Who quit smoking?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who quit smoking?

• Yes, I already quit

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • No, not yet, but I plan to quit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, and I don't plan to quit.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never smoked

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i quit cigarettes for a year, a couple times, and i now smoke about 4-6 hand rolled real tobacco, no additive cigarettes a day. so, not sure how to vote, lol.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
i quit cigarettes for a year, a couple times, and i now smoke about 4-6 hand rolled real tobacco, no additive cigarettes a day. so, not sure how to vote, lol.
That 'real tobacco' sounds like another subject.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Stranger said:
That 'real tobacco' sounds like another subject.

Stranger
ah, well, i still don't recommend them, but i noticed quitting Marlboros, store boughts, there is a chemical addiction that is actually much worse than any tobacco addiction.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
ah, well, i still don't recommend them, but i noticed quitting Marlboros, store boughts, there is a chemical addiction that is actually much worse than any tobacco addiction.
Enjoy your 'ready rolls'.

Stranger

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Thanks for the replies, ppl. I know some ppl try vaping as a way of cutting down or quitting; I'll see if can find a video about vaping as a way to cut down.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
that's actually why i started rolling my own, and discovered that i was actually withdrawing from the chemical bath and not nicotine. One pack of Bugler will show you this. You will still be jonesing, even as you are light-headed from nicotine lol. I would at least be aware of the downsides to vaping, before i got into that.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
bbyrd009 said:
that's actually why i started rolling my own, and discovered that i was actually withdrawing from the chemical bath and not nicotine. One pack of Bugler will show you this. You will still be jonesing, even as you are light-headed from nicotine lol. I would at least be aware of the downsides to vaping, before i got into that.
I know vaping isn't necessarily without its downsides.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
bbyrd009 said:
i think it kind of depends upon how addictive you are. an advantage to the bugler is they are not as "enjoyable" imo
I guess also it relates to what is meant by 'addictive'. (On the other thread, tattooing is even described as an 'addiction'.)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
farouk said:
I guess also it relates to what is meant by 'addictive'. (On the other thread, tattooing is even described as an 'addiction'.)
well, good point, i think there is psychological addiction, and physical addiction, and i notice now that having kicked the physical addiction of at least the chemicals in store-bought cigarettes (which was quite real and demonstrable, as anyone who is out of their brand and bums a smoke from someone else might witness; their craving is not satisfied), and prolly also the psychological addiction of the oral and hand fixation, i guess, i hadn't really thought about that, that was a big component, too, anything you do 20 times a day must be looked at strictly from a ritual pov also, but anyway the point is the nicotine addiction is likely the least of the issues, i can go without a smoke for a day or whatever now, don't even take them with me on outings or anything, for anything less than overnighters.

So, i guess nicotine patches would highlight this the quickest, because the ritual has been removed, whereas with vape you got the ritual, and can more precisely adjust the nicotine.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
bbyrd009 said:
well, good point, i think there is psychological addiction, and physical addiction, and i notice now that having kicked the physical addiction of at least the chemicals in store-bought cigarettes (which was quite real and demonstrable, as anyone who is out of their brand and bums a smoke from someone else might witness; their craving is not satisfied), and prolly also the psychological addiction of the oral and hand fixation, i guess, i hadn't really thought about that, that was a big component, too, anything you do 20 times a day must be looked at strictly from a ritual pov also, but anyway the point is the nicotine addiction is likely the least of the issues, i can go without a smoke for a day or whatever now, don't even take them with me on outings or anything, for anything less than overnighters.

So, i guess nicotine patches would highlight this the quickest, because the ritual has been removed, whereas with vape you got the ritual, and can more precisely adjust the nicotine.
I suppose it is a sort of ritual for some ppl. I guess social smoking is particularly a ritual. Part of the challenger for quitters, when with friends who smoke socially, is not to smoke when others do so.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
farouk said:
I suppose it is a sort of ritual for some ppl. I guess social smoking is particularly a ritual. Part of the challenger for quitters, when with friends who smoke socially, is not to smoke when others do so.
ya, i guess it hits everyone different, the ritual part. That was not large for me, but i still had a big chemical withdrawal, so it was interesting to discover at least 3 addictive components, iow, and the nicotine is likely the least of them, or at least for me it was.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
bbyrd009 said:
ya, i guess it hits everyone different, the ritual part. That was not large for me, but i still had a big chemical withdrawal, so it was interesting to discover at least 3 addictive components, iow, and the nicotine is likely the least of them, or at least for me it was.
Interesting that the nicotine for you was not the most addictive aspect.

I guess that with the term 'addictive' there are various layers of meaning and intensity. (In the other thread I started on whether tattoos are additive, I guess the term 'addicitive' is being used loosely.)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
farouk said:
Interesting that the nicotine for you was not the most addictive aspect.

I guess that with the term 'addictive' there are various layers of meaning and intensity. (In the other thread I started on whether tattoos are additive, I guess the term 'addicitive' is being used loosely.)
well, i guess tats can be psychologically addictive, as can any ego-reinforcing gesture.

and i certainly thought nicotine was the most addictive part, until jonesing while getting light-headed from nicotine caused me to re-evaluate that. and, being mildly Asperger's, the social aspect was never a big deal for me, the oral/hand ritual fixation was prolly bigger, for me, and even that was minor, comparatively speaking, i guess.