Your measure of faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All Christians have been given some faith. But we can fool ourselves regarding the quantity and quality of faith we have. I have especially seen this in young believers who get a little revelation and take off with it like they have it immediately walked out and written in their hearts.

I think, "Bless them, Father, for that sign of repentance they show –zeal --but Lord, please put a leash on them."

Paul explains well this phenomenon.
Romans 12:3, “ For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.”

Again, we have all been given a measure of faith, but is the quantity equally distributed? In the second letter to Peter this amount given to each believer is called “like precious faith” (2 Peter 1:1)

Does this mean we each have the same proportion of faith?

Truth is, some of God’s people may actually have no faith at all.
Deut. 32:20, “And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.”

But how is this possible to have no faith when we’ve all been given a measure of faith? Remember those two false teachers, Hymenaeus and Philetus, who went around telling everyone that the resurrection had passed already?

By not shunning their “profane and vain babblings” brothers and sisters who gave heed to these two false teachers lost their grip on the truth. (2 Tim. 2:16). Their foundation was shaken. (Ps. 11:3)

In addition to having no faith, having dead faith is also possible.
James 2:17, “Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.”

The different proportions of faith found in Scripture include:
Being weak in faith, Romans 4:19
Having little faith, Matt. 6:30
Being full of faith., Acts 6:5
Being rich in faith, James 2:5
Being strong in faith, Romans 4:20
Having great faith, Matt. 8:10

What is the cause of these changes? One's growth in faith.
3 Thess. 1:3, “We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly,” (more to come)

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just now my faith in God is strong but my faith for a specific answer to prayer is not. Sometimes when I have heard from God my faith increases for that specific thing and I see it happen. If God tells me something then I can have the faith that it will happen but I can't manufacture it.

Reactions: Hope in God

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I oftentimes want to keep away from any mention of faith because of the abuse it has caused within the body of Christ. But, since it is the second of the six foundational principles listed in Hebrews 6, this important truth must be laid in order for a believer to go on to perfection or maturity. That's why I share it.

Sadly, this principle listed as "faith toward God" has been devilishly transformed within the WOF garrisons. Adherents continue to hand over all their hard-earned cash, wooed by the most widely adopted false doctrine to hit the church, Oral Roberts' great money making concept known as Seed Faith, in anticipation of receiving in return a hundredfold bonus.

For the numerous multi-millionaire wolves found within this false teaching empire they know they have hit on a gold mine. The most prosperous of these men has reached a fortune of $746 million. So why would any one of them repent and stop deceiving the undereducated and biblically illiterate? Because novice believers are far too attached to the promise of wealth fed to them by their many wolves in sheep's clothing and continue to add to their vast financial empires. Entirely built on filthy lucre, the WOF deceivers have been well examined and discerned by trustworthy men of God over the years. The truth about them has been well publicized, and still, the fans of the prosperity gospel stay glued to their seats in the hopes of also growing wealthy.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I oftentimes want to keep away from any mention of faith because of the abuse it has caused within the body of Christ. But, since it is the second of the six foundational principles listed in Hebrews 6, this important truth must be laid in order for a believer to go on to perfection or maturity. That's why I share it.

Sadly, this principle listed as "faith toward God" has been devilishly transformed within the WOF garrisons. Adherents continue to hand over all their hard-earned cash, wooed by the most widely adopted false doctrine to hit the church, Oral Roberts' great money making concept known as Seed Faith, in anticipation of receiving in return a hundredfold bonus.

For the numerous multi-millionaire wolves found within this false teaching empire they know they have hit on a gold mine. The most prosperous of these men has reached a fortune of $746 million. So why would any one of them repent and stop deceiving the undereducated and biblically illiterate? Because novice believers are far too attached to the promise of wealth fed to them by their many wolves in sheep's clothing and continue to add to their vast financial empires. Entirely built on filthy lucre, the WOF deceivers have been well examined and discerned by trustworthy men of God over the years. The truth about them has been well publicized, and still, the fans of the prosperity gospel stay glued to their seats in the hopes of also growing wealthy.
They will one day have to answer to God for their actions.

I do believe that when we need something God will provide. Like if we needed a car for use in His service he would make sure we had one, one way or another. Not that it would be a top of the range brand new model but one that was adequate for the job. Not that many of us would need a car - I don't have one.

In my own life I know he provides and I have faith that he will keep providing all that I need - not all that I want. Over thirty years ago when we were in the process of buying this house we now live in, the couple who were buying our old one held up the sale and the estate agents told us we would have to pay a deposit or they would put this house back on the market. We didn't have the cash for a deposit but I wasn't worried one bit as I knew God had given it to us so nobody else could have it.

We do not have a lot of money and we never have, but we have always considered ourselves richly blessed with contentment, peace of mind and all that we need with some left over to bless others with. I do believe in a God who keeps his promises but I so hate these preachers you mentioned that grow obscenely wealthy by manipulating vulnerable people.

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They will one day have to answer to God for their actions.
We do not have a lot of money and we never have, but we have always considered ourselves richly blessed with contentment, peace of mind and all that we need with some left over to bless others with. I do believe in a God who keeps his promises but I so hate these preachers you mentioned that grow obscenely wealthy by manipulating vulnerable people.

I am planning to add more from my notebooks regarding faith, with the hope that a more balanced view of the principle will arise from my writing. May that most misleading false teaching not be all that is heard. I would like to offer readers a chance to understand the principle of faith in God as it should be and not as it has been taught within the prosperity mansions of the WOF camps.