• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Is it possible for the follower of the Way to commit an act of sin?

You are asking the wrong question.
First of all, a "follower of the way" is a meaningless term, as you can be one of those and go to hell when you die.
See, God is not looking for "followers", He is looking for this..

"You must be BORN AGAIN".... Jesus says..

So, you need to resolve that first...

Then... you need to ask the right question about "sin".

Its this... "Does God hold the Born again, accountable for their sin, after they die"...as that is when it matters..
As if you have your sin, after you die, then its because you died like this... John 3:36.

READER....

And if you are not that one, then you do not have you sin, as CHRIST bore it ALL on the Cross and died for them ALL.
So, there is your JUDGEMENT found for your sin, IF YOU ARE......born again.
God judged CHRIST ALREADY, for your sin.

See : THE CROSS for an update on : SALVATiON, and what it means.

Romans 4:8

2 Corinthians 5:19

If you are not born again....if you are just religious, water baptized, and nothing more, then you have your sin, and you will meet God as Eternal JUDGE< and not as FATHER God....after you die.

Bad idea, as there is no 2nd Chance for you to be born again, in hell.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reader.... when you faith is correct, it will be very obvious to you that Jesus who saved you, keeps you saved.

If you are obedient after conversion.

“Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.” (Galatians 6:7-8)

But when you are deceived, you will fight that Truth and you will try to deny that Truth, and you will try to REPLACE that TRUTH

Yes, you deny that TRUTH of the scripture I just quoted!

And you can’t use your “it’s for Jews” cry on this one.

This is why they only use a bible to try to prove to themselves they can go to hell if they dont DO enough to stay out

This is rich!

You use NO BIBLE to prove what you teach!

These deceived people will hunt for verses that they believe teach them that their salvation is only as good as their behavior

Baloney!

If have been reading scripture for over 10 years. And in the last few years I read the Bible 3 times a year.

The plain truth is that the gospel works like this:

1. Repent, believe the gospel, and be baptized = Saved.

2. Continue faithful and obedient in the gospel enduring to the end = Staying Saved.

3. Wilfully sinning in obedience to sin is likened to mocking God and trampling over Christ = Lost again forever and in a worse condition than before with a seared conscience and a hardened heart.

For example : Hebrews Chapters 6 and 10.

These verse are written exposing Christ Rejecting HEBREWS.

Lie.

It’s a warning to Christians!

You have no scriptural support for that assertion! Just vain words and fair speeches.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You are asking the wrong question.
First of all, a "follower of the way" is a meaningless term, as you can be one of those and go to hell when you die.

"You must be BORN AGAIN".... Jesus says..

So, you need to resolve that first...

Then... you need to ask the right question about "sin".

Its this... "Does God hold the Born again, accountable for their sin, after they die"...as that is when it matters..
As if you have your sin, after you die, then its because you died like this... John 3:36.

READER....

And if you are not that one, then you do not have you sin, as CHRIST bore it ALL on the Cross and died for them ALL.
So, there is your JUDGEMENT found for your sin, IF YOU ARE......born again.
God judged CHRIST ALREADY, for your sin.

See : THE CROSS for an update on : SALVATiON, and what it means.

Romans 4:8

2 Corinthians 5:19

If you are not born again....if you are just religious, water baptized, and nothing more, then you have your sin, and you will meet God as Eternal JUDGE< and not as FATHER God....after you die.

Bad idea, as there is no 2nd Chance for you to be born again, in hell.
1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
1Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
1Jn 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
1Jn 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1Jn 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
The New Commandment
1Jn 2:7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
1Jn 2:8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
1Jn 2:9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
1Jn 2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
1Jn 2:11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
1Jn 2:12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.
1Jn 2:13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.
1Jn 2:14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.
Do Not Love the World
1Jn 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
1Jn 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
1Jn 2:17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
Warning Concerning Antichrists
1Jn 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1Jn 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
1Jn 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
1Jn 2:21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
1Jn 2:24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
1Jn 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
1Jn 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
Children of God
1Jn 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
1Jn 2:29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

Amen.
Me, I still commit daily acts of sin but according to scripture I have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ, the Righteous.
If this makes me an heretic and be judged by others as so, may the Lord be my witness and come to my defense.
I don't want to hi-jack your OP but you are coming on too strong.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
If I told you to commit a sin, would you do it?
Brother, ever took the Lord's name in vain?
Look at a woman lustfully?
Commit adultery?
Ever stole something?
I mean as a believer in Christ?
Let's go deeper...ever peruse the Internet landing up in wrong places?
Or the TV, eyes feasting on things worldly?
But to answer your question, No, I would not commit a sin if you ask me to.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I would not commit a sin if you ask me to.

“Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.” (Romans 6:12-13)

Brother, be settled and stop with the hypotheticals.

Because only these types of people love hypotheticals:

He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings…” (1 Timothy 6:4)

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Brother, be settled and stop with the hypotheticals.
Probably hit a nerve

1Ti 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
1Ti 6:4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
1Ti 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
1Ti 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

The context, posted to me.
Nice going brother.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

1Pe_2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

Guess Peter got it wrong...

Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Guess Jesus was wrong too...

Mar_8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

...and here..three Imperatives in one verse.

You are right, and the scriptures have it wrong?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The context, posted to me.
Nice going brother.

I was just showing you the type of folks who do those things. I wasn’t saying you were that type of man.

Just warning you to not do their works…

One of their works is to dote about questions.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I was just showing you the type of folks who do those things. I wasn’t saying you were that type of man.

Just warning you to not do their works…

One of their works is to dote about questions.

A question to you, if I may.
In the Gospels Jesus asks many more questions than he answers. To be precise, Jesus asks 307 questions.

Is it wrong to ask questions, in your opinion brother

Whether you are a follower of Jesus or not, we would all do well to study the “communication practices” of the one many believe to be the greatest communicator in all of history.

Jesus’ communication style focused on two things: He told great stories and asked great questions!

I don’t know about you, but I ask a lot of questions because I do not know the answers. That was never true of Jesus. He knew all of the answers and yet he focused so much of his interaction with people on asking them questions. The four Gospels record 339 questions that Jesus asked.

Why do you think he asked so many questions?

Here are a few I came up with:

Engagement
Questions built relationships
Forced those he was interacting with to have to think
Created conversations
His listeners were more likely to own their own conclusions
He sometimes answered questions with questions of his own
He sometimes asked warm up questions to get the conversation started
Different kinds of questions

Jesus asked a variety of questions. Here are a few examples.

Questions to make a human connection:

Nothing re "doting" questions here

Why did Jesus ask so many questions? | Biblical Leadership

If you are interested, this is the way illiterate men and women asked questions my brother, if you know the scriptures from Alef to Tav I guess you know it all, no offense, really, since I daily ask Christ questions and He is not weary, most of the time there is no answer, though, that's why I ask questions here and then get banned.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it wrong to ask questions, in your opinion brother

Not at all Johann.

But it’s wrong to question biblical doctrines with human reasoning; using the carnal man as a measure to test scriptural truth. Especially when the questions come in an inordinate way.

but I ask a lot of questions because I do not know the answers.

But many of your questions are answered in the Bible. I showed them to you. But you continued with the questionnaire (do you ever do this? Do you every do that? Have you done this? Have you done that? etc.)

The scriptures speak and we must obey.

We must not seek for other interpretations just because what the scriptures say seem impossible to do in our carnal mind.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As i explained.. regarding your verse..
Paul said that and the continued to teach MORE....
You stopped reading...as did your commentary and that is why you have no revelation.

Paul, is teaching that trying to keep the law, and commandments, in a SELF EFFORT to be accepted by God, that results in the Law causing him to do what he """didnt want to do.""
"The law is the POWER OF SIN"
So, as he continues to TEACH..........he said that he found that this trying to be righteous, is "DUNG"... and God wont accept it as God's righteousness is a GIFT that is apart from the law.
Philippians 3

Then as he continues his TEACHING that is what you have not READ.......he teaches the doctrine of "the righteousness of God in Christ', as our Sonship Statue (born again) and to have this understanding of who the born again have become as a "new creation in Christ".... ..to exist in this renewed mind, (this revelation), = does this...."Christ always gives me the VICTORY" over the world, the flesh, and the devil".

That is so very nice Be, I know that one day I will no longer be a sinner, but for now like my brother Paul, I have to contend with my own thorns in the flesh sir. One might keep in mind this passage:
(1 Corinthians 10:12) . . .So let the one who thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall.

You speak often of born again, what does that mean sir?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same here, I also commit acts of sin, on a daily basis, yet there are some who have reached the absolute goal of sinless perfection, in this here life.
Here is a question to ponder about.
Christ was without sin, and it is written that He's righteousness is imputed unto us, does it mean Christ's sinlessness was also imputed unto us?

Hi Joe, been a while my friend. Some may perceive others do not sin, but if one is well educated in God's law, I believe you would find we all sin every day. I try extremely hard not to lie, and yet I lied last Saturday to a brother no less. Why did I do that? Still kicking myself, it is so very hard to tell the absolute truth all the time.

Let me ask you, those whom you think do not sin, do they pray to Jesus every day sir?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hi Joe, been a while my friend. Some may perceive others do not sin, but if one is well educated in God's law, I believe you would find we all sin every day. I try extremely hard not to lie, and yet I lied last Saturday to a brother no less. Why did I do that? Still kicking myself, it is so very hard to tell the absolute truth all the time.

Let me ask you, those whom you think do not sin, do they pray to Jesus every day sir?
I wouldn't know Robert, we can't "see" them and they can't "see" us, some play golf, others riding chariots, some play horses..and all are Christians...

Rom 8:26 And in like manner the Spirit also helpeth our infirmity: for we know not how to pray as we ought; but the Spirit himself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered;
Rom 8:27 and he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

...ever prayed like this?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wouldn't know Robert, we can't "see" them and they can't "see" us, some play golf, others riding chariots, some play horses..and all are Christians...

Rom 8:26 And in like manner the Spirit also helpeth our infirmity: for we know not how to pray as we ought; but the Spirit himself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered;
Rom 8:27 and he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

...ever prayed like this?

I see, so you don't really know any of them personally, well don't feel bad Joe, neither do I.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I have to contend with my own thorns in the flesh sir.

Paul's "thorn in the flesh" was a "messenger from Satan".
That is not Paul sinning.

Do you make this stuff up, or do you have commentaries that are really that deceptive, that you keep believing and using?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul's "thorn in the flesh" was a "messenger from Satan".
That is not Paul sinning.

Do you make this stuff up, or do you have commentaries that are really that deceptive, that you keep believing and using?

Not my words sir, Pauls recorded for us in God's inspired word, believe it or not.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Not my words sir, Pauls recorded for us in God's inspired word, believe it or not.

Its your words that said that Paul's thorn in the Flesh was "His sin".

The bible does not say that..
The bible does not even suggest that.
The NT says that a "messenger from Satan" came to Paul which became a "thorn in his flesh".

A "thorn in Paul's flesh", is not Paul having sin issues.
This type of Thorn is what Jesus refers to when He said.>"in this world you shall have Tribulation".

If you have a bible, which i doubt, then when you look up the verse, which i doubt you've ever read, you'll discover for the 1st time that Paul prayed 3 times for God to take away this THORN.

So, that is not Paul confessing sin 3 times.

You should burn your commentary and get out of whatever "church" you belong to that has you deep into their deception.
Believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.