Why satan fell

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Have you heard of this doctrine.

Satan fell because he discovered that God was to make man higher than the angel's. (At the resurrection) It enraged him, so he went to other angel's and poisoned them as well.

Once it had been discovered that satan and these angel's had been corrupted, they were cast to the earth.

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Satan hated man since Adam and brought sin into the world through Adam's disobedience, Romans 5:12. He did his best to stop the Promised Seed, Galatians 3:16, with rebellions and more sin and lost his ability to wage war when Jesus crushed his head at the Cross, Genesis 3:15.

Luke 10:18, He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.

When the stone rolled away, Luke 24:2, Satan was still on the prowl, 1 Peter 5:8, even though he was defeated and he's hoping you don't know how defeated he is. How defeated is he? Revelation 20.

Even today, man allows Satan to use the law to condemn even with knowing Jesus removed the law, Colossians 2:14. They know it, it is written, so why is it not believed?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Quote from Dr. Fruchtenbaum’s book on Satan’s five “I will” they provide insight into what motivates Satan Satan really isn’t interested in us, capturing our souls, or causing us to sin. We really don’t amount to a hill of beans in his sight but he is willing to use us if it suits his purposes.

The five “I Wills” are found in the Book of Isaiah:

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O day-star, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, that didst lay low the nations!
13 And thou saidst in thy heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; and I will sit upon the mount of congregation, in the uttermost parts of the north;
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.

Isaiah 14:12-14

Here is what Dr. Fruchtenbaum has to say about this passage:

First: I will ascend into heaven. Satan was not satisfied with the high position God had already given him as the guardian of God’s throne, with authority over who had access to God’s presence, and his position as the possessor of the earth in its original creation. He wanted a higher position than he already had, and the only higher position was God’s throne, a right that belongs only to the Messiah (Eph. 1:20–21). With the first I will, he desired to usurp God’s throne and sit on it himself in place of the Messiah.

Secondly: I will exalt my throne above the stars of God. Whenever the word star is used symbolically, it is always a symbol of angels, whether fallen or unfallen (Job 38:7; Jude 13; Rev. 1:20; 9:1; 12:4). It was used of Satan in verse 12. With this I will, he expressed his desire to become the sole authority over each individual angel. This meant that he wished to depose Michael from his position of archangel to become the archangel himself.

Thirdly: I will sit upon the mount of congregation, in the uttermost parts of the north. These terms are used elsewhere to describe the Millennial Kingdom (Ps. 48:2; Is. 2:2; 4:5-6). He knew that God’s program was for the Son of God to rule as the Messiah over Israel. With this I will, Satan expressed his desire to become the messianic ruler over Israel himself.

Fourthly: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds. Whenever the word cloud is used symbolically, it is always a symbol of the Shechinah Glory (Ex. 16:10; 40:34-38; I Kg. 8:10-11; Mat. 26:64). This unique glory, a glory that belongs only to God, is something Satan desired for himself.

Fifth: I will make myself like the Most High. Whenever God is referred to as the Most High, it emphasizes God as the possessor of the heavens and the earth (Gen. 14:18-19). With this I will, Satan expressed his desire to become the sole possessor of everything that God created in Genesis 1:1, he wished to be like God in authority, and power, and control.

With these five I wills, he led a revolt in Heaven, brought violence to Heaven, and was judged and cast down. End quote.

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Have you heard of this doctrine.

Satan fell because he discovered that God was to make man higher than the angel's. (At the resurrection) It enraged him, so he went to other angel's and poisoned them as well.

Once it had been discovered that satan and these angel's had been corrupted, they were cast to the earth.
Hi BoD

You ask a very interesting question.

Why did satan fall?

Would not something negative and evil have caused him to fall?
What would that negative or evil be?
Where did it come from?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Quote from Dr. Fruchtenbaum’s book on Satan’s five “I will” they provide insight into what motivates Satan Satan really isn’t interested in us, capturing our souls, or causing us to sin. We really don’t amount to a hill of beans in his sight but he is willing to use us if it suits his purposes.

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O day-star, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, that didst lay low the nations!
13 And thou saidst in thy heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; and I will sit upon the mount of congregation, in the uttermost parts of the north;
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.

First: I will ascend into heaven. Satan was not satisfied with the high position God had already given him as the guardian of God’s throne, with authority over who had access to God’s presence, and his position as the possessor of the earth in its original creation. He wanted a higher position than he already had, and the only higher position was God’s throne, a right that belongs only to the Messiah (Eph. 1:20–21). With the first I will, he desired to usurp God’s throne and sit on it himself in place of the Messiah.

Secondly: I will exalt my throne above the stars of God. Whenever the word star is used symbolically, it is always a symbol of angels, whether fallen or unfallen (Job 38:7; Jude 13; Rev. 1:20; 9:1; 12:4). It was used of Satan in verse 12. With this I will, he expressed his desire to become the sole authority over each individual angel. This meant that he wished to depose Michael from his position of archangel to become the archangel himself.

Thirdly: I will sit upon the mount of congregation, in the uttermost parts of the north. These terms are used elsewhere to describe the Millennial Kingdom (Ps. 48:2; Is. 2:2; 4:5-6). He knew that God’s program was for the Son of God to rule as the Messiah over Israel. With this I will, Satan expressed his desire to become the messianic ruler over Israel himself.

Fourthly: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds. Whenever the word cloud is used symbolically, it is always a symbol of the Shechinah Glory (Ex. 16:10; 40:34-38; I Kg. 8:10-11; Mat. 26:64). This unique glory, a glory that belongs only to God, is something Satan desired for himself.

Fifth: I will make myself like the Most High. Whenever God is referred to as the Most High, it emphasizes God as the possessor of the heavens and the earth (Gen. 14:18-19). With this I will, Satan expressed his desire to become the sole possessor of everything that God created in Genesis 1:1, he wished to be like God in authority, and power, and control.

With these five I wills, he led a revolt in Heaven, brought violence to Heaven, and was judged and cast down. End quote.
Very good and clear post.

Could you explain HOW satan uses us?
I mean, of course, as relating to the quotes you used to explain the reason he was cast out of heaven.
How do WE further his cause?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Very good and clear post.

Could you explain HOW satan uses us?
I mean, of course, as relating to the quotes you used to explain the reason he was cast out of heaven.
How do WE further his cause?

I just posted in the other Thread...Satan - a bitter, jealous adversary of Job ( not sure that link goes to my own post)
I am pretty clueless as you'd read in that post I just made.
I can see from scripture ( I think) how God used him as in Job...it was God who brought Satan's attention to Job. ( for his testing and good)
He is The Tester. ( temptation in wilderness)

But, so much concerning The Enemy v God, I do not understand.
So, for years I have it all "sitting on the shelf" and thankfully our life is not to be concerned about working it all out about him!! Ha!
The reason I posted a "quote" above...is because I don't know much at all.
With the when, how, why, or what, of it all, I am out of my depth. Had a few years in the deliverance ministry....talked face to face with them...not that they show their 'faces' much, seen people delivered of demons, and seen others not.
But the how and why of the Prince of Darkness , I am unsure.
I guess because it has never been at the top of my list to ask Father about. :)
So I have no real revelation on that subject.

But, that said...I am watching this thread, maybe I will learn something!

Reactions: GodsGrace

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi BoD

You ask a very interesting question.

Why did satan fall?

Would not something negative and evil have caused him to fall?
What would that negative or evil be?
Where did it come from?
I don't know GodsGrace, but I think I know what you mean.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I just posted in the other Thread...Satan - a bitter, jealous adversary of Job ( not sure that link goes to my own post)
I am pretty clueless as you'd read in that post I just made.
I can see from scripture ( I think) how God used him as in Job...it was God who brought Satan's attention to Job. ( for his testing and good)
He is The Tester. ( temptation in wilderness)

But, so much concerning The Enemy v God, I do not understand.
So, for years I have it all "sitting on the shelf" and thankfully our life is not to be concerned about working it all out about him!! Ha!
The reason I posted a "quote" above...is because I don't know much at all.
With the when, how, why, or what, of it all, I am out of my depth. Had a few years in the deliverance ministry....talked face to face with them...not that they show their 'faces' much, seen people delivered of demons, and seen others not.
But the how and why of the Prince of Darkness , I am unsure.
I guess because it has never been at the top of my list to ask Father about. :)
So I have no real revelation on that subject.

But, that said...I am watching this thread, maybe I will learn something!
All we know for sure is that God and satan are enemies and satan hates man and wishes man to be lost. Why else would he have tempted Eve in the Garden?

Everything else, imo, is conjecture.

I wonder how many here have read The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis.
Everyone should read that book. It shows, in a fictional account, how satan works to deceive us.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Isa 14 isn't talking about Satan. Metaphorically it is. But it isn't speaking directly about him. Its talking about Nebuchanezzaar.

What's my proof? That same chapter speaks of Lucifer being a man. That id not Satan. Furthermore, its rather out of place in the flow. Isaiah was talking about judgment against other nations. .. Its out of place for him to briefly talk about Satan, then switch back to talking about other nations.

Reactions: Helen