An End to Protestantism?????????

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Mungo. where would you like me to start, the Spanish Inquisition, The Crusades where the pope ordered the slaughter of the Jews, what about when the church declared the bible may only be written in Latin and Killed anyone who did otherwise.

Again

A bad tree cannot bear good fruit, you arguments do not stand up when it come to history.

Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Rev 18:5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
Rev 18:6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
Rev 18:7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
Rev 18:8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

Again it is clear, God will not forget, you have seeing the warning,take it before God and ask Him, He is no liar He will only give you the truth if you desire it.

In All His Love

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Protesting is a national pastime and will never die.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
mjrhealth said:
Hi Mungo. where would you like me to start, the Spanish Inquisition, The Crusades where the pope ordered the slaughter of the Jews, what about when the church declared the bible may only be written in Latin and Killed anyone who did otherwise.

Again

A bad tree cannot bear good fruit, you arguments do not stand up when it come to history.

Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Rev 18:5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
Rev 18:6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
Rev 18:7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
Rev 18:8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

Again it is clear, God will not forget, you have seeing the warning,take it before God and ask Him, He is no liar He will only give you the truth if you desire it.

In All His Love

When Christ built a Church, His Church was not supposed to be for righteous people. His Church were filled with sinners starting with the Apostles, who were all sinners. Matthew was a cheating tax collector, Judas Iscariot betrayed Him, and Peter denied Him three times. But out of the Catholic Church came many great saints. The goal of Christ's Church was supposed to take a bunch of sinners and convert them into holy saints.....and that is the work of the Holy Spirit. And there are many saints. Francis of Assissi, Theresa of Avilla, Padre Pio, and many others. We also have Mother Theresa. Of course, this does not mean that we don't have bad sinful people. What church do you know has absolutely no sinful members?

aspen2 said:
Protesting is a national pastime and will never die.
And no matter how much the Pope has already apologized for the Crusades, they still protest. God has forgiven His Church. Apparantly, those who criticize the Catholic Church does not know how to forgive. Makes me wonder what they learned from the Bible.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in fact, our country was built on protesting and we will always be a basically rebellious people - whether it manifests in the form of gangs rebelling against the established order of society; The rich, scapegoating the poor; the militia/conspicracy theorists opposing the government; or the age old protest against the Catholic Church - which requires a perpetual purging of 'Catholic' culture/doctrine from its ranks - real or imagined.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
aspen2 said:
in fact, our country was built on protesting and we will always be a basically rebellious people - whether it manifests in the form of gangs rebelling against the established order of society; The rich, scapegoating the poor; the militia/conspicracy theorists opposing the government; or the age old protest against the Catholic Church - which requires a perpetual purging of 'Catholic' culture/doctrine from its ranks - real or imagined.
Protesting is not all bad. The Catholic Church has spoken out against abortion for a long time and still continues to do so today......But bringing up the Crusade wars AFTER the late Pope John Paul II already apologized for it?? These guys bring up things that happened hundreds of years ago as though it is still happening today!! They even act as though we're burning people at the stake today.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
l think the important point is that humans have tedency towards rebellion.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
aspen2 said:
l think the important point is that humans have tedency towards rebellion.
How unfortunate that they rebel in the wrong way. I'm sure they can expend more effort in protesting abortion rather than protesting about something that happened hundreds of years ago.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, we may differ on this point, Selene. l tend to have a negative view of all forms of rebellion. As far as abortion goes, l believe the best way to end the practice is to provide a better alternative by improving the adoption process and providing full care for mothers and their unborn children, while bolstering the rights of adoptive parents.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
aspen2 said:
Well, we may differ on this point, Selene. l tend to have a negative view of all forms of rebellion. As far as abortion goes, l believe the best way to end the practice is to provide a better alternative by improving the adoption process and providing full care for mothers and their unborn children, while bolstering the rights of adoptive parents.
I agree with you that the adoption process should be improved because it's taking too long. I also agree that the care of pregnant women should be provided. Women should also be educated and given full facts on abortion, but I am not against protesting against abortion. In my opinion, these kinds of protests are not negative. In fact, showing an explicit and graphic photo of an aborted child has educated many. After looking at the explicit and graphic photo, one person I know came up and stated that he did not realize the impact of abortion until he saw the photos. Many people have this idea that the doctor is killing an "undeveloped" human which is at the "cell" stage, but it doesn't hit them until they see photos of cut up human arms, legs, and torso of an unborn baby.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, we certainly agree that abortion is a terrible option for mothers.

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
Protestant churches simply aren't equipped as well to take on what they are about to take on. The Church has demonstrated it's ability many times over. What's about to happen is an entire paradigm shift of society. We are on the brink of a new age, much like how we came out the Early and Middle Ages, we are exiting the Late Age into the future. I'm interested to see what other churches make of it, as I have began to see some that are falling.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Thanks for replying SIM, although I am afraid I disagree with everything you've said.

SilenceInMotion said:
Watching Protestant churces form is like watching fireworks go off. They start out big, and then they scatter into bits and eventually fade. Protestanism is just a myraid of fireworks, but the Church is an everlasting star in the sky.
A generalization again. But sure, sometimes this does happen. We cannot ignore the truth that sometimes a 'Church' is started and God is not the centre of it...when this happens it does indeed spark quickly then go out.
But to say that this is the face of Protestantism is just insane. So very many Churches out there have been there for generations and are faithfully doing God's work. They are neither sparking or dying...they are burning unwaveringly. They too are part of Christ's bride....that is not something you can claim for the Catholic Church alone. Indeed, without getting into a Catholic/Protestant match, just as many Catholics and Catholic Churches have gone by the way side as Protestant Churches have. The difference being? The Catholic Churches don't fall apart when God is not the centre....they have tradition to fall back on and hide behind. But sadly that does not mean that they are doing any more good than many broken Protestant Churches. I would have to say that when looked at realistically, both denominations go hand in hand with both faithfulness and failures.

SilenceInMotion said:
As far as doctrinal issues go, there will be a time when a truth is put on the mantle for people to witness and observe, and it will be that the Church depends on reason whereas Protestant churches rely on fanaticism. What do you think a world ruled by reason is going to see as adequate?
Protestants rely on fanaticism?? Where on earth are you getting your ideas from? Really? Please show these 'fanaticisms' before you go accusing.

SilenceInMotion said:
Protestant churches sell falsehoods by trade to get others to become Christian, because they believe that only Christians are saved from Hellfire. The entire foundation of Protestantism demands denominations to form, because there has to be a new ideology every decade to sell that notion to others. This has even started to include that a homosexual Christian can be saved where an atheist can't. Just become Christian, free salvation with water dunk..
We sell falsehoods by trade? Man....again wild the sweeping generalizations. Yes....ALL Protestants are evil...we sneak around telling little lies so people will pay us money.
That's as bad as me saying that all Catholic Priests are homosexual paedophiles, just because a few have been found to be so.

The only thing most Protestant Churches are 'selling' is the good news of Christ. And trying to boil down our doctrines to 'Just become a Christian, free salvation with water dunk'......is as foolish as me saying that all Catholics think all you need to do to get into heaven is give your rosary a good ol' rub once a day. I'm actually not sure if it's ignorance of our doctrines on your behalf, or if you are deliberately trying to make us look bad....but I assure you, that is NOT what we teach.

SilenceInMotion said:
The Church is consistent, and that is why it has survived the past 1700 years and will continue to do so. Protestantism will not, it will go out just like Free America when it decided to have Big Government.
Yes, the RCC is consistent in some things....sadly not all those things are godly things. Surely you cannot ignore some of the atrocities that the RCC instigated over the years?
I'm not saying that Protestants are all that much better, but my point is that you are trying to claim the RCC is superior by wild generalizations and accusations that don't seem to be grounded in reality.
If we're going to talk specifics, please begin to be specific.

You say you want people to back off the RCC and actually talk and have true debates with you about these things; well then, you are going to need to do the same thing. Although is seems clear you don't really want to talk about it, you seem to despise Protestants, think we are lacking in honour and salvation and are only interested in one thing....deceiving people. That is sad, and I'm very disappointed that you really don't want to discuss what I believe, you only want to poke at it...misguidedly at that.

Meshak said:

Protestant churches believe that you have to believe in the trinity to
be saved. Most of them believe you dont have to be obedient to Jesus to
be saved by saying works cannot save you.
Ah, no....the Bible says you must believe in the Trinity to be saved. Because God reveals to us the Trinity, if you don't believe Him, it puts a fairly big dent in your relationship with him...

And again....the Bible tells us works cannot save us. It is faith alone.

21 But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it—22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction: 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. 26 It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
27 Then what becomes of our boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? By a law of works? No, but by the law of faith. 28 For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law. (Romans 3:21-28, ESV)

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9, ESV)

But just because we are saved by grace, which is a gift, does not mean Protestants are saying we don't respond with faithfulness and by doing the works he has laid out for us to do once we have been saved...

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. (Ephesians 2:10, ESV)

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
Rack:

Ah, no....the Bible says you must believe in the Trinity to be saved. Because God reveals to us the Trinity, if you don't believe Him, it puts a fairly big dent in your relationship with him...

And again....the Bible tells us works cannot save us. It is faith alone.
It is what Paul said, not Jesus. Jesus says to be obedient to Him. Being obedient to Him is all works.

Anything you quoted is not saying you have to believe the trinity to be saved, friend.

The doctrine of trinity is made up the RCC and protestants are following her man-made doctrine.

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
@ Rach

There is nothing misguided about a fact: All of Protestantism, whether explicitly or implicitly, are anti-catholic. If you look at the actual, original Protestant churches, Lutheran and Calvinist, you will happen by some that have Jesus mounted on the cross and many catholic themes. Protestants today do not have this in their churches, because they call traditional Christian things as idolatry. They don't even realize that the actual reformers were semi-catholic in their very nature, and Protestants today fear and dismiss any and all these things.

Protestantism doesn't even resmeble what Luther and Calvin put forth in doctrine, and they went on a huge stretch. So now, you all are on a huge stretch within a stretch. You alls beliefs today are simply not what they ever were. You all have screwed and chopped Christianity tenfold beyond recognition, and then have the nerve to look at the Church like it's alien and sits on wrong doctrine.
Well, gee, I wonder why it looks that way to a Protestant?

I don't like Protestantism becaus eit is egocentric rather then ecclesiastic. I don't like Protestantism because it sits on two legs- legal fictions of Scripture and anti-catholcism. I don't like the fact that Protestants will make God abysmally unreasonable to propel their doctrine, simply because they are so hopelessly attached to it. I don't like how Protestantism is a breeding ground for denominations and lunatic fringe. But most of all, I don't like how you all tell everyone they are going to Hell if they don't believe what you believe, and attempt to justify it by black and whiting universalism and conditional election. That's not selling the 'good news of Christ', that's 'join us or die'. And that is why Protestantism is going to fail.

So yes, you are right, there are many things I do not like about Protestant belief and when people open their eyes, they will not like those things either.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
meshak said:
Rach:

It is what Paul said, not Jesus. Jesus says to be obedient to Him. Being obedient to Him is all works.
Oh...so you're picking and choosing which parts of the bible you think is true?
Either all of it is revelation directly from God, or none of it is.

And yes, yes Jesus did say to be obedient to him, I never said otherwise, in fact I agree we must obey Christ. But we do not receive our salvation by 'obeying'. We obey because we have been given our salvation.

meshak said:
Anything you quoted is not saying you have to believe the trinity to be saved, friend.

The doctrine of trinity is made up the RCC and protestants are following her man-made doctrine.
Oh boy. You're one of those. Okay...I have no real notion of changing your mind, as I have seen in the past that people who refuse the Trinity are incapable of seeing the truth...from me anyway. But I will give a brief summary as to why we think the Trinity is a true doctrine, and why it is important to believe.

When we look at the attributes of God...a study that is important because it allows us to see in a very limited fashion what our God is like...we could not rightly understand him unless we see that he has always existed as more than one person. One God, three persons. We know that God is one, He tells us in the OT (Deut 6:4).

But all throughout the Bible, both NT and OT, we see that more than one 'person' has God's attributes. The Son, Jesus, does, as well as the Holy Spirit. And by 'attributes', I mean things like eternal, omnipresent, omnipotent etc. They are clearly separate persons, the Father is not the Son, and the Son is not The Spirit. They each have their own place and actions. Jesus came to earth to die for us, the Spirit then came to dwell within us, and The Father sent them both.

We see God’s plurality blossom into the full picture of the Trinity in the NT, where the deity and distinct personalities of Father, Son, and Spirit function together in perfect unity and equality. Perhaps the clearest picture of this distinction and unity is Jesus’ baptism, where the Son is anointed for his public ministry by the Spirit, descending as a dove, with the Father declaring from heaven, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased” (Matt. 3:13–17). All three persons of the Trinity are present, and each one is doing something different.

The doctrine of the Trinity is most fully realized in the NT where the divine Father, Son, and Spirit are seen accomplishing redemption. They are all involved in redeeming us, and this is one of the big reasons I say that belief in the Trinity is needed for salvation....simply because if you don't believe Jesus or the Spirit is equally God, then your salvation becomes hollow...you are trusting in something inferior. You see, the doctrine of the Trinity makes definitive revelation of God possible as he is known in Christ: “No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father’s side, he has made him known” (John 1:18).

SilenceInMotion said:
@ Rach

There is nothing misguided about a fact: All of Protestantism, whether explicitly or implicitly, are anti-catholic. If you look at the actual, original Protestant churches, Lutheran and Calvinist, you will happen by some that have Jesus mounted on the cross and many catholic themes. Protestants today do not have this in their churches, because they call traditional Christian things as idolatry. They don't even realize that the actual reformers were semi-catholic in their very nature, and Protestants today fear and dismiss any and all these things.

Protestantism doesn't even resmeble what Luther and Calvin put forth in doctrine, and they went on a huge stretch. So now, you all are on a huge stretch within a stretch. You alls beliefs today are simply not what they ever were. You all have screwed and chopped Christianity tenfold beyond recognition, and then have the nerve to look at the Church like it's alien and sits on wrong doctrine.
Well, gee, I wonder why it looks that way to a Protestant?

I don't like Protestantism becaus eit is egocentric rather then ecclesiastic. I don't like Protestantism because it sits on two legs- legal fictions of Scripture and anti-catholcism. I don't like the fact that Protestants will make God abysmally unreasonable to propel their doctrine, simply because they are so hopelessly attached to it. I don't like how Protestantism is a breeding ground for denominations and lunatic fringe. But most of all, I don't like how you all tell everyone they are going to Hell if they don't believe what you believe, and attempt to justify it by black and whiting universalism and conditional election. That's not selling the 'good news of Christ', that's 'join us or die'. And that is why Protestantism is going to fail.

So yes, you are right, there are many things I do not like about Protestant belief and when people open their eyes, they will not like those things either.
Wow...that entire rant shows beyond a doubt that you have no true notion as to what is going on in many Protestant Churches.
You're like a black man who spews out about how white man is soooo racist, not stopping to realise that all the hate is coming out of his own mouth.

Here's the deal. This is a Protestant board. And while we certainly welcome and enjoy conversations with our Catholic brothers and sisters, it is not okay to vent your anti-Protestant vitriol here, especially while complaining that people are being so mean to you just because you're Catholic. That, my friend, is called hypocrisy, as you are bashing us just because we are Protestant.

You're not here for conversation...you're not saying "how come you believe this?"...or "How do you justify saying that?"....you are just saying untrue and unfounded things about us, and doing it with a certain amount of disgust. How about you behave in a manner you would have others behaving in...?

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
Rach said:
Oh...so you're picking and choosing which parts of the bible you think is true?
[/QUOTE]And you are ignoring Jesus' simple word.
Rach said:
Oh boy. You're one of those. Okay...I have no real notion of changing your mind, as I have seen in the past that people who refuse the Trinity are incapable of seeing the truth...from me anyway. But I will give a brief summary as to why we think the Trinity is a true doctrine, and why it is important to believe.
Like wise, trinity believers simply ignore Jesus' simple word and made up complicated Christianity.
Rach said:
When we look at the attributes of God...a study that is important because it allows us to see in a very limited fashion what our God is like...we could not rightly understand him unless we see that he has always existed as more than one person. One God, three persons. We know that God is one, He tells us in the OT (Deut 6:4).

But all throughout the Bible, both NT and OT, we see that more than one 'person' has God's attributes. The Son, Jesus, does, as well as the Holy Spirit. And by 'attributes', I mean things like eternal, omnipresent, omnipotent etc. They are clearly separate persons, the Father is not the Son, and the Son is not The Spirit. They each have their own place and actions. Jesus came to earth to die for us, the Spirit then came to dwell within us, and The Father sent them both.

We see God’s plurality blossom into the full picture of the Trinity in the NT, where the deity and distinct personalities of Father, Son, and Spirit function together in perfect unity and equality. Perhaps the clearest picture of this distinction and unity is Jesus’ baptism, where the Son is anointed for his public ministry by the Spirit, descending as a dove, with the Father declaring from heaven, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased” (Matt. 3:13–17). All three persons of the Trinity are present, and each one is doing something different.

The doctrine of the Trinity is most fully realized in the NT where the divine Father, Son, and Spirit are seen accomplishing redemption. They are all involved in redeeming us, and this is one of the big reasons I say that belief in the Trinity is needed for salvation....simply because if you don't believe Jesus or the Spirit is equally God, then your salvation becomes hollow...you are trusting in something inferior. You see, the doctrine of the Trinity makes definitive revelation of God possible as he is known in Christ: “No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father’s side, he has made him known” (John 1:18).
They still dont prove you have to believe in the trinity to be saved.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
meshak said:
And you are ignoring Jesus' simple word.
Like wise, trinity believers simply ignore Jesus' simple word and made up complicated Christianity.
They still dont prove you have to believe in the trinity to be saved.
Ok...you're right. It doesn't say that...not outright in big bold words that you seem to need. But it does say that Idolatry is a sin. If you're not worshipping the God of the bible....as he reveals himself to us...then you are worshipping an Idol. It doesn't matter for you 'what Jesus said', 'cause if your not worshipping the true Jesus, it just doesn't matter. And no matter how you pour through the gospels, you are just not going to find Jesus telling us that the only way to the Father is to work our little hearts out until we're good enough. The very notion spits in Christ's face and what he came to do for us. And I'm very sorry that you won't see that, or take the wonderful words Paul wrote for us, directly from God, that are so amazing and freeing. It frees us to do all the things you are going on about...but we do them for God, not for us and to get us somewhere.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Rach said:
Ok...you're right. It doesn't say that...not outright in big bold words that you seem to need. But it does say that Idolatry is a sin. If you're not worshipping the God of the bible....as he reveals himself to us...then you are worshipping an Idol. It doesn't matter for you 'what Jesus said', 'cause if your not worshipping the true Jesus, it just doesn't matter. And no matter how you pour through the gospels, you are just not going to find Jesus telling us that the only way to the Father is to work our little hearts out until we're good enough. The very notion spits in Christ's face and what he came to do for us. And I'm very sorry that you won't see that, or take the wonderful words Paul wrote for us, directly from God, that are so amazing and freeing. It frees us to do all the things you are going on about...but we do them for God, not for us and to get us somewhere.
Rach said:
Succinctly stated, sister! SHALOM :)

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
Rach said:
Ok...you're right. It doesn't say that...not outright in big bold words that you seem to need. But it does say that Idolatry is a sin. If you're not worshipping the God of the bible....as he reveals himself to us...then you are worshiping an Idol.
How am I being idolatry by abiding by His word?

>It doesn't matter for you 'what Jesus said', 'cause if your not worshipping the true Jesus,
Why does not it matter to me by saying being faithful to Jesus is requirement for salvation?
Your reasoning is so strange, friend. You should give up traditional wicked Christianity.