Conflating Jesus' Second Coming with the Scorched Earth is not possible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The heads are areas of land not people. You are conflating the 7 heads with the consecutive series of kings that came and went in history.
Scripture shows what defines a head as per Isaiah.

The true connection is, as the head is the prominent part of the body, so the mountain is prominent in the land. Like "sea" and "earth"and "waters … peoples" (Re 17:15), so "mountains" have a symbolical meaning, namely, prominent seats of power. Especially such as are prominent hindrances to the cause of God (Ps 68:16, 17; Isa 40:4; 41:15; 49:11; Eze 35:2); especially Babylon (which geographically was in a plain, but spiritually is called a destroying mountain, Jer 51:25),

The mountain is the Kingdom and its head is its ruler. 7 Kings rule 7 Kingdoms which the harlot sits. As Isaiah points out what defines a head, Babylon of the Babylonian Empire was one head and its head was ruled by Nebuchadnezzar as its head.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It may be the only book to you, but not me, I understand that Elijah is one of the Two-witnesses and thus Malachi 4:5-6 tells us when the Two-witnesses will show up.

Malachi 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord: 6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

This has nothing to do with John the Baptist, the Day of the Lord is God's Wrath. John was sent in the spirit of Elijah, so says Jesus in Luke 1. So, the Two-witnesses show up BEFORE the DOTL.
I Fully Agree With Your Claim Above

I believe the (Two Witnesses) will be Enoch and Elijah, neither experienced a physical death, it is appointed into man once to die, and this will be fulfilled when they finish their testimony and are killed

Jesus Is The Lord

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the head IS THE MOUNTAIN, Rev 17. The ruler is the horn.
Correct. When the 10 horns are on the beast and its heads do not hold authority, the crowns are on the horns. That is because the heads are removed from power.

But I’m speaking before that. The crowns were on the heads, not the horns. The heads are both as Isaiah shows until the authority being the King, is removed. Look at Rev 12:3

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct. When the 10 horns are on the beast and its heads do not hold authority, the crowns are on the horns. That is because the heads are removed from power.

You see the heads as people who are or are not in power. I see them as mountains ie: areas of land where kingdoms (10 during the GT) are established. This matches scripture best and causes no contradictions like how the beast has all 7 heads yet Rev 7 says 5-6 of the 8 consecutive kings fell in the past so impossible for the first 6 kings to be present on the beast. Heads are not kings. A bad set of manuscripts errantly say they are but for the above reason we know that is false.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I should lie and tell people I don't know these things when I do? Sounds like fakery to me. As per what I have read via your posts I see confusion in large part tbh. It doesn't really matter what you believe , I mean Joseph Smith believed and we wound up with the Mormons. I do not stake my understandings on your opinions. The Holy Spirit testifies of the truth at all times. The problem is some people allow Satan to whisper deception unto them. It is what it is, and I see it coming a mile away, I have the Holy Spirit radar.

Not for you. But I am correct, so that is not really relevant is it.
It seems to me that you are arrogant and are proud of your own supposed knowledge and wisdom. A sure sign of a false teacher.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
It's certainly possible for someone to try and make the Lord's return the same as at the scorching of the earth, since anyone can think, read, and promote whatever they want about the Bible. But it's just not possible to do so with Scriptural integrity.

Any objective reader of the Bible cannot possibly do so, since it would become a tangled confusion of plainly contradicting details. That is why people must resort to spiritualizing, symbolizing, or making parables of any prophetic Scripture necessary to do so.

The objective reading is simple:

1. Them of the nations, not all, will gather at Armageddon to fight with the Lord, vs All of God and Magog will be gathered around the beloved city of the saints, and not at Armageddon.

2. The Lord Himself and His armies of saints will be coming down from the air, to fight at Armageddon, vs Fire from God out of heaven will destroy Gog and Magog.

3. The fowls of the air will be gathered from all the earth to eat of the flesh of the dead armies, vs The fire from heaven will scorch Gog and Magog alive.

4. The Jerusalem under the rule of the beast, is spiritually as Sodom and Egypt at the Lord's return, vs the beloved city of the saints is spiritually that of Christ and God.

5. Abraham will be given the land promised to him by God, that he personally walked on. Job also will see His redeemer standing on the earth as prophesied, vs The scorched earth will have no land for Jesus Himself nor anyone to stand upon. much less to give to anyone as a blessing.

6. There will be them of the nations, remaining after the slaying of armies, that the Lord will rule with His saints, vs. The scorched earth will have no one to rule at all.

7. The judgment of the natural sheep and goats on earth, vs the great white throne judgment of all the rest of the resurrected dead, after the earth is scorched and fled away.

The problem with many Christians, is we sometimes want to read Scripture from our own personal faith, rather than read the Bible objectively, and at least understand what the Author is saying first, and then take Him at His word.

No objective reader can possibly mistake the Bible speaking of the return of the Lord to this earth, and this earth being scorched with fire out of heaven.

Doing away with objective reading of the Bible, is also the result of spiritualizing and symbolizing away the objective reading of the words written therein.

Once we begin to symbolize, or make parables of the plain words of Scripture, in order to conform the words to our own faith, then the Bible does indeed become what many scholarly unbelievers have said of it: It is just another interesting and wise book of man about common myths, legends, parables, fables, etc... It becomes simply another book of many wise sayings, principles, and antidotes, much like the Gilgamesh Saga, Homer's Iliad and Odyssey, Aesop's fables, the Egyptian Book of the Dead, Plato's Republic, etc...
The middle east is scorched when Christ comes but not the entire world.
Those who get the victory over the beast and who will reign with Christ will walk apon a sea of fire and glass.

Revelation 15:2
And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

The glass they are standing on is earth and sand turned into glass from intense heat.The heavens get so hot that it in melts the elements.

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

This isn't caused by fire coming down from heaven from God though.Its actually caused by nuclear weapons used during the war at the time of Christs coming.
The abomination that causes desolation will live up to it's name on that day.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dan. 12:1 is when the Old Testament Jewish Saints are raised,
The OT saints ascended captive to heaven with the risen Lord Jesus Christ, not by a work of Michael.

Michael is tasked to handle Satan. The Lord has never needed to take time Himself, to handle Lucifer and His angels. The Father's
business is saving the souls of men, not casting devils and ungodly men first into hell, and then into the lake of fire.

Dan 12:1 looks to be fulfilled at Rev 12:7, where Satan is cast out of heaven, to become only the prince and power of the air, and the roaring lion of wrath upon the earth. The angels are cast with Satan, but into hell and reserved for judgment.

That was with Christ's resurrection and ascension into heaven. He defeated Satan in all temptations on earth, and then defeated him by His resurrection from the dead. Michael warred with the army already defeated by the man Christ Jesus.

That is when the last days of greatest tribulation begins upon the saints of God, with the resurrection of Jesus Christ to build His church on earth.

Between Dan 12:1 and 2, is the greatest tribulation upon the saints of God, because His churches are no over all the earth, and not just upon where natural Israel and believing Jews were on earth before the cross.

The children of thy people is all saints, first the children of Israel and Jews with faith of Abraham in the God of Israel, and now all them with faith of Abraham in the risen God of Israel.

There is no more naturally-made distinction among the saints of God.

he Church will not be on earth during the 70th week,
The last week of men ruling on earth, will be the beginning of the ending of these last days, of the saint's tribulation on earth. It will begin with the rise of the last antichrist beast. It will end at Christ the Prince's slaughter of them gathered at Armageddon to make war with Him and His saints.

At that midst of the last great beast's reign, is the second appearing of Jesus Christ in the sight of all men, and the resurrection and ascension of the church into the air to meet with Him there.

Following that midst, where the church is taken out of the way from off the earth, is the full revealing of that man of sin, for what he really is, and he will have no more cover nor pretence of ministering the doctrine of God. That is when the proper sacrifice of God, beginning with Abel, will end on the earth from among all men. The earth will be desolate of any oblation and sweet smelling savor of sacrifice for the Lord.

During that time, from the midst of the last week to the end of the last week, is God's great tribulation and wrath upon the earth. The meanwhile, the Lord and His chaste virgin saints, will be consummating their marriage among the clouds of the air.

I like your disciplined methodology with Scripture.
The end of the last week of man's rule on earth, and of any antichrist beast on earth, will be with the Lamb's merciless slaughter at Armageddon, and He establishes His rule on earth. Which will end with the earth and heaven being burned upon by fire of God.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The teaching is that the Lord's second appearing on earth, will be with power to have fire of God come down and burn up all His enemies, and scorch their works from the earth, in order to begin His reign over the earth.

Or, without His earthly reign, He will appear on earth, and still make fire to come down out of heaven to destroy all flesh on earth with the earth, and then depart to heaven with His resurrected saints.

And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

In either case, it is the teaching of the second appearing of a christ, that causes fire to come down in sight of men, both to awe his followers, and to destroy his enemies.

Devouring them that hate Him with the brightness of His coming, and that gather to make war with Him is one thing, but entirely another to make fire come down and consume all unbelievers, with their children and babes.

That's a wrong christ with the wrong spirit.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of that is what we are given in Revelation, the only book that speaks of the two witnesses and how long they have. Nothing about them turning Israel (the unbelievers) back to God either.
I don't normally barge in, unless I see a good point, I had not considered.

You're right. The two witnesses are only standing in defense of the gospel with fire and plague in their ministry. They are not evangelicals seeking to convert the disobedient. And besides, no one converts from the heart by such sights.

For we walk by faith, not by sight.

Scripture shows, that it is the tribulation of the world and unbelievers upon the disobedient, that God uses to turn His own people back to Himself.

If anything, it will be the unbelieving Jews that will be devoured by the witnesses, while trying to silence them as they did Stephen.

It will also be the unbelieving Jews, that will be celebrating a wicked Purim of gifts, when the those witnesses lay dead on the street.

The tribulation and wrath of God's ministry upon the disobedient, is to punish them with anguish, not to convert them with grace.

But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile.

The error of 'turning natural Israel back to God', at the end of the last days of tribulation on earth, is that the only Israel repenting and tuning to the Lord, is disobedient Christians.

After setting His earthly kingdom in place, then natural Israel will get their land and earthly priesthood promises.

Before that, they will be only another nation among nations, even as now, whether as a saint blessed in Christ, or an unrepentant sinner dead in sins and trespasses.

Jesus Christ is appearing again to receive His own Christians unto Himself, whether Jew or Gentile. And at the outset of His appearing, there will be tribulation and wrath from Himself upon the earth, as well as devouring the armies gathered against Him. This will no doubt include many unbelieving zealot Jews, that would crucify Him again, if given the chance.

The only ones that may repent during the tribulation and wrath of the beast, will be only those disobedient sinners coming to, or returning to Christ, whether disobedient Christians or newborn babes in Christ.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The only ones that may repent during the tribulation and wrath of the beast, will be only those disobedient sinners coming to, or returning to Christ, whether disobedient Christians or newborn babes in Christ.
Revelation 16:11 proves you wrong. .....they would not repent for their sins.
During the final 3 1/2 years of this age, the world will be under the control of the 'beast'. Only the group of faithful Christians will be kept in a place of safety. Revelation 12:14
All the rest of the worlds peoples, including the surviving Jews and those Christians who violated the Covenant, Daniel 11:32, Rev 12:17, will have to go thru the Great Tribulation of the 7 Trumpets and the 7 Bowls.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 1335 Blessing is the Two-witnesses who show up 1335 days BEFORE the 2nd coming to turn Israel back unto God. Malachi 4:5-6 and Zech. 13:8-9 and 14:1 prove this. We see Israel repent in Zech, 13:8-9 and THEN the DOTL arrives in Zech. 4:1. In Malachi 4:5-6 we are told that Elijah will be sent back to turn Israel back unto God BEFORE the Great and Dreadful Day of the Lord comes.
Elijah is already come prophetically in John Baptist. If he lives again as one of two witnesses in Jerusalem with power of fire and plagues, then it will be before the Lord appears a second time on earth.

The two witnesses show the resurrection and ascension of the church into the air, when He does appear.

Once again, the only Israel of God, that repents by tribulation of the beast, are disobedient Christians, whether Jew or Gentile.

I still hold that 1335 is adding 45 days to 1290. Blessed are those that arrive and have part in the first bodily resurrection of the saints, after enduring great tribulation and temptation on earth for a couple of years.

The 1290 is a Jewish High Priest False Prophet gone rouge,
True, I believe he will be a Syrian Jew and convert to Christianity, who then goes on to preach his own gospel, in order to proselytize many followers to himself, rather than to Jesus.

I John 4 says all antichrists coming, are false apostles, gone out from the apostles' doctrine of Christ. They are not foreign religious leaders, which now includes the Jews' religion. They are deceivers and seducers of the saints in Christ Jesus by false doctrine, not converters to another religion.

He then STOPS (takes away the sacrifice) Jesus worship
When the saints are taken out of the way at Jesus' second appearing, in the midst of the last week, then that man of sin will be revealed for what he really is: a false apostle, that cares nothing for helping Christians to walk with Jesus, and is become all about his own ministry and following as a christ himself.

Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

As Jesus said of the religions Jewish leaders in His day, that false leader will have no more cloke nor pretence for sinful ministry, when He appears again, and all the sheep depart, leaving only wolves and foolish followers of a false christ with another cursed gospel.

Thou lovest all devouring words, O thou deceitful tongue.

For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Diotrephes is the first Christian one witnessed in Scripture:

I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.

Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.

he forbids Jesus worship in "his" temple,

True. He sits in his own pulpit, like a reigning whore in the temple and body of Christ.

so when the Jews who repented see this they now know to flee Judea, without them having repented they would have had no ideas they needed to flee Judea !!
The Christian sheep will scatter, when they see the rise of an antichrist beast in their own church pulpit.

The last great beast may be given a Jerusalem temple made with hands of men to sit in, at the height of his ministerial power, but it is still just another church pulpit usurped from Jesus Christ, by a false apostle.

There is no Jew nor Gentile in the body of Christ.

The only time the natural Jews will personally be figured in, is after the Lord sits on His throne in Jerusalem, and keeps the land and national priesthood promises.

Until then, there will be them of 10 nations gathered at Armageddon, which will include unbelieving Jews, to make war with Him and His saints.

Thus they have 30 days to flee Judea before the Anti-Christ conquers Israel, that's just common sense.
Jesus is prophesying to His disciples, and it still pertains to His Christian saints today and tomorrow.

Any time we see the abomination of desolation standing the holy place of the temple and body of Christ, we are to get out of that church, and find another. If all the churches are organizationally corrupt, then we flee into the blessed wilderness of our own homes and gatherings.

Antichrists are false apostles, sitting in their pulpits as Christ and Head themselves.

The last great false apostle will no doubt get his pulpit throne in Jerusalem to sit in, but it will be Christians fleeing from his false gospel, when he no longer pretends to be ministering for their welfare, but his own power.

By the way, Rev. 13 says the 2nd Beast places the Image of the 1st Beast in the temple.

He commands his followers to make an image to the first beast, and he gives life to it over others. Nothing is said of it being a physical image, nor where it is placed.

I know exactly what it is to make an image of the great and grand Pastor of the church, and then worship it and him as Christ Himself.

It comes to the point, where the Christian members no longer speak of what Scripture says, but of what Pastor says.
This happens 1290 days before the 2nd comin ends all of these wonders, r 30 dats before the Anti-Christ conquers Israel to become the Beast.
He rose before others as a beast, because he was already an underwater beast, before breaking surface of the sea.

Interesting how the Hydra was a mythical water snake with many heads.

Antichrist false prophets are spiritual and ministerial beasts. They first fall from grace and the true ministry of Christ, only to ascend from the pit in their on ministerial power, with their own gospel.

There were sincere Christians ministers at the start, but became beasts and rising stars on their own. No Christian minister wakes up one day, and decides to be a cult leader as head over his own church.

In due time, the sheep will depart his ministry, and only the loyal goats will remain.

The last great antichrist will have the greatest ministerial power on earth, since that of Nimrod, to both seduce and overcome the saints to his own gospel, as well as convert unbelievers to his own ministerial reign.

His organizational HQ will be in Jerusalem itself, and there will be ruling kings of earth giving their power and armies to his pleasure.

He himself, like all wanna-be christ ministers, disdain earthly powers of rule, for the greatest intoxicating power of all: like Lucifer, to make themselves as Gods to the believers in God.

Once that last beast has used up his kings one hour at a time, then they will all turn on him sitting in Jerusalem.

That is when the Lord will wipe them all out, and cast that beast and his false prophet alive into the LOF.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The middle east is scorched when Christ comes but not the entire world.
Agree. By the brightness of His coming, not by fire of God from heaven.

Those who get the victory over the beast and who will reign with Christ will walk apon a sea of fire and glass.
This could be them meeting Him in the air. When you look at a clear sky at day, it is like a blue sea of glass, and clouds are ships sailing thereon.

They will be in the air with clouds.

Revelation 15:2
And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

The glass they are standing on is earth and sand turned into glass from intense heat.The heavens get so hot that it in melts the elements
If you are speaking of the end of the thousand years of reigning on earth, then I think you make a good observation.

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

This isn't caused by fire coming down from heaven from God though.Its actually caused by nuclear weapons used during the war at the time of Christs coming.
I don't go with you here.

It is the Lord's tribulation and wrath on earth against the wicked, not man's, nor by man's devices.

He used natural plagues in Egypt, and the Angel of death over the Assyrians.

I rather think the saints in the air with Him, will be casting down those hailstones in weight of talents each.

The Lord's prepping bombardment before His D-Day invasion lands at Armageddon.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 16:11 proves you wrong. .....they would not repent for their sins.
This is after the resurrection of the saints, when the Lord appears a second time on earth in the air.

It is the last hour of judgment spoken of in Rev 14. Up to that time, there will still be saints slain during the tribulation and wrath of the dragon and beast.

During the final 3 1/2 years of this age, the world will be under the control of the 'beast'. Only the group of faithful Christians will be kept in a place of safety. Revelation 12:14
That will be during the last great false apostle and beast on earth, who will have a world wide organizational rule of another gospel.

Those rejecting his ministry, will flee to their blessed homes and own gatherings together, to minister to one another the faith of Jesus.

All the rest of the worlds peoples, including the surviving Jews and those Christians who violated the Covenant, Daniel 11:32, Rev 12:17, will have to go thru the Great Tribulation of the 7 Trumpets and the 7 Bowls.
True. That is the great tribulation and wrath with anguish from the Lord in the air.

With the resurrection of the church, the great tribulation and wrath of man ends, after purifying the saints on earth.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
Agree. By the brightness of His coming, not by fire of God from heaven.

This could be them meeting Him in the air. When you look at a clear sky at day, it is like a blue sea of glass, and clouds are ships sailing thereon.

They will be in the air with clouds.

If you are speaking of the end of the thousand years of reigning on earth, then I think you make a good observation.

I don't go with you here.

It is the Lord's tribulation and wrath on earth against the wicked, not man's, nor by man's devices.

He used natural plagues in Egypt, and the Angel of death over the Assyrians.

I rather think the saints in the air with Him, will be casting down those hailstones in weight of talents each.

The Lord's prepping bombardment before His D-Day invasion lands at Armageddon.
Well,just keep in mind Jesus said it all goes down when nation rises against nation and kingdom against kingdom.

Mathew 24:7
Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.

If you've been paying attention to Daniel 11 for the last few decades you would know what nations are at war at the time of the end.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Elijah is already come prophetically in John Baptist. If he lives again as one of two witnesses in Jerusalem with power of fire and plagues, then it will be before the Lord appears a second time on earth.
Many claim Jesus will literally return and rule "On This Earth" In A Millennium this being false in deception

Jesus warned his followers against this teaching, Jesus wont be found anywhere upon this earth as many claim

The Antichrist will be in Jerusalem, claiming to be Messiah Returned, "Beware"!

"Believe It Not" "Go Not Forth"

Matthew 24:23-27KJV
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Revelation 13:13-14KJV
13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Revelation 19:20KJV
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well,just keep in mind Jesus said it all goes down when nation rises against nation and kingdom against kingdom.

Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.

If you've been paying attention to Daniel 11 for the last few decades you would know what nations are at war at the time of the end.
Nations have been at war, with kingdoms against kingdoms, since the rise of Sargon the Great in Mesopotamia.

The key to the second appearing of the Lord on earth, is mass communication, where people from one end of the earth here of every little thing going on at the other end.

Most of it only causes fear and worry, even at times of peace in their own areas.

And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Jesus even preaches the gospel message of 'disconnecting' and learning to take no thought, and unnecessarily worry over such things.

They make for good news fodder, but also for Woody Allen neurotic news hearers.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
Nations have been at war, with kingdoms against kingdoms, since the rise of Sargon the Great in Mesopotamia.

The key to the second appearing of the Lord on earth, is mass communication, where people from one end of the earth here of every little thing going on at the other end.

Most of it only causes fear and worry, even at times of peace in their own areas.

And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Jesus even preaches the gospel message of 'disconnecting' and learning to take no thought, and unnecessarily worry over such things.

They make for good news fodder, but also for Woody Allen neurotic news hearers.
Well,this isn't news fodder.Its called the word of God.You should believe it.

Daniel 11:40-12:2

40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.

41 He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon.

42 He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape.

43 But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps.

44 But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.

45 And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious

12 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt

So when you read about the stars of heaven falling to the earth,and the heavens departing like a scroll being rolled together,and the earthquakes in different places,know that your tax money is hard at work.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What will go down first, is the last turmoil of Christian churches and nations of men, followed by the rise of the last great antichrist on earth, who will be the most successful at appearing like Christ Himself come on earth in the flesh again.

And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

With the help of Satan's mouth and power, he will not only convert Christians to his own organized Christianity and widespread 'mega-church', but he will also convince many of other religions to convert to his own gospel, as well as many of unbelievers and rulers of nations.

Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well,this isn't news fodder.Its called the word of God.You should believe it.
No reason to be offended and silly about something.

Knowing the nature of Jesus' warning against being caught up in constant hearing of things, and rumours of things, that may not even pertain to our own personal lives, applies very well to today's mass communication at a moment's notice.

My own walk with Jesus is much better, after 'tuning' out from all the unnecessary drama.

I remain aware of things going on, but am no longer caught up in it. Scripture is once again my main good news, that is true, and not manufactured nor overrated.

Last edited: