Angry Christianity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DanielGarneau

Apr 19, 2014
Quebec City, Province of Quebec, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Angry discourse can certainly motivate and stir people to action, but we as Christians are called to live differently. Shouldn’t we resist the urge to be a part of the angry mob rather than proudly trumpet our affiliation with it? Read more at: What to Do About Angry Christianity. What attitude should we Christians have when dealing with sensitive issues that rightly make us angry?

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
The money changers in the Temple was a sensitive issue, but Jesus didn't exactly address the situation with hopeful encouragement. God flooded the earth because all he saw was wickedness. So I believe Christians should show concern and their objection to certain things (evil). To stand aside and display a passive attitude could be construed as "I don't care". There's a lot of evil in the world and it should bother a Christian. That said, controlled anger is key, we shouldn't condemn others and always remember that vengeance belongs to God.. jmo

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dan57 said:
The money changers in the Temple was a sensitive issue, but Jesus didn't exactly address the situation with hopeful encouragement. God flooded the earth because all he saw was wickedness. So I believe Christians should show concern and their objection to certain things (evil). To stand aside and display a passive attitude could be construed as "I don't care". There's a lot of evil in the world and it should bother a Christian. That said, controlled anger is key, we shouldn't condemn others and always remember that vengeance belongs to God.. jmo
The more I look at this world, the more hopeless I get in it getting any better. The "I don't care" attitude works well for me, knowing that, for one, God said things are supposed to get worse, and two, knowing this is so, seeing the word of God give me assurance, keeps me sane. At some point, one should become so jaded at the evil in this world that it really shouldn't bother them that much anymore. I may be born in this hell hole, but I'm not of it. I'm just sitting back and watching the world make its own bed, watching it produce the rope that the Lord Jesus Christ will hang them with come judgement time. When that day comes, it will be poetic justice at its finest hour. Woe to those who bare children in this world, for if its anything I'm concerned about at all in this world, its the children's future, or should I say, a lack thereof. I have nieces and nephews, so I of course will have some concern concerning their immediate future, it most certainly doesn't look like a very bright one.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I am reminded of the old idiom, "Rome wasn't built in a day." I append, "But it only took a week for it to burn."

Like the days of Nero the aftermath of this recent rebellion against centralized authority will unjustly be blamed on the Christians.