Zechariah 14 . . . Fulfilled? or Future?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well all you did is quote whtr you think my emotional and spiritual state is so you are quoting you and you.

But have the last word. I am sure we will tangle again on another thread. Hyper spiritual faux prophets like you are a dime a dozen.
You are obviously projecting.

I quoted you...and the scriptures, and your actions against the Spirit speak for themselves.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am talking about Isaiah 65 as the 1,000 years. You are talking as if there is no end in Isaiah 65. 300 years is just a point of time after the start. Children are still being born after 300 years, no?

100 years later at the 400 year mark, they are still children, no? If a child dies before reaching 100, they are still dead, no?

That is death. Prove Isaiah 65 denies birth or death. You claim a birth after 300 years, means those people died prior to the point they were even born. Isaiah 65 after the new heaven and new earth clearly points out birth and death. Those born most certainly have the ability to die before they reach 100. What is the point of Scripture mentioning something if you think or even demand it does not happen?

Obviously. That is why Isaiah 65 is talking about Revelation 20.

Isaiah 65 is not talking about Revelation 21!

If you claim Isaiah 65:20 should have been a verse before Isaiah 65:17, you will have to take that up with God and Isaiah. Can you rearrange all the verses in Isaiah 65 into your own words, to fix the Word of God and still make sense? Perhaps if you wrote the chapter the way you think it should go it would be more convincing than how it is currently written?

No I didn't claim anyone is born or dies in Isaiah 65

My point being is that I showed that the very same verses are in Isaiah 65 and Revelation 21 which is at the end of our world in the new heaven

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regarding Zech 14:1-2- The 'all' for all nations, are the foreign nationals of/within the Roman army during the generation of Christ that plundered and destroyed the physical city of Jerusalem in 70 AD.

Regarding Zech 14: 3-5a - Christ will protect his people during the time after 70 AD until he returns again. It continues today.

Regarding Zech 14:5b-11..Then..) No one will touch or harm the New Jerusalem, the city of constant lights, the Body of Christ when Christ returns and transforms the heavens and earth anew. All nations, throughout every generation have tried to destroy the Body, since Christ was on earth, and failed. And they continue and will try their best to attack and destroy it before Christ returns for his Bride.

No one ever tries to attack New Jerusalem because when it descends, there are no evil people in the world anymore.

Reactions: Marty fox

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I didn't claim anyone is born or dies in Isaiah 65

My point being is that I showed that the very same verses are in Isaiah 65 and Revelation 21 which is at the end of our world in the new heaven
You mean same words?

Revelation 21 does not state "birth" and "death" and "sinners".

Why do you reject there is birth and death in Isaiah 65?

And the 1,000 years is at the end of the world as well.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean same words?

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
Isa 65:18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
Isa 65:19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.
Isa 65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

Death still exists here.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

The two passages do not match and are NOT the same.

Reactions: marks

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
Isa 65:18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
Isa 65:19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.
Isa 65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

Death still exists here.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

The two passages do not match and are NOT the same.
Why are you telling me? I am asking Marty fox. You agree with him, but he does not agree with you.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are obviously projecting.

I quoted you...and the scriptures, and your actions against the Spirit speak for themselves.

Well as you are unfit to be my judge, I take your presumptuousness with an ocean of salt! Well you quoted my words, then added your own conclusions as to teh intent of my words- that is sin!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You mean same words?

Because you omit the whole rest of that section in Isaiah 65 for one verse. So if that verse contradicts the rest of the section then it can’t be the right interpretation because scripture can’t contradict scripture this below is a rule of thumb

The whole of scripture is greater than the sum of its individual passages. You can not comprehend the bible as a whole without comprehending its individual passages and you cannot comprehend its individual passages without comprehending the bible as a whole. The individual passages can never be interpreted in a way as to conflict the whole of scripture

So if it says

“See, I will create
new heavens and a new earth.
The former things will not be remembered,
nor will they come to mind.
18 But be glad and rejoice forever
in what I will create,
for I will create Jerusalem to be a delight
and its people a joy.
19 I will rejoice over Jerusalem
and take delight in my people;
the sound of weeping and of crying
will be heard in it no more.

Then how can their be physical death?

The death was the spiritual death of the ones which perished in the lake of fire. That’s why it says that they are accused and not just dead

Last edited:
Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because you omit the whole rest of that section in Isaiah 65 for one verse. So if that verse contradicts the rest of the section then it can’t be the right interpretation because scripture can’t contradict scripture this below is a rule of thumb

The whole of scripture is greater than the sum of its individual passages. You can not comprehend the bible as a whole without comprehending its individual passages and you cannot comprehend its individual passages without comprehending the bible as a whole. The individual passages can never be interpreted in a way as to conflict the whole of scripture

So if it says

“See, I will create
in what I will create,
and its people a joy.

The death was the spiritual death of the ones which perished in the lake of fire.
Marty, it is so true that when we attempt to interpret and draw conclusions from scripture, both the micro and macro views in scripture under study must be always examined concurrently and re-aligned if necessary, in synch, in harmony.

Reactions: Marty fox

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So if it says

“See, I will create
in what I will create,
and its people a joy.

The death was the spiritual death of the ones which perished in the lake of fire. That’s why it says that they are accused and not just dead
None of the verses you quoted address death at all. Then you ask about death. You also left out the verses about death. Death is not defeated until 1,000 years after the Second Coming. Many claim there was a new heaven and earth created in 70AD. Yet when it will literally happen after the Second Coming to allow for a 1,000 year reign with Christ, they then object. People only die because they disobey God. Problem solved. Don't rock the boat, and you won't fall into the water.

There is a new heaven, because at the Second Coming all the stars come to earth, since the stars are angels just doing their created task. After the 70th week is completed, the angels could easily go back into a totally different arrangement, thus a new heaven. The earth is changed at the Second Coming and during the GT as well. So, yes there easily is a new created earth, and all the works of the former earth burned in fire. Revelation 6:14

"And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places."

If God does not create a new earth, there would be no where to live but a burned up and messed up landscape. Isaiah 65:17 is not being deceptive, nor giving us a totally different earth. There will not even be separated continents, because division will no longer be necessary as all will be ruled over by Christ. How this is not a newly created earth is baffling.