A blow by blow account of Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your overview of the linage. I'd never heard any of that. Neither read those other books.

Well it was my bad for coming into the thread half way though and not understanding what you two were arguing about!! :)
It just came across as if you knew something that Willie didn't and were reluctant to tell him what the answer was.
But I agree, I had not started from the beginning of this thread.

Bless you both. Helen.
You actually called it right, Helen. He was trying his best to make me say the name he wanted to hear. And it seems to have incensed him that I simply gave him the verse to read to get his answer. It was just a "control" thing on both our parts.... Him trying to make me say a word he had chosen, and me refusing to be brow-beaten.

And the whole thing started because he said he used "proof text" to decide what books to read... and I said that I, instead, tried to use as much of the total Bible as I could to reach such decisions.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you for your overview of the linage. I'd never heard any of that. Neither read those other books.

You are welcome Helen.

I spent many months putting the Old Testament into chronological order and that attached PDF was my attempt to put the chronological order that I had recorded in a spreadsheet, into a visual representation that presented all of the information within the context of that image.

I had to resolve the Dilemma of Stephen statement created by a miss understanding by previous scholars such as Bishop Ussher as to who Stephen was referring to. It was not until I have got to the Genesis 22: 21 - 24 passage that the answer became obvious to me and that the Genesis 10 - 11 chronologies were correct and on further investigation as to how long Abraham might have spent in Haran before leaving, that the death of Noah occurred while Abraham was still in Haran and that it occurred around 16 years before he left his fathers house which is in line with what we are told in Genesis 12:1.

Genesis 12 : 1: - 12:1 Now the Lord had said to Abram:
"Get out of your country, {done when Abraham left Ur.}
From your family {Done when Abraham had left Ur as Nahor is not recorded as leaving with Terah and Abraham to go towards Canaan.}
And from your father's house, {Done when Abraham left his fathers household to go towards the Land of Canaan}
To a land that I will show you.
If Abraham had left Haran, after his father had died, then he would not have left his fathers house, it would have belonged to someone else, possibly Nahor through inheritance, maybe.

Not everybody is able to hold conflicting facts up in the air unresolved, waiting for a resolution that answers all of the unanswered questions.

This is what we have to do sometimes with what is recorded in the scriptures.

I trust that I have been able to provide you with a small insight in this instance.

Shalom

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Seals of Rev.6 are the signs Jesus gave in His Olivet discourse. There's really only 7 signs of the end Jesus gave in total. The Revelation seals, trumpets, and vials are simply expansions of those same 7 signs.

The 6th Seal latter part, and the 7th Trumpet, and 7th Vial all happen concurrently. Jesus returns on the 6th Seal, 7th Trumpet, 7th Vial. The pseudo-Christ appears on the first part of the 6th Seal, 6th Trumpet, and 6th Vial.

After Jesus' disciples on the Mount of Olives with Him asked Him what would be the sign of His coming and of the end of the world, the first warning He gave was to not allow any man to deceive us, and warning of those saying, "I am Christ" (Matt.24:4-5). In Rev.6 that is the 1st Seal with the rider on the white horse wielding a bow of cheap fabric trying to mimic how Jesus comes. That 1st Seal rider represents the coming pseudo-Christ.

The Matt.24:6 warning about wars and rumors of wars, kingdom against kingdom, etc., is about the 2nd Seal of Rev.6, a red horse.

The Matt.24:7 verse about famines aligns with the 3rd Seal of Rev.6 which is about a black horse with one having balances. The idea of a measure of wheat for a penny is about the idea of day's wages to buy a loaf of bread.

The 4th Seal also is about the events of Matt.24:7-10. With the pale horse, the rider is "Death", which is another title for Satan. Power being given unto 'them' to kill with the sword, with hunger, with death, and with beasts are symbolic of the locust army of Joel 2 overtaking the wealth of God's people at the very end of this world. This is where I believe we are right now.

The locusts represent Satan's servants in control in high places among the nations which are slowly bringing about a "one world government" over all peoples. Someone once said (Goldwater?) you can divy up all things in this world under 4 main categories: military (sword), financial (hunger), religion (death, but spiritual death via false teaching), and political (beasts as the brute beasts, not literal animals).

The 5th Seal parallels the events of Matt.24:9-14 about the delivering up of some of the saints to give a Testimony for Jesus. The 5th Seal shows saints that were beheaded for their Testimony under the altar in Heaven asking God how long, and are told to wait a little while until their brethren on earth are killed as they were. This represents the time beginning just prior to the AOD being setup in Jerusalem to the end of the latter 1260 days.

Matt.24:15-28 when the AOD is placed in Jerusalem represents the period of the latter 1260 days of Daniel's symbolic "one week". It parallels the first part of the 6th Seal when Satan and his angels as untimely figs are cast out of the heavenly dimension down to our earthly dimension, literally on earth. Untimely figs represent winter figs that grow in the winter but fall off in the spring. The pseudo-Christ will arrive early to rapture the deceived. Our Lord Jesus will return at the end of the tribulation. We are to wait on Jesus.

When I started viewing Revelation as a detailed blow by blow description of every end times prophecy written in the old & new testament, things started to become clearer. After having discussions with others concerning end times prophecy, I now believe the order of events can be boiled down to this list. I mostly had a good understanding of Revelation, but I’m certain I mostly have a full understanding of it now. This is the way it currently makes the most sense to me:

1. Seven Seals begin Great Tribulation - marters

2. Day of the Lord

3. Saints still present on earth are given the seal of God on their forehead

4. Seventh seal is opened, ushering in the judgment of the seven trumpets

5. Temple of God built and measured, and handed over to Apollyon in Rev 11, the "beast from the bottomless pit".

6. The Two Witnesses are sent to crash the "beasts" parade, who I refer to as the 'party crashers', which puts an end to the "Great Tribulation" period. Rev 12-13 and 17-19:11 are actually retelling that entire period.

7. The saints that were sealed with the seal of God are "caught up" in the sky and brought out of the way prior to the coming seven vials judgement, as shown in the scriptures below describing the saints standing on a sea of glass, which is symbolic of earth.

8. Jesus Christ finally arrives on the scene with his army to kick some serious ass

9. The "beast from the bottomless pit" and the false prophet gets tossed into the lake of fire.

9. Satan gets imprisoned into the bottomless pit and the millennial reign of Christ ensues.

10. The millennial period ends, Satan gets tossed in the lake of fire with the beast and false prophet, starting the great white throne judgement, causing the heaven's and earth to pass away.

11. A new heaven and earth is created and the Father descends from heaven with New Jerusalem to dwell with his creation on earth for all eternity.