Antinomianism (faith without works): Where Cognitive Dissonance Lives

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed. And it is almost equally amazing that people think that just because a person thinks we should keep the law, that they must be works righteousness. It's honestly kind of funny in a sad sort of way
Jesus said when we have done "all that your heavenly Father hath commanded", we are nothing but "unprofitable servants". Therefore, how much less profitable is our service to God, which is no where near the "all" He's commanded? If ever there was an argument for our need for grace, it is that we don't even come close to "all" that He's commanded. The persistent accusations of "salvation by works" are just silly when that myth was busted by Jesus all the way back in Luke 17.

Reactions: Mjh29

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so angry so little understanding, bu that is the way for those who rather there religion than the truth, the blind leading the blind, and we see what happens next..

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Rom 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Rom 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
Rom 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Religion, tehe devils best friend.
What in the world in my post gave you the impression I'm angry? The bold-type? I was only ensuring that you understood that James, Jesus, and Wesley are all on the same page - of a book you've yet to open, friend.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What in the world in my post gave you the impression I'm angry? The bold-type? I was only ensuring that you understood that James, Jesus, and Wesley are all on the same page - of a book you've yet to open, friend.
No just your words, you know that bit about our words can give life or death, all yours do is bring death and sin. Problem is the Law is all about the flesh and you are still pursuing after you flesh, trying so hard to make the outside of the cup to look nice, while Christ is trying to fix up the inside, I can just Imagine how Peter would have felt, If Christ after asking Him to feed His sheep, was to tell Him, "you know most wont listen" , sometimes the Lords sheep choose to hide from Him, somehow thinking there sin is greater than His grace.

God bless

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No just your words, you know that bit about our words can give life or death, all yours do is bring death and sin.
How? By calling out the false teaching that Christians may continue in sin because they are OSAS? It is OSAS that brings words of death - they "strengthen the hands of the wicked that they should not turn from their sin by promising them life", just as was the case in the days of Ezekiel (Ez. 13:22)
Problem is the Law is all about the flesh and you are still pursuing after you flesh, trying so hard to make the outside of the cup to look nice, while Christ is trying to fix up the inside
The law is written on "the fleshly tables of the heart". You should pick up the Bible once and a while.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The law is written on "the fleshly tables of the heart". You should pick up the Bible once and a while.
Hmm .

Something to do with this

1Co_1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Love is above the law because,

would you murder some one if you loved them??

Which you commit adultry with another mans wife if you loved them?

would you steal if you loved??

Love needs no laws, it is the sinners and unrighteous that need them to remind and condemn them of sin. It is because of the law you sin, it is not Christs doing.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love is above the law because,

would you murder some one if you loved them??

Which you commit adultry with another mans wife if you loved them?

would you steal if you loved??
Would you not keep the Sabbath day holy if you loved God? Checkmate

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Would you not keep the Sabbath day holy if you loved God? Checkmate
No, because in Christ I rest from My own works as God did from His, this part.

Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Heb 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

I think you where a bit early, obviously not very good at chess.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, because in Christ I rest from My own works as God did from His, this part.

Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Heb 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

I think you where a bit early, obviously not very good at chess.
So, you're love for God leads you to break His law...rather than keep it. Got it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So, you're love for God leads you to break His law...rather than keep it. Got it.
Not breaking any law

Exo 31:16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
Exo 31:17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

It belongs exclusively to the Hebrews who have not yet come to Christ.

And again since all the law does is condemn the sinner, the unrighteous and the unbeliever, we do know why they need the law, even those to whom it was never given,

Joh_1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

The law is your master you have chosen it and you are a slave to it, even in that you cannot keep it, such foolishness.

Heb_11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not breaking any law

Exo 31:16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
Exo 31:17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

It belongs exclusively to the Hebrews who have not yet come to Christ.

And again since all the law does is condemn the sinner, the unrighteous and the unbeliever, we do know why they need the law, even those to whom it was never given,

Joh_1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

The law is your master you have chosen it and you are a slave to it, even in that you cannot keep it, such foolishness.

Heb_11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Wrong, the Sabbath goes all the way back to Eden, and Abraham "obeyed My voice, and kept My charge, My commandments, and My statutes" which most certainly would have included keeping the Sabbath...long before the first Israelite existed.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wrong, the Sabbath goes all the way back to Eden, and Abraham "obeyed My voice, and kept My charge, My commandments, and My statutes" which most certainly would have included keeping the Sabbath...long before the first Israelite existed.
See how the religion and its doctrines seek to justify the lie, The sabbath was not given to anyone till Moses, but you are stealing from them what was never yours, like out other SDA friends, it is all unbelief, still trying to prove your worth to God by your works of the flesh which is what the law is, and so you remain in sin because the law will condemn you even to death, you have forsaken, rejected grace for the law, and that is your religion and your own flesh has nothing to do with Grace or the works of Christ.

this bit

Gal_5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

But like so many unwilling like the Israelite to leave Egypt for the promised land.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See how the religion and its doctrines seek to justify the lie, The sabbath was not given to anyone till Moses,
Ain't it amazing how those who accuse others of "legalism" immediately resort to the disgusting "legal technicality" tactic for something with which to get themselves off when the Judge's gavel is about to come down on their head? Don't you know the Ten Commandments can be traced back to a time before a single Israelite was born?

(5) Adam/Eve knew that to not honor God regarding the forbidden fruit was sin.
(6) Cain knew to kill was a sin.
(7) Joseph knew adultery was sin.
(8) Rachel knew to steal was sin.
(9) Abraham knew to lie was sin.
(10) Cain knew to covet Abel's acceptance was sin.

To insist those who lived prior to Israel didn't know about the first Four of the Ten Commandments is the most pathetic exercise of "legalism" ever to be - a pathetic legal defense that "will in no wise clear the guilty" (Exodus 34:7).

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Ti_1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, so by your very own words and deeds have proved to us all you are not a righteous man...
And the Academy Award for Most Asinine Post of 2018 goes to...........YOU!
The text: "...the law was not made for the righteous man" doesn't mean that a righteous man may forget about the law once he is made righteous (Lord, can one get any more deceived?) it means the law is necessary to show the unrighteous their sins and their need for Jesus. A righteous man has already obtained by faith through grace that in which the law had previously shown him to be deficient.
the law just does what it does it exposes sin to the sinners...and still doing to men who choose to keep it.
And the Academy Award for Best Supporting Asinine Post of 2018 goes to.............YOU AGAIN!!!
"(For not the hearers of the law [are] just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified." Who alone can do God's law? Only those who have been saved by grace through faith, and are then empowered to obey His law, for the unsaved cannot hope to keep the least of God's laws, according to Romans 8:7. And herein lies the reason you refuse to keep the Sabbath, perhaps? I think so...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And the Academy Award for Most Asinine Post of 2018 goes to...........YOU!
The text: "...the law was not made for the righteous man" doesn't mean that a righteous man may forget about the law once he is made righteous (Lord, can one get any more deceived?) it means the law is necessary to show the unrighteous their sins and their need for Jesus. A righteous man has already obtained by faith through grace that in which the law had previously shown him to be deficient.

And the Academy Award for Best Supporting Asinine Post of 2018 goes to.............YOU AGAIN!!!
"(For not the hearers of the law [are] just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified." Who alone can do God's law? Only those who have been saved by grace through faith, and are then empowered to obey His law, for the unsaved cannot hope to keep the least of God's laws, according to Romans 8:7. And herein lies the reason you refuse to keep the Sabbath, perhaps? I think so...
See PM for us to do what you want us to do, we would all have to stand in opposition to God, declare Him a liar, Jesus a hard task master, tell God His plans for mans salvation is flawed, that He messed it all up, that God is a fool.

Can God help it that men are so stuck in there flesh, that the spiritual things of God seem so foolish to men, that the works of Christ seem not enough for so many, that His death suffering, humiliation by those He loved is not enough to satisfy the flesh of men, in that they must still try by there own worth to show God how good they are.

AN yet the very law "YOU DEMAND" we keep. is the very same law that convinces you of sin and condemns you to death, because you dont keep it, no one does, its just an excuse to boast, and that PM is Hypocrisy in a nutshell.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ain't it amazing how those who accuse others of "legalism" immediately resort to the disgusting "legal technicality" tactic for something with which to get themselves off when the Judge's gavel is about to come down on their head? Don't you know the Ten Commandments can be traced back to a time before a single Israelite was born?

(5) Adam/Eve knew that to not honor God regarding the forbidden fruit was sin.
(6) Cain knew to kill was a sin.
(7) Joseph knew adultery was sin.
(8) Rachel knew to steal was sin.
(9) Abraham knew to lie was sin.
(10) Cain knew to covet Abel's acceptance was sin.

To insist those who lived prior to Israel didn't know about the first Four of the Ten Commandments is the most pathetic exercise of "legalism" ever to be - a pathetic legal defense that "will in no wise clear the guilty" (Exodus 34:7).
Yes love is above all, Would you murder some one if you loved them.. Dont need any law for that now do you? Love has always being the highest of them all..

1Jn_4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

end of story.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See PM for us to do what you want us to do, we would all have to stand in opposition to God, declare Him a liar, Jesus a hard task master, tell God His plans for mans salvation is flawed, that He messed it all up, that God is a fool.
I see you've gotten a head start on 2019's Academy Award for Most Asinine Post. I assure you I advocate for no such blasphemous behavior. The yoke of my Savior is easy and His burden light, but to them who do not love Him, His law is grievous (1 John 5:3), worthless (Psalms 119:127), and no delight at all (Romans 7:22).

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes love is above all, Would you murder some one if you loved them.. Dont need any law for that now do you? Love has always being the highest of them all..

1Jn_4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

end of story.
There's an epilogue to your story written by Jesus Himself: "If ye love Me, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS".

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I see you've gotten a head start on 2019's Academy Award for Most Asinine Post. I assure you I advocate for no such blasphemous behavior. The yoke of my Savior is easy and His burden light, but to them who do not love Him, His law is grievous (1 John 5:3), worthless (Psalms 119:127), and no delight at all (Romans 7:22).
It isnt a burden when you dont have to carry it. What makes you so mad is that for all your good works are worthless, for in the end of it all, the only bit that please God is faith, and the law is not by faith but by works, and so know are continuing breaking the sabbath by continuing in your works by the law, and so you are making God a liar and a deceiver in that you expect Him to judge you a second time when you break the law as you will do, everyday, no glory top God nor Christ just that old man the flesh...

Daily you condemn yourself by the law and your religion which you refuse to let go of for His sake, Christ a stumbling block to many.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep and which one did He give,

Joh_15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
He said "commandments" which is plural. Even if you say, "He means the Two Great Commandments", I ask you can you love God while disregarding any of the first Four of the Ten Commandments?