Who is the son?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 3:7 "Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

ok T, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"
being is a present tense desigination. and for of God is NATURE, so being in God Nature is Spirit. and by taking on flesh and blood, but Not a PARTAKER in it... see the difference. do you know the difference between "TOOK PART and PARTAKE?

swee that your mistake.. :eek:

PICJAG.
Man is the "form" of God.

God, which is an omnipresent Spirit of light is not a form of anything and has no edges.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Our image" per Gen., is the image of Jesus...body, soul and spirit....God's son's image.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
26 And God said, Let us make man in our(THE IMAGE OF THE LAST ADAM, WHICH THE 1ST ADAM WAS MADE) image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Eminate" is in Phil 2?
share is which describe emanate... lol, lol, see you just exposed yourself in showing that you didn't read either of my posts. see truther, or maybe you need to change that name of ... truther... :rolleyes: to something else. for you did just what the proverb say don't do, Proverbs 18:13 "He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him."

if you would have read Post 31 #2 you would not have ask that question. or if you would have read #63. we suggest you go back and re-read both... :eek:

PICJAG.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
share is which describe emanate... lol, lol, see you just exposed yourself in showing that you didn't read either of my posts. see truther, or maybe you need to change that name of ... truther... :rolleyes: to something else. for you did just what the proverb say don't do, Proverbs 18:13 "He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him."

if you would have read Post 31 #2 you would not have ask that question. or if you would have read #63. we suggest you go back and re-read both... :eek:

PICJAG.
You made up a word description(emanate) and tried to stuff it into Phil 2.

That is putting a round block in a square hole.

It doesn't fit.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This...

6 Who, being in the form of God(Human), thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation(Human reputation), and took upon him the form of a servant(Human role), and was made(Made human) in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man(Made human), he humbled himself(Humble human), and became obedient unto death(dead Human), even the death of the cross.

Not this...

6 Who(God), being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But(God) made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he(God) humbled himself, and became obedient unto death(God was Humbled before His creation and murdered by them), even the death of the cross.

Which means you serve a very humble, human, dead God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Our image" per Gen., is the image of Jesus...body, soul and spirit....God's son's image.
see, you have NO clue as to what you're saying, do you. the IMAGE of God is ANOTHER of himself in FLESH. do you know what ADAM means? guess not, but lets us edify you... the TERM ADAM, according to the Hebrew, using the Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments, ADAM: H120 אָדָם 'adam (aw-dawm') n-m.
ruddy i.e. a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.).
[from H119]
KJV: X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.
Root(s): H119

"ANOTHER?", BINGO there it is, Adam simply means God is ANOTHER of himself in flesh. as the "ANOTHER" of himself in flesh he's the .... "Diversity" of himself or the EQUAL SHARE of himself in flesh... BINGO.

and in the NT it's the Greek word, using the Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words, G243 ALLOS, "Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort" Truther, do you understand that definition? ... :D if not, a numerical difference is 1.. 2 like in "one", (1), FATHER... the ordinal FIRST, (CREATOR, and MAKER of ALL THINGS, Isaiah 44:24, and John 1:3, all by mimself, and alone). and two, (2), Son ... the ordinal LAST, (SAVIOUR, and REDEEMER), as in KINSMAN redeemer OFFSPRING, Revelation 22:16 the "Diversity" :eek: get out of here.. lol, BINGO, say what!. the Numerical difference as in the FIRST and the LAST, or in the BEGINNING and the END, or the ROOT and the OFFSPRING.. my God can one get any clearer? all these titles right before our faces... Alpha and Omega, or the Aleph and the Tav. how many ways must the Lord Jesus tell us he's the ONLY one person in the Godhead ... SHARED? well... how many ways? oh yes Diversified oneness is just what God taught, and he taught the apostles the same thing. and now he has taught me also.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You made up a word description(emanate) and tried to stuff it into Phil 2.

That is putting a round block in a square hole.

It doesn't fit.
still don't understand? .... :D all men don't have this KNOWLEDGE. 1 Corinthians 15:34 "Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame."

why you don't have it? again, "ye have not because you ask not". and listen don't ask amiss... ok.. see James 4:3

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, for all those who still walk after the flesh thinking that God impreganted Mary the old fashioned way ... lol,, my God, well listen up. Luke 1:35 "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing, (thing, here means flesh), which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God". what do "overshadow" here means? lets see, it's the Greek word G1982 ἐπισκιάζω episkiazo (ep-ee-skee-ad'-zo) v.
1. to cast a shade upon
2. (by analogy) to envelop in a haze of brilliancy
3. (figuratively) to invest with preternatural influence

take note of the 3rd. reference. "to invest with preternatural influence", what do preternatural means. It means, "out of the ordinary course of nature; exceptional or abnormal". the meaning here, not in the natural way of conception between a man and a women, or the old fashioned way, lol, did one get that. God beget that flesh, not by impreganting Mary the old fashioned way through sex, God can Speak and it is done, is that strange? well how did the world and the universe got here? "AND GOD SAID, LET THERE BE........ "

and another thing, the term SON concering the Lord Jesus is not biological, listen up. using the Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words "SON", it's the Greek word, G5207, huios. metaphorically of prominent moral characteristics. God simply MANIFESTED his character in real life. supportive scripture, Hebrews 1:3 "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;"

there is that IMAGE of God in flesh as a man. HIS PERSON, not THEIR PERSON(S), no but HIS, PERSON. one person character, which is God. in other word, God expressed his LOVE toward us. as one poster put it, "God" I don't want to you, I want to talk to Jesus".... I love that. yes, it's better to talk to JESUS, God in Flesh. for he, as Hebrews 4:15 states, "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." BINGO. on that NOTE,

PICJAG

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
first thanks for your reply, second, the Lord Jesus, as stated made HIMSELF G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') according to Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:" THIS WE AGREE ON. but what is left to understand is how our God G2758 κενόω kenoo himself in flesh and yet remained God in his omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent state. this I believe if we understand this then any barriers in our beliefs will vanish. so I'll give my understanding of what I believe ok.

starting with Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:" two word to understand,
a. "being", meaning present tense, that our Lord Jesus is God, who is Spirit. because God is a Spirit, per John 4:24. so clearly the Nature of our Lord Jesus is "Spirit". the second word, b. "With", indicate that Jesus is the same one person whom we call God and Father. lets prove this out by the scriptures. WITH, John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." here, "WITH" is indicating the same one person, meaning that the WORD is GOD and not that the Word, (whom calls the Son), is a separate person from the one whom many say is God the Father as indicated by the term "GOD" here in John 1:1. here is the ERROR, Word/Son... God/Father, two separate person, right? ... WRONG.
let's prove this out by scripture, in Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he." here in Isaiah 41:4 WITH is used just as in John 1:1, but here we can clearly see that it's one person, because the scripture states, "I the LORD, the first". I is a single person designation, meaning only ONE PERSON. and this same one person I said that he is "WITH" the Last, but watch what he also said, "I am he" the I is saying that he is the First and the Last, the same one Person. and we can clearly prove this by a second witness of scripture to make our testimony true. listen, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." BINGO. this one person, GOD, clearly said that he is the First and ... "ALSO" ... the Last. this is clear as DAY. so GOD here in Isaiah as well as in John 1:1 is saying that I AM ONE PERSON. now that we know that, let's go back to Philippians 2 and understand how God, ONE PERSON could G2758 κενόω kenoo, (make himself empty of his powers, and yet have all of his power at the same time). again scripture, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:" here is the first clue, the Term "Form" here in Phil 2:6 is the Greek word G3444 μορφή morphe (mor-fee') n.
1. form.
2. (intrinsically) fundamental nature.
[perhaps from the base of G3313 (through the idea of adjustment of parts)]
KJV: form
Root(s): G3313

I'm using the Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments for this definition. NOTICE DEFINITION #2. our Lord Jesus who is God have the same NATURE, why? because he is "GOD", that's why. but, here's the revelation to understand the NATURE of the Lord Jesus the Son, it is found in the ROOT of G3444 μορφή morphe, which is G3313 μέρος meros (me'-ros) n.
1. a portion (i.e. an amount allotted, a part of something).
2. a part.
3. (as an adverb) partly, in part.
4. (as a participle) participating (i.e. the act of taking part in).
5. a piece (i.e. a limited portion).
6. (of location) a district.
7. (of livelihood) an occupation (i.e. as ones' portion in life).
8. a portion in Jesus (see John 13:8).
{literally or figuratively, in a wide application}
[from an obsolete but more primary form of μείρομαι mȇírȏmai “to get as a section or allotment”]
KJV: behalf, course, coast, craft, particular (+ -ly), part (+ -ly), piece, portion, respect, side, some sort(-what)

again I have given the whole definition so that you can see it in it's entirety, so that it want be any question later about this definition.
notice definition #1. a portion, which means "SHARE", for another word for portion is "SHARE". which mean it was no part or piece of God that was G2758 κενόω kenoo as definition # 3, & 5 states, but as the EQUAL SHARE all of the EQUAL SHARE was G2758 κενόω kenoo. see, God is not divided, nor split, nor is he a separate persons of three (3). no, he's the EQUAL SHARE of himself in flesh as the ordinal Last. and being in this shared state as the ordinal Last, having took on flesh and blood as, as, as, as, in the LIKENESS as a man, (see Philippians 2:7b and verse 8), he God now as a man could die a NATURAL death from that flesh he took on.

so clearly God who is ONE person "SHARED" himself equally in flesh as the "Son" who is the Ordinal "last", neutralize , or empty himself of his omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent powers to die for our sins. this is why he, God, the Lord Jesus said in John 3:13 "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." while on earth in a G2758 κενόω kenoo state, he, at the same time is Spirit running or upholding all his creation. see it now. not three person, no. but one person "SHARED".
now someone might say, "this diversified oneness is not in the bible". I will say yes it is. let us show you. Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star." see that word "OFFSPRING" here, it's the Greek word, G1085 γένος genos (ǰe'-nos) n.
kin.
{abstract or concrete, literal or figurative, individual or collective}
[from G1096]
KJV: born, country(-man), diversity, generation, kind(-red), nation, offspring, stock
Root(s): G1096

the term "Offspring" means, KIN, as in KINSman REDEEMER, for God is in flesh. as REDEEMER, his flesh that he came in was "born" as the KJV points out. but also the KJV makes it clear that the OFFSPRING, or the only begotten Son is, and can according to the KJV be called the "DIVERSITY" , simply put he's the ordinal LAST to his ordinal FIRST. supportive scripture, 1 Corinthians 15:45 "And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit."

and what do Last here mean? G2078 ἔσχατος eschatos (es'-cha-tos) adj.
farthest, final (of place or time).place or time? scripture, Galatians 4:4 "But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law," when was this TIME? John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." SEE THAT WORD, "beginning", its the GREEK word G746 ἀρχή arche (ar-chee') n.
1. (properly abstract) a commencement.
2. (concretely) chief (in various applications of order, time, place, or rank).
[from G756]
KJV: beginning, corner, (at the, the) first (estate), magistrate, power, principality, principle, rule
Root(s): G756

BINGO there it is in definition #2 TIME and PLACE, God don't LIE.

see CharismaticLady, GOD is one person who shared himself in flesh and this one ONE person is the HOLY Spirit, get it, Holy........ "Spirit", God is a, a, a, a, Spirit and he is HOLY... Holy Spirit. again God is a Spirit who is HOLY. that's the only person in the Godhead, and he, the Holy Spirit Holds both titles Father, and Son. that's it. for clarity, a re-read of this post may be in order. see CharismaticLady, we have answered the question, "how God was in heaven and at the same time on earth in a flesh body.

now if you have a different understanding, please post it. and we can discuss both understanding. -

PICJAG

We humans are made in the likeness of God. I see myself as one person, but as a triune being.

Jesus - I have a body, which if dissected would have a brain, muscles, organs, bones, etc. But it couldn't function being dead.

Spirit - I would need the invisible life force to make me alive and all the parts working, but still I wouldn't function properly. One important part is missing to make me useful.

Father - the missing piece is the mind. The invisible part in the brain that is in charge. (And we've been given the mind of Christ)

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We humans are made in the likeness of God. I see myself as one person, but as a triune being.

Jesus - I have a body, which if dissected would have a brain, muscles, organs, bones, etc. But it couldn't function being dead.

Spirit - I would need the invisible life force to make me alive and all the parts working, but still I wouldn't function properly. One important part is missing to make me useful.

Father - the missing piece is the mind. The invisible part in the brain that is in charge. (And we've been given the mind of Christ)
first thanks for the reply, second, my Body is not a separate person. it's only the house that I dwell in. my spirit is not me but is God's. so what is left of ME? let's evaluate, my body when the spirit leave returns to the dust, one down two to go. and when the spirit leaves it returns to the owner... God, two down and one to God. now my Soul, is this me do I have possession or ownership of it? NO, supportive scripture, Ezekiel 18:4 "Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die."

SO WHAT DO I HAVE LEFT? ...... answer "NOTHING".

are we getting a better perspective on things now?

PICJAC.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do like the NKJV, NASB and ESV. I have many English translations.
get the only one true translation which speak all languages, ........ The Holy Spirit.

that's the translation I use.

PICJAG.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do JW's always attack our Christian Bibles? They all say you're wrong. Even your NWT says JW's are wrong.

Well I guess it's not the Bibles I'm speaking against but the way trinitarians interpret the scriptures of their Bibles. I will always disagree with the way trinitarians interpret scripture in their Bibles. They interpret the Bible in a way that denies that it was the Only Begotten Son of God who became flesh. The one thing JW and Trinitarians agree on is that Jesus is the Word. The problem lies in that Trinitarians believe the Word to be God and JW believe the Word to be the Only Begotten Son of God. So trinitarians believe it was God who became human and JW believe it was the Only Begotten Son of God who became human.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
26 And God said, Let us make man in our(THE IMAGE OF THE LAST ADAM, WHICH THE 1ST ADAM WAS MADE) image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
God's image was to come and the first Adam is that image to "WHAT" is to come. that's why God said let "us" in Genesis 1:26. but said, "he" made them male and female in Genesis 1:27 the very next verse. see the real or true Adam, the LIFE GIVING had not yet "manifested" so his image was made. do this sound strange?... no, listen Isaiah 46:10 "Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:"

so no, the end had not come yet because it was the beginning in Genesis... :eek:

PICJAG.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second, my Body is not a separate person. it's only the house that I dwell in. my spirit is not me but is God's. so what is left of ME? let's evaluate, my body when the spirit leave returns to the dust, one down two to go. and when the spirit leaves it returns to the owner... God, two down and one to God. now my Soul, is this me do I have possession or ownership of it? NO, supportive scripture, Ezekiel 18:4 "Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die."

SO WHAT DO I HAVE LEFT? ...... answer "NOTHING".

are we getting a better perspective on things now?

PICJAC.

That is a different subject. I'm talking about how man's triune being is how I see the "Trinity" being "One."

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's image was to come and the first Adam is that image to "WHAT" is to come. that's why God said let "us" in Genesis 1:26. but said, "he" made them male and female in Genesis 1:27 the very next verse. see the real or true Adam, the LIFE GIVING had not yet "manifested" so his image was made. do this sound strange?... no, listen Isaiah 46:10 "Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:"

so no, the end had not come yet because it was the beginning in Genesis... :eek:

PICJAG.
Romans 5:14 says the 1st Adam was made after the last Adam(I paraphrase).

The "us" in Gen 1:26 was the Spirit God and His human son, Jesus Christ.

The man Christ Jesus was also crucified before that event(Rev 13:8).

You can even see the detained description of this event in Psalm 22:1-18.

The man Christ Jesus was also seen in the fire(4th man).

He got around in eternity.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do like the NKJV, NASB and ESV. I have many English translations.
That's awful.

How confusing.

They all say different things, so that makes God's word open ended.