• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Are you doing or not doing the works of the flesh anymore?

What i do is walk in the Spirit so that i dont fulfill the lusts of the Flesh.

This is Paul teaching Galatians 5:16.

So, the reason he tells us that, is because its True.

The reason so few Believers exist like that regarding their discipleship is because they didn't know this was possible.
But it is, and its what we the born again, (not the water baptized religious) but the BORN AGAIN, are supposed to do.

The reason that Paul says that "'"Christ ALWAYS gives me the victory""" over the world, the flesh, and the devil, is because its true.

I teach what Paul teaches regarding HOW to exist there, so that you can stop the "sinning and confessing" broken faith issue.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
George Sodini and his church did not teach you had to do any works to be saved but to believe alone in Jesus for salvation. That’s it.
That was the problem and this type of belief has spread like a cancer to .

You just stated that the Grace of God, that is the Gospel, is "cancer".
You really are deceived.
I had no idea you were that deep into heresy, but to say that "Faith is accepted as rightousess", and "Justified by faith", which is the GOSPEL....
"faith without works"......
You just said this is "cancer".
That's extreme Cross denying heresy. That's spitting on the Cross and you think that is your ministry., Bible Highlighter
It absolutely the Devil's ministry.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
They are twice dead.

All legalists are "twice dead", if they are never born again.
So, your verse is not talking to the born again. Its talking to the damned, and that is all unbelievers, however, those who deny the Grace of God, and change it into "works" as you do, are the deadest of the dead.

Reactions: mailmandan

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I don’t agree with Adam at Epiousion Apologetics on many things, He has a great video spoof from a Hiller film adaptation on exposing the popular sin and still be saved mentality in Christianity today.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

To be born again does not mean you are not capable of sinning ever again, and you cannot become lost again by sin.

Anti-God rhetoric.

Born Again exactly means you ARE MADE a NEW Creature THAT Which can NOT ever again BE AGAINST God!

God Created and Made the Heavens and Earth.

......God Created and Made holy angels with Freewill.
......Their Estate is Heaven.
......They Are spirits that can never die.

......God Created and Made very good mankind with Freewill.
......Their Estate is Earth.
......They are body’s the will die.

......From the Beginning of Gods Creation and Making
......holy angels and mankind have exercised their Freewill.
......Some choosing to Exalt God, others choosing to Reject God.

......From the Beginning holy angels remain with God.
......From the Beginning mankind with God remains with God.

Good News Gospel of God by, through, of Christ the Lord Jesus Revealed. A Promise of RE-MAKING ... Perfect, Holy, Everlasting.

.....A RE-MAKE of Gods Creations of How, When, Why, Order and Way.
.....A New Heavens, A New Earth, A New Man-Kind...holy, holy, holy
THAT shall Never Pass AWAY!!

For the utterly ignorant, stubborn, rebellious mankind, who opens his one mouth in anti-God rhetoric and fails to open his two ears to hear and fails to open his one mouth in heartful confessed agreement to be Re-MADE, remains the old creature;
doom and damnation, Without God, is his reward.

For the humbled, patient, willing mankind, who opens his ears, hears, trusts, believes and opens his one mouth in heartful confessed agreement, while alive in his flesh, to be Re-MADE, his Re-making is accomplished once and forever; is made a new creature;
eternal glory, With God, is his reward.

Praise and Glory to our Holy, Holy, Holy Great Lord God Almighty,
Taken

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I. Fall Away List of Verses:

If we are never in jeopardy when we sin, then the Bible would not teach that we can fall away from the faith; But it does teach that we can fall away.

Here are several lists of verses that makes it absolutely clear that believers can fall away from the faith:

Here is a General List of Verses on How Believers Can Fall Away:

1 Samuel 16:14
1 Samuel 31:4
Ezekiel 18:24
Hebrews 3:12-14
Hebrews 4:11
Hebrews 6:4-9
Hebrews 10:26-30
Hebrews 12:15
1 Timothy 1:18-20
1 Timothy 4:1-7
Galatians 3:1-5
2 Peter 2:20-22
2 Peter 3:17
Matthew 13:18-23
1 Corinthians 10:12
2 Thessalonians 2:3

Now, do not misunderstand me, believers cannot lose their salvation (like they would a pair of car keys), but they can forfeit their salvation (i.e. they can willingly throw it away by rebelling against God). In fact,

Here is a list of believers who have forfeited their salvation:

Saul (1 Samuel 16:14) (1 Samuel 31:4)
Demas (2 Timothy 4:10)
The Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32)
Judas Iscariot (Psalm 41:9) (Luke 6:16) (Acts 1:25)
Hymenaeus and Philetus (2 Timothy 2:17-18)
Unnamed Christians destroyed by false teaching (2 Timothy 2:17-18)
Many Unnamed Disciples (John 6:66)
Some Younger Christian Widows (1 Timothy 5:14-15)
Some Christians Eager For Money (1 Timothy 6:8-10)
Ananias and Sapphira (Acts of the Apostles 5:1-11)

And here is a list of potential fallen believers:

The Servant Who is Not Looking For Him (Luke 12:45-46)
Recent Convert Who is a Potential Spiritual Leader (1 Timothy 3:6)
The Unforgiving in Heart (Matthew 6:14-15)
Luke Warm Unrepentant Believer (Revelation 3:14-22)
Fruitless Christians (John 15:1-10) (Matthew 25:14-30)
Widows That Live in Pleasure (1 Timothy 5:5-6)
Believers Whose Seed Fell Upon the Rocks (Luke 8:13)
Believers Whose Seed Was Choked by Thorns (Matthew 13:22)
Gentile Believer Who Did Not Have on a Wedding Garment (Matthew 22:1-14) (Revelation 19:7-8)
The Potential Fellow Believer Who Erred From the Truth & Was Converted Back (James 5:19-20)

In fact, Paul is against Eternal Security or a sin and still be saved type belief. For Paul says,

1. We can fall from grace (Galatians 5:4).

2. We can be moved away from the hope (Colossians 1:23).

3. We can be a castaway (1 Corinthians 9:27).

4. We can be cut off just like the Jews if we do not continue in God’s goodness (Romans 11:20-22).

5. We can sow to the flesh and reap corruption instead of sowing to the Spirit which reaps everlasting life. (Galatians 6:8).

6. We can deny God by a lack of good works (Titus 1:16).

7. We can shipwreck our faith (1 Timothy 1:19).

8. We can deny the faith and be worse than an infidel if we do not provide for our own household (1 Timothy 5:8).

9. We can err from the faith and pierce ourselves thru with many sorrows if we love and covet after money (1 Timothy 6:10).

10. Hymnenaeus and Philetus have overthrown the faith of some (2 Timothy 2:18).

These things would not exist in Scripture if things are as OSAS folk say.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
one question who made you judge of salvation
Romans 2:16

“In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.” you listed saul he was not of God he was of man Give us a king . one more question where is the scriptures that says you can lose salvation or you cant? them exact words !!! a hint there is no scripture that says them exact words see your not the judge of anyone's salvation . if anything you/we are to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling i noticed you let out kept by the power of God . to him who is able to keep us from falling jude 24

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born Again = Not a Sinner
OP ^

Amen!

How Great is our Lord God Almighty...

Creator and Maker for earthly mans eyes to see.
* Re-Maker for no earthly mans eyes to see.

* A restored soul saved forever with Gods Breath of Life.
* A quickened spirit born again of Gods Seed.
* A glorified body by the Power of God.

A NEW CREATURE, men OF the world can not See.
Yet New Creatures KNOW who other New Creatures Are.

Ponder That!
Ponder This!

Wicked men trying to hide their dirty deeds with deceit upon deceit. Fallen angles roaming around hidden from mans sight.
Populations at Large be tricked and fooled and cowering in fear.
And the NEW Creatures IN the Comfort WITH the Lord God.

How Marvelous is His Works!
Re-MADE New Creatures walking about, that the World can not SEE.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If we are never in jeopardy when we sin,....

Ridiculous mindful nonsense.
Every man in his sin, who commits sin is in jeopardy!

Here are several lists of verses that makes it absolutely clear that believers can fall away from the faith:

NO KIDDING....Hundreds of of Scriptural WARNINGS...

NOT NEWS!

BELIEVERS......CAN FALL AWAY!

THE CONVERTED CAN NEVER FALL AWAY!

In fact, Paul is against Eternal Security

UTTERLY FALSE!

OF COURSE WARNINGS would and do exist in Scripture...

God is Just.
DO THIS...your consequence is THIS.
DO THAT...your consequence is THAT.

Do you KNOW NOTHING about How the LAW WORKS?
It is told, It is published, It reveals What you can do. It reveals What you can not do. It reveals the Positive Consequences. It reveal the Negative Consequences...

Do you NOT KNOW WARNINGS are revealed BEFORE you make STUPID choices TO DO That and receive a NEGATIVE Consequence?

ARE you completely Ignorant of the FACT that God, the Prophets, Jesus, the Apostles........................................ WARNED, WARNED, WARNED of making ANTI-God, ANTI-Christ Choices?

OSAS is NOT WARNING men about making stupid anti-God, anti-Christ choices!

OSAS IS ABOUT men IN Christ WHO HAVE ALREADY MADE THEIR CHOICE TO BE Converted, body, soul, spirit IN Christ and WITH God Forever!

THEIR Fellowship is WITH their brothers IN Christ who have ALSO become MADE Converted, and ARE New Creatures, body, soul, spirit!

Since you imply you are a believer, AND preach anti-secure Salvation IN Christ.
Absolutely you can LOSE your gift of Salvation....BECAUSE you NEVER Converted and Became Made New Creature...

Remember ... Believer, follower Peter? All Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, when Peter was with Jesus. And then mingling among men OF the world, in fear to STAND for his belief, DENIED, DENIED, DENIED Jesus...

OPEN your EYES and EARS...the majority of the population OF the world are AGAINST God, AGAINST Christ, and AGAINST Believers.
THE WARNING IS...ARE YOU going to DO what Peter DID...mingle with men OF the World, Be Afraid when they COME AGAINST YOU because you BELIEVE...cower and DENY God? DENY Christ Jesus?

WARNING...it’s coming...and increasing exponentially...Nations already PUNISH believers, PUNISH believers WHO speak against immoral atrocities, believers who congregate together...

Peter FINALLY was OFFERED SALVATION......and TOOK IT.
AND PAUL......are you insane? He Preached WARNINGS....AND for Himself was Offered Salvation.....and TOOK IT!...and Preached for others to TAKE their Gift Offering of Salvation.

To ALL my New Creature Brothers IN Christ see ya soon!

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The reason so few Believers exist like that regarding their discipleship is because they didn't know this was possible.
But it is, and its what we the born again, (not the water baptized religious) but the BORN AGAIN, are supposed to do.

The reason that Paul says that "'"Christ ALWAYS gives me the victory""" over the world, the flesh, and the devil, is because its true.

Absolutely...
Jesus OVERCAME the world.
Men IN Christ Jesus have OVERCOME the world.

Glory to God,
Taken

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ditto. And Robert click on your smilies at the top of the page to post on, then at the bottom of the page click on the other options see what’s available for you to use.

I am a bit of a moron Taken, I am somewhat computer literate, but really not in some things, especially in posting pictures. But yes sir, I did as you suggested and low and behold:My2c:. Thanks Taken for the help sir.

Reactions: Taken

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
While I don’t agree with Adam at Epiousion Apologetics on many things, He has a great video spoof

Bible Highlighter,
The devil loves it when you teach your Gospel of Works, as this denies the Cross.
You've mastered this theology.
He is well pleased.
See your Spiritual issue here...

""""And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15 '"" Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."""

Notice that the torment reserved for those, is according to their WORKS.
And you teach the Gospel WORKS< in place of Faith.
This : Galatians 1:8

Do you see yourself yet, Bible Highlighter?
Better take another Look.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a bit of a moron Taken, I am somewhat computer literate, but really not in some things, especially in posting pictures. But yes sir, I did as you suggested and low and behold:My2c:. Thanks Taken for the help sir.

Okay cool. I’m not computer, apps, transferring, files, blah, blah savvy either! I have a moments interest, but not enough to spend the time and effort, when I have kids! Lol kids are growing up with this part of their daily lives, so I do the minimum for what I use often, and they do for me what I don’t want to bother with.
Glad you could see and choose other options easily. U R Welcome.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Robert Gwin

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I teach what Paul teaches regarding HOW to exist there, so that you can stop the "sinning and confessing" broken faith issue.

I think I see now. Yes I understand you. We born again Christians still do some wrongful carnal deeds called works of the flesh, but the Bible does not call them sinning for us anymore, because we are not under the law, and so we shouldn't be improperly confessing them as sinning. That is the sinning and confessing broken faith issue. I can believe the Bible teaching you share and stop torturing myself in the sinning confessing game when I do a wrong carnal deed. Walking in the Spirit and faith makes us free from the error of sinning and confessing where there really isn't sinning in the first place. Otherwise we are being guilt tripped as though we are still under the law. The real victory promised by Jesus Christ is not so much not doing wrong carnal deeds, but is not being condemned by them and needing to confess them as sinning for forgiveness by Jesus.

If that is what is true of Paul's teaching, then that is what we need to believe so that we can really have the victory Christ always promises us and stop the sinning and confessing fiasco of still being under the law.

I have another couple of questions. Is there a result of existing in that faith where we ever stop doing those wrong carnal deeds at all? And if wrong carnal deeds are works of the flesh only and not sinning for born again Christians. What is sinning for us born again Christians?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The real victory promised by Jesus Christ is not so much not doing wrong carnal deeds

“…go, and sin no more.” (John 8:11)

but is not being condemned by them and needing to confess them as sinning for forgiveness by Jesus.

“…Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.” (Romans 11:20-21)

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?” (Hebrews 10:26-29)

If that is what is true of Paul's teaching

It’s not.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I see now. Yes I understand you. We born again Christians still do some wrongful carnal deeds called works of the flesh, but the Bible does not call them sinning for us anymore, because we are not under the law,

No.
What did the law have to do with Gentiles?
It was the Hebrews/the Tribes of Israel that were released from the “PENTALIES” of the mosaic law.

As a Gentile WHAT WAS your sin? Lying to your boss? Or...
Being naturally born (from a mans corrupt seed)...in sin?
Being naturally born NOT believing in God?
Growing NOT believing IN God, IN Christ Jesus?
And the whole time of NOT Believing in the Lord God...
So also was your SOUL in your unbelieving Flesh body becoming corrupted BY Disbelief.

Point being, you were not forgiven or soul saved or spirit quickened, for “NOT believing or obeying Mosaic Law”!

and so we shouldn't be improperly confessing them as sinning.

BROADLY, Men do not read and study the scriptures...or even verify what they hear preached.

I am a gentile....Repeatedly what is scripturally Preached ...
1) Believe IN God and the one He sent, ie Christ Jesus. (Mans WORK)
2) Call on the name of the Lord Jesus...the advocate.
3) Confess Heartful repentance for having NOT Believed.
4) Confess Heartful Belief IN God and the one He sent, ie Christ Jesus (Mans reasonable SERVICE)

5) In brief; the Lord God’s Response...(Gods Works) forgive, accept his body dead, crucified with Jesus, save his soul, quicken his spirit, circumcise his heart, enter Gods Spirit of Truth in a mans new sprit, (born of Gods Seed) in his new heart........called CONVERSION.

That establishes a ONE on ONE permanent Relationship, between ONE man and the ONE Lord God....PERIOD.

WHAT SIN thereafter can that ONE man COMMIT AGAINST GOD?
Lie to God? No. Reject God? No. Cheat on God with other gods? No
Preach Against God? No. ....nada. Gods Spirit is IN that man....
WHAT Power IS greater than Gods Spirit? ...nada
Nothing what so ever can EVER AGAIN turn that man Against God.

Now that that man IS Converted.....then what?
He is prepared to DO additional works.
Required? No.
Prepared with Gods Spirit IN him? Yes. TO DO..works and services.

WHAT Kind of Works? Charity, yes. Helping hand to others? Yes...
IN JESUS’ NAME..YES, .meaning, not taking credit for charity, or helping others....but giving the credit AND glory to the Lord God.
AND...?? IF those works Glorify God...then what?
WHEN the Lord RETURNS, He shall “REWARD” you.

WHAT Kind of Service? Preaching, Teaching, Spreading the word of God........for money, for goodies exchange? NO, for FREE. For again the Purpose of Glorifying God.
Again, WHEN the Lord RETURNS, He shall “REWARD” you.

So what does ANY of THAT, have to DO WITH That mans one on one Relationship WITH the Lord God....and other men? NOTHING.

But, but, but....the man (crucified with Jesus, and converted)...is still walking around in his flesh body....AND? Has multiple long and brief relationships, mingling with people they know and strangers....right?

AND? Was any man told to believe IN men?
AND? Was any man told to CONFESS Heartful belief IN men?

So...what is it when men lie to men, men cheat men, men rob men, men want what other men have, on and on? Lying, cheating, stealing, coveting....TRESPASSING. And what should men do WHO trespass against men. APOLOGIZE and Remedy their trespass...FIX the harm they caused....to the other person.

Why are men against men, calling that a sin and Asking God to forgive them of man again man....? :rolleyes:

IF a man rapes your daughter, kills your son, drives his truck through your garden of vegetables, borrows from you and Never repay as promised..............Do you feel better, or even KNOW...
IF he then runs to God and asks God to “forgive” him?

What about your harm, your loss, your grief....doesn’t it seem a bit ODD, men are being taught, to bypass you, not admit their wrong to you and remedy their Trespass against you and the harm it caused?

IMO according to what the Jews knew for centuries....
SIN is Against God and ONLY God can forgive SIN.

NT God revealed Christ the Lord Jesus and His authority to Forgive Sin.
AND.......because broadly the Jews did not believe Jesus was the Christ, they wanted TO KILL JESUS, expressly for forgiving SINS AGAINST GOD. They claimed JESUS, was falsely claiming He was God, and had the power and authority TO forgive sin.

And somehow......Gentile men have taught for centuries, MEN sin against MEN, and thus men can forgive men of sin.

It’s a long ingrained false teaching.

Glory to God,
Taken

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

If we are never in jeopardy when we sin, then the Bible would not teach that we can fall away from the faith;

Here is faith forever resolved.

"Jesus the Author and FINISHER << of your Faith"..

See that ?
There is your faith secured.

If you "fall away from faith", then Jesus is the "finisher of your Faith".

That is an ETERNAL Security.

Also, 2 Timothy 2:13 says..."
"if we are faithless, GOD remains faithful"" ????

See that?
And how does that continue..

= It continues like this...>"God who started Salvation, in the born again, will HIMSELF, be FAITHFUL to complete it"..

THEREFOPRE, if you have a faith crisis or not........it does not matter, as "Christ is the FINISHER of your Faith" and "God is FAITHFUL to complete your SALVATION.

So, if a Cross Rejector is trying to deceive you, by telling you that your FAITH is all that matters, then you know you are dealing with a Liar who does not study the scriptures, and very possibly is religious but Lost.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have another couple of questions. Is there a result of existing in that faith where we ever stop doing those wrong carnal deeds at all?

Sure. On the day You KNOW ALL THINGS!

So, don’t make a promise to your employer, you will show up to work Every work day...
Because if a tornado blasts through and you can not make it to work...
You lied.

Don’t say you will take your kids swimming on Saturday, if on Friday you die, you lied.

Don’t tell your kids to answer the phone and say you are not there, you lied and taught and evoked your child to lie.

When asked how are you...don’t say “fine” when you are sick as a dog, or your best friend was just murdered....you lied.

Don’t borrow a pen, then walk away with it...you stole.

Don’t keep extra change, when a clerk gives you too much change...you cheated and stole.

Don’t borrow money, and not repay it as you said you would...you cheated and stole.

Don’t want what another HAS. If you want similar to what they HAVE...go find something similar, and HAVE your own...or you coveted.

We do not know all things. Yet can be cautious of what we say and do. And FIX it , when we overstep and trespass against other people.

And if wrong carnal deeds are works of the flesh only and not sinning for born again Christians. What is sinning for us born again Christians?

Committing a SIN is sinning, IS Standing AGAINST GOD. That does not, can not apply to any Born Again person. 1 John 3:9

A born again (ie Converted) person HAS the Power of God....IN Them.
It is ludicrous to say, the Power of God IN a man, can be overcome BY ANY POWER “lessor” than God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?” (Hebrews 10:26-29)

AND......according to you...what exactly is WILLFULL SIN...after having received KNOWLEDGE of the truth?

AND....according to you....what exactly DOES receiving KNOWLEDGE of the truth Mean?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
according to you....what exactly DOES receiving KNOWLEDGE of the truth Mean?

According to me?

How about according to common sense.

Receiving knowledge of the truth is receiving Christ and the gospel.

Unlike folks like these:

“I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.” (3 John 1:9)