A Cultural fellowship day

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I went and I won't say I met any friend that I would like to be friends with. :( The people who sat on our table were very nice. I would say 2 of them were in their 50's and one of them was in their 30's. The one in their 30's was very nice but I don't think she's fluent in English. I am most fluent in English than any other language and I didn't feel comfortable with her very much like with a lot of people, not because she wasn't nice, she's nice and a child care giver but I didn't feel we could be friends because I'm not very normal and she is. I have a kind of social anxiety and she doesn't. I have another friend though I met elsewhere at a mental health agency place or whatever you call it and she has schizophrenia, she would think she is God if she doesn't take her medication and she is so nice and friendly and I feel comfortable with her, it seems I feel so comfortable with her and she's a Christian I just found out so I guess I only have 1 real life friend and about 1 online friend and it's better than nothing but it's still sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: GracefulWarrior

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Other than that, I liked the food but I ate a cookie just because I wanted to finish what I took on my plate but I didn't feel very nice after eating it, if only I didn't take that cookie but I wanted to try it, I guess there's nothing wrong with trying things, so confusing! lol I loved the food part the most and I liked the song 'What a beautiful name it is' that we sang. "What a beautiful name it is, what a beautiful name it is, the name of Jesus Christ my king, what a wonderful name it is, nothing compares to this, what a wonderful name it is, the name of Jesus. What a powerful name it is, nothing can stand against, what a powerful name it is, the name of Jesus." The day was good except because of my kind of social anxiety, it felt awkward for me when we were fellowshipping and I felt anxious at times but I tried to hide it.

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. "What a beautiful name it is, what a beautiful name it is, the name of Jesus Christ my king, what a wonderful name it is, nothing compares to this, what a wonderful name it is, the name of Jesus. What a powerful name it is, nothing can stand against, what a powerful name it is, the name of Jesus."
One of my favorite songs..

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Can I get prayers from more fellow Christians that I will find friends that are compatible to me, meaning even if I have a kind of social anxiety with eye contact that since I'm nice I will have enough friends, meaning also that not only will they be nice but also I'll feel comfortable with them? Thanks a lot :)

Last edited:

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm also encouraged there's a ladies prayer gathering happening at my church and a big prayer night happening in 2023 Jan. That will be more opportunity to meet compatible Christian friends and pray for myself and others. prayers would be appreciated!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
how come no replies? I would like prayer on this:
Can I get prayers from more fellow Christians that I will find friends that are compatible to me, meaning even if I have a kind of social anxiety with eye contact that since I'm nice I will have enough friends, meaning also that not only will they be nice but also I'll feel comfortable with them? Thanks a lot :)
I am also afraid I will go to the prayer gathering and the people will be either too young or too old to be my realistic friend. Or they will be incompatible to me or I won't feel comfortable with them, not because there's anything wrong with them. So I do ask for prayer, I think it's worthy of prayer I feel discriminated against that since I posted about Cultural fellowship that I've been treated differently. What shame it is to be called children of God if it's true. I'm okay with friends who are a lot older than me but they won't be a realistic friend.
Also I feel I should say that this social anxiety I have with eye contact is not about sexual abuse. If it's true what I say about this forum then I shouldn't associate with such people. Not talking about those who are praying for me but have not posted.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also think this request is worthy of prayer. As Jesus was a friend to some folks who "didn't quite fit in", may one or two of Jesus's followers likewise reach out to a sister with social anxiety who also would like a friend.

Last edited:
Reactions: thelord's_pearl

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I also think this request is worthy of prayer. As Jesus was a friend to some folks who "didn't quite fit in", may may one or two of Jesus's followers likewise reach out to a sister with social anxiety who also would like a friend.
Thanks Lambano! I like you! You're not a Christian in name only... maybe everyone here wants to pray this in secret. lol Amen!

Today I went to a ladies prayer gathering to see if I can find a friend and to pray for myself and others and to see how it's like. The people there were all nice or ok but I didn't find a nice AND compatible friend, but they were nice. I also felt a lot of them were like my aunt and not compatible to me. Oh well, I tried. I will be going to the big prayer meeting though that's happening in 2023 Jan. I hope there will be someone that's nice and compatible to be friends with in that prayer meeting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lambano

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't want people who are a lot older than me to feel bad that they can't be my realistic friend. I just mean their not my main realistic friend that I would usually hang out and talk to everyday but we can still kind of be friends! For sure, I could be kind-of friends with people who are a lot older

Last edited:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying now