Building A Temple For The Antichrist

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Regardless of where some would have us believe the idea of the Jews building a third temple in Jerusalem comes from (actually from Bible prophecy), the evidence for it is continuing. And its support has bled over into some supporting Christian outlets which should be a warning for those in Christ that understand the pseudo-Christ must appear first prior to our Lord Jesus' return.

Mike Oppenheimer gives a bit of history of the Zionist Jewish and Christian Zionist movements to build a third temple, and also its belief by Christian authors past and present. It's important to read the whole article to get the gist of what he's warning:

http://www.letusreason.org/b.hinn13.htm

The huge question is, just WHY would any Christian support Orthodox unbelieving Jews with building a third temple in Jerusalem and the reinstitution of the Old Covenant sacrificial priest caste system? The Orthodox unbelieving Jews do not believe what we as Christians do. They do not recognize Jesus of Nazareth as The Messiah, The Christ. And by the response Oppenheimer got from one Rabbi he wrote a letter to, the Jewish Rabbi unbelieving Jews don't support the concept of a flesh-born Messiah period, even describing such an idea as idolatry.

Some Christian brethren who support it that I've asked responded with ideas that helping to build it will help bring Christ's return, (as if our LORD needed help to return). That idea is only an excuse used to try and justify their support for building a third temple, while masking the greater sin it involves of denying that Christ Jesus is the Perfect Sacrifice for one and all time, and none other is ever needed. But that's not the real answer of what's behind their support of the Orthodox Jews and a third temple. What is then? I'm speaking of their Christian leaders which have taught them to use that kind of excuse. What are those Christian leaders really up to?

Like I said before, one of the major endtime events per Bible prophecy for the time just prior to our Lord Jesus' return is the coming of a pseudo-Christ, a fake Christ, a false messiah. This is what our Lord Jesus specifically warned us about in Matt.24:23-26 and in Rev.13:11-18, and by Apostle Paul in 2 Thess.2:3-4. That is who is to sit in the Orthodox Jew's rebult temple in Jerusalem, proclaiming himself as God. That's what the coming tribulation main event is going to be about upon us.

One of the main reasons why Dispensationalists on the Pre-Trib Secret Rapture (like Hinn, Lindsey, Ice, LaHaye, et al) would support the building of a third temple is because of how they think to be raptured by Christ prior to the tribulation. They believe by helping the unbelieving Jews to build it that will usher in Christ's coming and their pre-trib rapture all the more quickly. But there's a major problem many of them have missed. They are going to go through the tribulation like the rest of Christ's Church. They're not going anywhere, because our Lord Jesus does not return until after... the tribulation, like He said (Matt.24:29-31).

So 'who' does that put them in position to be fooled into worshipping as Christ instead? Are those like Hinn preaching that a pseudo-Christ will come prior to our Lord Jesus's return and gathering of His Church as written in God's Word? NO! They're preaching that our Lord Jesus will come first, and rapture us.

So, will there be a 'fake' rapture to the coming pseudo-Christ? Is the pseudo-Christ that comes first going to try and pull that off somehow, in order to trap those like Hinn that are only looking for our Lord Jesus to come first? I think somehow, some way, the psueod-Christ is going to fulfill that for them, to fool them into believing on him in place of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Thats all very true for the most part veteran. But you to believe a third temple is necessary for prophesy to be fulfilled. The secret rapture is certainly a branch that has sprouted from temple watchers, dispensationalists. I agree that a secret "return of Christ" pretrib rapture a catching up of believers is an injustice to the scripture as well.

But the only difference between your view and theirs is the rapture, I believe a 3rd temple is equally a deception your 2 Thes 2 verse lacks an over sight, you continually over look. Paul says he sits as God in the temple of God it the temple of God, you never mention the red.
You to teach a 3rd temple must be built. Thats the deception IMO as well.
3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin[b] is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
Paul is not speaking of a 3rd temple building, that's nonsense and a great dispensationalists deseption.
A temple building will never be called the house "temple" of God
1 Jesus declared the 2nd temple desolate Matthew 23:38-39
2 The hand of God tore open the veil covering the naos the holy of holies Matthew 27:50-51
3 Paul must say no lessw than 6 or 7 times throughout the NT that we are the naos the temple of God.

I light of the verse I mentioned 2 Thes 2:4 in the temple of God Paul can not be speaking of a building, a rebuilt 3rd temple can not and will not ever quantify as a temple of God as is mentioned in 2 Thes 2:4.

I would also like to add that the word sitting, is not to be confused with placing ones butt on a chair. When a man of authority takes office he is said to be seated. Strongs 2523 that is, set (figuratively appointed) When a President takes office he is said to be seated.

Look at the point of the statement
the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
They build because they do not recognize the Messiah. If they had, they would have understood that Christs death and resurrection not only washed them from sin and redeemed them from death but that the Holy one dwells in a temple not made with hands and he has sent his "Holy Spirit to dwell in a temple called the redeemed of the Lord.

Shalom and Blessings!

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I do not think that any "support' from Christians for the Jews to rebuild a temple comes from a position of belief or un-beleif in Messiah.

The support most likely comes because it is mainly Christian Conservatives in the world who support the right of Israel to have it's own land .... and a temple would just be a continuation of that ...... and not an endorsement of Judaism without Christ.

If it was not for christian countries like Britian , Canada , America , Australia .... etc ..... Israel would have been blown off the map years ago ..... or never been able to regather in the first place in 1948.

The Muslims and most of the world HATE Israel at the best of times ..... can you imagine the hatred if they try to build the Jewish Temple .... Yikes !!

It will only be Christendom who speak up in defense of Israel (as a nation) ...... It will not be an endorsement of their unbelief in Christ

We must never forget God calls Israel His people , the land His Land , and the temple His Temple.

he even gave precise instructions how to build it.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It is all according to God's plan for a nation he has chosen for his purpose. One day he will remove the veil but for now, he has kept them under the veil until the Fullness of the Gentiles are complete...

Shalom!

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
veteran,

Before I start I would like to state that I am a post-trib 1st
resurrectionist.

You stated: The
huge question is, just WHY would any Christian support Orthodox unbelieving
Jews with building a third temple in Jerusalem and the reinstitution of the Old
Covenant sacrificial priest caste system?

My response: As I understand the prophetic scriptures,
the unbelieving Jews have to build the temple which the AC will desecrate prior
to the advent of Christ. No temple, no AC, no
advent of Christ.

Are you against the advent of Christ?

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Arnie Manitoba said:
Read that whole thing carefully and it as much as says that BECAUSE OF Israels unbeleif and disobedience THE GENTILES have the opportunity to receive salvation
Their disobedience means our salvation ...... until the full number of Gentiles are come in .... then it is all about Israel again.
If you chop down the olive tree Israel you will fall with it ..... because you hang on the branch grafted into the olive tree.
The opportunity to receive salvation has always been available to everyone. All anyone living in another nation had to do was move to the land of Israel and worship GOD. Forgiveness used to be only in natural Jerusalem where GOD placed his name. Now, however, that old economy has been removed, and forgiveness is found only in the heavenly Jerusalem through the spirit, which is freely available to all men wherever they are.

The olive tree into which all believers are grafted is spiritual in nature; the natural has nothing to do with it. Also, don't confuse the root with the branches. The root is Jesus.

Boast not against the branches [the natural seed]. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root [Jesus], but the root [Jesus] thee. Romans 11:18

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
And here I thought the Temple for the Antichrist was already built:

whitehouse.jpg

HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR

Brothertom

All for Jesus no matter the cost.
May 1, 2012
Bottom of Illinois
THE HOLY PLACE.

"Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the HOLY PLACE (whoever reads, let him understand), “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains."

The "Holy Place" is the exact place that Abraham offered up Isaac, on the previous Temple site, the Al-Aqsa Mosque, also known as Al-Aqsa and Bayt al-Muqaddas, & is the third holiest site in Islam and is located in the Old City of Jerusalem. The Jews would/could never build a temple without first capturing THE HOLY PLACE.

There will not be another temple built by the Jews. The Holy Place is under the Dome of the Rock, an Islamic temple dedicated to the worship of Allah, & Mohammed. I believe that that the Anti-Christ himself will declare himself Allah/Jahweh there; God in the flesh, & through blasphemy of Jesus there [ demanding all worship ] ....The Lord will have had enough...& pour out the terrible bowls of wrath...without letup....& then return to humiliate the Anti-Christ & see him physically thrown into the Lake of fire that burns forever....and destroying this 200 million man army ready to butcher every Jew in Israel.

It will be a rough time for all but let us be assured that Jesus wins in the end...Hallelujah!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Arnie Manitoba said:
I do not think that any "support' from Christians for the Jews to rebuild a temple comes from a position of belief or un-beleif in Messiah.

The support most likely comes because it is mainly Christian Conservatives in the world who support the right of Israel to have it's own land .... and a temple would just be a continuation of that ...... and not an endorsement of Judaism without Christ.

If it was not for christian countries like Britian , Canada , America , Australia .... etc ..... Israel would have been blown off the map years ago ..... or never been able to regather in the first place in 1948.

The Muslims and most of the world HATE Israel at the best of times ..... can you imagine the hatred if they try to build the Jewish Temple .... Yikes !!

It will only be Christendom who speak up in defense of Israel (as a nation) ...... It will not be an endorsement of their unbelief in Christ

We must never forget God calls Israel His people , the land His Land , and the temple His Temple.

he even gave precise instructions how to build it.
I suppose I would fall under that Christian Conservative category, because I support the idea of our brother Judah being established in the land of Israel like God's Word prophesied would occur for the last days, yet I refuse to recognize their building of a third temple to start up Old Covenant worship again, which is against our Lord Jesus Christ. And I'm sure there are many Christian Conservatives of like mind like myself.

Angelina said:
It is all according to God's plan for a nation he has chosen for his purpose. One day he will remove the veil but for now, he has kept them under the veil until the Fullness of the Gentiles are complete...

Shalom!
Amen to that, a subject Apostle Paul well covered in Romans 11.

guysmith said:
veteran,

Before I start I would like to state that I am a post-trib 1st
resurrectionist.

You stated: The
huge question is, just WHY would any Christian support Orthodox unbelieving
Jews with building a third temple in Jerusalem and the reinstitution of the Old
Covenant sacrificial priest caste system?

My response: As I understand the prophetic scriptures,
the unbelieving Jews have to build the temple which the AC will desecrate prior
to the advent of Christ. No temple, no AC, no
advent of Christ.

Are you against the advent of Christ?
Of course I am not against the "advent of Christ", His second coming. But that kind of question is not the real point of my OP. My actual point is WHY are those Christian preachers tricking their congregations into supporting the building of another temple to start up the old sacrifices again, especially when they have claimed Jesus Christ as their Saviour with no further need ever, for another sacrifice?

Agreement with another sacrifice other than Christ's is actually a form of idol worship. It's because we as Christians are not to do things that would make a unbeliever think we support worship to anyone or anything other than our Heavenly Father through His Son Jesus Christ, that Message taught by Apostle Paul in his Epistles to the Corinthians.

Brothertom said:
THE HOLY PLACE.

"Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the HOLY PLACE (whoever reads, let him understand), “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains."

The "Holy Place" is the exact place that Abraham offered up Isaac, on the previous Temple site, the Al-Aqsa Mosque, also known as Al-Aqsa and Bayt al-Muqaddas, & is the third holiest site in Islam and is located in the Old City of Jerusalem. The Jews would/could never build a temple without first capturing THE HOLY PLACE.

There will not be another temple built by the Jews. The Holy Place is under the Dome of the Rock, an Islamic temple dedicated to the worship of Allah, & Mohammed. I believe that that the Anti-Christ himself will declare himself Allah/Jahweh there; God in the flesh, & through blasphemy of Jesus there [ demanding all worship ] ....The Lord will have had enough...& pour out the terrible bowls of wrath...without letup....& then return to humiliate the Anti-Christ & see him physically thrown into the Lake of fire that burns forever....and destroying this 200 million man army ready to butcher every Jew in Israel.

It will be a rough time for all but let us be assured that Jesus wins in the end...Hallelujah!
I think you miss the point. Not all Jews on the plan to build a third temple feel it has to be built where the Dome of The Rock is standing, but upon the Temple Mount area. Ultraorthodox Jews have from year to year in the last decade taken a hewn cornerstone with the intent to put it in place upon the temple mount, but the Israeli government wouldn't allow them access upon the temple mount. Their intent was to place it upon ground not involving the Dome of The Rock.

Moreover, this third temple will be false, whoever builds it. And if there's now 58% support by the Jews for building it, that percentage continuing to increase, they will find a way. There have been Islamic clerics that claim recognition of the Jew's temple too, presenting even greater possibility of some proposed agreement to build it upon the temple mount without disturbing the Dome of The Rock.