Christianity and suicide

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many who commit suicide are not in their right minds, including some Christians. They don't know what they are doing.

• Love
Reactions: The Learner

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“About 49,500 people took their own lives last year in the U.S., the highest number ever, according to new government data posted Thursday. …

Experts caution that suicide is complicated, and that recent increases might be driven by a range of factors, …”

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I know is that, even if they take their life, and have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ - they are suffering from some unescapable pain - God sees there heart.

I don't recommend killing oneself - but reach out if you need help

In America dial 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More suicides happened during the covid lockdown. More divorces happened too. Domestic violence increased. After that, in the following years, Job losses increased, businesses closed. All this contributed to suicides increasing. All this because of the Government. Christians who never experienced hard times were hit, particularly hard, because many still believe as a Christian, tribulations and trials will not come to them if they live right. Its our Faith in Christ who strengthens us in hard times. Like our parents and grandparents endured during the depression.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More suicides happened during the covid lockdown. More divorces happened too. Domestic violence increased. After that, in the following years, Job losses increased, businesses closed. All this contributed to suicides increasing. All this because of the Government. Christians who never experienced hard times were hit, particularly hard, because many still believe as a Christian, tribulations and trials will not come to them if they live right. Its our Faith in Christ who strengthens us in hard times. Like our parents and grandparents endured during the depression.
Is there anything that Government doesn't totally screw up? I honestly think that 90% of the Feds could be fired and this country would be much better off!

• Love

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe suicide is in category of murder. One of God's commandments is, Thou shall not kill.
I believe those who commit suicide are in sheol. It's holding place for the spirtualty dead or wicked.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe suicide is in category of murder. One of God's commandments is, Thou shall not kill.
I believe those who commit suicide are in sheol. It's holding place for the spirtualty dead or wicked.
Even if they are insane?

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even if they are insane?
God is the judge. They still have chance at eternal life. I'm not judging anyone.
Sanity versus insanity.
God will judge.

Sheol is holding place for the spirtualty dead. Someone who had insanity will still have opportunity for eternal life.

Second esdras chapter 7. Those who meet the 3 qualifiers.
Hate God
Hates Christian people
Despises Gods laws.
This group automatically qualifies for lake of fire. These are Reprobates.

On judgement day, Jesus will decide on insanity. The decision is Jesus to make.

John 3:19. Rejected salvation. Sheol.
Verdict on judgement? Jesus will decide. Hes the Judge.

Again, just because person is in sheol, doesn't mean they are doomed. They are waiting for judgement day.
Peace.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Teaching that people have a second opportunity for salvation after death is a doctrine of a demon!