Banned !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I don't understand.
Is the resurrection truth?
oh, yes, sure, i didn't mean that there is no truth, i meant that humans don't know what truth is, so i'm not expecting any humans to be able to tell me the truth, and you shouldn't be expecting truth from me either, all i have is an opinion, like anyone else.

Be the most avoiding of those who say they know the truth imo, they are literally telling you "I AM A LIAR."

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
well cool then. What is that last one? is it in this list?
the translation bible online free to read - Google Search
No. That's the New Living Translation. Maybe the new Living Bible?
I have that one too BTW.

No. It's
The New Testament-A Translation
By ...Hart.
It's on amazon.com but the shipping is too expensive.
Will wait on that one. Can't wait to see it.

P.S. It's supposed to hold true to the LXX but in modern understandable language (since we're all being dumbed down).

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Oh. I see.
Yeah. I don't think a doctrine is an absolute truth.
I could agree with one over another, but that's about it.
i guess two competing doctrines usually both contain some truth, ya. But this is not how we use doctrines today, they have become laws now of course

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
By ...Hart.
"A Translation. David Bentley Hart undertook this new translation ofthe New Testament in the spirit of “etsi doctrina non daretur,” “as if doctrine is not given.” ... The early Christians' sometimes raw, astonished, and halting prose challenges the idea that the New Testament affirms the kind of people we are."

hmm, should be interesting. That last sentence is a doozy i guess, not sure what is even meant by that lol

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
"A Translation. David Bentley Hart undertook this new translation ofthe New Testament in the spirit of “etsi doctrina non daretur,” “as if doctrine is not given.” ... The early Christians' sometimes raw, astonished, and halting prose challenges the idea that the New Testament affirms the kind of people we are."

hmm, should be interesting. That last sentence is a doozy i guess, not sure what is even meant by that lol
I'd let my son mail it to me, but the postage would be just as expensive. Oooh. Wait. Maybe the England amazon...

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
hmm, i think there is a mobile version too, that you might have clicked accidentally, that would whack things out prolly
Checked. Can't find it.
There's a choice down at the bottom of this page...
"Christianity Board - Default"
But nothing changes.
Oh well. It still works and I've already learned m y way around...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No. That's the New Living Translation. Maybe the new Living Bible?
I have that one too BTW.

No. It's
By ...Hart.
It's on amazon.com but the shipping is too expensive.
Will wait on that one. Can't wait to see it.

P.S. It's supposed to hold true to the LXX but in modern understandable language (since we're all being dumbed down).

It's $35 here...shipping on Amazon is free when an order is over $35..
What is the difference between your $ exchange in Italy, against our $?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
bb's $24 would cost us Canadian more...our $ is down.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two comments:

1. ExeGESis ... "Geez, what does this mean!!"
Hermeunetics is the other one:::

Exegesis [ < Greek exègeisthai (to interpret) < ex- (out) + hègeisthai (to lead). Related to English 'seek'.] Definition: To interpret a text by way of a thorough analysis of its content. When you do exegesis, you are an exegete who is exegeting the text. What you are doing is described as being exegetical. In its most basic Bible-relevant meaning, exegesis means finding out what the Spirit originally was saying through its author in that Bible passage.

Exegesis is what comes out of the Bible, as against what gets read into it.

hermeneutics [ < Greek hermeneu(te)s (interpreter). ] Definition: The science of interpretation of a story or text, and the methods used in that science.

For Bible study, hermeneutics is about the ways you discover meaning in the Bible for your life and your era, faithfully taking its intents into today's world. The Bible is not meant to be a lazy read. When you read it, you use ways to figure out what it means and how to live out what you've learned. There's a science and an art to that: hermeneutics. Most hermeneutical methods are done from inside a Christian's (or a Christian community's) own desire to learn more of what God tells us in the Bible. (There's a page on this site that has more on doing this.) You use a hermeneutic, even if you think you don't. Hermeneutics are a type of discernment process, ways of mining for God and God's truth. We're exploring what is endless and beyond our ability to comprehend, so there is some practical use of heuristic tools (like trying out ideas or using 'rules of thumb') in order to live it.

And while we're at it, the very bad...

Eisegesis
Eisegesis [ < Greek eis- (into) + hègeisthai (to lead). (See 'exegesis'.)] Definition: A process where one leads into study by reading a text on the basis of pre-conceived ideas of its meanings. It is rare for someone to be called an 'eisegete', because eisegesis has a well-earned negative reputation.

Eisegesis is what's being done when someone interprets the Bible according to notions that were born outside of the Bible. In eisegesis, we read stuff into Scripture. For instance, the idea of the United States as a "Christian Nation" is the creation of egos who gloat over being powerful. It has no basis in history or fact, but more important, it has no basis in the Bible. Thus it arises from eisegesis. Yet some leading US politicians and pastors interpret the Bible through this notion.

To some extent, eisegesis is unavoidable. We don't come to the Bible with a blank slate.

Thank you, but since I seldom use the words, their meanings will likely be gone from my mind by the next time I have occasion to understand them.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
yikes, 1/3 more? just say the word and i'll send you one lol, i trust you for it :D

Yes your $ is more than ours...not sure it's a third any more though.
But often it pays me to order on the USA Amazon and sent to my daughter in Washington ( who comes up here a few times per year) than buy it on our Canadian, It's not just all because of the exchange rate, but the Canadian Amazon always charges more than the USA Amazon! :(

Reactions: bbyrd009