Coffee Shop (let's chat)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Honestly though, I make a meal out of things I don't think others would think of as a meal...:D
Tuna salad with saltines or...a ham sandwich or a hotdog. That's mostly what my meals are like...but no kids, no husband, so it's okay!

Not for me.
Grown up kids married, if something happened to my husband , it would be oatmeal, Gerbers Baby Rice Cereal... almonds , chocolate raisins, and toast every day.
I don't find food exciting enough to want to cook .
I have an 83 year old friend who cooks for herself every day. Gourmet type food!! :eek:
She can take 5 hours cooking her meal. Not for me. Ha!

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not for me.
Grown up kids married, if something happened to my husband , it would be oatmeal, Gerbers Baby Rice Cereal... almonds , chocolate raisins, and toast every day.
I don't find food exciting enough to want to cook .
I have an 83 year old friend who cooks for herself every day. Gourmet type food!! :eek:
She can take 5 hours cooking her meal. Not for me. Ha!
I'm the same. I like ham or cheese in salads and sandwiches and don't eat what I cook for Ray. I can make a meal out cheese and crackers with some cherry tomatoes and some pieces of celery. I have simple tastes.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're lucky! I'm pretty much priced out of steak too. In Maryland, a steak at the grocery store is about 15.00 for a small to medium sized one. Its very rare that I can splurge on one.

Well, when we eat out, we can get a steak dinner for $10 to $12 which isn't bad. But I was thinking like hamburger. We eat hamburger meat quite a bit in meals.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We had a very busy day today. Went to Indy. Mom is in town feom Texas. Then a wedding renewal. Lots of bad weather tonighf in Indiana. We are only expected a flash flood watch, but a couple tornadoes are on the ground south of us.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever had roast beef and Yorkshire pudding? Now that's a good Sunday meal.
Ah yes, for me the Yorkshire pudding is a rarity but a delight. I used to have it once in a while when I lived in California [I moved away from there in 1985.] My wife obtained a recipe and now makes it on the few and far between occasions when we can afford Prime Rib [not roast beef] to go with it. She likes the Prime Rib [but would rather have a good steak] but for me it's one of those thing to die for and with Yorkshire Pudding ahhhh! Any restaurants in Oklahoma where they serve Prime Rib we've asked about the Yorkshire Pudding but it is seldom that even the full time cooks have never heard of it...

Reactions: Pearl

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha. :D

AA Alberta beef is the best ...but most of it gets shipped to USA ...and we are left with the scrap end. Or pay an “over the top” price. Which I won’t.

Just like life eh! LOL
This is where we are also Helen. I spoke of Prime Rib but even to prepare it yourself it is very expensive. Once in a while my wife buys a good steak for us, but the Prime Rib awaits most of the time for an unexpected check in the mail. Being retired that is not a common thing. Hamburger is a more of a staple for us in meat.

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish I could post this video, but maybe a pic. My pastor and his wife were on the road near Indy, and a tornado came up. I am so happy they are safe. This storm system missed us, but there is another string of storms coming tomorrow morning at around 5am if y'all can pray. I had this crazy dream of a tornado touching right by our apartment with "don't ifnore the strings." So I was peaying about that. And tonight there have been 7 confirmed touchdowns. God is my protector. I'm just unsure if I should stand outside and watch for funnels in the morning. :D

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FB_IMG_1560661691562.jpg

In the video it looked a lot closer, but their Facebook is friends only. I am so glad they are safe. They are very dear to me.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to sleep now though. I'm so tired. We had a very busy weekend with one more to go. I'll have to tell y'all all about it later. We were just in Indy today seeing family.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I wish I could post this video, but maybe a pic. My pastor and his wife were on the road near Indy, and a tornado came up. I am so happy they are safe. This storm system missed us, but there is another string of storms coming tomorrow morning at around 5am if y'all can pray. I had this crazy dream of a tornado touching right by our apartment with "don't ifnore the strings." So I was peaying about that. And tonight there have been 7 confirmed touchdowns. God is my protector. I'm just unsure if I should stand outside and watch for funnels in the morning. :D
Stay safe Mayflower. I hope nothing comes near you.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying this morning for you and your situation!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No tornado touchdowns near us praise God. And so glad my pastor and his wife are back safe. They picked up a woman from the Philippines who visited today!

But thanks for yalls prayers. After their encounter and that crazy dream on the 12th (had to look it up), anxiety rose back a little bit again. I saw a real difference though this time praying about it and repeating encouraging scriptures.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mayflower praying for you be safe.

Thank you!!!! I just get anxiety off and on. Though one day I may find out in Heaven my prayers diverted a crisis. Worrying never has done anything though. Lately, I believe God has really been working in my life. This new church I am visiting is just so positive and encourages me to wait upon the Lord more. He has plans to prosper and not to harm us. I can trust Him.

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers. Big fat cups of free coffees on the house!

Reactions: amadeus

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I took a four hour nap today after church!!!! It was a busy weekend. Friday, my husband and I took my daughter and a four year old friend to the zoo for 4 hours!!!

Then Saturday we went to Indy, because our mom is in town from Texas (husband's), and it was our nephew's Birthday. Then my friends had a wedding renewal that night .
Then two church services this morning going to two churches. And it was Father's Day, so special praise team songs. My hubby doesnt like to be treated special. I really want to though!!! I try to honor his wishes. It is hard. :D But Peanut made him a nice little gift at church. Her little hand print is so cute. He seems to hate gifts lol. I hope this will change as Lorena gets older. But he is an amazing father and husband anyway. I love the stubborn turd. :D

20190616_124848.jpg

Reactions: amadeus

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh ! I used to make cookie's or a cake ?
for the gran children 8 of them.... before we moved in , they wanted us to come
every day of course........... what fun that was...... Now I live here and do not want to get
in the way of my my sons wife... She does the cooking, and one of the older girls now
will on occasion make a desert...... / cookies most of the time. ,,, oh come to think on it she has
not done this in a while...... she now works for a bakery, so I guess this will not happen like
before. Specially, since we do not use those ingredient's....... white flour and sugar.....
Not good for the body !

Reactions: Mayflower

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to share a testimony about ALLERGIES!!!
Most of my life I suffered severe allergy attacks at the change of every season that lasted about 2 weeks....and it always turned into a serious sinus infection...I would become so ill.
One day,(2004), I started getting the symptoms of an allergy attack and I prayed...."God, would you please heal me of my allergies?"
He replied..."if you will quit calling them yours then I will"......:eek: From that day on I never called any sickness mine....and to this day I have not had a single allergy attack....Praise God!
So I suppose the lesson I learned is to not put ownership of any illness on my body.....which basically is what the Bible says....Death and life are in the power of the tongue and they who love it will eat the fruit thereof....