Coffee Shop (let's chat)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I want to share a testimony about ALLERGIES!!!
Most of my life I suffered severe allergy attacks at the change of every season that lasted about 2 weeks....and it always turned into a serious sinus infection...I would become so ill.
One day,(2004), I started getting the symptoms of an allergy attack and I prayed...."God, would you please heal me of my allergies?"
He replied..."if you will quit calling them yours then I will"......:eek: From that day on I never called any sickness mine....and to this day I have not had a single allergy attack....Praise God!
So I suppose the lesson I learned is to not put ownership of any illness on my body.....which basically is what the Bible says....Death and life are in the power of the tongue and they who love it will eat the fruit thereof....

Amen..excellent. I remember in the 80's there was a lot of teaching about watching our words..and keep them positive ..as you say...NEVER say that anything which is wrong in the body like "MY blood pressure"...MY heart problem. It is a gift from the devil , which we don't accept, or pick up. leave it on the door step. :)

A good word, but to my shame, sometime I forget and slip up on. :oops:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen..excellent. I remember in the 80's there was a lot of teaching about watching our words..and keep them positive ..as you say...NEVER say that anything which is wrong in the body like "MY blood pressure"...MY heart problem. It is a gift from the devil , which we don't accept, or pick up. leave it on the door step. :)

A good word, but to my shame, sometime I forget and slip up on. :oops:
But you can rebuke those words and command them to not take root and grow. I slip up but immediately catch it and take action! Pleading the Blood of Jesus! and commanding those words to wither up and die.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But you can rebuke those words and command them to not take root and grow. I slip up but immediately catch it and take action! Pleading the Blood of Jesus! and commanding those words to wither up and die.

Very true. :)

The wonderful, powerful, delivering, victory in The Blood of Jesus .

You are , as they say.."on a roll " today...keep on going :)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Most of my life I suffered severe allergy attacks at the change of every season that lasted about 2 weeks....and it always turned into a serious sinus infection...I would become so ill.
One day,(2004), I started getting the symptoms of an allergy attack and I prayed...."God, would you please heal me of my allergies?"
He replied..."if you will quit calling them yours then I will"......:eek: From that day on I never called any sickness mine....and to this day I have not had a single allergy attack....Praise God!
So I suppose the lesson I learned is to not put ownership of any illness on my body.....which basically is what the Bible says....Death and life are in the power of the tongue and they who love it will eat the fruit thereof....
Brilliant testimony. I've been plagued by a terrible cough all my life. And I say 'my cough' even though I know I shouldn't. I have prayed and been prayed for so many times but it is still there. I do try not to own it but find it very difficult to know what to say when people ask me about it.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Brilliant testimony. I've been plagued by a terrible cough all my life. And I say 'my cough' even though I know I shouldn't. I have prayed and been prayed for so many times but it is still there. I do try not to own it but find it very difficult to know what to say when people ask me about it.

I read that whenever Smith Wigglesworth was asked -"How are you feeling".
He'd answer, "I never ask myself how I am feeling, I tell myself how I am feeling. " :D

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just call something a lying symptom is trying to invade my body...lol. But seriously, you can call it a cough just don't call it YOUR cough....it isn't your's it is the enemies so give it back to him...HA!:D

Reactions: Pearl and Helen

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh wow, the meaaage of speaking life and death in the tongue has been told to me a lot lately. This makes so much sense. I'll go good awhile in what to tell myself. Then negativity for ..loooongg time. Lol

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh wow, the meaaage of speaking life and death in the tongue has been told to me a lot lately. This makes so much sense. I'll go good awhile in what to tell myself. Then negativity for ..loooongg time. Lol
I know....the tongue is a powerful weapon...it can bless and it can curse....it is an unruly instrument and who can tame it? But if we can learn to bridle it and speak His truth with it then we can begin to save ourselves much anguish in our lives...especially when it comes to our health....whether physical, mental or spiritual.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I know....the tongue is a powerful weapon...it can bless and it can curse....it is an unruly instrument and who can tame it? But if we can learn to bridle it and speak His truth with it then we can begin to save ourselves much anguish in our lives...especially when it comes to our health....whether physical, mental or spiritual.
I have known so many Christians that presented with an idea will say, 'Oh, we can't do that.' or words to that effect. So negative, just like the ten who came back to Moses with negative reports. To put the damper on something is to curse it without even thinking about it and how it might work. I've seen it happen and experienced its effect more that once. i.e. I wanted to started a newsletter for the church but was told, 'It's been tried before but didn't take off.' Similar reaction to my suggestion of a church Facebook group. And once when was sent for an X-ray because of the cough that plagues me somebody gave me two nightdresses as they had me booked into hospital for surgery before I'd even had the results back, which showed nothing untoward.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have known so many Christians that presented with an idea will say, 'Oh, we can't do that.' or words to that effect. So negative, just like the ten who came back to Moses with negative reports. To put the damper on something is to curse it without even thinking about it and how it might work. I've seen it happen and experienced its effect more that once. i.e. I wanted to started a newsletter for the church but was told, 'It's been tried before but didn't take off.' Similar reaction to my suggestion of a church Facebook group. And once when was sent for an X-ray because of the cough that plagues me somebody gave me two nightdresses as they had me booked into hospital for surgery before I'd even had the results back, which showed nothing untoward.
I haven't addressed this in my thread Know Your Adversary yet, but it is a very cunning weapon of Satan. He uses the lack of faith in others to spew their negative words on you and they don't even realize what that can do to the one who hears it.
My Sunday School teacher shared a true story of when she was in high school. Her friends decided to play a prank on her by one by one coming up to her and asking if she was ok because she didn't look well. So when everyone arrived at school that morning they started implementing their prank. She said by noon the school had to call her mom to come pick her up because she was sick with fever and nausea and vomiting. But she was feeling perfectly fine until her friends started telling her she looked ill.
When somebody tries to speak something over me like...are you ok? You look like something is wrong.....
I tell them I am fine and then I rebuke the devil and plead the blood of Jesus.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't addressed this in my thread Know Your Adversary yet, but it is a very cunning weapon of Satan. He uses the lack of faith in others to spew their negative words on you and they don't even realize what that can do to the one who hears it.
My Sunday School teacher shared a true story of when she was in high school. Her friends decided to play a prank on her by one by one coming up to her and asking if she was ok because she didn't look well. So when everyone arrived at school that morning they started implementing their prank. She said by noon the school had to call her mom to come pick her up because she was sick with fever and nausea and vomiting. But she was feeling perfectly fine until her friends started telling her she looked ill.
When somebody tries to speak something over me like...are you ok? You look like something is wrong.....
I tell them I am fine and then I rebuke the devil and plead the blood of Jesus.
Yes, we should never say negative things. I know we all do but we should try not to. One of my friends told me that years ago and I couldn't see it then, but I do now.

This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Deuteronomy 30:19-20

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree with all of you. God has really been working on my tongue in this area. I need to speak my praise and not so much my fears. Especially with my daughter.

iu.jpg

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will take your advice Heart2Soul.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will take your advice Heart2Soul.
:D....way back in the days when the Holy Spirit was teaching me about my words, I had a vision of a Roman Coliseum ( like back in the gladiator days). I was in the center of the arena and the stands were filled with angels and demons sitting on opposite sides of each other.
Whenever I spoke words of negativity/death the demons would cheer...grab my words and manifest what I spoke into my life......
Whenever I spoke words of life/positive the angels would cheer...grab my words and manifest them into my life but also put POWER behind my words by adding scripture to them to destroy what the demons were trying to manifest.

So with each "round" (like a boxing match I guess)...I figured it out....and just started speaking every scripture I could think of that His Word says about me. And as I kept winning round after round the demons started disappearing from the stands.

What a vision...lol!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, as the Designated Forum Joy Suppression Team Member, it's my duty to inform you that coffee contains copious amounts of caffeine, an addictive drug/neuro-toxin which artificially excites the nervous system/metabolism through introduction of the toxin into the digestive system, which in turn triggers a cyclic "Defcon - 1" alert to the brain that a highly toxic substance has been ingested, which stimulates the various biological systems to begin the process of quickly eradicating the poison via recurring bathroom visits, (depending on how many cups one drinks), which side affect is alertness, albeit nervousness, varying levels of anxiety, confusion, cognitive interruption....

...but surely that beats driving off a cliff unconscious on the way to work, getting fired for falling asleep on your keyboard, or strangling your annoying spouse who thinks if the early bird gets the worm, then surely there's something absolutely spectacular awaiting those who invite death by waking up and noising about before the dawn even begins to crack, right?

Yikes! Okay Bbryyd, what did you do with Phone?! :eek::D