ANTI-CATHOLICISM IN THE MEDIA

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I aint debating

I told you already. I dont need anything from anyone. I dont need to prove you wrong. I dont need you to believe what I believe. All I have to do is love you. And do what Christ told me to do.
Then WHY did you tell me that we don't need teachers when the Word of God says we DO?
Why
bother posting that?

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Then WHY did you tell me that we don't need teachers when the Word of God says we DO?
Why
bother posting that?
See this looks demonic to me . Your insessant need to continually push to prove you are right and everyone else is wrong. I know what I posted and will not explian it to you any further as you dont agree. Fine and dandy for me. move on and try looking at the basics of Christ teaching instead of what you are pushing. I have no desire to go back and fore like children with you. Please stop.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an opinion board - it looks like her opinion, which she is free to post.
Sure - but she rejects the replies she gets.
Remember - this is an opinions board for ALL posters - not just her.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See this looks demonic to me . Your insessant need to continually push to prove you are right and everyone else is wrong. I know what I posted and will not explian it to you any further as you dont agree. Fine and dandy for me. move on and try looking at the basics of Christ teaching instead of what you are pushing. I have no desire to go back and fore like children with you. Please stop.
I'm not trying to prove that I'M right about anything.
The Scriptures are right. I'm just relaying that to you.

If that sounds "demonic" to you - take it up with God - not me.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hmm....

Seems to me she is simply telling you that her opinion requires no defense or explanation; she is comfortable enough to post her opinion without answering any counter argument from you

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm....

Seems to me she is simply telling you that her opinion requires no defense or explanation; she is comfortable enough to post her opinion without answering any counter argument from you
And I'm posting a reply from Scripture.
I am allowed to represent Scripture here - just as much as she is allowed to misrepresent it.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@aspen and

Not that it matters a fig....but "she" be a he....male 52 from Manchester England. :)

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it's ALSO physical . . .

Matt. 5:13-16
“You are the salt of the EARTH. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. “You are the light of the WORLD. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Matt. 24:34-36
“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

Make NO mistake - the Word of God assures us that His Church is PHYSICAL as well as Spiritual.
You are confused...as is much of the church.

Christ coming "in the flesh", does not mean the church is flesh...it means the spirit of Christ has come.

As it is written:

1 John 4:2-3
2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

...What you are suggesting is Antichrist.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not trying to prove that I'M right about anything.
The Scriptures are right. I'm just relaying that to you.

If that sounds "demonic" to you - take it up with God - not me.
No now you not quite seeing what I did say to you. I said "See this looks demonic to me . Your incessant need to continually push to prove you are right and everyone else is wrong."
The word of God He put above His name. I was reffering to you. And YOUR incessant need to push people into believeing what you think we need to do. And you are indeed trolling people. That is not from God and if its not from God who is it from. where did Christ do what you are doing? He never.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No now you not quite seeing what I did say to you. I said "See this looks demonic to me . Your incessant need to continually push to prove you are right and everyone else is wrong."
The word of God He put above His name. I was reffering to you. And YOUR incessant need to push people into believeing what you think we need to do. And you are indeed trolling people. That is not from God and if its not from God who is it from. where did Christ do what you are doing? He never.
AGAIN - I simply relayed what the Scriptures ALREADY said: That we indeed have teachers within the Church.
God told His Church to TEACH - and that's why we have Teachers.

When YOU say that we don't need teachers - you are rejecting God's Word.
Like I said - it's not about ME or what I say- it's about God.and what HE says.

Nobody is "trolling" anybody . . .

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AGAIN - I simply relayed what the Scriptures ALREADY said: That we indeed have teachers within the Church.
God told His Church to TEACH - and that's why we have Teachers.

When YOU say that we don't need teachers - you are rejecting God's Word.
Like I said - it's not about ME or what I say- it's about God.and what HE says.

Nobody is "trolling" anybody . . .

Its your opinion of what the scriptures are saying

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are confused...as is much of the church.

Christ coming "in the flesh", does not mean the church is flesh...it means the spirit of Christ has come.

As it is written:

1 John 4:2-3
2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

...What you are suggesting is Antichrist.
Absolutely not.
Jesus instituted the Church which is comprised of human beings - living and dead. Human beings are BOTH flesh and spirit.

Your confusion stems from not following what the Word of God and His Church teaches but what YOU'VE invented for yourself.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its your opinion of what the scriptures are saying
No - it's not.
It's what the Scriptures CLEARLY state:

Matt. 28:18-20
“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and TEACHING them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

1 Cor. 12:28-30
And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third TEACHERS, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all TEACHERS? Do all work miracles? 30 Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues[d]? Do all interpret? 31 Now eagerly desire the greater gifts.

The truth of Scripture isn't an opinion that is up for grabs.
It is the TRUTH . . .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely not.
Jesus instituted the Church which is comprised of human beings - living and dead. Human beings are BOTH flesh and spirit.

Your confusion stems from not following what the Word of God and His Church teaches but what YOU'VE invented for yourself.
Is Christ's church made up of those born of women, or of those born of the spirit of God? (rhetorical)

Rhetorical...because you obviously don't know.

"God is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living." This is the word of God. This too, you do not understand, but speak against God...again, this is Antichrist.

Reactions: Ally.s.j

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Christ's church made up of those born of women, or of the spirit of God? (rhetorical)

Rhetorical...because you obviously don't know.

"God is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living." This is the word of God. This too, you do not understand, but speak against God...again, this is Antichrist.
The PHYSICALLY dead - and you know to what I was referring.

As for WHO the Church is comprised of - it is BOTH.
You cannot be born "again" if you haven't been born of a woman (John 3:3-7).

The ONLY thing here that is "Antichrist" is your heretical belief. . .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The PHYSICALLY dead - and you know to what I was referring.

As for WHO the Church is comprised of - it is BOTH.
You cannot be born "again" if you haven't been born of a woman (John 3:3-7).

The ONLY thing here that is "Antichrist" is your heretical belief. . .
I can explain what is different about what is written of the living and the dead, and those in Christ. But you cannot, so you do not, but rather invent your own explanation and interpretation. Thus you contradict yourself and God's word, saying "the church is comprised of both."

Christ preached the kingdom of heaven, and explained who would and would not "enter in", and condemned the religious leaders for not entering in themselves and hindering those who would have. Then He explained who He is and the building of His church as being upon that very principle by which Peter had identified Him. Saying also that His "church was of the firstborn of the spirit", and that "flesh and blood cannot enter in".

Yet you continue your preaching against God and Christ and the Holy Spirit, to the contrary - which is unforgivable. Mark this day.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can explain what is different about what is written of the living and the dead, and those in Christ. But you cannot, so you do not, but rather invent your own explanation and interpretation. Thus you contradict yourself and God's word, saying "the church is comprised of both."

Christ preached the kingdom of heaven, and explained who would and would not "enter in", and condemned the religious leaders for not entering in themselves and hindering those who would have. Then He explained who He is and the building of His church as being upon that very principle by which Peter had identified Him. Saying also that His "church was of the firstborn of the spirit", and that "flesh and blood cannot enter in".

Yet you continue your preaching against God and Christ and the Holy Spirit, to the contrary - which is unforgivable. Mark this day.
And again - your complete lack of understanding of the Gospel is the crux of your heresy.

Jesus explained to Nicodemus the difference between being born of woman and being born of the Spirit (John 3:3-7) - and members of His Church are born of BOTH. Jesus ascended to the Father BODILY. Not in a corruptible Body - but also NOT in Spirit only.
He ascended to the Father in His GLORIFIED Body - the same body that ATE with the Apostles after the Resurrections.