Banned !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then I started learning some things in a denominational church and I loved it.
so did i much of it was about what Jesus is not, a lot led to more confusion, so now its Jesus alone, He is quiet capable of teaching me or anyone for matter, anything I need or we need to know if one would believe and give Him there time. I would rather be a fool for Jesus than be filled with the wisdom and knowledge of men, we see what that does around here.

When we stand before Him on that day of judgement all that learning will account for nothing , when we are stripped of teh world there will be nothing left, we will be butt naked with nothing to show, so we will have nothing of which we can boast, nothing, and all the walls we built around ourselves and all the facades we put on will be torn away, an we, as He will, will see ourselves as we are. no where to hide.

God bless

Reactions: truthquest

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
so did i much of it was about what Jesus is not, a lot led to more confusion, so now its Jesus alone, He is quiet capable of teaching me or anyone for matter, anything I need or we need to know if one would believe and give Him there time. I would rather be a fool for Jesus than be filled with the wisdom and knowledge of men, we see what that does around here.

When we stand before Him on that day of judgement all that learning will account for nothing , when we are stripped of teh world there will be nothing left, we will be butt naked with nothing to show, so we will have nothing of which we can boast, nothing, and all the walls we built around ourselves and all the facades we put on will be torn away, an we, as He will, will see ourselves as we are. no where to hide.

God bless
I agree 100%.

But if I start a thread, I better know something about it!
Theologians brought us the Trinity,,,which is biblical.

But there's nothing to argue here.
You're blessed.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Simple

Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

We are supposed to know Christ, and there is only one way we can get to know Him, and its not by reading...
i dunno mjr, study to show yourself approved, don't study and show yourself false imo.
i guess i technically agree with you, but practically speaking after we have turned down the offer of The Hippy Way or the Tao of Pooh or whatever, i guess we are most of us sooo legalist that through the Book is the only way

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
those who assumed leadership in the institutional church are characterized as wolves and strong men, but they nonetheless serve God, these offices have a purpose
How do you come to that conclusion?
The N.T. only says that in the last times wolves will come preaching a different gospel and not to listen to them.
WHO is the leadership in the institutional church IYO?
How do they serve God if they're leading his fold astary?
1 Timothy 4:1

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
and all those concepts in other Words, that he learned in a church? :)
You could learn a lot in a church.
If one is happy with that, fine.
I always want to know more, also because I had to teach it.
Well, not HAD to, I volunteered -- but still had to know.
It takes reading and learning what others believe, compare it to the bible, make a choice as to what you want to believe.

I agree with @mjrhealth, for instance, in that only Jesus is necessary.
When there's a conflict about something, I always go to what Jesus said, not to what Paul said. I believe that's the correct thing to do.

Also, Yes, Jesus made everything simple, then man messed it up.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
How do you come to that conclusion?
The N.T. only says that in the last times wolves will come preaching a different gospel and not to listen to them.
well, that isn't all It says, right, they were calling the times they were in the last days, and Paul did say "i know as soon as i leave..."
so somewhere else it says that ya, what you quoted, but the defs for "last days" and Paul's assertion go together imo

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
well, that isn't all It says, right, they were calling the times they were in the last days, and Paul did say "i know as soon as i leave..."
so somewhere else it says that ya, what you quoted, but the defs for "last days" and Paul's assertion go together imo
No bb.
There have ALWAYS been wolves in the church.
Wolves means anyone who is teaching something different than what the Apostles meant to be taught.
It's someone who teaches heresy.
THAT is a wolf. Not a theologian you may not agree with.

Reactions: bbyrd009