Abraham's Bosom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

And so, we see that Lucifer and the rebellious angels were cast down into hell, and other than the devil, they are still there in chains kept for judgment.

I made the nations to shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him down to hell with them that descend into the pit: and all the trees of Eden, the choice and best of Lebanon, all that drink water, shall be comforted in the nether parts of the earth.

This confirms that Lucifer with them angels that rebelled, were cast down into hell; however, who are the trees of Eden and choice trees of Lebanon in the nether parts of the earth?

They are the righteous from Abel to Enoch to Noah, to Job, to Abraham, and to the faithful children of Israel.

Jesus confirms that the nether parts and heart of the earth is hell, that He Himself would go to. And so, the righteous also went into hell, for all have sinned as the angels that sinned, but they were not cast down, nor were they in chains, but rather were comforted with water to drink.

All that sinned at one time, went into hell, but not all were cast down into it, and not all were chained there.

And since the righteous were not cast down into hell, then they were carried there in comfort by ministering angels, even as righteous Lazarus, also having water to drink, that the unrighteous in chains beg for.

The righteous souls carried to and comforted in hell, where the rebellious angels and souls of unrighteous men are in flames, was not Abraham's bosom, but was the watered place in hell, where the righteous waited for the promise of Christ, preaching His gospel of death, burial, and resurrection.

Scripture does not say that watered comforting place in hell, was Abraham's bosom, but only that the angels carried righteous Lazarus there along with all them dying in faith, and then was seen in Abraham's bosom.

Now that Christ has come in the flesh and resurrected from the dead, He went to preach His gospel to all spirits in prison, both the just and the unjust , and the believers He carried captive into heaven.

There was a watered place of comforted in hell where the repentant righteous believers were carried of angels, but now no more, being emptied by Christ.

Now there only remains the rebellious angels and souls of rebellious men chained in the flames of hell, awaiting judgement at the great white throne of God.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All men have sinned against God on earth, but not all souls die in sin and unbelief, but rather like Abraham the righteous die in faith, that God is merciful and man can do righteousness as He is righteous.

However, not all souls of men repent and believe God to do good and not evil, but rather sin unto the death and destruction of body and soul.

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

The righteous judgement of God demands that all who sin must die, so that even the righteous that once sinned, ought likewise have been in hell with the angels that sinned.

However, the mercy of God awaiting the coming of Christ, carried the righteous to hell in comfort of ministering angels, where there was water to drink, while only the unrepentant unrighteous ware cast down to hell with chains of wicked angels.

And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up.

Every rebellious angel and unrepentant soul of man gets bound with their own chain of sinful works, And are cast down down into hell of the bottomless pit, at the heart of the earth. Where they wait for the righteous judgement of God, that they rejected in heaven, and on earth.

But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison.

At one time the rebellious angels, and all spirits of men were in prison in hell, both the just that sinned, and the unjust that repented not.

But not all the souls of men were in chains with flames of torment. The righteous were there in comfort with one another, awaiting in faith and hope for the promised Christ to come and preach His gospel to them.

For no soul of man can appear in heaven in the presence of the Lord, that have not first repented and believed the gospel of Jesus Christ.

The watered place of hell is now emptied of the righteous, when Christ came for the believing captivity, to lead them away captive on the wings of the Sun of righteousness to heaven.

The unrighteous in flames of hell are still chained, and cannot reach any water to drink.

All them that repent and sin not as the angels against God, will likewise be carried on the wings of Christ into His presence in heaven, else we also are cast down into hell in chains with no water to drink, even as the devil we continue sinning with.