Banned !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
drawing-stick-figure-arms-on-birds-is-quite-possibly-the-28933222.png

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
They're not all wolves, you know.
wolves are not necessarily evil, either; and either way they serve God too i guess. But that is not the point, is it.

Strong Men are also called out and also not condemned, i guess. Word does not condemn, ever, even a little, imo

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
LOL
I don't like links for the exact reason you said.
First of all, I don't trust the net.
Second of all, that's NOT where we learn our faith, or any faith.
I will, at times, post, for instance, something the early church father's said if I bring it up. Just because sometimes persons don't trust what I say. But if I say it, it's because two different churches taught it to me and I confirmed it all by my self.

No matter at what point we are in our growth, I'd rather hear the person's belief in his/her own words.

What say you?

Amen...me too...I don't like links either and almost never click on them.
If after all this time we can't speak from our heart to share what we believe we are a sad lot!!
I just said in a different thread...neither do I visit with another person and keep quoting scripture.... If after all these years the word is not within us...again we are a sad lot. Anyone can pull any scripture from Gen-Rev to prove their argument....sword fencing with scripture quotes proves neither side. But,I do not expect you to agree with me..as you are one of them. :D

Don't get me wrong, I love scripture and have read from Gen to Rev many times over, in my life as have most of us...I just don't use it in an argument , I see no point...anyone can prove or disprove anything by quoting a verse.
I just like hearing hearts speak , myself.

Bless you, long time no see.
BTW nice avatar... " we wish" :) aging cannot be helped can it...it arrives whether we like it or not!! The avatar keeps you young... lol

Reactions: truthquest

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Still had the crissy tree up this year, has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus or His birth but for the granddaughter it is nice and its fun, christmas is what it is, a time for teh rich to get richer, teh poor to get poorer, the world to get into more debt, but best of all. an excuse to take holidays, and spend time with ones family if one has one.As my brother asked me " how did it go", so I said, "was all fun and excitement till grandaughter opened her pressies than it was just another day",

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Amen...me too...I don't like links either and almost never click on them.
If after all this time we can't speak from our heart to share what we believe we are a sad lot!!
I just said in a different thread...neither do I visit with another person and keep quoting scripture.... If after all these years the word is not within us...again we are a sad lot. Anyone can pull any scripture from Gen-Rev to prove their argument....sword fencing with scripture quotes proves neither side. But,I do not expect you to agree with me..as you are one of them. :D

Don't get me wrong, I love scripture and have read from Gen to Rev many times over, in my life as have most of us...I just don't use it in an argument , I see no point...anyone can prove or disprove anything by quoting a verse.
I just like hearing hearts speak , myself.

Bless you, long time no see.
BTW nice avatar... " we wish" :) aging cannot be helped can it...it arrives whether we like it or not!! The avatar keeps you young... lol
I got a make-over. Like?

th

I agree with all you've said except that when you post on bible study it's required --- I think.

AND, if someone says something weird or that I never heard before, I do ask for scripture.

Otherwise, yes, we should be speaking from the heart...

Reactions: Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
wolves are not necessarily evil, either; and either way they serve God too i guess. But that is not the point, is it.

Strong Men are also called out and also not condemned, i guess. Word does not condemn, ever, even a little, imo
bb
sometimes je ne sai pas what you're talking about!

Reactions: Richard_oti

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Interesting.
So how do YOU learn theology?
Exegesis?
Hermeunetics?
Simple

Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

We are supposed to know Christ, and there is only one way we can get to know Him, and its not by reading...

Reactions: bbyrd009

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Simple

Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

We are supposed to know Christ, and there is only one way we can get to know Him, and its not by reading...
I agree.
But did you learn theology from Him?
Did you learn what 2 Timothy 2:13 means from Him?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agree with all you've said except that when you post on bible study it's required --- I think.

(Yes, love the make-over ..is it anyone I should know? ;) )

I had thought of that ( the above)..the trouble is with me is..I always forget to check where a thread is posted! Eeeekkkk
So I give you permission to demand a scripture if you catch me in the Bible Study Boards.
Every blessing...Helen

Reactions: Richard_oti

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
(Yes, love the make-over ..is it anyone I should know? ;) )

I had thought of that ( the above)..the trouble is with me is..I always forget to check where a thread is posted! Eeeekkkk
So I give you permission to demand a scripture if you catch me in the Bible Study Boards.
Every blessing...Helen
Why, it's me silly.
Can't you tell??
(that chick doesn't look as good as herself in that pix!)

I sometimes forget what forum I'm on too.
Well, that's what mods are for --- they could remind us!
Anyway, I ASK for scripture, I don't DEMAND anything...
Only respect. If you think I deserve it...

Happy New Year "By Grace" !
A healthy one before all else...

th

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree.
But did you learn theology from Him?
Did you learn what 2 Timothy 2:13 means from Him?
There are no theology question when one arrives at judgement only Jesus.

I know nothing of mens wisdom or fancy names, Like Paul all I long to know is Jesus Christ, in Him is the truth and in Him is my salvation, He is enough for me.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
There are no theology question when one arrives at judgement only Jesus.

I know nothing of mens wisdom or fancy names, Like Paul all I long to know is Jesus Christ, in Him is the truth and in Him is my salvation, He is enough for me.
This is wonderful mjr
I used to be like you many a year ago.
Then I started learning some things in a denominational church and I loved it.
Then I started to witness and had to know stuff.
Then I started to teach our faith to kids and had to know even more.
Then I came to these forums and , oh boy, I learned so much here too.

So yeah. I want Jesus next to me and part of my life, which He is.
But it's good to know things too -- if it's necessary for you.
We're all different...

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen