Why Argue Against Doing the Law?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So they supercede that which were written on stone?

Because He said so....
KJV Genesis 2:3
3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
The fact that in Exodus 16 God said....3 months prior to Sinai...
KJV Exodus 16:23
23 And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning....
Powerfully indicated the holiness of the day wasn't just for that first 7th day, but was a continuing nature of the day, regardless of who, where, and when people lived, and the law was granted to Israel as a reminder of that fact. Israel was to live that law as witnesses to the power and grace of the God they served in the face of wholesale idolatry everywhere else.
Times have changed, but human nature and God's purposes haven't. There is still wholesale idolatry and Christians are still called to be witnesses to God's power and grace through obedience to God's laws. And you are right. Those laws are now written on the fleshly tables of the heart rather than on stone... At least for those who are willing to accept them and believe. Christians today are only willing to accept 9 of them.

Do you believe Blood washed Saints are to keep the Friday sundown to Saturday sundown sabbath rest?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OT law APPLIED TO WHOM it was GIVEN and THEY WHO AGREED.

Are you a Hebrew? No?
...The Law was not given you.
Are you of ANY of the 12 Tribes of Israel? No?
...The Law was not given you.

Hebrews and Tribesmen were given the Law, AND Agreed to Obey the Law.

Jesus, A legal Jew of the House of David, FULFILLED the Mosaic Law.
So ALL the Hebrews and Tribesmen, WERE No longer Under the Law.
Oooh, but some Hebrews and Tribesmen, did not BELIEVE Jesus, and CHOSE to Continue under the Law...
No problem for their Choice, because Jesus did not destroy the Law, therefore they CAN continue under the Law...
(Tiny issue, since they have NO Temple for which to bring their “animal” sin offering, which is how they received their years forgiveness of sins).
No matter, they are planning to build a new Temple.

So why are you worrying about...THE LAW and THE LETTER of the LAW,
If the Law does not apply to you...why debate the law?

i cracked up when you said "tiny issue" = lolx100

Reactions: Taken

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm gonna need a flow chart for that one!

It reminds me of this:

"Crazy people don't know they are crazy, but I know I'm crazy, so I am not crazy! Isn't that crazy?"

You think that's crazy? let me tell you what crazy is, God said it's crazy to believe the Gospel but that HE likes it that way and the Apostle Paul said he was crazy for the Gospel and my wife thinks i'm crazy for telling you this, AND my son said: "i must be right because the 'crazies' are usually right"............crazy stuff huh................
but then it can get even more crazy after this...........beware the crazies

Oh, i forgot to mention they called JESUS crazy as well AND they said "HE has a demon" = that's crazy because those demons really didn't like HIM.

crazy stuff huh

Reactions: FHII

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a good start, though. :)

Absolutely! But eventually, you will recognize your heart may not be in it, and you realize you need a new heart. I'm not talking about the Sabbath here, but hate, lust, coveting, selfishness, etc.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, the good news is I have stopped. He killed my passions over a year ago now.

There is no problem after that because if the inside of the cup is clean the outside is as well. There IS no law against the spirit. If He makes you law abiding inside, you have truly kept the law. And to murder according to the letter, you have to do so inwardly first. It is what comes out of you that defiles you. The law is spiritual and good. The words He gave us are spirit and truth.
I'm happy for you. Do you think it is possible for someone to kill me without any emotional or spiritual investment?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
T

Mmm…yes. Maybe in a time of war or unwittingly in a car wreck.
So this...And to murder according to the letter, you have to do so inwardly first.... Would seem to contradict that though wouldn't it?
I suggest that all sin, even the profaning of the Sabbath, is the fruit of an evil heart. Whether one consciously plans murder and is motivated through hate or lust or jealousy, the core issue is the heart. And that I see is the core issue with this thread, even with those who debate against the law conscientiously believing they are theologically correct... KJV Jeremiah 17:9
9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
I see that in the position to laws that reflect the character of God. The law is a refection of God righteousness. The Sabbath is an expression of authority over and love for man, yet the resistance against the Sabbath is not only unreasonable, but illogical. That resistance comes from the heart.... And only a fully renewed heart can change that. Which negates the false idea that the Sabbath is only observed through the letter of the law.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the good news is I have stopped. He killed my passions over a year ago now.

There is no problem after that because if the inside of the cup is clean the outside is as well. There IS no law against the spirit. If He makes you law abiding inside, you have truly kept the law. And to murder according to the letter, you have to do so inwardly first. It is what comes out of you that defiles you. The law is spiritual and good. The words He gave us are spirit and truth.
I don't think I want my passions taken away.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why specifically NT? Does not the OT have authority?

And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: ‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the Lord who sanctifies you. You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you.
Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it,
that person shall be cut off from among his people.
Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord.
Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant.
It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.’
Exodus 31:12-17

You are under a death sentence if you do any work on the LORD'S Sabbath Rest.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So this...And to murder according to the letter, you have to do so inwardly first.... Would seem to contradict that though wouldn't it?

God made a safe place for those who did not purposely cause someone’s death, so the family members would not murder them, because they did not mean to do it. He looks at the heart. And it is what issues from there that defiles a man. If the inside of the cup is clean the outside just will be as well.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please see post 95
Gee, I've never heard that argument before. :rolleyes:

263___yawn-emoji.png

Please see a thousand previous replies to your argument.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gee, I've never heard that argument before. :rolleyes:

Please see a thousand previous replies to your argument.

Barny, i only stated this because it was directly to your question and i had just posted it so there was no malcontent in it whatsoever.

Have you ever worked on the Lord's Sabbath Rest?