Binding And Loosing: A Proper Understanding

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many think the Biblical teaching on "binding and loosing" had to do with exercising authority only over human beings. Others think that it has to do with exercising control over angels and demons. So which one is it? When you step back and take the larger view, you find out it is actually both, because both are true. In the OP, I will explain the more scholarly interpretation, and in the second and third posts I will demonstrate how the latter is also true, and how the principle as it relates to spiritual warfare applies.

In the gospel of Matthew, Jesus mentioned binding and loosing in two places:

13 When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, “Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?”...16 Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” 20 Then He commanded His disciples that they should tell no one that He was Jesus the Christ. (Matthew 16:13-20)

The key here is in understanding what Jesus was referring to by "The Gates of Hades." Those within scholarship recognize this to be a reference to the underworld, where the Old Testament saints were still being kept until the time when the Lamb of God should be slain for the sins of mankind. Then entrance could be allowed then into Third Heaven, where God the Father was. Until this time, they were still being detained in the good side of the Underworld called "Paradise," or what the Greeks referred to in their religion as "Elysian Fields." That there was still a place called Paradise in the Underworld until the time of His ascension is obvious enough from the fact that when the thief on the cross on his right asked Jesus to remember him when He came into His kingdom, Jesus replied, "This day you shall be with me in Paradise." Where did Jesus go that day after His body expired? Into the earth, where it says "He preached to the spirits in prison" (1 Peter 3:19). After His death, Jesus descended to the lower parts of the earth and preached to the Old Testament saints that He was the Lamb slain from the foundation of the earth, and that He was now going to ascend to Third Heaven and lead them with Him, because the price had now been paid. This is why it is also said in scripture that "He ascended on High, and led captivity captive" (Ephesians 4:8).

This then is what Jesus was referring to in telling Peter that He was the Messiah, the Son of God, and that "the Gates of Hades" would not prevail against the church. He was prophesying that the day was soon coming when He would preach to the saints of old this same message Peter had received from God, and nothing would be able to keep them from ascending with Him to be with the Father.

So the practice of Binding and Loosing was related to this. Just as Jesus would "loose" the Old Testament saints to be with God, so too would Peter and the other apostles would have the power (should two or more of them be in agreement), to "loose" some into the kingdom of God while binding others from it because they were still steeped in their sins due to a lack of true repentance.

This can be seen in Jesus' second use of the expression a few Chapters later:

15 “Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. 16 But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’ 17 And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector. 18 “Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. 19 “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.” (Matthew 18:15-20)

A good example of "loosing" can be when Jesus loosed the woman from her infirmity on the Sabbath in Luke 13:

10 Now He was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath. 11 And behold, there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up. 12 But when Jesus saw her, He called her to Him and said to her, “Woman, you are loosed from your infirmity.” 13 And He laid His hands on her, and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God. (Luke 13:10-13).

By contrast, a good example of "binding" can be seen in the encounter Peter had with Simon the Magician, as found in the Book of Acts:

But Simon, having seen that the Holy Spirit was given by the laying on of the apostles’ hands, offered them riches, saying, “Give me this authority as well, so that on whomsoever I may lay my hands, he may receive the Holy Spirit.” But Peter said to him, “May your riches come to ruin with you, because you thought that the gift of God could be obtained by riches. There is no part nor share for you in this matter, for your heart is not right before God. Repent, therefore, of this your wickedness, and ask the Lord God if [this] thought of your heart may truly be forgiven you. For I perceive that you are subject to the venom of bitterness and the bond of iniquity." And having answered, Simon said, “You pray to the Lord on my behalf, so that nothing which you have spoken may come upon me.” (Acts 8:9–24)

Peter was in effect saying that God had shown him Simon's true spiritual state. The words, "I perceive that you are subject to the venom of bitterness and the bond of iniquity" suggest that Peter was given a word of knowledge or possibly a short vision, for they paint the picture of a man (Simon) being entwined by snakes, with their fangs biting him and filling him with their poison. But whatever the case, Peter was here "binding" Simon from ministry in the church because he was still subject to demonic spirits, and therefore had "no part" in the ministry of the Holy Spirit.

But notice that BOTH these instances had to do with either being released from or being kept bound by demonic spirits. One was willing to be loosed from them while the other was still bound by lusts and bitterness, and not willing to let his demons go.

This is why the practice of "binding and loosing" has come to be associated with spiritual warfare today, only as I will show in the next post, very little of what passes today for genuine "binding and loosing" has much weight behind it, and is therefore largely ineffective in dealing with demonic spirits and demonic attacks.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many today, especially in Pentecostal circles, "bind" demons and "loose" angels left and right, "taking authority" in the name of Jesus over all sorts of ailments and spiritual situations. Unfortunately most of it is just hot air. To demonstrate why, let me quote from a very powerful vision that was given to Mary Baxter back in the 70s. In this vision, the Lord Himself revealed to her what REAL binding and loosing is like, and what it actually involves.

The Spirit of the Lord was upon me, and again we went into Hell. Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, many souls are here because of witchcraft, the occult, the worship of other gods, disobedience, unbelief, drunkenness, and filthiness of flesh and spirit. Come, I will show you a mystery and tell you of hidden things. I will reveal to you how to pray against the forces of evil"... I looked and beheld an open vision. In the vision, Jesus and I were high above the earth looking out into space. I saw a spiritual circle high above the earth. The circle was invisible to the natural eye, but in the spirit, I could see it well. I knew that the vision was related to our fight against the princes and powers of the air.

As I continued to look, I discovered there were in fact several circles. In the first circle were many dirty, evil spirits. I saw the dirty spirits take on the forms of witches, and they began to fly about the heavens and do much spiritual damage. I heard the voice of Jesus say, "In My name, I give My children power over these evil ones. Listen and learn how to pray. "

I saw an odd-shaped form arise from another circle and begin to spin about and cast spells. I saw then that a demon had arisen, and he was doing evil things to the earth. The demon had the spirit of a wizard. He would turn and laugh, and from a stick in his hand he cast evil spells on various people. I saw other evil spirits join the wizard, and Satan gave him more power.

"Behold, what you bind on earth, I will bind in heaven," said Jesus, "Satan must be bound if the prayers of the saints are to be effective in these last days."

From another circle, I saw another sorcerer arise and he began to give orders. Rain and fire fell upon the earth as he spoke. He spoke many evil things, and he deceived the people on the earth. As I watched, I saw two more evil spirits join the sorcerer high above the earth. These all were evil princes and powers of the air.

These gave their powers to witches who were gathered together in a certain place to do evil. Workers of darkness gathered around them. The spirits came and went as they chose.

"Watch carefully," Jesus said, "for the Holy Spirit is revealing a great truth to you."

In the vision I saw terrible things happening on the earth. Evil was magnified and sin abounded. The forces of evil caused men to steal, to lie, to cheat, to hurt one another, to speak evil and to succumb to the lusts of the flesh. All kinds of evil were released upon the earth. I said, "Jesus, this is awful to behold." Jesus said, "My child, in My name, evil has to flee. Put on the whole armor of God that you may be able to stand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand."

As the evil spirits spewed their vileness and slander upon the earth, I saw the people of God begin to pray. They prayed in the name of Jesus and in faith. As they prayed, the Word of God came against the evil spirits, which began to lose ground. As the saints prayed, the forces of evil lost their hold. Evil spells were broken. Those who had been weakened by the forces of Hell were strengthened.

When they prayed as in one voice, the angels of heaven entered the fray. I saw the holy angels fighting with the evil princes and powers of the air, and God's angels were destroying the powers of evil.

I looked, and behold there were rows upon rows of angel forces, with about 600 in each row. As the people believed God, the angels advanced. God gave the orders, and mighty was His power. He gave great strength to His people and to the angels to destroy the works of Satan. God was fighting against evil in the sky. (A Divine Revelation Of Hell, P.157-160).

Notice that it was when they prayed "as one voice." This is the key. After an extended time in prayer they began to pray as one voice, and this means that they entered into the Spirit and the Lord Jesus Christ began speaking through them by the Holy Spirit. THIS is the voice that carries authority, and losses angels by the thousands to go to work on the church's behalf. Many think Christians have "delegated authority," but that's not quite it. The authority is still entirely Christ's, but we begin to enter into that authority when we enter in by His Spirit to that place where HE is finally speaking through us. When that happens, the words we speak carry genuine authority, and the entire spirit world will be made aware of it, for the angels of God will be loosed from Heaven to bind evil in heavenly places, and destroy its ability to keep perpetrating evil upon mankind.

As I will show in Post #3, Praise can also play a major part in binding and loosing, because the Lord inhabits the praises of His people.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Continuing with the vision of Mary Kathryn Baxter:

When the people prayed and believed God, the evil forces were destroyed. But when there was disbelief, the evil powers began to overcome.

"My people must believe, and they must agree with each other and with Me," said the Lord, "if all things are to be put under the Father's feet." Heaven and earth must agree if we are to destroy our enemies.

As the praises of God's people began to rise from the earth, the evil forces retreated. I saw saints of God praying with all their hearts against the wiles of the devil. As they did, evil spells and curses were broken, and the saints gained the victory.

This is what happened. As the angels of the Lord fought with the demons and the forces of hell, saints were delivered through prayer. As the people were delivered, many praises rang out to God, and the praises brought more victories. Only when the results of prayer were not seen at once did the praises cease and evil began to win the battle.

I heard an angel with a loud voice say, "O Lord, the faith of Your people is weak. They must have faith if You are to deliver them from the hordes of satan. Lord, have mercy on the heirs of salvation."

The voice of the Almighty responded, "Without faith it is impossible to please God. But the Lord is faithful, and He will establish you."

Again in the vision I saw God pour out His Spirit on all flesh, and the people believed that God would do all they asked because they were His and I sincerely loved Him. They had faith in God and believed His Word, and God delivered them. And the Word of God grew in the land.

The Lord said, "All things are possible to them that believe. I watch over My Word to perform it. You do your part, and you can know that I will do Mine. If my people will stand for truth and fight the good fight, wonderful things will happen as on the Day of Pentecost. Call upon Me and I will hear. I will be your God and you will be My people. I will establish you in righteousness, truth and sincerity."

In the vision, I saw Christians being born as little babies. I saw the angels standing over them to protect them from harm. I saw the Lord of Hosts fighting their battles and gaining the victory for them. Then I saw the babes grow up and harvest the fields of the Lord of Glory. They were doing the work of the Lord with a glad heart-loving God, trusting God and serving God. I saw the angels and God's Word combine to destroy evil from the face of the earth. I saw peace on earth as everything was eventually put under the feet of God.

The following is a teaching I was inspired by @thelord's_pearl to give because she was interested in the subject. I will tag a few others I think might be interested.

God bless,
Hidden In Him.

@Mayflower, @TLHKAJ, @Heart2Soul, @Pearl, @amadeus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When the people prayed and believed God, the evil forces were destroyed. But when there was disbelief, the evil powers began to overcome.

"My people must believe, and they must agree with each other and with Me," said the Lord, "if all things are to be put under the Father's feet." Heaven and earth must agree if we are to destroy our enemies.

As the praises of God's people began to rise from the earth, the evil forces retreated. I saw saints of God praying with all their hearts against the wiles of the devil. As they did, evil spells and curses were broken, and the saints gained the victory.

This is what happened. As the angels of the Lord fought with the demons and the forces of hell, saints were delivered through prayer. As the people were delivered, many praises rang out to God, and the praises brought more victories. Only when the results of prayer were not seen at once did the praises cease and evil began to win the battle.

I heard an angel with a loud voice say, "O Lord, the faith of Your people is weak. They must have faith if You are to deliver them from the hordes of satan. Lord, have mercy on the heirs of salvation."

The voice of the Almighty responded, "Without faith it is impossible to please God. But the Lord is faithful, and He will establish you."

Again in the vision I saw God pour out His Spirit on all flesh, and the people believed that God would do all they asked because they were His and I sincerely loved Him. They had faith in God and believed His Word, and God delivered them. And the Word of God grew in the land.

The Lord said, "All things are possible to them that believe. I watch over My Word to perform it. You do your part, and you can know that I will do Mine. If my people will stand for truth and fight the good fight, wonderful things will happen as on the Day of Pentecost. Call upon Me and I will hear. I will be your God and you will be My people. I will establish you in righteousness, truth and sincerity."

In the vision, I saw Christians being born as little babies. I saw the angels standing over them to protect them from harm. I saw the Lord of Hosts fighting their battles and gaining the victory for them. Then I saw the babes grow up and harvest the fields of the Lord of Glory. They were doing the work of the Lord with a glad heart-loving God, trusting God and serving God. I saw the angels and God's Word combine to destroy evil from the face of the earth. I saw peace on earth as everything was eventually put under the feet of God.

The following is a teaching I was inspired by @thelord's_pearl to give because she was interested in the subject. I will tag a few others I think might be interested.

God bless,
Hidden In Him.

This is from along the same teachings of Rick Joyner's teaching...I like his book The Final Quest...haven't read all of The Call yet

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is from along the same teachings of Rick Joyner's teaching...I like his book The Final Quest...haven't read all of The Call yet

Good afternoon, sister!

Yes, both his visions and Baxter's were given during the same time periods, and both deal with similar things. You should finish The Call whenever you get the chance. I actually have both The Final Quest and The Call sitting on my desk open, as a reminder to go back through them here soon. Very Spiritual War oriented, if you know what I mean.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God bless,
Hidden In Him.

I agree as to one voice, one accord...
There is too much division in the body of believers...
A house divided cannot stand.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree as to one voice, one accord...
There is too much division in the body of believers...
A house divided cannot stand.

Yes, and the above teaching speaks to the power of CORPORATE prayer when congregations enter fully into the Spirit together, which is a teaching that seems to be lost on the body of Christ at the current time. It was corporate prayer in the early church that caused God to send angels and loose Peter from prison supernaturally, and it is corporate prayer that will again set the captives free in the end-times.

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and the above teaching speaks to the power of CORPORATE prayer when congregations enter fully into the Spirit together, which is a teaching that seems to be lost on the body of Christ at the current time. It was corporate prayer in the early church that caused God to send angels and loose Peter from prison supernaturally, and it is corporate prayer that will again set the captives free in the end-times.

Most translation are improper giving the ilusion of turning things upside down which takes away the understanding from above . as we are informed in Mnathew 16 and 19

Isaiah 29:16 Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?

James speaks of earthly inspired of the devil used to take away the understanding of the Potter /

The Youngs literal is one of the few that turn it right side up

Mathew16: 19 and I will give to thee the keys of the reign of the heavens, and whatever thou mayest bind upon the earth shall be having been bound in the heavens, and whatever thou mayest loose upon the earth shall be having been loosed in the heavens.'

Even the apostle Peter in a few verses later in false pride was mixed up following the law of the father having in mind the things of men and not that of God not seen the things of God .

Mathew16;22-23 And having taken him aside, Peter began to rebuke him, saying, `Be kind to thyself, sir; this shall not be to thee;' and he having turned, said to Peter, `Get thee behind me, adversary! thou art a stumbling-block to me, for thou dost not mind the things of God, but the things of men.'

Reactions: marks

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most translation are improper giving the ilusion of turning things upside down which takes away the understanding from above . as we are informed in Mnathew 16 and 19

Isaiah 29:16 Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?

James speaks of earthly inspired of the devil used to take away the understanding of the Potter /

The Youngs literal is one of the few that turn it right side up

Mathew16: 19 and I will give to thee the keys of the reign of the heavens, and whatever thou mayest bind upon the earth shall be having been bound in the heavens, and whatever thou mayest loose upon the earth shall be having been loosed in the heavens.'

Even the apostle Peter in a few verses later in false pride was mixed up following the law of the father having in mind the things of men and not that of God not seen the things of God .

Mathew16;22-23 And having taken him aside, Peter began to rebuke him, saying, `Be kind to thyself, sir; this shall not be to thee;' and he having turned, said to Peter, `Get thee behind me, adversary! thou art a stumbling-block to me, for thou dost not mind the things of God, but the things of men.'

Greetings Gary Urban.

I wish to respond, only your response leaves me guessing as to your meaning. What do you feel is "minding the things of men" on this issue, and what do you feel is "minding the things of God"?

God bless, and thanks for the response.
- H

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Absolutely...and scripture says when we agree as touching anything it shall be done....also, one can put a thousand to flight but two ten thousand to flight....(what are we putting to flight?? the enemy's army!)......and a 3 stranded cord is not easily broken...
Just a few there are more.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely...and scripture says when we agree as touching anything it shall be done....also, one can put a thousand to flight but two ten thousand to flight....(what are we putting to flight?? the enemy's army!)......and a 3 stranded cord is not easily broken...
Just a few there are more.

Amen, LoL. Most encouraging thing I've read today. :)

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings Gary Urban.

I wish to respond, only your response leaves me guessing as to your meaning. What do you feel is "minding the things of men" on this issue, and what do you feel is "minding the things of God"?

God bless, and thanks for the response.
- H

Minding the Spirit of God is it to walk by faith as it is written led by his Spirit (sola scriptura) God's law .Minding the things of men makes sola scriptura the revealed mind of God to no effect led by the spirit of the antichrists (many) the god of this world called a law of the fathers. In that way no man can serve two teaching masters a one Lord and God .

Peter is used as a example of the antichrists. He was forgiven of his blasphemy against the Son of man, Jesus .That 33 year window of opportunity closed when he visually disappeared out of sight.

It is the opposite understanding to the Catholic who must make Peter and some sort of unknown successors called “apostolic” (a non-biblical word) to usurp our Father in heaven the things of God . They say Mathew 16 supports their teaching master the Pope as oral tradition of men making men the key that the gates of hell could never prevail against as the things of men

Rather than Christ the true gospel key that the gates of hell could never prevail against. They attribute the power of the gospel to Peter.

Mathew 16: 22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Minding the Spirit of God is it to walk by faith as it is written led by his Spirit (sola scriptura) God's law .Minding the things of men makes sola scriptura the revealed mind of God to no effect led by the spirit of the antichrists (many) the god of this world called a law of the fathers. In that way no man can serve two teaching masters a one Lord and God .

Ok, scripture only.

My curiosity was this: How is teaching that the church needs to come together in prayer until they so enter into the Spirit of God that they speak as one voice, how do you believe that to be a "teaching of men"? Do you believe such things should be what the church is striving to do? Also out of curiosity, what denomination do you belong to?

God bless,
- H

Last edited:
Reactions: Pearl

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So when we pray altogether and praise God we're binding and loosing :)

Well that's the beginning. :)

You see, when you attend good Christian worship services, you can always sense when the congregation is entering into the Spirit of God. There is a distinct feeling, and you enter into a oneness together. Everything starts to flow, and the Spirit of God just takes over and leads wherever He will. People start being deeply effected because the Presence of God becomes stronger and starts touching people's hearts and lives.

It is when in those times that a congregation becomes one together in Him, not theoretically but practically, and the Spirit begins moving in the spiritual gifts. They will get quiet suddenly, and then the Spirit will chose one person at random that speaks forth loudly in the Spirit, and proclaims a word from the Lord. This may be followed by another, adding something the other left out, but it is the Spirit speaking through both, and through others likewise so led, and if their heart's desire from the outset was to pray against the powers of evil, this is often precisely what the Spirit begins addressing. The Lord Himself, through the Spirit, declares over evil spirits in high places that their power in a certain situation is coming to an end, and the Lord then commands His angels to back up those words, and unlike with those who are just speaking on their own initiative, the words have power and authority in them, and the spirit realm is transformed by the power and authority of Christ Himself, speaking through His church.

That's a longer explanation than maybe it needed to be, but since you sound like you have never experienced such services before, I thought I'd give you the long version. :)

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well that's the beginning. :)

You see, when you attend good Christian worship services, you can always sense when the congregation is entering into the Spirit of God. There is a distinct feeling, and you enter into a oneness together. Everything starts to flow, and the Spirit of God just takes over and leads wherever He will. People start being deeply effected because the Presence of God becomes stronger and starts touching people's hearts and lives.

It is when in those times that a congregation becomes one together in Him, not theoretically but practically, and the Spirit begins moving in the spiritual gifts. They will get quiet suddenly, and then the Spirit will chose one person at random that speaks forth loudly in the Spirit, and proclaims a word from the Lord. This may be followed by another, adding something the other left out, but it is the Spirit speaking through both, and through others likewise so led, and if their heart's desire from the outset was to pray against the powers of evil, this is often precisely what the Spirit begins addressing. The Lord Himself, through the Spirit, declares over evil spirits in high places that their power in a certain situation is coming to an end, and the Lord then commands His angels to back up those words, and unlike with those who are just speaking on their own initiative, the words have power and authority in them, and the spirit realm is transformed by the power and authority of Christ Himself, speaking through His church.

That's a longer explanation than maybe it needed to be, but since you sound like you have never experienced such services before, I thought I'd give you the long version. :)
Thank you so much

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, scripture only.

My curiosity was this: How is teaching that the church needs to come together in prayer until they so enter into the Spirit of God that they speak as one voice, how do you believe that to be a "teaching of men"? Do you believe such things should be what the church is striving to do? Also out of curiosity also, what denomination do you belong to?

God bless,
- H

We agree with God by the voice of God and not the oral traditions or private interpretation of men as personal commentaries.

I would think we enter in the Spirit of Christ by walking with Christ as two walking together. Assembling oneself together does not mean we have entered. When two or three a family, two or three tribe, or two or three nation gather together under all things written in the law and the prophets (sola scriptural) he is there working in them to both will and do His good pleasure. Two or three families or nations does not increase His presence.

When the Jewish atheist elders gathered themselves together in 1 Samuel 8 they had no belief in an unseen God or what God calls fools. They had become jealous of the surrounding pagan nation who foundation as in “out of sight out of mind” .They refused to walk by faith by serving God not seen therefore defining the abomination of desolation “kings in Israel” a hierarchy of men government . making the King of kings desolate

1 Samauel 8: 7 And the Lord said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

During the first century reformation the order of the government of God, walk by faith was restored back to the period of Judges fulfiling the promise of Joel a kingdom of priests’ men and women holding out the gospel of peace as prophets sent as apostles.

No outward representation of men under a law of the father lording it over the faith or understanding of non-venerable show watchers.

If more than one family, tribe or nation would gather together and apply the loosing and binding law like with church discipline they represent that which was loosed from heaven God does the actual work if any.

They themselves did not provide forgiveness as if God was served by the corrupted human hands as a will. They are ceremonies as shadows that point to the one source of faith as it is written.

It is the reason that Catholicism has set up an order teaching men they have the power to forgive sin turning the binding and loosening doctrine upside down as if inspired from Rome earthy.And is why they try and add more and more with secret mystical books like the Apocrypha to add sola scriptura making it to no effect.

The whole Vatican library is assumed as divinely inspired to give the illusion God is still adding to his two witnesses the law and the prophets (sola scriptura)

This is even knowing we have the complete or perfect with no laws missing by which we could know our living God more intimately .They simply make the Bible without effect so that they can keep “I heard it through the grape vine” as oral traditions of men. In that way when we try the spirits to see if they are of men inspired from earth or of God inspired from heaven .Any person that says thus says the lord, I had a vision or a dream we are to believe not .In that way no man can serve two teaching masters as our Lord not seen .