Why I believe in the rapture.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
As the 12 tribes were last together over 3000 years ago, the redeemed and restored Israel cannot be the same as ancient Israel.
Jesus came to save the lost tribes of Israel, Matthew 15:24, He was successful and we Christians are the result.
As Paul says in Galatians 6:14-16, Christians are the Israel of God. Its all quite simple and Biblically correct.

The traitress nation of Israel as a whole was banned from their land from year 70 to 1948, they suffered a strong and severe chastisements after they crucified the messiah during 1878 years of great plagues according Deuteronomy 28:v.15-68, in fact 53 verses of extreme punishments, but the WORST punishment will happen in near future because the Most High GOD "shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie (believe in the false messiah, AN IMPOSTOR-JOHN 5:V.43-,That they all might be DAMNED who believed not the Truth(believed not in JESUS),but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 2Thes. 2

Jerusalem will be trodden by Gentile nations for 42 months - Revelation 11:v.2
2 The court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Jerusalem, also called spiritually Sodom and Egypt, will be trodden by Gentile nations in this last DECADE of the world of Devil. The COURT, yeah, the COURT which is without the temple will be given unto the Gentiles, and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months -Rev.11:v.2- it because the Dragon will give to the Beast of sea- the Pope -the Papacy-, his Power, and his Throne in Jerusalem, and great Authority for 42 months, actually it is the FIRST HALF of the last week of Daniel 9:v.27, which WILL BE RULED BY THE BEAST OF SEA enthroned in Jerusalem- REV.13:v.2 and 5- this will be the Great Delusion in fulfilment of 2Thes.2:v.11-12.

TWO STRONG AND POWERFUL BEASTS(Rev.13:1to18)WILL RULE DURING SEVEN(7)YEARS A MONSTROUS AND EPHEMERAL UNIVERSAL AND SATANIC RELIGIOUS SYSTEM - JUDAISM AND CATHOLICISM -

Verse 5 - 5 And there was given (BY THE DRAGON) unto him (unto the Beast of sea -the Pope, the Papacy)- a MOUTH speaking great things and blasphemies-Revelation 16:v.13-; and *POWER was given unto him to continue forty and two months.-THAT IS the FIRST HALF of the last week of Daniel 9:v.27. *POWER was given unto him by the DRAGON, who is the esoteric and kabbalistic false messiah of the Jews (John 5:v.43), who will oppose and exalt himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God will BE ENTHRONED in the temple of God-in JERUSALEM, spiritually called Sodom and Egypt-, shewing himself that he is God, AND the FALSE MESSIAH will give not only his *POWER to the Beast of sea, BUT ALSO HIS THRONE AND GREAT AUTHORITY.

Do not have any doubt that the Beast of sea, the next Pope to be elected after death of Pope Francis from now on, which will take a pseudo-name or nickname as being the SEVENTH of a lineage of Pope, as seventh king of that lineage, yeah, THAT ELECTED NEW AND LAST POPE WILL SIT ON THE THRONE OF THE DRAGON IN JERUSALEM with great Power and Authority given by the Devil, the Dragon, the Jewish false messiah. THIS WILL BE THE STRONG DELUSION-2Thes. 2:v.11-12.

Be sure that the plagues are underway, the earth is and will be smited with strong and severe plagues, and the waters-peoples,and nations, and multitudes of all tongues - is and will be turned to blood, the heaven is shut, he that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still, no more salvation, no, no more, but GOD's wrath will fall upon all the nations, and they will be cast into the hell's fire from now on.

Revelation 2:v.26-29
26 - He that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the END, to him will I give power over the nations:
27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
28 And I will give him the morning star.
29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

After the END of these things will come the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION - the 2nd HALF OF THE LAST WEEK that will be ruled by the ruthless and ESOTERIC, AND KABBALISTIC, AND SPIRITIST Jewish FALSE MESSIAH -2Thessalonians 2

Isaiah 26:v.21-22
20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.
21 For, behold, the Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

Get ready

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is totally incorrect and thoroughly confused and confusing.

While the Church no doubt is called "the Israel of God" within a certain context, that does NOT nullify God's plan for redeemed and restored Israel (the 12 tribes) on earth after the Second Coming of Christ.

How do people get things so mixed up? Because they follow the doctrines of men.
When Jesus Christ Returns It Will Be (The End) Not The Start Of A Millennial Kingdom On Earth

As scripture clearly teaches below in 1 Corinthinas 15:23-24 , when Jesus Christ returns then comes (The End)

Many disregard (Then Cometh The End) as they desire to see a mortal Millennial Kingdom on earth, after the coming of Jesus Christ

afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then cometh the end, not a Millennial Kingdom on this earth as many falsely claim

(Then Cometh The End)

(Death Is Swallowed Up In Victory)

1 Corinthians 15:21-26 & 51-54KJV
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end,
when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is totally incorrect and thoroughly confused and confusing.

While the Church no doubt is called "the Israel of God" within a certain context, that does NOT nullify God's plan for redeemed and restored Israel (the 12 tribes) on earth after the Second Coming of Christ.

How do people get things so mixed up? Because they follow the doctrines of men.
Jesus Christ Returns In Fire And Final Judgement, Dissolving This Existing Earth By Fire, Immediately After The Tribulation?

This Existing Heaven And Earth Will Be (Replaced) By The New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, A New Creation, At The Return Of Jesus Christ?

(Behold, I Make All Things New)

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Matthew 24:29-30KJV
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

1 Corinthians 3:13KJV
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9KJV
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance
on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Malachi 3:2KJV
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Psalm 46:6KJV
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

Psalm 50:3KJV
3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

Psalm 97:5KJV
5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

Isaiah 66:15KJV
15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Zechariah 14:12KJV
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Nahum 1:5-6KJV
5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.

Revelation 20:9KJV
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ Returns In Fire And Final Judgement, Dissolving This Existing Earth By Fire, Immediately After The Tribulation?

This Existing Heaven And Earth Will Be (Replaced) By The New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, A New Creation, At The Return Of Jesus Christ?

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
We have a Bible tab for members to look up scripture. Your post is excessively long and has multiple key points that lead away from the OP.
If you want to share additional scriptures for members to look at try just the scripture and leave quoting the entire verse.

Reactions: Keraz

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have a Bible tab for members to look up scripture. Your post is excessively long and has multiple key points that lead away from the OP.
If you want to share additional scriptures for members to look at try just the scripture and leave quoting the entire verse.
Off Topic?

I believe I responded to Enoch111 in post #536 that made claims of Jesus Christ returning and establishing 12 tribes of Israel

I use, and quote the time honored (King James Version) the tab on forums uses the (American Standard Version) however thanks for the suggestion

Jesus Is The Lord

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Off Topic?

I believe I responded to Enoch111 in post #536 that made claims of Jesus Christ returning and establishing 12 tribes of Israel

I use, and quote the time honored (King James Version) the tab on forums uses the (American Standard Version) however thanks for the suggestion

Jesus Is The Lord
I didn't say you were off topic. I said many of the scriptures you posted can lead away from the OP. One verse out of a chapter without the supporting verses takes on a different meaning than the author intended.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I apologize as I had no idea. Yes, my "study" format is foreign to others, too.
I will work on making it more conversational. May God Encourage you Richly!!
That’s okay, how could you…its not like I put it in my bio. I don’t usually make a huge deal out of it…I usually only mention it when trying to explain WHY I miss stuff that might be somewhat obvious to others. Thanks for being understanding :)

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Romans 8:v.18-19 and 24-25

18 I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the response, my intent below waste show the Lords fire at his return, I strongly believe all verses below are in this context?

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Ephesians 1:v.3-4
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

GOD the Almighty has planted two heavens, but both were corrupted because Satan worked freely within the two heavens.
Matthew 13:27-28
27 The servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this.

The New Heaven - the Third Heaven

In fact, Satan was not cast down from heaven to the earth yet, but will be from now on, and GOD will PLANT the third heaven, and Satan will not have any chance to enter in the third heaven that will be established by the Most High GOD from now on, or rather, in this new millennium that has started.

JESUS said: Luke 20:v.35-36
35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world-the Kingdom of GOD-the third heavenly place in Christ- , and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:
36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

By the way, the duration of the FIRST heavenly place in Christ was around 1.500 years;

The duration of the second heavenly place it is around 2.000 years;

The duration of the third heavenly place, that is the next heaven, the third, I repeat, will be around 1.000 years;

The heaven of the heavens that will be established after the current millennium will be for ever and ever, for everlasting times.

There will be two destinations from now on: Heaven or Hell;

Where will you spend Eternity? Heaven or hell? God knows where it will be.

There is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.

What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.

28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to
destroy both soul and body in hell.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the response, my intent below waste show the Lords fire at his return, I strongly believe all verses below are in this context?

You can split these into 2 or 3 posts...if you would please. Our forum rules prohibits excessive long and repeated posts.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s okay, how could you…its not like I put it in my bio. I don’t usually make a huge deal out of it…I usually only mention it when trying to explain WHY I miss stuff that might be somewhat obvious to others. Thanks for being understanding :)
You are Very Welcome. See you In God's Great GloryLand! ♫ :)

Reactions: Naomi25

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can split these into 2 or 3 posts...if you would please. Our forum rules prohibits excessive long and repeated posts.
Do you believe Jesus returns in fire and final judgement, dissolving this earth by his fire?

Jesus Is The Lord

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Do you believe Jesus returns in fire and final judgement, dissolving this earth by his fire?

Jesus Is The Lord
No; I do not.
That belief conflicts with the three prophesies which clearly state what will happen at Jesus Return.

Zechariah 14:3-11 The Lord will destroy the army at Armageddon....there will be a localized earthquake....that Day will be neither hot nor cold..... water will flow from Jerusalem and the Lord will become King over all the earth.

Matthew 24:29-31 AFTER the time of distress has passed, the sky will darken and there will appear the sign that precedes the Son of Man, all the peoples will lament and Jesus will appear in the clouds of heaven, in power and great glory. His angels will go out and gather His chosen people. ....

Revelation 19:11-21 Heaven will open and Jesus will appear, riding on a white horse, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.....He will throw the 'beast and the false prophet' into the Lake of Fire and kill their army by the Sword of His Word. They are not burned, as birds can eat their flesh.

Now, Truth7t7, please cease promoting the false theory of total fiery destruction at Jesus Return.
There are two Judgments by fire; the first at the Sixth Seal, Isaiah 66:15-17, 2 Peter 3:7, +
The second is after the Millennium and precedes the New heavens and the new earth. Revelation 20:9

There WILL be a Millennium, too! I am looking forward to it, why not you?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, Truth7t7, please cease promoting the false theory of total fiery destruction at Jesus Return.
Your Claim Is "False"

(Luke) 17:29-30KJV

(2 Thessalonians) 1:7-9KJV

(Malachi) 3:2KJV

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fine, let’s look directly at the passage and see what it says.

John 11:38-44
[38] Then Jesus, deeply moved again, came to the tomb. It was a cave, and a stone lay against it. [39] Jesus said, “Take away the stone.” Martha, the sister of the dead man, said to him, “Lord, by this time there will be an odor, for he has been dead four days.” [40] Jesus said to her, “Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?” [41] So they took away the stone. And Jesus lifted up his eyes and said, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. [42] I knew that you always hear me, but I said this on account of the people standing around, that they may believe that you sent me.” [43] When he had said these things, he cried out with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out.” [44] The man who had died came out, his hands and feet bound with linen strips, and his face wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, “Unbind him, and let him go.

The only comment on Lazarus as he ‘comes out’ is that his face it wrapped with a cloth.
I must ask you, where in this passage do you justify it telling us that Lazarus is raised in such a body as this:

1 Corinthians 15:38-49
[38] But God gives it a body as he has chosen, and to each kind of seed its own body. [39] For not all flesh is the same, but there is one kind for humans, another for animals, another for birds, and another for fish. [40] There are heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is of one kind, and the glory of the earthly is of another. [41] There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory.
[42] So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable; what is raised is imperishable. [43] It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power. [44] It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. [45] Thus it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit. [46] But it is not the spiritual that is first but the natural, and then the spiritual. [47] The first man was from the earth, a man of dust; the second man is from heaven. [48] As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. [49] Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven

Does John 11 give you any leave to assume or state outright that Lazarus had a ‘heavenly body’, an ‘imperishable’ body that would never die again. Where in John 11 do you see the idea that Lazarus ‘bore the imagine of the man of heaven’?…especially since Christ did not, even then, have a ‘heavenly body’. He had not yet died or been resurrected. As it says, Jesus ‘became’ a life-giving spirit. Thus it points to his own resurrection.
Put that together with together with this:

1 Corinthians 15:22-23
[22] For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive. [23] But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ.

You really have nothing left but an argument from silence. You have no other passages to suggest your argument from silence is justifiable.
I have used 1 Cor 15 to show the incongruity of asserting that John 11 must be speaking of a resurrected, imperishable body. At best the only conclusion that can be drawn by John 11 in the light of 1 Cor 15, is that, as I said previously, Lazarus was restored to his earthly body.

2 Cor 5 does not save you…rather, it only supports me more.

2 Corinthians 5:1-6
[1] For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. [2] For in this tent we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling, [3] if indeed by putting it on we may not be found naked. [4] For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened—not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. [5] He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
[6] So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord

The imperishable body we gain at the resurrection? It’s a “heavenly dwelling”…”eternal in the heavens”.
Being in this perishable body, an earthly body, it to ‘be away from the Lord’.
In other words, this tells us two things: our imperishable bodies are for when we are with the Lord and we have left this earth and are dwelling with him.
It also tells us that that while we are on this earth and ‘away from the Lord’, we dwell in ‘this tent’.

There is nothing here that gives us leave to assume that Lazarus, or anyone else, were gifted with an imperishable body while they still dwelled on earth. Because really…the implication of Lazarus having said imperishable body, would mean the man still lived today. Our imperishable is immortal, undefiled. Is there anywhere in scripture that tells us that Lazarus will live to the judgment? That’s the implication of what you are saying.

No scripture claims we are dead, spiritually, before even are born again? Yikes…you might have wanted to think that one through a bit first.

Ephesians 2:1-6
[1] And you were dead in the trespasses and sins [2] in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience—[3] among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. [4] But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, [5] even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved—[6] and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

Colossians 2:13

[13] And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses

How do we know Paul is telling us this is a death/life for the spirit, rather than a physical one?
Well, most obviously, clearly we are physically alive before we are saved. No brainer there.
But also because it is ‘sin’ that makes us dead. Sin is a spiritual issue. Sure, if affects everything around us, both body and nature. But it’s clearly speaking of spiritual issues: “disobedience, passions, desires.” Even the “uncircumcision of the flesh” refers to a spiritual issue…we are told that:

Romans 2:29
[29] But a Jew is one inwardly, and circumcision is a matter of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter. His praise is not from man but from God.

Thus these verses speaking of being dead in our sins, and moving to life in Christ, is clearly…obviously…talking about the state of our spirits.
Lazarus did not come out as a ghost. He did not come out naked. They forgot to put a change of clothing in the tomb for him to put on.

But to say he had to be wearing perfect clothing to prove a heavenly body, that is missing the whole point, not proving it.

You are arguing from silence, since dying again is not mentioned either. There is no verse that claims if resurrected, one has to die again to be properly resurrected and judged.

Using the word "spiritual" really has nothing to do with our spirit. Our spirit cannot die. It can become a demon.

Spiritual birth is from the Holy Spirit and has nothing to do with our spirit. Those verses deal with our spiritual birth in the Holy Spirit. Not about our spirit at all.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, indeed it does not, but it does prove the bible uses it in such a manner. As far as context goes, Revelation is classed as an apocalyptic book, which relies heavily on symbolism. Numbers play a fairly heavy role in that symbolism; seven, for example, is seen throughout the book so many times, one would have to be blind to miss it. Speak to any biblical scholar, and they will tell you that seven in the bible (so yes, just generally, not only in Revelation) represents perfection, or completeness. Even many Dispensationalists will recognize the use of numbers in Revelation this way.
So…my contention is: if number CAN be and, in fact, HAVE been used thusly….we must have some startling evidence at hand to start demanding the 1000 years can ONLY be literal.
You can symbolize the symbolism further and further down a rabbit hole.

At some point it has to be practical.

Some do not read into Revelation more than necessary. But no human alive today needs the Millennium. It is a blessing that many seem to excuse away. Not sure why God cannot offer such a delightful experience, that many just view as a pie in the sky? Is there a need to object to God blessing some humans?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Your Claim Is "False"
Your accusations are rude and unacceptable.
Everyone just ignores your constant cut and past posts. You seem unable to engage in any kind of proper discussion.
The scriptures you use do not prove you beliefs.

Jesus will Return AFTER all the tribulations are over. Matthew 24:29-30

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone just ignores your constant cut and past posts. You seem unable to engage in any kind of proper discussion.

You must be referring to your cut and paste constantly from your book, the vast majority of your threads display this

Jesus Is The Lord

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus Will Return After The 1260 Day Tribulatoon As Seen In Scripture, Shortly After The (Two Witnesses) Are Killed In Revelation Chapter 11