. so CharismaticLady I'm asking you to tell us How did God Do it? your answer please.

PICJAG.

PS remember what you said about John 1:1 ... "WITH".

It is the same way that we with His Spirit can be free from sin according to 1 John 3:9 - the Seed of the Father, which Christ was conceived with. And how we can heal the sick and cast out devils. We are partakers of the divine nature.

BTW, Jesus, the human was not omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent while on earth. Those were what he emptied Himself of. When He asked the Father to give Him back the glory He had when He was with the Father, He regained those attributes.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1. The Father

2. The literally begotten Son of God who is a separate person and only began to exist from his human birth.

One of these two possibilities must be the correct answer.
Rule #1, never trust anyone who thinks that there are only 1 or 2 possible answers to any passage in Scripture, especially when relating to something as profound as the relationship between the Father and the Son. Especially, with all the denominations and heresies out there.
Incriminating folly #1.

Reactions: OzSpen

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1. The Father

2. The literally begotten Son of God who is a separate person and only began to exist from his human birth.

janc,

Sadly, that's an heretical view that has been promoted by some cults such as the JWs who consider Jesus was a created being.

This is one of the finest brief explanations of Jesus, the only begotten Son, that I've read:

It’s this last phrase ("only begotten" used in the KJV, NASB and the NKJV) that causes problems. False teachers have latched onto this phrase to try to prove their false teaching that Jesus Christ isn’t God; i.e., that Jesus isn’t equal in essence to God as the Second Person of the Trinity. They see the word "begotten" and say that Jesus is a created being because only someone who had a beginning in time can be "begotten." What this fails to note is that "begotten" is an English translation of a Greek word. As such, we have to look at the original meaning of the Greek word, not transfer English meanings into the text.

So what does monogenes mean? According to the Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature (BAGD, 3rd Edition), monogenes has two primary definitions. The first definition is "pertaining to being the only one of its kind within a specific relationship." This is its meaning in Hebrews 11:17 when the writer refers to Isaac as Abraham’s "only begotten son" (KJV). Abraham had more than one son, but Isaac was the only son he had by Sarah and the only son of the covenant. Therefore, it is the uniqueness of Isaac among the other sons that allows for the use of monogenes in that context.

The second definition is "pertaining to being the only one of its kind or class, unique in kind." This is the meaning that is implied in John 3:16 (see also John 1:14, 18; 3:18; 1 John 4:9). John was primarily concerned with demonstrating that Jesus is the Son of God (John 20:31), and he uses monogenes to highlight Jesus as uniquely God’s Son—sharing the same divine nature as God—as opposed to believers who are God’s sons and daughters by adoption (Ephesians 1:5). Jesus is God’s “one and only” Son.

The bottom line is that terms such as "Father" and "Son," descriptive of God and Jesus, are human terms that help us understand the relationship between the different Persons of the Trinity. If you can understand the relationship between a human father and a human son, then you can understand, in part, the relationship between the First and Second Persons of the Trinity. The analogy breaks down if you try to take it too far and teach, as some pseudo-Christian cults (such as the Jehovah’s Witnesses), that Jesus was literally "begotten" as in “produced” or “created” by God the Father (What does it mean that Jesus is God’s only begotten son? Got Questions Ministries 2020).
Oz

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. The Father

The apostle John repeatedly describes the Lord Jesus Christ as the only-begotten Son of God. (Joh 1:14; 3:16,18; 1Jo 4:9) This is not in reference to his human birth or to him as just the man Jesus. As the Loʹgos, or Word, “this one was in the beginning with God,” even “before the world was.” (Joh 1:1, 2; 17:5, 24) At that time while in his prehuman state of existence, he is described as the “only-begotten Son” whom his Father sent “into the world.”—1Jo 4:9.

He is described as having “a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten son from a father,” the one residing “in the bosom position with the Father.” (Joh 1:14, 18)

On one occasion, Jesus prayed: “Father, glorify me alongside yourself with the glory that I had alongside you before the world was.” (John 17:5) Since Jesus is saying he had a glory alongside his Father before the world was, then how could Jesus be the Father who is God?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The apostle John repeatedly describes the Lord Jesus Christ as the only-begotten Son of God. (Joh 1:14; 3:16,18; 1Jo 4:9) This is not in reference to his human birth or to him as just the man Jesus. As the Loʹgos, or Word, “this one was in the beginning with God,” even “before the world was.” (Joh 1:1, 2; 17:5, 24) At that time while in his prehuman state of existence, he is described as the “only-begotten Son” whom his Father sent “into the world.”—1Jo 4:9.

He is described as having “a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten son from a father,” the one residing “in the bosom position with the Father.” (Joh 1:14, 18)

On one occasion, Jesus prayed: “Father, glorify me alongside yourself with the glory that I had alongside you before the world was.” (John 17:5) Since Jesus is saying he had a glory alongside his Father before the world was, then how could Jesus be the Father who is God?
John 1 The Word was God.

Amen Jesus, You are God.

Col 1 By Jesus all things were created.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...answer me please, is the WORD who is Jesus, and God who he was with, is this one or two separate person. Just answer me that and then I will know.

I believe people trying to MAKE God Multiple "PERSONS" is hokey.

John 4:24
.....God IS Spirit.
Mark 12:32
.....there is but one God
Gen 1:26
.....God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness...

Who thinks One man is 3 persons, that is One man? (I don't.)

Is anyone confused ? that:
God is omni-ALL potent-POWERFUL
God is omni-ALL scient-KNOWING
God is omni-ALL present-EVERYWHERE
(I'm not)

Does God have Multiple Names and Titles?
Yes.
Does God DO Multiple Things at the Same Time?
Yes
Does One man have Multiple Names and Titles? Yes.
Does One man Do Multiple Things at the Same Time? Yes.
The List goes on...

So Why Do men try to Make God Multiple "Persons"?

Let me be clear, the "WORD", and God in John 1:1 is this two separate persons or the same ONE Person, I'll be looking for your answer.
PICJAG.

Rev 4:
8: ...Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

Glory to God,
Taken

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the same way that we with His Spirit can be free from sin according to 1 John 3:9 - the Seed of the Father, which Christ was conceived with. And how we can heal the sick and cast out devils. We are partakers of the divine nature.

BTW, Jesus, the human was not omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent while on earth. Those were what he emptied Himself of. When He asked the Father to give Him back the glory He had when He was with the Father, He regained those attributes.

John 1:48 KJV
Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee.

Do you also have this ability along with healing and casting out demons?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 8:25 KJV
And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! for he commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey him.

Is this among your powers also

I go to bed during a tornado warning at night, because I have faith God will protect the house He gave me. And the next morning there will be trees and limbs down all over my neighborhood, and not a twig down in my yard. But anyone with faith can do that. But in 2009 on Good Friday, there was a video of a pastor in my town on the news and it showed him pointing to the F4 tornado and commanding it to not touch where they were (something to that affect), and the bottom of the tornado suddenly dissolved and it went over where they were, and it came down on the other side. I'll post the video if I can find it at the bottom. Pastor Jeff Jansen

Another time when I was still working I was driving in the pouring rain, and felt led to pray (not that the rain would stop, but that is would be dry when I got to my destination). The rain poured until I reached my street, and it suddenly stopped. I got in the house dry, and went into my office and looked out the window, and it was pouring again. For ten years after that, my head never got rained on. When it rained and I was driving, or needed to get to my car, I never had to walk in the rain. I would always have faith that God would stop the rain for me, and He did, and I praised Him each time.