Works Salvation is FALSE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Works Salvation

James_2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

This is my rebuke against works salvation. I say these words with kindness to you, but I also get straight to the point. Capital letters are meant to emphasize my point, because I still love you my friend. As well, I am VERY VERY STRICT when it comes to salvation!

Faith alone is what saves us. Not works salvation. Works salvation is completely false, it's only faith alone in Jesus Christ that saves us.
Romans 4:5 And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

When someone is saved, then the Holy Spirit comes into them, then they are able to produce works, which is what James refers to. Works are not the requirement to salvation, they are the evidence of salvation. And what are these good works, these fruit? Being nice to people, loving others, loving God.
Romans 3:28 For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.

Faith alone is the seed, to plant the tree, then when it's planted it grows and only then does it become able to bear good fruit, to grow fruit. The SEED which is FAITH ALONE salvation saves us! Not the works, not the fruit! Those are just evidence AFTER the fact! How can good works save us if we are only able to perform good works AFTER we are saved. It's IMPOSSIBLE to do good works before being saved. IMPOSSIBLE!!!! Therefore, it's IMPOSSIBLE to be saved by good works.
Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ

Works salvation is heresy! It's completely FALSE. As we know, it's not by the law we are saved, but by grace through faith! This is clearly written multiple times in scripture over and over again.
Galatians 3:22 But the Scripture imprisoned everything under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
John 8:24 I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”
John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

It's an obvious truth, simple, even a child can understand it! Even children can believe in Christ with faith as small as a mustard seed and be saved.
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

Scripture proves this time and time again. Only faith alone in Jesus Christ washes us away of all of our sins. There's NOTHING no work no commandment no law we can follow to cleanse us of our sins, it's only believing in Jesus Christ that we are made righteous through that faith alone. My brother, you must understand that we are all sinners, every single one of us, no work salvation can save us, only the true righteous faith alone salvation.

How was James saved? Through faith alone salvation! How do we know that James was indeed saved? Through His works from the Holy Spirit that dwells within him! It is the Holy Ghost inside us that allows us to perform works of righteousness, because other wise, like Isaiah says, our works are like filthy rags! Filthy being related to menstruations, a female's period blood. We can shed as much blood as we want and it will do nothing to save us, only faith alone in Christ, only Christ's blood saves us.
John 1:12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,

Christ lived a perfect life, He died for our sins and rose again, that's why we are saved through His sacrifice. NONE of us lived a perfect life. CHRIST lived a perfect life. ALL OF US have sin! Christ has NO sin at all! He is pure perfection in human form and in God form.
Galatians 5:6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith

Works never could save us. Even Abraham, in the Old Testament, how was he saved. Well, he believed in the salvation of God, who is Jesus Christ, and it was counted on him as righteousness. That's how we are saved. Anyone who teaches the false works salvation is leading people astray from Christ!
John 6:35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.

Faith alone salvation points people in the accurate direction towards Christ, because the whole process is about Jesus. Jesus saves us, we believe in Jesus and we are saved! All Jesus. There's absolutely zero human works put into it. Charity doesn't save us, donations, don't save us, believing in other religions that aren't Jesus Christ, the Lord, God, don't save us. Only faith alone in Jesus Christ saves us!
Romans 11:6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace. [No longer meaning never.

You know who else teaches works salvation, ALL FALSE RELIGIONS. The Muslims who follow the false belief in Islam, the fake beliefs Hinduists hold, the lies of the Buddhists, the trickery of the Jehovah's Witnesses, the deceit of Lordship Salvationists, and the abomination that is Satanism! Yes, some Satanists are humanist secularist atheists (atheism, which is weird because they believe in Satan yet don't believe in God, clearly a contradiction) who think they can do some random charity work and make themselves seen as good. FALSE!!!! False false false completely wrong.
James 2:23 And the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”—and he was called a friend of God.

I am completely against anyone who leads people astray due to works salvation. It is ANTI-evangelism! The complete opposite of saving people, because we can only be saved by faith alone in Jesus Christ! Amen. That, my friend is the BIBLE TRUTH!
Romans 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ

Look at this verse!
Galatians 3:8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.”
God justified the Gentiles by FAITH. FAITH!!!! Faith alone in Jesus Christ is what saved them. Abraham believed in God through FAITH and he was saved. Sure, Abraham did many good works for God, but those good works aren't what saved Him, it was the faith alone that Abraham had that saved them. It's the faith alone that Gentiles have in Jesus Christ that washes them with their sins.
Romans 3:24 And are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,

Faith alone salvation is about getting clean, taking a bath, in the spiritual sense. When we have sin, even one, and we all have sin, because we all have Original Sin from the Garden of Eden, then we are dirty. A dirty person can do as much good works as they want, but that doesn't change the fact that they're still DIRTY! UNCLEAN in the eyes of the Lord! How can we get clean? Only the Blood of Jesus Christ that He shed on the cross washes away all our sins!
Genesis 15:6 And he believed the Lord, and he counted it to him as righteousness.

Anyone who teaches works salvation teaches the same false doctrine as literally every other false religion of man. A works salvationist has the same credibility as a Pagan, a Wiccan, an Agnostic in terms of salvation. Nothing we do can ever save us, it's only faith alone in Jesus Christ who saves us.
John 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

Thus eventually everyone will believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone and we will all be made CLEAN in the eyes of the Lord. Thus everyone will be saved.
Philippians 2:10-11: "At the name of Jesus every knee will bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

We are saved by grace through faith alone in Jesus Christ. Grace is grace, no matter if we work or not. We are not saved by works. Works salvation is false. We are saved by faith alone in Jesus Christ.

Only when someone is saved by faith alone, then they can perform good works. Faith is the seed, good works are the fruit. Good works are not required for salvation at all, it's FAITH ALONE, that's it, the simple Gospel TRUTH! We can only produce the fruit AFTER we believe in Jesus. Because only then are we made clean, only then the Holy Spirit comes into us and we are seen as righteous before the Lord. Without being saved by faith alone, all our good works are FILTHY RAGS!!

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Reactions: 360watt

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Works Salvation

This is my rebuke against works salvation. I say these words with kindness to you, but I also get straight to the point. Capital letters are meant to emphasize my point, because I still love you my friend. As well, I am VERY VERY STRICT when it comes to salvation!

Faith alone is what saves us. Not works salvation. Works salvation is completely false, it's only faith alone in Jesus Christ that saves us.
Romans 4:5 And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

When someone is saved, then the Holy Spirit comes into them, then they are able to produce works, which is what James refers to. Works are not the requirement to salvation, they are the evidence of salvation. And what are these good works, these fruit? Being nice to people, loving others, loving God.
Romans 3:28 For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.

Faith alone is the seed, to plant the tree, then when it's planted it grows and only then does it become able to bear good fruit, to grow fruit. The SEED which is FAITH ALONE salvation saves us! Not the works, not the fruit! Those are just evidence AFTER the fact! How can good works save us if we are only able to perform good works AFTER we are saved. It's IMPOSSIBLE to do good works before being saved. IMPOSSIBLE!!!! Therefore, it's IMPOSSIBLE to be saved by good works.
Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ

Works salvation is heresy! It's completely FALSE. As we know, it's not by the law we are saved, but by grace through faith! This is clearly written multiple times in scripture over and over again.
Galatians 3:22 But the Scripture imprisoned everything under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
John 8:24 I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”
John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

It's an obvious truth, simple, even a child can understand it! Even children can believe in Christ with faith as small as a mustard seed and be saved.
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

Scripture proves this time and time again. Only faith alone in Jesus Christ washes us away of all of our sins. There's NOTHING no work no commandment no law we can follow to cleanse us of our sins, it's only believing in Jesus Christ that we are made righteous through that faith alone. My brother, you must understand that we are all sinners, every single one of us, no work salvation can save us, only the true righteous faith alone salvation.

How was James saved? Through faith alone salvation! How do we know that James was indeed saved? Through His works from the Holy Spirit that dwells within him! It is the Holy Ghost inside us that allows us to perform works of righteousness, because other wise, like Isaiah says, our works are like filthy rags! Filthy being related to menstruations, a female's period blood. We can shed as much blood as we want and it will do nothing to save us, only faith alone in Christ, only Christ's blood saves us.
John 1:12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,

Christ lived a perfect life, He died for our sins and rose again, that's why we are saved through His sacrifice. NONE of us lived a perfect life. CHRIST lived a perfect life. ALL OF US have sin! Christ has NO sin at all! He is pure perfection in human form and in God form.
Galatians 5:6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith

Works never could save us. Even Abraham, in the Old Testament, how was he saved. Well, he believed in the salvation of God, who is Jesus Christ, and it was counted on him as righteousness. That's how we are saved. Anyone who teaches the false works salvation is leading people astray from Christ!
John 6:35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.

Faith alone salvation points people in the accurate direction towards Christ, because the whole process is about Jesus. Jesus saves us, we believe in Jesus and we are saved! All Jesus. There's absolutely zero human works put into it. Charity doesn't save us, donations, don't save us, believing in other religions that aren't Jesus Christ, the Lord, God, don't save us. Only faith alone in Jesus Christ saves us!
Romans 11:6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace. [No longer meaning never.

You know who else teaches works salvation, ALL FALSE RELIGIONS. The Muslims who follow the false belief in Islam, the fake beliefs Hinduists hold, the lies of the Buddhists, the trickery of the Jehovah's Witnesses, the deceit of Lordship Salvationists, and the abomination that is Satanism! Yes, some Satanists are humanist secularist atheists (atheism, which is weird because they believe in Satan yet don't believe in God, clearly a contradiction) who think they can do some random charity work and make themselves seen as good. FALSE!!!! False false false completely wrong.
James 2:23 And the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”—and he was called a friend of God.

I am completely against anyone who leads people astray due to works salvation. It is ANTI-evangelism! The complete opposite of saving people, because we can only be saved by faith alone in Jesus Christ! Amen. That, my friend is the BIBLE TRUTH!
Romans 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ

Look at this verse!
Galatians 3:8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.”
God justified the Gentiles by FAITH. FAITH!!!! Faith alone in Jesus Christ is what saved them. Abraham believed in God through FAITH and he was saved. Sure, Abraham did many good works for God, but those good works aren't what saved Him, it was the faith alone that Abraham had that saved them. It's the faith alone that Gentiles have in Jesus Christ that washes them with their sins.
Romans 3:24 And are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,

Faith alone salvation is about getting clean, taking a bath, in the spiritual sense. When we have sin, even one, and we all have sin, because we all have Original Sin from the Garden of Eden, then we are dirty. A dirty person can do as much good works as they want, but that doesn't change the fact that they're still DIRTY! UNCLEAN in the eyes of the Lord! How can we get clean? Only the Blood of Jesus Christ that He shed on the cross washes away all our sins!
Genesis 15:6 And he believed the Lord, and he counted it to him as righteousness.

Anyone who teaches works salvation teaches the same false doctrine as literally every other false religion of man. A works salvationist has the same credibility as a Pagan, a Wiccan, an Agnostic in terms of salvation. Nothing we do can ever save us, it's only faith alone in Jesus Christ who saves us.
John 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

Thus eventually everyone will believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone and we will all be made CLEAN in the eyes of the Lord. Thus everyone will be saved.
Philippians 2:10-11: "At the name of Jesus every knee will bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

We are saved by grace through faith alone in Jesus Christ. Grace is grace, no matter if we work or not. We are not saved by works. Works salvation is false. We are saved by faith alone in Jesus Christ.

Only when someone is saved by faith alone, then they can perform good works. Faith is the seed, good works are the fruit. Good works are not required for salvation at all, it's FAITH ALONE, that's it, the simple Gospel TRUTH! We can only produce the fruit AFTER we believe in Jesus. Because only then are we made clean, only then the Holy Spirit comes into us and we are seen as righteous before the Lord. Without being saved by faith alone, all our good works are FILTHY RAGS!!

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Works Salvation

Look at this verse!

As I read the scriptures it is by faith, not by faith ALONE.

Reactions: Brakelite

360watt

Jun 6, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Works cannot save. A lost person is filthy in God's eyes. Nothing redemptive about just being human.

What is the rappers line I heard? Thinking good works will get you to heaven is like putting perfume in a corpse.

Reactions: mailmandan

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Works cannot save. A lost person is filthy in God's eyes. Nothing redemptive about just being human.

What is the rappers line I heard? Thinking good works will get you to heaven is like putting perfume in a corpse.
We are not talking about lost sinners and is the saint really "filthy" in God's eyes?
Really not into "rappers"

Zec 3:1 And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.
Zec 3:2 And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?
Zec 3:3 Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.
Zec 3:4 And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.
Zec 3:5 And I said, Let them set a fair mitre upon his head. So they set a fair mitre upon his head, and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the LORD stood by.
Zec 3:6 And the angel of the LORD protested unto Joshua, saying,
Zec 3:7 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by.
Zec 3:8 Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH.
Zec 3:9 For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.
Zec 3:10 In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall ye call every man his neighbour under the vine and under the fig tree.

Looks like there is "work" to be done for genuine believers in Christ.

We see here a beautiful typology in Jesus, we are clothed with the righteousness of God in Christ, laying down of old garments, putting on new garments. The God of the Imperatives.

Ever read "Miserable Christianity?" That's not me.

James would disagree with you.

Jas 2:14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?
Jas 2:15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food,
Jas 2:16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that?
Jas 2:17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Jas 2:18 But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
Jas 2:19 You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder!
Jas 2:20 Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless?
Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up his son Isaac on the altar?
Jas 2:22 You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works;
Jas 2:23 and the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”—and he was called a friend of God.
Jas 2:24 You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.
Jas 2:25 And in the same way was not also Rahab the prostitute justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way?
Jas 2:26 For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.

Is that what you are doing? Or is James contradicting Paul?

Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,
Eph 2:9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

J.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Rev_20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Rev_20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Link this with the other scripture references I have shown you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
As I read the scriptures it is by faith, not by faith ALONE.

Faith is not the savior., unless Faith died on the Cross for your sin.

God is the Savior and Christ is the means and the WAY. John 14:6

God saves us THROUGH Faith......by accepting our faith in Christ to then apply the Blood Atonement and the New Birth.

So, if a believer is "holding unto my faith to go to heaven", then you are trusting in Faith, instead of trusting in Christ.

That is to have "faith in faith" instead of having REAL Faith in CHRIST.

That is a subtle subversive trick of the devil, as it seems right to the mind of the FLESH, but is actually just one more SELF EFFORT in place of the Cross.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ saves us through faith based on the merits of His finished work of redemption "alone" and not based on the merits of our works. (Romans 3:24-28; 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9)

It is through faith "in Christ alone" (and not based on the merits of our works) that we are justified on account of Christ (Romans 3:24; 5:1; 5:9); yet the faith that justifies does not remain alone (unfruitful, barren) if it is genuine (James 2:14-24).

Reactions: Nancy and Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It is through faith "in Christ alone" (and not based on the merits of our works) that we are justified on account of Christ (Romans 3:24; 5:1; 5:9); yet the faith that justifies does not remain alone (unfruitful, barren) if it is genuine (James 2:14-24).
Amen brother, what I was getting at, but some here don't read a post through, but are determined to "catch you on your words/ekpeiradzo" and this not a good metaphor in Greek.
Stay strong in Christ.
J.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Christ saves us through faith based on the merits of His finished work of redemption "alone" and not based on the merits of our works. (Romans 3:24-28; 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9)

Yes.

and here is what a self deceived or legalist deceived person, can't understand.

They can't understand that UNBELIEVERS can do the very same good deeds they are trying to do, to try to stay saved or be saved, or to try to get and keep God's acceptance.

The deceived believer, thinks......that their works are now valuable to God, not understanding that a ATHEIST can do the same good deeds they are practicing as their daily idea of "christianity">

What they can't see or understand is that we have nothing we can offer God that is accepted to justify us, as how can we compete with God's Son who is SINLESS
We can't..
And that is what a Legalist is trying to do. And that is what people like Randy Kluth and Episkipos are trying to get you BELIEVE.
They are trying to lead you into LEGALISM..which is to try to present your works in competition with the Cross of Christ as if they measure up based on deeds and lifestyle and opinion.

See that?
That is extreme pride to believe you could do that.... Reader.
Extreme.

360watt

Jun 6, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
We are not talking about lost sinners and is the saint really "filthy" in God's eyes?
Really not into "rappers"

Zec 3:1 And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.
Zec 3:2 And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?
Zec 3:3 Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.
Zec 3:4 And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.
Zec 3:5 And I said, Let them set a fair mitre upon his head. So they set a fair mitre upon his head, and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the LORD stood by.
Zec 3:6 And the angel of the LORD protested unto Joshua, saying,
Zec 3:7 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by.
Zec 3:8 Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH.
Zec 3:9 For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.
Zec 3:10 In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall ye call every man his neighbour under the vine and under the fig tree.

Looks like there is "work" to be done for genuine believers in Christ.

We see here a beautiful typology in Jesus, we are clothed with the righteousness of God in Christ, laying down of old garments, putting on new garments. The God of the Imperatives.

Ever read "Miserable Christianity?" That's not me.

James would disagree with you.

Jas 2:14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?
Jas 2:15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food,
Jas 2:16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that?
Jas 2:17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Jas 2:18 But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
Jas 2:19 You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder!
Jas 2:20 Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless?
Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up his son Isaac on the altar?
Jas 2:22 You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works;
Jas 2:23 and the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”—and he was called a friend of God.
Jas 2:24 You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.
Jas 2:25 And in the same way was not also Rahab the prostitute justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way?
Jas 2:26 For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.

Is that what you are doing? Or is James contradicting Paul?

Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,
Eph 2:9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

J.
No contradiction between James and Paul.

James is mostly about what happens after salvation in Acts of service to God..in response to what had already been given a believer..eternal life.

Paul is more on the salvation process itself.. not by works by grace thru faith in Christ. Of course he has service being addressed also, the same as James.. in response to eternal life already given to the believer.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Works salvation is completely false

“…work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.” (Philippians 2:12)

“…give diligence to make your calling and election sure…” (2 Peter 1:10)

Christ saves us through faith based on the merits of His finished work of redemption "alone" and not based on the merits of our works.

“…thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.” (Romans 11:20-22)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
“…work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.” (Philippians 2:12)

The verse says its. your own.
This means you have it., not that you are trying to get it, or keep it.

So, you are to "work out" what you "OWN"........what is yours.....= "the Gift of Salvation".

That is to get your faith right.
How will you know when its right? = that you've "worked it out"??

You will never again believe that salvation can be lost, and you will never try to earn it or keep itl

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i think as long as salvation is falsely conflated with immortality after death this confusion and lack of understanding will continue.
What does "salvation" really mean? Salvation, from what?
Can you Quote that one, single, time?

360watt

Jun 6, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
i think as long as salvation is falsely conflated with immortality after death this confusion and lack of understanding will continue.
What does "salvation" really mean? Salvation, from what?
Can you Quote that one, single, time?

Eternal salvation is thru believing Jesus is God.. that He died and rose again to forgive you of your sin.. that He lived sinless. That by believing in Him you have eternal life. That's salvation. Works are the response to having received it.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Works Salvation

Look at this verse!

Of course it's false. A lie of the Devil.

We have been saved by grace through faith.

And this of God! Not of ourselves! So that none may boast.

But they do. And they are false.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Eternal salvation is thru believing Jesus is God
no offense but you most likely do ot even know what "eternal" means, if you think it means "forever"
that He died and rose again to forgive you of your sin.. that He lived sinless. That by believing in Him you have eternal life. That's salvation. Works are the response to having received it.
yes, i read the brochure about fifty years ago hon, and you havent even started reading the Bible yet k
No son of man may die for another's sins...
There is only One Immortal...
All go to the same place
No one knows where they go when they die
Who seeks to save his soul
(that's you btw) will lose it
etc

but to the subject of the op--and my q--can you Quote this "salvation= immortality in heaven after you have died" even once?