A VERY SMALL REMNANT

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 1:9 Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.

Paul cited this verse in Romans 9:29.

This verse is speaking of the remnant of Israel. The remnant that was of faith.

In Romans 9:24 and Romans 9:30 Paul is speaking of the Gentiles who also by faith are included in the remnant of Israel.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Romans 9:24 and Romans 9:30 Paul is speaking of the Gentiles who also by faith are included in the remnant of Israel.

What you have written makes sense to me! True Jews are the Remnant, and ironically, a True Jew is the exact same thing as a True Christian.

Romans 2:28-29 NLT - "For you are not a true Jew just because you were born of Jewish parents or because you have gone through the ceremony of circumcision. 29 No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God. And true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law; rather, it is a change of heart produced by God's Spirit. And a person with a changed heart seeks praise from God, not from people."

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you have written makes sense to me! True Jews are the Remnant, and ironically, a True Jew is the exact same thing as a True Christian.
In this dispensation believing Jew and Gentile are in the body of Christ.
Romans 9 is talking about the remnant of Israel (see Romans 9:27)....the Gentiles who believed in Romans 9 through 11 are not Gentiles in the body, they are Gentiles who believed the preaching of Peter and the apostles and are in the remnant of Israel...they are Gentiles such that are found in Acts 10:44-48

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In this dispensation believing Jew and Gentile are in the body of Christ.
Romans 9 is talking about the remnant of Israel (see Romans 9:27)....the Gentiles who believed in Romans 9 through 11 are not Gentiles in the body, they are Gentiles who believed the preaching of Peter and the apostles and are in the remnant of Israel...they are Gentiles such that are found in Acts 10:44-48

Now, this time, I don't understand what you're saying.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gentiles who believe are not Jews either as being members of the remnant or by being in the body of Christ.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gentiles who believe are not Jews either as being members of the remnant or by being in the body of Christ.

Maybe if we look at the passages that speaks about all becoming "one new man" would bring clarification? If we are "One new man," then would a True Jew be the same as a True Christian? And wouldn't a True Christian be a True Jew? Paul was Truly Jewish, but didn't he consider himself to be a Christian?

Ephesians 2:14-16 CSB - "For he is our peace, who made both groups one and tore down the dividing wall of hostility. In his flesh, 15 he made of no effect the law consisting of commands and expressed in regulations, so that he might create in himself one new man from the two, resulting in peace. 16 He did this so that he might reconcile both to God in one body through the cross by which he put the hostility to death."

Romans 2:27-29 CSB - "A man who is physically uncircumcised, but who keeps the law, will judge you who are a lawbreaker in spite of having the letter of the law and circumcision. 28 For a person is not a Jew who is one outwardly, and true circumcision is not something visible in the flesh. 29 On the contrary, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is of the heart -- by the Spirit, not the letter. That person's praise is not from people but from God."

I may be wrong, but Paul seems to be teaching that being Jewish by blood means nothing. However, to be Truly "Jewish", simply means to have a Right Heart, produced by God's Spirit, and this has been happening from the beginning and into today.

Ezekiel 11:19-20 CSB - "I will give them integrity of heart and put a new spirit within them; I will remove their heart of stone from their bodies and give them a heart of flesh, 20 "so that they will follow my statutes, keep my ordinances, and practice them. They will be my people, and I will be their God."

What we see, here, in Ezekiel (and perfectly mirrored again in Eze 36) is what it means to be a True person in relationship with God, and it has nothing to do with being Jewish.

It is an amazing Bible with many Mysteries. I wish we all saw the same Plan of God.

Last edited:
Reactions: MattMooradian

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe if we look at the passages that speaks about all becoming "one new man" would bring clarification? If we are "One new man," then would a True Jew be the same as a True Christian? And wouldn't a True Christian be a True Jew? Paul was Truly Jewish, but didn't he consider himself to be a Christian?

Ephesians 2:14-16 CSB - "For he is our peace, who made both groups one and tore down the dividing wall of hostility. In his flesh, 15 he made of no effect the law consisting of commands and expressed in regulations, so that he might create in himself one new man from the two, resulting in peace. 16 He did this so that he might reconcile both to God in one body through the cross by which he put the hostility to death."

Romans 2:27-29 CSB - "A man who is physically uncircumcised, but who keeps the law, will judge you who are a lawbreaker in spite of having the letter of the law and circumcision. 28 For a person is not a Jew who is one outwardly, and true circumcision is not something visible in the flesh. 29 On the contrary, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is of the heart -- by the Spirit, not the letter. That person's praise is not from people but from God."

I may be wrong, but Paul seems to be teaching that being Jewish by blood means nothing. However, to be Truly "Jewish", simply means to have a Right Heart, produced by God's Spirit, and this has been happening from the beginning and into today.

Ezekiel 11:19-20 CSB - "I will give them integrity of heart and put a new spirit within them; I will remove their heart of stone from their bodies and give them a heart of flesh, 20 "so that they will follow my statutes, keep my ordinances, and practice them. They will be my people, and I will be their God."

What we see, here, in Ezekiel (and perfect mirrored again in Eze 36) is what it means to be a True person in relationship with God, and it has nothing to do with being Jewish.

It is an amazing Bible with many Mysteries. I wish we all saw the same Plan of God.
I reread your comments and I think I misunderstood what you are saying, and therefore replied incorrectly.
Yes, Paul is saying a true Jew is not just being born as one, but it is those who are true Jews by faith.
A true Christian is one who believes the gospel and has faith in the redemption and blood of Christ and his imputed righteousness.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2nd Timothy Group

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the one new man there is neither Jew or Gentiles, they have been both made one Galatians 3:28 Ephesians 2:15

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 12:13
For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free, and we were all given one Spirit to drink.

Romans 3:29
Is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too,

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 3:11
Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, or free, but Christ is all and is in all.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: MattMooradian

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What we see, here, in Ezekiel (and perfect mirrored again in Eze 36) is what it means to be a True person in relationship with God, and it has nothing to do with being Jewish.
Yes, this is one of the passages about the new covenant God has made with believing Israel (Jeremiah 31:31). In the kingdom on earth God will cause Israel to keep his commandments by his spirit.

Reactions: 2nd Timothy Group

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said it wasn't doug :)
Look at the verse you cited, you probably didnt notice it but it says in not by....changes the meaning
1 Corinthians 12:13
For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free, and we were all given one Spirit to drink.