Arminian to Calvinist Conversion…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

skypair

Nov 4, 2016
I have several folks who tell me that they were Arminian before they were Calvinist. And why wouldn't a person switch? If 1) Arminianism didn't work for them and 2) Calvinism is the least costly ("all of God") and OSAS "Cadillac" of salvations, that's a no-brainer, isn't it? As I see it, they never knew biblical salvation.

They didn't start with a biblical salvation to begin with. I was saved in the biblical manner by a prayer of repentance and reconciliation to the Father in the name of Christ. I've never in 56 years been even tempted to convert to Arminianism nor to Calvinism. My "anchor holds and grips the solid Rock." (And before anyone says it .. this is not boasting. It is testifying to the truth of scripture, Acts 2:36-40, 2Cor 5:19-20, Mt 10:9-13.)

But furthermore, Arminianism and Calvinism are from the same "root and stem" .. Reform Theology. They both endeavor to change men's mind about Jesus but not their hearts. That being said, what proof do they have that what they believe with their minds is true? How has God confirmed that He has saved or will save them?

That being said, there is going to be a wedding in heaven one day .. and it will be predicated on a covenant being made between Christ and the believer, acknowledged by the Father, while we are still living here on the earth. How has God acknowledged your relationship to Christ? Wouldn't the reason for Arminians converting to Calvinism be that they had no acknowledgement from the Father?

Put another way .. are you biblically saved or just theologically saved?

skypair

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was saved in the biblical manner by a prayer of repentance and reconciliation to the Father in the name of Christ.

Put another way .. are you biblically saved or just theologically saved?

Every Christian whose testimony I've heard has said sorrey to God and sort Jesus and has been reconcilled to him. The way they word it changes, the experiences are different, but the results are the same.

So please tell me what evidence would you offer to convince me that you are more than just theologically saved?

skypair

Nov 4, 2016
So please tell me what evidence would you offer to convince me that you are more than just theologically saved?
My testimony is that, when I repented of my sinful nature and sin guilt, God took away the sin on my conscience, opened my spiritual eyes to kingdom truth, and I had "joy unspeakable and full of glory, Receiving the end of my faith, the salvation of my soul." (1Pet 1:8-9)

Do you know what it is like to have a pure conscience? to live according to the "law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus?" (Ro 8:2) To know the power of the Spirit living in you? To have understanding of "hidden wisdom," "the deep things of God," the "mysteries .. which God ordained, before the world, unto our glory?" (1Cor 2:7-10)

These are inward assurances, the "seal" of the Spirit, that I am saved. Some of them are evident in my life but my relationship with God is a semi-private and personal one.

skypair

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My testimony is that, when I repented of my sinful nature and sin guilt, God took away the sin on my conscience, opened my spiritual eyes to kingdom truth, and I had "joy unspeakable and full of glory, Receiving the end of my faith, the salvation of my soul." (1Pet 1:8-9)

Do you know what it is like to have a pure conscience? to live according to the "law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus?" (Ro 8:2) To know the power of the Spirit living in you? To have understanding of "hidden wisdom," "the deep things of God," the "mysteries .. which God ordained, before the world, unto our glory?" (1Cor 2:7-10)

These are inward assurances, the "seal" of the Spirit, that I am saved. Some of them are evident in my life but my relationship with God is a semi-private and personal one.

skypair
So what evidence do you have that others who go by the title 'Christian' don't have the same testimony?

skypair

Nov 4, 2016
So what evidence do you have that others who go by the title 'Christian' don't have the same testimony?
Mainly that they believe in "faith alone" or in "works." They have it in their minds that they are saved but not in their hearts.

skypair

skypair

Nov 4, 2016
"Out of the heart proceed the issues of life." (Prov 4:23) What others share with you as the way to salvation is what is in their heart.

skypair