1 Corinthians 14, Acts 2, and Mark 16:17-18.... are NOT the same!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 CORINTHIANS 14

In the KJV BIBLE, the Printer is telling/warning the English reader that ALL italicized words are NOT in the Original Manuscripts, that means, the word "unknown" is alien to the Greek. God is a God of order and not a God of confusion

Note how Paul argues that when you bless with the spirit, how shall anyone say Amen at your giving thanks, seeing he does not understand what you said, for prophesying is the more excellent way to give thanks well [while the other is not edified], but to edify the church that by his voice he might TEACH others also, than speak ten thousand words in an tongue.

ACTS 2

Likewise, at Pentecost, there were about fifteen different known languages that were heard by the people in the tongue they were born with! In fact, this was prophesied by Joel in the Old Testament as God said:
"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions."

Note the word "prophesy" is the same word as in 1 Corinthians 14?

Mark 16

Whereas the term "they will speak with new tongues" that is, before we became saved the language that we spoke could be English, German, or Spanish. Now that we have become saved we still speak the same language we were born with English, German, and Spanish, but now we speak the heavenly language like salvation, grace, and love, where we have never spoken before conversion: we spoke the language of the world. Likewise, the rest of the signs in verses 17-18 are to follow those that believe.

The above is a short explanation why I believe the character of the three events are not the same!

There are no evidence that there were "falling backwards," holy laughter," speaking in unknown tongues.... etc.

I hope it helps.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited: