WHY ARE MANY OF US STILL HERE?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OT was replaced by the NT. We use the Old for instruction and commentary. But we live according to the Two Great Commandments in the NT. If you need to be told not to steal or murder, you are not born again.

Jesus didn’t replace the law - he fulfilled it. The OT tells us how to love - Jesus demonstrates how to love.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The OT was replaced by the NT. We use the Old for instruction and commentary. But we live according to the Two Great Commandments in the NT. If you need to be told not to steal or murder, you are not born again.

You will get no argument from me on that point except that I do not believe that the OT was replaced by the NT. If that were so, why would we use it at all for anything?

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't receive your bushel baskets. Did you not have a crop this year? No increase to your flocks?

What's up with that?

Oh . . . and where do I read that the tithes are now supposed to go to me? I'll be needing that.
My supply fills your want. Your supply fill my lack. Equality. Where ever he places his name take your tithe and consume it there before him that you may fear the Lord

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are confusing the Two Great Commandments with the Ten, now abolished. If you need to be told not to steal or murder, you are not born again.

No confusion here. Jesus was clear.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Only faith in Christ makes on a biblical Jew and member of Israel. The rest are broken off followers of Satan. They hate you and Christ more than anyone on earth according to their Talmud.
You are rather confused between the ethnic and the spiritual. Get a hold of yourself, since Christ will gather all the unbelieving Jews from around the world at His Second Coming, and one third will be genuinely saved (born again) when they see Him, mourn, repent, and are converted. Why don't you study a little more before posting?

D

Dave L

You are rather confused between the ethnic and the spiritual. Get a hold of yourself, since Christ will gather all the unbelieving Jews from around the world at His Second Coming, and one third will be genuinely saved (born again) when they see Him, mourn, repent, and are converted. Why don't you study a little more before posting?
They are all gentiles of whom God will graft any into Israel upon Faith in Christ.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My supply fills your want. Your supply fill my lack. Equality. Where ever he places his name take your tithe and consume it there before him that you may fear the Lord

Except this is not the tithing system established in the Law. There is much more to it.

The temple storehouses are to be filled with food. There are percentages of this and that to go to this one and that one. Where is the justification to re-write God's Law?

Much love!
Mark

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except this is not the tithing system established in the Law. There is much more to it.

The temple storehouses are to be filled with food. There are percentages of this and that to go to this one and that one. Where is the justification to re-write God's Law?

Much love!
Mark
Your food is on the alter

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
Mark
You are the priest!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
Mark

Acts 17:24
[24] God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Reactions: Waiting on him

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not "light" to teach folks that the Ten Commandments are only New Covenant "Ten Suggestions". They are and will always be "Commandments". They are the standard in the Judgement - that bulldookey about when we get to heaven the only question we'll be asked is "did you accept My Son's sacrifice" is just made up baloney. The question will be AS JAMES PLAINLY teaches "did you relinquish the throne of your heart and allow My Son to sit down on it and keep My law for you?" because we are to "speak and so do as they that will be judged by the Law of Liberty" (James 2:10-12) which the context plainly reveals is the Ten Commandments.

If you can show me in the OT where the 10 commandments are described as "the law of liberty" you will have a case. If not, than you need to realize that the 10 commandments and the law of liberty ARE NOT the same!!! The law of liberty is described in Rom. 14:2-8, 13, 16 and especially 22. Another place is 1 Co. 10:23-31 and Gal. 5:13-14. Vs. 14 says it best - "For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." This statement of yours: "did you relinquish the throne of your heart and allow My Son to sit down on it and keep My law for you?" is correct but not for the reason you think. Yes, Jesus kept the law for me while he was on earth so I wouldn't be burdened with the penalty of death for breaking it because He already took the sentence and punishment upon Himself for us!! BTW, I don't believe in OSAS.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dispensationalism is about 150 years old. Which means the Church whom God said the gates of hell would not prevail against, was prevailed against for thousands of years until these prophetic crackpots came along.

I'm not a believer in the stricter aspects of dispensationalism but I believe it is over 2000 yrs. old because it originates with the phrase. "when the times of the gentiles are fulfilled"

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk